September 18, 2014 | 1981 users online

Makeup Brushes - Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman - Blush Brush

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2013 7:54:00 AM More reviews by lifeisaparadox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This brush is amazing and can be used for things other than blush! I like using it for contouring. This extremely soft brush also does not shed after washing and keeps in good form. I highly recommend this for everyone, but especially those who are just getting into using blush or if you have a heavy hand.

This brush doesn't pick up a lot of product like other brushes, but it is good as you can easily build up colour (great for people like me who tend to have a heavy hand OR people who use very pigmented products). It's very inexpensive and quite affordable, especially to those who are new to brush using and the high-end prices scare you. You seriously get way more than you bargained for with this! Way worth it.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/12/2013 7:58:00 AM More reviews by mka87

There is a lot of hype with regards to Real Techniques brushes and I admit, I think the packaging is quirky and fun. But that's about as far as the hype goes for me. The brush is extremely soft, which might suit some folk as the softness has a luxurious feel, but not me, unfortunately. For me it is less than useless as it picks up almost no product. You'd be as well not bothering putting any blusher on at all, truth be told. I'm not mad on the RT brushes, I think there are better options on the market.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2013 3:53:00 AM More reviews by QueenBee1217

I love that it's soft and doesn't shed. Not to mention it is very affordable. You get more than you pay for.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2013 12:25:00 PM More reviews by FakeLashes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is one of the few items I can give 5 lippies, the RT blush brush is soft and looks like a floppy bunny tale. This brush works great with pigmented blushes but even greater with bronzer so I made this my bronzer brush. I use this with Benefit Hoola and it gives a gorgeous finish, and you can even use the tip of the brush for light everyday contouring of the cheekbones. I can absolutly recommend this brush and I would buy a new one right away if I lost it. I own it for a couple of months now and wash it regurlary with a gentle baby shampoo and it does not shed en keeps in shape.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/6/2013 1:29:00 AM More reviews by sierray

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this brush after seeing the positive reviews online, an wanting to expand my brush collection a bit more.

The bristles are soft and mid-density. I enjoy the dome shape of the brush.

Currently I use this brush more for contouring than blush. I find that the bristles do not pick up too much product, and the shape fits in perfectly under my cheekbone. It gives a really nice applicaton (especially for those, like myself, who tend to be heavy handed). Prior to buying this brush I regularly had to re-do my makeup as my contour was atrocious and stripey.

Because it doesn't pick up a lot of product, I generally only use it for day time looks with my blushes.

I would give this a 4.5 if I could. The light application of blush works perfect for my contour (not sure if that is a plus or minus, or both). The brush looks pretty, but the wide base, which does allow you to stand the brush up, makes it difficult to fit the brush into a roll (my preferred brush storage). I am contemplating purchasing a second one so I can have one for daytime blush application and one for contouring.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2013 8:23:00 PM More reviews by reinabeina

Best brush I've used for this price. It makes me want to put makeup on every morning!

It picks up and deposits product well. I use CD blush, and when I previously used an ecotools blush brush, I used to think there wasn't much colour pay off but after using this brush, I realised it was because my old brush was "absorbing" the product.

Cleaning is a breeze too. I use makeup oil to remove all product and because the bristles are synthetic, you can rinse with water, wash with gentle cleanser, and it dries really quickly!

I would like to try other products in this range. I had used the brush for liquid foundation but that was disappointing. This is amazing!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2013 11:11:00 PM More reviews by liviiflutelouu

One of my favorite blush brushes in my collection - it is super soft, picks up a lot of product, and gives good coverage. My only complaint is that it is a bit large and sometimes takes up/covers my whole cheek area rather than just the apples of my cheeks. It can also be used to apply finishing powders, like MUFE HD or TooFaced Primed & Poreless.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2013 12:29:00 AM More reviews by KeIIsBells

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've never given out a 5+ rating on this site before. These brushes are INCREDIBLE! I own Sigma brushes that shed all the time. Real Techniques are brushes you can find in the drugstore. Not only are they fabulously well made, they are so well priced! I love the quality! I've owned a number of these brushes for over a year now; none of them shed whatsoever. I'm truly impressed. Will always repurchase along the way!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2013 10:43:00 PM More reviews by Bubbles98

This is the best and favorite brush for blending out powder products , i use it for my bronzer ,( nyc sunny) its the best for getting that tanned look

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2013 10:02:00 PM More reviews by reallyrita

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This seems to be a very controversial brush. It either works for you or it doesn't. I might have figured this out a bit. If you have a thin face, narrow face, small face or very high cheek bones, this is not the blush brush for you. It is large and domed. I have been pretty happy with my angled blush brushes but I picked this up recently at Ulta. I have a somewhat wide face with a lot of cheek area and I like my blush to apply lightly and blend out softly. I will use this blush with my more pigmented products and when I want a light application. It is very soft and takes some practice to use it effectively. I would certainly rebuy if I lost it. I almost shelled out for an expensive Japanese yashiro shaped blush brush. Don't need it now.