Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Blush Brush

4.3

on 7/4/2014 3:51:00 PM

I was REALLY disappointed with this brush, I had to pack on a bunch of blush to it (the blush wasn't cheap it was a mac one that works perfect with my other brush) and it still wasn't giving me the color that I wanted ! It seemed ublendable no matter what, and it ended up looking kind of blotchy and all over the place. After adding more and going over it ALOT I was able to kinda make it work. I still wasn't happy with the results tho. Ill problably give it one or two more tries, im not really the kind of person to return things but I will most likely never be reaching for this brush. I wanted to love this brush since real techniques is so raved about, but I really didn't and it's making me hesitant to even try the rest.

on 6/18/2014 5:06:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Its soft. Like amazingly soft actually. And this creates issues when it comes to using it for blush, contouring, and bronzing. It really doesn't pick up much color which in theory one would THINK was a good thing; but in practice it was a fail in that I got zero pigment payoff and to be honest, the brush had more color on it than my face did. This being the case I busted out a bunch of my way more bright blushes that are harder to use thinking this brush would really make them subtle and usable. Erk, wrong! The brush is simply too large and rounded to provide even coverage. I was pretty bummed out by this, especially considering all of these excellent reviews in which drew me toward purchasing it in the first place. It works really well as a powder brush though - however, I have a kabuki in my makeup bag for that which takes up a lot less room. This was an unfortunate fail for me and I don't recommend it for its intended purpose.

on 5/30/2014 4:18:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Fine

I love this with my bronzer. It's the perfect size for my face. Too big for blush application, but great for powder/bronzer. I love how it doesn't "scratch" my skin like other bronzer/powder brushes I've used. It's so soft and I really like how the bristles are shaped.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This brush is extremely soft! It gets the job done as a blush brush nicely, although i prefer to go over my contour/bronzer and it works amazingly for blending everything out and making it look soft and natural.

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

Super soft and great for a perfect, natural flush!!! I use this everyday to apply my blush

on 5/15/2014 2:43:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I love this brush! You can apply your blush very slightly but also very heavy with this brush.

on 5/10/2014 10:15:00 AM

This is such an unique blush brush! It may seem big, but I only pick up my cream or powder blushes with the very tip and let the tapered bristles do all the blending. I'm not a fan of the look where blush looks deliberately placed instead of a natural flush. So this brush is perfect for my application. I have a small face and I swear this isn't too big at all!

This is also great for powder application! I use the sides of the bristles and can set my makeup with loose powder really quickly.

The only thing I don't like about this is the extra large base of the handle. I know it's supposed to stand on its own or whatever, but who really does that when it can be so easily knocked over? I want my brushes to fit into the pencil holder I use to hold my brushes. And this one just takes up all the space.

on 5/6/2014 8:21:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

This brush is great if you're opting for a more natural look! I have this blush that is extremely pigmented that if you're not careful, you'll end up looking like a clown. This brush blends it like a dream and I end up looking natural with this hot pink blush!
If you own more natural blushes, this brush works just as well! However, I do find myself dipping the brush into the blushes just a little more, since this does not pick up the product as easily. It's no time waster though, I overall love this brush, mainly because of the way it bleeeends.
The bristles also feel soft on the skin IMO. I didn't need to wash the brush as often as recommended since it does not absorb the product deep into the bristles..
Another plus from the Real Techniques line!

on 5/6/2014 10:14:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

With all the positive reviews, I really thought I'd like this more, but when I had a chance to feel the bristles, I was not impressed. As far as synthetic brushes go, these are not the softest out there. It actually feels a bit rough in comparison to my Lilique angled blush brush, which is the same price (or a bit less?) at Winners. The Lilique also has more density so it picks up pigment better and places it perfectly. I guess it just goes to show, don't fix what ain't broke. I'll be passing on this one.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I can understand how some people would find this brush a little too big for applying blush. If you dont watch what you are doing you can easily end up looking abit barbie like however I find it is best to use it with a light hand for a dash of blush

Top Rated Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Products