Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Blush Brush

4.3

on 8/15/2014 9:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Best of the best for my blush!!! Go buy one now!!!

on 8/9/2014 8:47:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

The packaging is so cute. IT'S PINK. The brush is super duper soft and perfect for applying blushes or highligter. It doesn't stain easily and if it does stain, it comes off after a wash. I love using this brush and if you don't have any brush holders it also stands on its own which makes it super duper handy :)

on 8/2/2014 12:48:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Thus she ended her search for the perfect blush brush. But oh, how is this so? Extreme pickiness, and persute of greatness has landed her with a brush that is the total opposite of what had been imagined.
Ok enough of that. Let's go. I love me a good dense round brush for buffing out my blush to get a more natural look, so after buying and taking back a thousand other brushes, this was my last ( affordable$) option. I bought this just knowing I was going to take it back. It was no where near the shape or density I prefer in a blush brush. I thought it was a very cute and unique looking brush, but no way was it going to blend well enough to my liking.

I love it. Like I said I like my blush very blended and natural looking,,so to my surprise this worked wonders. It looks sort of big for a blusher but it actually fits the cheek area very nicely. My first use I picked up my most pigmented blush and swiped it across the pan, then instead of tapping it on the back of my hand before applying like I do with my previous brush, I applied directly too my cheeks, whoa. It's perfect, how so ?

My best thoughts are, the way the brush is tapered, evenly and lightly distributes the blush from the apples to the hair line with no patchiness mess and even though me being use to really buffing in the blush with a more round brush, I could easy blend with the soft bristles. I'm really liking this beautiful thing. It's so soft and does the job 10 times better than the previous. I kept looking in the mirror and was astonished. Don't judge a book by the cover is the lesson I learned.

on 7/10/2014 8:46:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium

I adore this brush! It is incredibly soft and blends blush out really well. I think it does an excellent job at evenly distributing blush across my cheeks. It blends out colour well and easily.

I think the shape of the bristles is fantastic. The brush is very fluffy but tapers toward the end. This makes precise application of colour as well as blending very easy. This shape is really helpful for application of bronzer or for a bit of contouring. It can also be used as an all over face powder brush.
If you get one brush from Real Techniques I would recommend this one.

on 7/4/2014 3:51:00 PM

I was REALLY disappointed with this brush, I had to pack on a bunch of blush to it (the blush wasn't cheap it was a mac one that works perfect with my other brush) and it still wasn't giving me the color that I wanted ! It seemed ublendable no matter what, and it ended up looking kind of blotchy and all over the place. After adding more and going over it ALOT I was able to kinda make it work. I still wasn't happy with the results tho. Ill problably give it one or two more tries, im not really the kind of person to return things but I will most likely never be reaching for this brush. I wanted to love this brush since real techniques is so raved about, but I really didn't and it's making me hesitant to even try the rest.

on 6/18/2014 5:06:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Its soft. Like amazingly soft actually. And this creates issues when it comes to using it for blush, contouring, and bronzing. It really doesn't pick up much color which in theory one would THINK was a good thing; but in practice it was a fail in that I got zero pigment payoff and to be honest, the brush had more color on it than my face did. This being the case I busted out a bunch of my way more bright blushes that are harder to use thinking this brush would really make them subtle and usable. Erk, wrong! The brush is simply too large and rounded to provide even coverage. I was pretty bummed out by this, especially considering all of these excellent reviews in which drew me toward purchasing it in the first place. It works really well as a powder brush though - however, I have a kabuki in my makeup bag for that which takes up a lot less room. This was an unfortunate fail for me and I don't recommend it for its intended purpose.

on 5/30/2014 4:18:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine

I love this with my bronzer. It's the perfect size for my face. Too big for blush application, but great for powder/bronzer. I love how it doesn't "scratch" my skin like other bronzer/powder brushes I've used. It's so soft and I really like how the bristles are shaped.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This brush is extremely soft! It gets the job done as a blush brush nicely, although i prefer to go over my contour/bronzer and it works amazingly for blending everything out and making it look soft and natural.

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

Super soft and great for a perfect, natural flush!!! I use this everyday to apply my blush

on 5/15/2014 2:43:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I love this brush! You can apply your blush very slightly but also very heavy with this brush.

Popular Makeup Brushes