The Body Shop Exfoliating Gloves

4.6

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

plastic!

on 3/26/2011 10:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have the white version of these, it came in a detox gift set my mom got me from the body shop. It was soo funny when i opened it because she basically read my mind. I really needed a pair of exfoliating gloves and now I have them. I use them for when I exfoliate before self tanning. They work so amazing! No more baking soda on a wash cloth, no more exfoliating loofahs, no more exfoliating tools! I really love them and will continue to use them. I hope they last me forever!

on 2/28/2011 11:40:00 AM

HOLY! I bought the Life brand of these gloves from Shoppers Drug Mart. For $3.00 my skin is flake free and glowing! I cleanse my skin daily with Dr. Woods black soap. Once a week, I pull out these gloves and use them in conjunction with the black soap to reveal soft glowing skin. I follow my cleansing routine with Cetaphil moisturizer, tone with apple cider vinegar (Braggs) every other day and use a honey mask if I have any dryness! The result... smooth, glowing skin that is bump free with only a few minor whiteheads closer to my period. Also, I no longer have any bumps under the surface of my skin. It's incredible how I used to spend virtually hundreds and hundreds of dollars monthly when all I needed was this regimine for less than $40.00 total!!! Thank you MUA for your recommendations... never would I have purchased or used these products without your feedback! What am I going to do without my quest for great skin? I need a hobby! :)

on 2/27/2011 5:55:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I have been exfoliating for close to 15 years. I cannot live without these gloves or the washcloth. I have used all different brands from Target, Rite Aid, WalMart and The Body Shop. These gloves are a must have for beautiful glowing skin. Trust me on this....you NEED these gloves!!!!!!!!

on 2/27/2011 4:46:00 AM

I've been using different gloves for a long time but none of them really exfoliated like this ones. My search is over since I've found them. I love them and I love the fact they have a loop so I can hang them in the bathroom.

on 2/26/2011 11:27:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

These have definitely replaced my mesh sponge in the shower. The main worry for me is hygiene, and a mesh sponge is hard to complete squeeze out/wash, so I always feel like I'm partially washing myself with old soggy dead skin.
These gloves however, are very exfoliating, easy to control, and clean. The texture isn't too rough, it fits your hand so you can get hard to reach areas, and it's very easy to clean, so no worries about hygiene.

I got this in a set with some lotions and shower gels, which was on sale for only $5, yay boxing day :D

on 2/26/2011 7:00:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

WOW!!! After reading all the reviews on MUA, I couldn't wait to run out and get me a pair of these gloves! I got the bright pink ones, because I'm such a girly girl.

First off, let me give you some background information. This is embarassing, but I am going to say it anyway. I've always suffered from recurring pimples on my butt, and after a lot of research on the internet, I found out that they are NOT pimples but folliculitis. I couldn't sit down comfortably because they would hurt so bad. Not to mention the embarssament with my boyfriend and not having a smooth booty.

So I found out that exfoliating daily helps to get rid of the dead layer of skin and what not so that your pores can breathe and therefore not get colleged up. I've been scrubbing everyday with the TBS Coconut Cream body wash, and it's been a month and no folliculitis! I cannot believe something so inexpensive could bring me such joy! My skin is baby soft and my butt looks cleaner and the scars are starting to fade away. I will forever be repurchasing!
My boyfriend says my body is so smooth and asked what I was using. I also use TBS Olive Body Scrub twice a week and use their body butter as well. I'm a happy camper!

on 2/14/2011 1:01:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I've been on sort of an ex foliation kick lately. I had been using a buff puff knockoff, but they're hard to control and don't cover a lot of area. These gloves work great. They fit snugly on my petite hand and can be used to give yourself an invigorating body rub. I work outdoors and would routinely fail the post-shower white towel dry off, but these guys scrub off all the dirt and sunscreen. Super cheap too. Not to harsh and not too soft.

on 2/8/2011 6:31:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I've used generic brands of gloves like these since my teens, and when after I got my first job, decided to give the TBS ones a try, to see if they were any better.

Hm. I think it's just that psychological effect of having paid a little more for things, so you feel they're doing a better job. After a year of use, they finally got too scratchy for use. Bought myself a pair of the old no name ones from the drugstore, and they work fine. So, yes, I love using exfoliating gloves (in general) and feel unclean when I don't use any, but no, will not repurchase from The Body Shop because in the long run they're not worth it.

on 2/7/2011 9:23:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I bought them last summer because the sales person at shop swore by them. I bought the bleu ones.They're my one of HG products.They are very friendly to your budget. After starting to use them, i stopped buying body scrubs because I no longer need them. I also find them funny while wearing blue gloves rubbing my whole body under shover. If you think they might be too hursh for you, you can always use it lightly. I also have sensitive skin, i use them without any problem. I use them once a week.

on 1/22/2011 4:26:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral

I love these gloves so much! I have used wash puffs, a natural bristle brush, all kinds of granular exfoliators, and yet nothing is as effective and easy to use as these gloves. They make soap or shower gel last so much longer, It only takes a little product to get a good lather. These gloves have just the right amount of exfoliation for me, not too rough or soft. I also have some bumps on my arm and these gloves have helped so much. I use them 2-3 times a week in the shower. Also, these are great for using with any sugar or salt scrubs, it makes it a lot less messy to use them. I have only used the body shop brand, so I'm not sure how much better the cheaper brands work. However, I'm glad to spend the extra money since these work so well for me.

Popular Body Skincare Products