Thierry Mugler Angel

3.2

on 1/5/2014 6:08:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I bought this as soon as it came out years ago and liked it in the store. Unfortunately I should have waited because I detested it after wearing it for awhile on my skin.
It comes off on my skin as all patchouli & burnt sugar. I am not a huge fan of patchouli so I am afraid my review might be biased. I have smelled this on other people and liked it but on me it was truly disgusting. I ended up giving it away after a few months of trying.

Haven't been on makeupalley in forever but wanted to give this a great review!! I get a burst of citrusy chocolately freshness that is very unique every time I apply. I am going to order another angel because mine is getting low! I recommend to all of my friends and they are always complimenting me!

on 1/3/2014 4:42:00 AM

I've been wearing this perfume since buying it from Duty Free in 1997. I don't, can't & won't wear any other perfume ever I love it so much! People always comment & compliment me & it's definitely my signature smell. It's a little bit on the pricey side but if you have refillable bottles you can save a small fortune. I'll never wear another perfume.

I always feel this scent smells nicer the longer you have it on... it's quite a strong perfume which becomes more subtle & sensual as time goes on.

Been wearing this fragrance for years and totally love it!! It's sweet and sensual! It's quite a heave perfume but I like that and I like that you can smell it all day! I know a lot of people don't like it but that just makes it more appealing to me! They say your either an angel or an alien you either like one or the other and I totally agree! Don't like alien at all but total opposite with my cousin! The only bad thing I can say about this is, I was on the last bus into town at night and a hooker (mutton dressed as lamb must have been about 50) got on and she reeked of the stuff and it put me off for about a month! But other than that great perfume and none of my friends wear it so I stand out rather than those disgusting fruity scents that are so popular with my generation! Seriously DKNY apple makes me sick! Worst one of all so if you like more sensual and feminine fragrances try this!!!

on 12/22/2013 2:12:00 AM

Eyes: Violet

based on all the reviews here, I went to try it out. Just as described. All the young reviewers say it smells like barf while the older folks says it is heavenly. That pretty much sums it up.

on 12/22/2013 1:48:00 AM

Oh, man, this stuff is awful. I got all excited about the chocolate and vanilla, but the patchouli just comes in like a drunk friend throwing up all over you on your wedding day, ruining all the sweetness and light, bringing resentment and sadness. I once knew a sad bartender who slept in the same bed as her teenaged son; she wore Thierry Mugler Angel. That pretty much sums up how skeevy and itchy this fragrance seems to me. I would not repurchase this. The tester spray was enough.

on 11/29/2013 11:29:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Angel is a bold fragrance, which pits fruity topnotes against a gourmand background of vanilla and chocolate liberally doused in patchouli. Another way to describe it would be to call it patchouli scented cotton candy. IT'S WONDERFUL.

on 11/17/2013 9:51:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Other, Coarse

Just like a fine wine Angel gets better with time. I have been a fan for 21 years. I had tried all of the new fragrances as they came out and went back to Angel. This is my all time signature scent. Realize that body chemistry plays a big part on how a fragrance works with each person. Angel works well with me. I have people ask me what it is and they are always surprised. I don't think they have heard of it. They probably think it is something new and rare. It is an oldie but goodie. This is my all time favorite. Someone wrote that it would take a confident women to wear Angel, we'll call me that women. I love it..

on 11/3/2013 11:58:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This smelled very woodsy to me.

I liked it a lot originally when I tried it at the store but then after a couple applications, it is way way too pungent for me. It is very strong and after a few uses, it started to really bug me. I will not be buying again.

on 11/3/2013 4:25:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Honestly, just a so so smell. I don't recommend spending the big bucks on this. It doesn't smell childish but not grown. I don't know how to explain it. It isn't musky at all.

There was just nothing attractive about the smell to me. Ehhh

Popular Fragrances