April 19, 2014 | 1652 users online

Skincare - Body - The Body Shop - Exfoliating Gloves

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2011 11:27:00 PM More reviews by slicedara

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

These have definitely replaced my mesh sponge in the shower. The main worry for me is hygiene, and a mesh sponge is hard to complete squeeze out/wash, so I always feel like I'm partially washing myself with old soggy dead skin.
These gloves however, are very exfoliating, easy to control, and clean. The texture isn't too rough, it fits your hand so you can get hard to reach areas, and it's very easy to clean, so no worries about hygiene.

I got this in a set with some lotions and shower gels, which was on sale for only $5, yay boxing day :D

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2011 7:00:00 PM More reviews by dainty77

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

WOW!!! After reading all the reviews on MUA, I couldn't wait to run out and get me a pair of these gloves! I got the bright pink ones, because I'm such a girly girl.

First off, let me give you some background information. This is embarassing, but I am going to say it anyway. I've always suffered from recurring pimples on my butt, and after a lot of research on the internet, I found out that they are NOT pimples but folliculitis. I couldn't sit down comfortably because they would hurt so bad. Not to mention the embarssament with my boyfriend and not having a smooth booty.

So I found out that exfoliating daily helps to get rid of the dead layer of skin and what not so that your pores can breathe and therefore not get colleged up. I've been scrubbing everyday with the TBS Coconut Cream body wash, and it's been a month and no folliculitis! I cannot believe something so inexpensive could bring me such joy! My skin is baby soft and my butt looks cleaner and the scars are starting to fade away. I will forever be repurchasing!
My boyfriend says my body is so smooth and asked what I was using. I also use TBS Olive Body Scrub twice a week and use their body butter as well. I'm a happy camper!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2011 1:01:00 AM More reviews by TipTopTap

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've been on sort of an ex foliation kick lately. I had been using a buff puff knockoff, but they're hard to control and don't cover a lot of area. These gloves work great. They fit snugly on my petite hand and can be used to give yourself an invigorating body rub. I work outdoors and would routinely fail the post-shower white towel dry off, but these guys scrub off all the dirt and sunscreen. Super cheap too. Not to harsh and not too soft.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/8/2011 6:31:00 AM More reviews by aguadora

I've used generic brands of gloves like these since my teens, and when after I got my first job, decided to give the TBS ones a try, to see if they were any better.

Hm. I think it's just that psychological effect of having paid a little more for things, so you feel they're doing a better job. After a year of use, they finally got too scratchy for use. Bought myself a pair of the old no name ones from the drugstore, and they work fine. So, yes, I love using exfoliating gloves (in general) and feel unclean when I don't use any, but no, will not repurchase from The Body Shop because in the long run they're not worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2011 9:23:00 AM More reviews by narkiz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought them last summer because the sales person at shop swore by them. I bought the bleu ones.They're my one of HG products.They are very friendly to your budget. After starting to use them, i stopped buying body scrubs because I no longer need them. I also find them funny while wearing blue gloves rubbing my whole body under shover. If you think they might be too hursh for you, you can always use it lightly. I also have sensitive skin, i use them without any problem. I use them once a week.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2011 4:26:00 PM More reviews by goldenjoy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love these gloves so much! I have used wash puffs, a natural bristle brush, all kinds of granular exfoliators, and yet nothing is as effective and easy to use as these gloves. They make soap or shower gel last so much longer, It only takes a little product to get a good lather. These gloves have just the right amount of exfoliation for me, not too rough or soft. I also have some bumps on my arm and these gloves have helped so much. I use them 2-3 times a week in the shower. Also, these are great for using with any sugar or salt scrubs, it makes it a lot less messy to use them. I have only used the body shop brand, so I'm not sure how much better the cheaper brands work. However, I'm glad to spend the extra money since these work so well for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2011 9:39:00 PM More reviews by schoenl

Oh. My. Lord... these gloves will make your skin smooth and velvety. Perfect to use before self-tanner application.

TIP #1: Use these gloves very thorough AFTER shower, on wet skin with BABY OIL or any BODY OIL.. then, instead of drying your skin with towel, wrap yourself in a bathrobe and watch some TV until ALL is socked in.... THIS WILL MAKE YOUR SKIN BABY SOFT!

TIP#2: I am actually using another pair of these gloves to wash my vegetables/fruit! They remove the yucky wax layer, dirt or any impurities sooooo well.

Bottom line - Forget about all other expensive cream body exfoliators/scubs - this is it and it's dirt cheap too!

11 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2011 5:00:00 PM More reviews by ahhnordstrom

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

These are a HG product, for sure! Some people have said they are too harsh, which I can understand. But I scrub very lighting, in circle motions, and I love it! Maybe every other day would be better for some people? I (almost) feel like I don't need body lotion after using these in the shower. So amazing! I use the face pad too, which is smaller and more gentle.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2010 12:10:00 PM More reviews by Adriana265

I usually use really rough exfoliating towels or gloves to wash with, but I thought I'd try these out as my sister had a pair in her shower. They are really nice, but a lot more gentle than I'm used to. Not that I'm complaining though...these are good for an everyday scrub rather than a deep 'scrub that skin off!' exfoliation heheh. It lathers my soap up really well and leaves my skin feeling nice and soft. They come in different colours too...I've seen blue, pink, green, so there's plenty of choice if you're fussy about that sort of thing. I would definately recommend these if you've never tried exfoliating gloves before - beats using your plain old hands and soap!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2010 1:25:00 PM More reviews by Walhalla

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I actually bought those gloves after reading the reviews here because I was unhappy with my loofah (cylindrical type) and my puff sponge. Those gloves leave my skin super soft (and they are really cheap ~5 CAD$)! They work with any body gel and produce good lather. I also have a little bit of keratosis pilaris on my arms and thighs and they've helped with this a lot more than anything else I've used so far (although honestly, there's only so much exfoliation can do - those will not produce a miracle). Highly recommended!