April 19, 2014 | 1811 users online

Makeup Brushes - Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman - Stippling Brush

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2013 9:34:00 PM More reviews by TheDragonsVanity

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The design of this brush is great- so many duo-fiber brushes have extra-long white fibers that will bend or fold over as you do the stippling motion into your pan of product or all over the face. This means you get more surface area coated with product, which means you get a more dense application of product, thus defeating the purpose of using the stippling brush in the first place! RT's Stippling Brush's white fibers are just a little longer than the black ones, meaning they have more support and don't fold or bend over while stippling. The size of this brush is great, too- small enough to get around the eyes and nose, but big enough so its not a tedious task to stipple the whole face.

I spray this brush with MAC Fix+ or ELF Makeup Mist & Set then stipple it over my entire face. This process accomplishes several things: it evenly applies the setting spray over the face, it does a final blend over the face so there are no harsh lines of demarcation, and it picks up any excess makeup that doesn't need to be there.

All Real Techniques brushes are very easy to clean and dry quickly. None of the Real Techniques brushes I have have ever shed on me, nor are any of them stained from continued use of colored products.

I have 2 downsides to Real Techniques brushes:

1) If you use alcohol or an alcohol-based cleaner to spot-clean clean your synthetic brushes, be sure to keep it away from the rubbery/soft coating on the black handle- it will melt the coating off. It doesn't ruin the brush, but you will be left with a black, shiny plastic handle with sharpish edges (this happened to my Expert Face Brush).

2) The aluminum ferrule will dent relatively easily compared to steel ferrules of other brushes. Do NOT knock the brush on the side of your sink to shake the excess water out after you've washed any of your Real Techniques brushes- it will dent the crap out of it. Don't ask me how I know. ~sigh~

Overall Real Techniques brushes are high quality, ultra-soft brushes at a great price point. I would recommend them to anyone.

11 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2013 5:33:00 PM More reviews by ammit1984

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I might buy this again but I'm aware there are many similar brushes out there so I don't know. I said yes though.

I use this to apply my NARS tinted moisturiser and it does a really stellar job, the brush is cheap and cruelty free. I have reviewed most of the brushes in this line quite middle of the line but this one is actually useful to me. I think it's good for applying cream blush as well. Love it. Will keep using and might replace with something more high end in the future but if it ain't broke don't fix it.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2013 2:37:00 PM More reviews by squirrelXetiquette

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really like this stippling brish. Before using it, i prime it with a bit of moisturizer. I like to use it with liquid foundation -- goes on beautifully & evenly; i also like to use this to buff out a harsh blush, like nars exhibit a. The handle is great, the bristles are great! Try it!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2013 10:51:00 PM More reviews by PianoGirl1985

This is a fabulous brush. Yes, it has smaller bristles compared to other stippling brushes but I think that it's definitely a beneficial detail of this brush. I tried using this with a foundation and to be honest it did not work for me very well (I think you will need it to be much bigger for foundation application). But I do absolutely love to use it while applying my cream blushes and highlighters. It blends them very well and makes your face look flawless without streaking.
For the price you absolutely cannot beat it. I also love waiting for special deals on these brushes at ULTA that way you can buy more of them and save more money. Who needs MAC or SIGMA, pshhh ;)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2013 8:42:00 PM More reviews by Paulinecheyram

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I would've given this brush 5 lippies because I love how easy and flawless it puts my liquid foundation on. However, after about a year and a half of using it, all of a sudden the brush hairs started falling out! I took care of this brush, so I don't know why all the hairs are starting to fall out, I have to go buy a new one now /:

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2013 4:58:00 AM More reviews by Victoriajane89

Bought this brush over the Mac due to the reviews on MUA and can say that I am impressed. The brush is great and gives you a air brushed and even finish. The handle is also quite sturdy and thicker at the end to get a good grip when applying. Would repurchase and will be checking out the other brushes from Real Techniques.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2013 1:54:00 PM More reviews by Annabellapop

Love love love

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2013 12:15:00 AM More reviews by AllAboutTheGlamLife

LOVE IT BLENDS FLAWLESSLY

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2013 10:57:00 AM More reviews by ArmaniJadaXO

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

MY ABSOLUTE FAVORITE FOUNDATION BRUSH!!!! would recommend to anyone

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2013 6:29:00 PM More reviews by Glambarbie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this brush! I use it for blush, bronzer, powder, and liquid foundation. It doesn't shed and it looks super cute!