November 28, 2014 | 1252 users online

Makeup Brushes - Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman - Core Collection

rated 4 of 5 on 1/29/2014 8:57:00 PM More reviews by EllaBella95

Great little set at a great little price! Especially love the face brush for flawless cream foundation and the contour brush also perfect for contouring / blusher / lovely soft hairs on both. The little brush works best for lips. Slightly disappointed by the foundation brush as it's a lot smaller than it looks, it does the job but not quick enough application due to its size for my liking so if I'm using a liquid foundation I'll pick it up with the foundation brush and roughly wipe it on my whole face, then buff it in with the face brush to give a really flawless finish. Finally, none of the brushes have shed a single hair, a rarity in my experience! Thoroughly recommend!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2014 11:25:00 AM More reviews by BeautyAddict62

I personally think Real Techniques brushes are fantastic. I love this collection that features a detailer brush, contour brush, buffing brush and pointed foundation brush. My favourite is the buffing brush it makes my foundation look flawless and blends very well. The only negative is that I absolutely hate the pointed foundation brush, it is completely useless to blend foundation as it is far too small and leaves my skin incredibly streaky. Overall, though, this is a fantastic brush collection. I also recommend purchasing the expert face brush!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2014 8:02:00 AM More reviews by lovelymallie

THE BUFFING BRUSH:
I loooove this brush for foundation, bb cream, etc.
It litarally takes me 2 sec. to blend out my foundation with this brush, so it's perfect for everyday. It doesn't give you an airbrush finish, like if you were using a beautyblender og dapping it on with a flat kabuki brush, but honestly for an everyday foundation routine, it is perfect and quick! Also gives you an incredible natural finish.

THE FLAT FOUNDATION BRUSH:
This is not a favorite of mine. For foundation it's way to small, and for concealer it's to flat and stiff, to blend out under the eyes and even on blemishes. Normally I don't even use these flat foundations brushes, but if I do I will always use the one from Sigma! It's bigger and blends out better.

THE CONTOUR BRUSH:
Okay. This. Is. Perfection.
I literally use this for everything. Blush, bronzer/contour, and my favorite: concealer.
This blends out concealer SO well. I use it to cover both under the eyes and on blemishes and scars.

THE DETAILER BRUSH:
I never ever use this brush. I'm not much of a fan of little stiff brushes like this. Either you should use it for blemishes, which for me doesn't work, since it doesn't blend out the concealer at all. OR for applying lipstick, but I always apply lipstick straid ahead. I guess I'm to lazy to use a brush ;-)

- Overall I LOVE the Buffing and Contour brush, but not a huge fan of the 2 others.
I deffintly think it's still worth it to buy this set, since it's not even that expensive for brushes and the quality (of the buffing and contour brush) is AMAZING.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 1/14/2014 7:30:00 AM More reviews by mka87

My first encounter with RT brushes was the large powder brush and the blush brush. I hated both, and was recluctant to try anymore, particularly a set of brushes from the same brand. I was intrigued to try the buffing brush (partly due to the hype online, and I don't usually buy into various 'hypes') so bought the set when I spied it on offer in Boots. The buffing brush is ok but tends to highlight my dry patches (unusual on someone with combo/oily skin) but it's generally a reasonable tool. As for the other brushes - I doubt I'll get much use for them, truth be told although the contour brush is a keeper. I deliberated with buying this set/buffing brush or the Sigma F80 and came to the conclusion that for the same price I would pay for the F80, I could get a whole set of RT brushes. Definitely worth a shot.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2014 4:29:00 AM More reviews by slm1988

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I normally wouldn't buy a set I usually just buy singles but I love this set but I must admit I have no use for the foundation brush due to it being so tiny but I do love & use all the others & it was such a good price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2014 4:13:00 AM More reviews by Ferrishyn

I love these brushes. I bought these after reading a lot on them and am happy I did. I almost got the Ecotools. These are so soft and such an affordable price for the set at $17.99. I used a coupon from Ulta for $5 off and got them for $12.99! WOW such a great deal for such great brushes! The quality is insanely good.

The little detailer brush is my favorite for applying lipstick, its is SO precise. I have never had such a great lip brush before. The buffing brush is great for really buffing in mineral foundation and blush. The bronzer brush is just great. All of them are so great, I couldn't be happier and will be getting more!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2013 8:40:00 PM More reviews by Caish

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Amazing brushes!! This beats any drug store or even MAC brush ive ever used. The best brush of this pack being the buffing brush that i use with my mac studio fix powder. It now replaces my $70 mac brush 129! I also love the contour brush for my bronzer. These brushes are versatile and can be used with many products in many ways. The only brushes i now need is real techniques!! Its just a pity how high the mark up is in australia compared to the us

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2013 11:14:00 PM More reviews by Gizzy06

I heard a lot of rave reviews about real technique so when I saw them on sale @ Harmon's I said why not. These brushes are awesome! They bristles feel dense & strong and they do not shed!! I hate when brushed shed. These are great brushes.I also bought the eye collection set which I haven't used yet. Def. worth it & you won't be breaking the bank buying these.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2013 6:34:00 PM More reviews by bluestarjcf

An amazing set of brushes that I would recommend to anyone. The brushes are amazing and do what they say. I would recommend this to anyone if they were interested in buying makeup brushes. The concealer brush is the perfect size for spot concealing and the buffing brush is amazing to put on foundation or blending things in.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2013 7:21:00 AM More reviews by Merryweather

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

What can i say......i,m a huge Real Techniques fan and love all brushes because the do what they promisse and alway's.