April 18, 2014 | 1847 users online

Conditioner - Dove - Damage Therapy Conditioner Intensive Repair

rated 3 of 5 on 12/30/2012 5:33:00 PM More reviews by buffydog15

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Wow. After reading the crazy good reviews on here, I decided to pick this up. I went all natural on my hair about a year ago- no sulfates or silicones, and recently I stopped straightening my hair too. I did all this after reading about how bad these are for your hair. I kept on this regime and my hair started breaking like crazy. I couldn't get a comb through with out a bunch of hair breaking off. It was awful. My hair was tangly, dry, and unmanageable. I figured it had to be the constant heat, that my natural hair routine couldn't be hurting my hair. So I began wearing my hair natural, with no improvement. It was still unmanageable and gross. I figured I was just going to have to deal... Then I saw the reviews for this and figured why not. Oh my god. After ONE use of this, my hair stopped breaking. It's smooth, soft, and my curls look perfect. I love this. I wish I had never stopped using silicones! My hair loves them. This is great and it doesn't weigh down my baby fine hair (at least, not more than any other product I've tried). And for the price? Everyone should try this!!

EDIT: reduced to three stars, more like 3 1/2. Great moisture but I think it's weighing down my hair too much. Back to the drugstore for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2012 3:30:00 PM More reviews by Flossie2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this by chance since I only used Dove shampoo once years ago and hated it. I've avoided the Dove line ever since. But this conditioner is really good. As others have said it's a great detangler and if you have that typical colored hair syndrome with uncombable hair after shampooing you know what I mean. This stuff does the trick. I also really liked that my hair still smelled nice the next day. Usually a day after shampooing and conditioning my hair smells horrible; greasy and ucky. Not with this conditioner. It still smells fresh and clean. The bottle is a drag. I wish manufacturers would come up with a better shower bottle instead of this type that's hard to open with wet hands. It seems universal now.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2012 10:56:00 PM More reviews by shelbysahara

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Oh my gosh! Finally the perfect conditioner!!! I have thick, wavy, easily tangled hair. This stuff my only makes it soft and manageable, it detangles like nothing else! Usually it takes me 20 minutes to comb out my hair, but with this stuff, I can literally just run my fingers through it in the shower and be good to go. That's never happened before! My ends also feel much healthier, not greasy like lots if "repairing" products make them feel. It smells heavenly and even working in a restaurant, I come home after 7 hour shifts with hair that still smells fantastic. It weighs my hair down a bit, but that is easily fixed with slight teasing. I love this and will continue buying as long as I live! Shocked that something do cheap works soooooooo perfectly!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/9/2012 8:33:00 AM More reviews by Calincherie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I use this in conjunction with the shampoo and get good results. It smells good and makes my hair soft and manageable.

My only complaint is that I wish my hair had more of the silky feeling after using this and the packaging can be improved upon. I find I have to unscrew the cap to get the product out when it has about 1/4 left because of the hard plastic they use isn't very squeezable.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/13/2012 5:06:00 PM More reviews by laurenmn

This stuff is fantastic. My hair has been way over heated but this stuff makes it soft and silky, and you can't beat the cost. My hair has been relaxed chemically and this stuff is saving it.

UPDATE
I used this for four months and it never helped my hair breaking off. I just switched to the Tresemme Anti Breakage Conditioner and it makes my hair just as silky at the same low price and no breakage. If you have problems with breakage, this will not help at all.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2012 5:13:00 PM More reviews by itsKelCeeEee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

It's a nice, cheap conditioner that does what it says it'll do. Because my hair's so used to my boujie natural products and silicone/sulfate free regimes however, it made my scalp itch really badly. That whole "shampoo the roots condition the ends" things doesn't work for me because I use conditioner to comb through my hair and my roots get tangled really easily. Therefore, since I can't use this without worrying about my scalp going crazy, this isn't the product for me :(

rated 1 of 5 on 10/1/2012 6:20:00 PM More reviews by divu6

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

It made may hair fall out so bad. My 7 years old daughter started loosing hair too. This shampoo and conditioner combo made my hair hydrated but not Worth it if I loosing so much hair.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2012 1:14:00 PM More reviews by andToto2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I am quite happy with this conditioner, and I only wish I had tried it sooner. My only previous experience with Dove hair care was shortly after it was launched. I tried a hairspray, hated it, and never tried another of their hair products. But I have been noticing the great reviews for this conditioner, and since my hair has been feeling very dry and looking kind of lifeless lately (I color my hair at home), I decided to give it a try. And the price certainly is reasonable enough that I felt I didn't have much to lose.

It leaves me hair very soft and with lots of body. It just looks so healthy after I use it. And the overall condition of my hair is improving every day I use this. It does not leave my hair limp or at all greasy feeling. The smell is very nice. It's a light, clean smell. It rinses easily, and leaves my hair tangle free.

It's always nice to find inexpensive products that work very well.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2012 11:43:00 PM More reviews by goldenpeach86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this conditioner.Its amazing!I have fine,dry/damaged hair and this conditioner gets my hair so smooth and silky without weighing it down and with no buildup.My hair truly feels amazing after using this.When first rinsing it out of the shower,my hair felt so silky I kept rinsing and rinsing assuming conditioner must still be in my hair but nope!This conditioner is just that good.I highly recommend this if you have dry/damaged hair.I love this stuff I wish I tried it sooner.I will absolutely repurchase:)Plus this smells amazing and the smell lingers all day long.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2012 1:51:00 PM More reviews by tori497

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I suppose I was overdue to switch up my conditioner because I used this once and wow! I've used Dove shampoo and conditioner in the past and obviously had forgotten how much my hair loves it! (or I would never have stopped using it).

I have lots of long, medium/fine hair that gets oily at the roots and is damaged on the ends. I do not wash my hair everyday because to keep it long it's too damaging to blow dry and straighten everyday. This is not too heavy and makes my hair incredibly soft and easy to comb. I could see for some with more oily hair that this would be a little intense, but my dry, static-prone hair loves it! When my Clear shampoo runs out I will by the matching Dove shampoo.

UPDATE 7/9/2013: Sadly, I have relegated this to the back of my cabinet, under my sink. In the winter, this is great for keeping static away. For summer it is way too heavy. I also found I was breaking out on my upper back and shoulders and couldn't figure out why. I stopped using this conditioner and my skin cleared up. I now use this once a week as a deep conditioning treatment and ALWAYS pin my long hair up AND put a shower cap on over. I will still use and perhaps repurchase but I'll be careful to NEVER let it touch my skin again...