December 20, 2014 | 1665 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Candy Yum-Yum

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2013 11:13:00 AM More reviews by LiviaC1994

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Im inlove with this lipstick! extremely pigmented & the colour is so vibrant. This was my first bright lipstick, I never felt brave enough to wear such a bright colour on my lips, after seeing candy yum yum being re released by mac and It becoming a sensation on youtube I had to buy it! its very matt so lasts on the lips a long time, slightly drying but I will only wear matt formulas, any other formula lasts no time atall on my lips and I hate that. Overall I would suggest this lipstick to anyone who has not yet got a bright blue toned pink lipstick in their collection.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2013 12:49:00 AM More reviews by lediskogirl

Love this! Looks good on my tan skin and I only just borrowed it from my fair-skinned friend. So good I had to get one of my own!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2013 6:06:00 PM More reviews by fuzzysham

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE this color and bright pink lippies, and even MAC lippies, but this matte formula is worse than any other MAC matte lippie I've tried. It highlights every crack in your lips kind of like St. Germain does/did for me.
Luckily I was able to find a fantastic dupe- Stila Color Balm in Betsey. It is super moisturizing, has a minty feel and smell and is almost the same pink. I love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2013 10:32:00 PM More reviews by MIJA_97

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

one word....BEAUTIFUL!!! looks so good on any skin color no joke if you think it won't try it....

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2013 11:26:00 AM More reviews by sivadore

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is color I honestly thought wouldn't work for me, but it did! It's bright but not obnoxious, matte but not drying. And it lasts a long time!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2013 3:20:00 PM More reviews by AnikaAnswer

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This lipstick is literally great for any skin tone. Don't worry if you're too dark or to pale because it will probably look great on you. I got so many compliments from this lipstick. You definitely control the color of this lipstick whether you want to look natural or flirty for a night out. It's a matte finish but it isn't that dry. Brightest pink I have without looking crazy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2013 8:24:00 PM More reviews by Princesa7

One of my favorite barbie pink colors for the lips!!!

This stuff is drying so of course using a balm underneath helps but back to the color wich is gorgeous and I have been using it since it came out!!

But I may not have to repurchase due to Wet 'n' Wild - Penthouse Sweet A036 color by Fergie is damn near a dead ringer for this color and is more moisturizing (not to mention cheaper) check it out!

If the WnW color got discontinued I'd be back getting Candy Yum Yum!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2013 9:10:00 PM More reviews by funnygirlup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

if you want a colour to perk up your mood, to feel fun and feminine, to feel bold and confident, this is it. this isn't just pink it's PINK and it's fabulous. there's a lot of reasons i love mac lipsticks but one of the main is the lack of taste-i hate synthetic tasting crap lipsticks. it has a faint vanilla smell like their other lippies.
i don't use liner before hand and don't put anything on top and this stuff doesn't bleed and lasts a decently long time. wear it, own it and love it---beautiful with a clean cat eye.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2013 8:28:00 PM More reviews by MyLittleGetaway

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm sure my review is longer than most, but it means a lot to me. Thanks for reading :)

Let me start off by telling you a little bit about my previous lipstick wearing habits. Don't worry, it's short because it's basically nonexistent. The only lip product I wore sort of proudly was L'Oreal's Fairest Nude. I love the idea of lipstick, I think it is romantic in a way, but I never felt right wearing it. -Like a little girl who got into Mommy's makeup. As for my physical features, I wear MAC's Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Light Plus, and my lips are small and definitely not the highlight of my face.

I had containers to return to MAC (if you are familiar with the Back to MAC program you know what I mean) and I was picking out my lipstick. I told the woman at the counter I had practically no experience with lipstick and would let her pick some out for me. Honestly the only one I truly remember was Candy Yum-Yum. She held the tube up for me to examine and I immediately thought: "ARE YOU CRAZY?! I tell you I'm not used to wearing lipstick and THIS is what you pick out?" but I put on my best poker-face and agreed to at least try it. To my absolute surprise, I LOVED it. The color is so intense, it is perfect on my small lips; just the right pop of color. I felt a coolness and confidence that I had never felt before while wearing lipstick. To think, that I pulled off this crazy color! I get lots of compliments from my girl friends; guys, they just don't get it. :)

As for the product itself, it was suggested to me by the woman at the counter that I line my lips with MAC's Magenta lip liner pencil first. I own that as well and usually use it before applying Candy Yum-Yum, but I wouldn't say that you HAVE to. It just makes my lips look especially bold. There is no smell that I have noticed and it isn't at all sticky. (Which is great because I think that's what deters me the most from lip products.) It is a matte lipstick so my lips do feel a little dry and I seem to wet them more often. Thankfully, this does nothing to the pigmentation and it wears for about 4-5 hours. Even after eating/drinking the color stays put. When it does begin to fade, it is only the vibrancy that fades a little bit and it still looks nice. The staying power is so good, that I need a makeup remover to get it off completely. Using a napkin or tissue just won't do it. -Not that I mind!

I would tell anyone to at least give Candy Yum-Yum a try in the store or at the counter. The worst that could happen is that you won't like it and wipe it off. You'll never know until you try! :-) Good luck!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 5/7/2013 5:31:00 PM More reviews by teenofchrist

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I tried this lipstick on and it looked terrible on me I really didn't like it. I think this lipstick would look best on NC20 skin