September 3, 2014 | 1005 users online

Eye Primer - NYX - HD High Definition Eyeshadow Base

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 5/1/2013 9:02:00 PM More reviews by ilikestripes5

Did not work for me at all. I have oily hooded eyelids and this product does absolutely nothing to prevent eye shadow from creasing. If anything, eye shadow creases more quickly with this greasy product. Pigmentation is very much improved, either.

To oily lidded ladies with deep creases, stay away from this product!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/28/2013 8:58:00 PM More reviews by dawndru

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

NYX eyeshadow base did nothing for me. I ended up throwing it out. I've used UD primer potion for years but decided to try something cheaper. Waste of money, though the price was so small I don't feel that badly. It did not prolong the life of my eyeshadow and it didn't increase the pigments. I really see absolutely no benefits. My lids are not particularly oily so its a mystery why others got some benefits from it.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/23/2013 11:04:00 PM More reviews by milipudding

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

The texture and color is similar to other eye primer favorites like the UD or the Lorac, but this one is more slick. After I put this on, the primer itself will crease into my folded lids even before I put on any eyeshadow :( And when I do put on the eyeshadow the color slips around and it's harder to control where the color goes.
I give it one lippie because it does make the eyeshadow color more vibrant and prevents creasing for a while. Though I could see creasing in my inner corners after about just 2 hours (my shadow creases within 30min if I don't use any primer). I could get at least 5-6 hours of wear on UD or Lorac.
Overall not made for oily skinned girls with hooded eye lids who also lives in a very humid area OTL

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2013 2:06:00 PM More reviews by HeatherlyBreezes

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I prefer this to UD's for several reasons.
UDPP dries out my eyelids and makes the shadow look crepey after awhile, if not immediately.
Yes, this is quite oily and does require time to sink in / dry prior to applying shadow, but it's worth the change in routine to me.
For $7 vs. $20 it's definitely a superior product. Makes shadow colors pop and helps with creasing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2013 10:43:00 PM More reviews by SimpleNSexy

Cheap and effective! NYX does it again!

Price: $11 CAD
Texture: very thin , translucent
Finish: natural sheen, kinda

It really grabs onto the eyeshadows and give them vibrancy and lasting power. I have oily eyelids and this definitely keeps the eyeshadows on for the entire day and even through the night as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2013 9:31:00 PM More reviews by dwoodruff44

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is 100% comparable to the Urban Decay Primer Potion. It is definitely a more budget friendly alternative.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2013 12:21:00 AM More reviews by analoguerock

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Y'all, this is my jam! I bought this on a whim, and it's incredible. My eyeshadow stays all day, and into the night (if I don't have a chance to head home and put on a night look), with no creasing or slipping. If you're looking for a great eyeshadow primer and don't want to spend a lot of money, this is for you!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2013 1:12:00 PM More reviews by MutedDragon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Product keeps my eyeshadow on, but if I touch it while it's still sticky, it will come off. Otherwise my eyeshadow stays on until the end of the day, and even when I try to wipe it off with water. It needs a facial cleanser to remove it.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/28/2013 10:09:00 PM More reviews by chupachups79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have used the UDPP sample size prior to purchasing this.
I paid USD9 for this and the quality is terrible!!!!. It's so oily and it's really a pain to apply it and to wait for it to dry. Drying time takes about 5 minutes (feels so much longer when i'm in a rush during mornings!)

When applying eyeshadows from my UD Naked palette, the shadows apply similar to when using on top of UDPP, color payoff is also similiar, I blend the shadows together without a problem. 3 hours later, what a huge letdown when I check in the mirror. The beautiful colors have now turned dull and cakey. I face the computer the whole day and when i yawn, i do tear occasionally. With UDPP, there was no problem. With this, i even see patches after the tears have dried. So bummed out because it really spoils the beautiful colors of the UD eyeshadows.

I tried this out for a whole week before writing this review. Will definitely not repurchase this lousy product and will try TFSI next.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2013 2:15:00 AM More reviews by Catty414

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using this product for months and let me start off by saying I LOVE THIS EYESHADOW PRIMER! I have super oily eyelids and didn't think anything could top my Urban Decay Primer Potion, but I was wrong. My eyeshadow lasts hours with this on! I'll put it on at 7:00 am and before taking off my makeup at 9 pm my eyeshadow will still look flawless. The consistency isn't very thick and it feels a little oily, but after blending it that consistency goes away. The only thing I don't like about this product is the packaging; I wish it came in a squeeze tube so I could get every last drop of the stuff! This is my HG eyeshadow primer; it's affordable, blends easily, makes eyeshadows last forever, and brings out the true color intensity of my eyeshadow (more so than with UD Primer Potion)! This gets five lippys from me!