Thierry Mugler Angel

3.2

on 12/22/2013 2:12:00 AM

Eyes: Violet

based on all the reviews here, I went to try it out. Just as described. All the young reviewers say it smells like barf while the older folks says it is heavenly. That pretty much sums it up.

on 12/22/2013 1:48:00 AM

Oh, man, this stuff is awful. I got all excited about the chocolate and vanilla, but the patchouli just comes in like a drunk friend throwing up all over you on your wedding day, ruining all the sweetness and light, bringing resentment and sadness. I once knew a sad bartender who slept in the same bed as her teenaged son; she wore Thierry Mugler Angel. That pretty much sums up how skeevy and itchy this fragrance seems to me. I would not repurchase this. The tester spray was enough.

on 11/29/2013 11:29:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Angel is a bold fragrance, which pits fruity topnotes against a gourmand background of vanilla and chocolate liberally doused in patchouli. Another way to describe it would be to call it patchouli scented cotton candy. IT'S WONDERFUL.

on 11/17/2013 9:51:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Other, Coarse

Just like a fine wine Angel gets better with time. I have been a fan for 21 years. I had tried all of the new fragrances as they came out and went back to Angel. This is my all time signature scent. Realize that body chemistry plays a big part on how a fragrance works with each person. Angel works well with me. I have people ask me what it is and they are always surprised. I don't think they have heard of it. They probably think it is something new and rare. It is an oldie but goodie. This is my all time favorite. Someone wrote that it would take a confident women to wear Angel, we'll call me that women. I love it..

on 11/3/2013 11:58:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This smelled very woodsy to me.

I liked it a lot originally when I tried it at the store but then after a couple applications, it is way way too pungent for me. It is very strong and after a few uses, it started to really bug me. I will not be buying again.

on 11/3/2013 4:25:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Honestly, just a so so smell. I don't recommend spending the big bucks on this. It doesn't smell childish but not grown. I don't know how to explain it. It isn't musky at all.

There was just nothing attractive about the smell to me. Ehhh

on 11/2/2013 10:18:00 PM

I like the fragrane but it can be a bit too strong, not an everyday frgrance for me. I only wear on special occasions, and when I do wear it people recognize it

on 10/30/2013 12:43:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Patchouli overboard. If you like strong patchouli in your perfume then go ahead. It's not for me.

on 10/30/2013 12:27:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

After reading probably hundreds of reviews about this perfume and the very mixed reactions, I decided I just had to have it (it was also on sale via Groupon so I figured, even if I didn't love it, I didn't pay full retail for it so no harm, no foul). I was so excited upon receiving it in the mail, ripped open the box at my work, and my coworkers literally made fun of me after they watched me take a big wiff and cringe. It smells horrendous straight from the bottle. It smelled as if I dumped mouth wash on a Christmas tree and then of course, all my coworkers just had to smell it after my reaction and then they made fun of me some more for spending money on something so awful. Then, something magical happened. I sprayed it on a couch and I seriously instantly fell in love. It was sweet and sugary and unique and so in-your-face that it can't be ignored. I sometimes spray it on my bed in the morning and then when I go to lay down at night I'm swept away by it's beauty. I tried it the next day on my own skin and for about an hour I hated it but as it dried down, it became so saccharin and enchanting and because I now know that I like the dry down of this perfume, I spray it on sometimes a few hours before I even leave to go anywhere, just so I don't douse people's noses with it. So, here's why I won't buy it again. A) It will take me forever to run out of it because I used it VERY sparingly and I don't wear it daily. B) I will probably never spend the actual retail value on it because its super pricey, and with my perfume addiction, I don't tend to splurge on any single perfume.

So, all in all, it's not my favorite but I by no means hate it. I will also note that I LOVE perfume and wear perfume every day and this particular one is not for the inexperienced or faint of heart. I would never ever get this as a gift for anyone or tell my friend who wears Bath and Body Works body mists to try this because, like my coworkers, they too would probably laugh at me then yell at me for suggesting they purchase such an expensive perfume. It takes a bold, confident woman to wear this and to those that do, I salute you.

on 10/29/2013 2:01:00 PM

I wanted so much to like this, but it is just intoxicatingly sweet, headache and gag inducing for me. It is VERY concentrated, strong and long-lasting but in this case it's not a good thing. You have to be careful to apply a little bit sparingly. Definitely an evening fragrance for someone who loves sweet fragrances. Angel is bold, bright, loud and wants to be noticed. The bottle is beautiful though, i love the design. Would be a beautiful addition to anyone's perfume bottle collection. On me it's Angel is all sugar and vanilla with a bit of patchouli. I can not see myself wearing this, it's too sweet, over the top and in your face. Disapprove.

Popular Fragrances