Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Blush Brush

4.3

on 11/14/2014 3:47:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This brush is super cute, and although that does not affect the performance I do love that it's pink. The other plus, this is super soft and not at all harsh and scratchy. This does and excellent job of picking up product as well.

On the downside the head of this brush is too large and unweilding. It's very difficult to get precision placement and I end up with blush bot on my cheek bones and in the hollows of my cheek. I like the brush fibers and the shape of the brush head, but not the size.

on 9/16/2014 11:56:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love the Real Techniques Brushes! I use my Blush Brush everyday. I find it applies and blends the blush on my cheeks well. The bristles are soft and they never shed. The brush is easy to clean and it dries very quickly.

on 9/16/2014 1:48:00 PM

idk. I really wanted to like this but I don't. It is just too big. I prefer blush brushes that blends and fits on the apple of my cheek. This brush seems better suited for wide strokes, larger faces, and/or contour application. It is very soft and well made, but just not for my face size and preferred blush application.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It's not a terrible brush but I'm replacing it after a few weeks as it's not really for me.

Pros:
- Soft bristles
- Sturdy handle
- Good price

Cons:
- For the amount of product it picks up it doesn't deposit much
- It's too big as a blush brush for me but I'd consider it for my setting powder
- Inexplicably when I wash it the bristles just won't fully rinse nearer the ferrule. When I reshape the brush I can hear suds squelching away no matter how much I rinse it. I even broke the cardinal rule and rinsed it upright and still I could hear soapy suds. The ends of the bristles are fine, so it's still ok to use, but I find that super annoying :p

I've bought a smaller tapered brush for my blush now, I prefer a more contoured look anyway!

on 8/20/2014 4:07:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

- Value for money
- Lasts a really long time (had my for 2 years and it still looks as good as new)
- Doesn't shed.
- Long handle, great grip
- Super tightly packed bristles that are soft and deposit product evenly

Everyone from makeup artists and beauty bloggers to regular folk swear by the Real Techniques brushes. Believe them all, this is truly the ONLY brand of brushes you ever need to own.

on 8/15/2014 9:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Best of the best for my blush!!! Go buy one now!!!

on 8/9/2014 8:47:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

The packaging is so cute. IT'S PINK. The brush is super duper soft and perfect for applying blushes or highligter. It doesn't stain easily and if it does stain, it comes off after a wash. I love using this brush and if you don't have any brush holders it also stands on its own which makes it super duper handy :)

on 8/2/2014 12:48:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Thus she ended her search for the perfect blush brush. But oh, how is this so? Extreme pickiness, and persute of greatness has landed her with a brush that is the total opposite of what had been imagined.
Ok enough of that. Let's go. I love me a good dense round brush for buffing out my blush to get a more natural look, so after buying and taking back a thousand other brushes, this was my last ( affordable$) option. I bought this just knowing I was going to take it back. It was no where near the shape or density I prefer in a blush brush. I thought it was a very cute and unique looking brush, but no way was it going to blend well enough to my liking.

I love it. Like I said I like my blush very blended and natural looking,,so to my surprise this worked wonders. It looks sort of big for a blusher but it actually fits the cheek area very nicely. My first use I picked up my most pigmented blush and swiped it across the pan, then instead of tapping it on the back of my hand before applying like I do with my previous brush, I applied directly too my cheeks, whoa. It's perfect, how so ?

My best thoughts are, the way the brush is tapered, evenly and lightly distributes the blush from the apples to the hair line with no patchiness mess and even though me being use to really buffing in the blush with a more round brush, I could easy blend with the soft bristles. I'm really liking this beautiful thing. It's so soft and does the job 10 times better than the previous. I kept looking in the mirror and was astonished. Don't judge a book by the cover is the lesson I learned.

on 7/10/2014 8:46:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium

I adore this brush! It is incredibly soft and blends blush out really well. I think it does an excellent job at evenly distributing blush across my cheeks. It blends out colour well and easily.

I think the shape of the bristles is fantastic. The brush is very fluffy but tapers toward the end. This makes precise application of colour as well as blending very easy. This shape is really helpful for application of bronzer or for a bit of contouring. It can also be used as an all over face powder brush.
If you get one brush from Real Techniques I would recommend this one.

on 7/4/2014 3:51:00 PM

I was REALLY disappointed with this brush, I had to pack on a bunch of blush to it (the blush wasn't cheap it was a mac one that works perfect with my other brush) and it still wasn't giving me the color that I wanted ! It seemed ublendable no matter what, and it ended up looking kind of blotchy and all over the place. After adding more and going over it ALOT I was able to kinda make it work. I still wasn't happy with the results tho. Ill problably give it one or two more tries, im not really the kind of person to return things but I will most likely never be reaching for this brush. I wanted to love this brush since real techniques is so raved about, but I really didn't and it's making me hesitant to even try the rest.

Top Rated Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Products