LUSH Ocean Salt

Fine Sea Salt (Sodium Chloride), Fresh Grapefruit Infusion (Citrus grandis), Coarse Sea Salt (Sodium Chloride), Stearic Acid, Fresh Lime Extracted in Vodka (Citrus aurantifolia), Sodium Cocoamphoacetate, Glycol Cetearate, Triethanolamine, Fresh Avocado Butter (Persea gratissima), Coconut Fat (Cocos nucifera), Lime Oil (Citrus aurantifolia), Seaweed Absolute (Fucus vesiculosus), Violet Leaf Absolute (Viola odorata), Glycerine, Lanolin, Cetearyl Alcohol, *Limonene, *Linalool, Perfume, FD&C Blue No. 1, Methylparaben, Propylparaben.

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I cannot use this more than once a week, as I have extremely dry and very sensitive skin -- and this product is pretty harsh and my face does feel irritated and really tight right after it for a bit, but boy do I still love this stuff. It's like you're diving into a pool with the most sparkling, cleanest and coolest water on a hot summer's day. The scent is just amazing -- on days where I don't use it I catch myself smelling at it and I get anxious to use it again. If you have dry skin it's advisable to use it before you go to bed, so your skin has time to settle down overnight, and you will wake up with luminous looking, supple skin that's really, really noticable. It seems to cleanse pores really well, and I could literally watch the tiny blackheads on my nose disappear after every use. I am obsessed with anything that makes your skin super super soft, so this is like a drug for me. Even if you only use this product once a week your skin will most likely stay really smooth until you do it again. Sunday night is my Ocean Salt night and I look forward to it like I'm gonna have really good sex or something, hehe. It feels like a spa treatment. The price is steep, but it lasts a while since you don't need a whole lot of it.

EDIT: I had to stop using this on my face. While the skin looks luminous and glowing right after using it I have come to find that in the long run it actually makes my skin worse. More uneven, more prone to breakouts. What a bummer! I still use it on my body, 'cause I love the exfoliation and I can't even imagine living without the scent of this lingering around in my place ;)

on 6/3/2014 11:58:00 AM

This is hands down the best facial cleansing product I've used. It keeps my oily skin under control, it helps even out any redness. I still get a small breakout when it's that time of the month but even then this product makes the pimples small and not painful unlike the usual massive blind pimples I was getting each month. It is a little a expensive but I don't mind paying that for a product that works this well. Remember to be gentle while applying it otherwise it may hurt your skin a little bit. The smell is divine. I was originally put off when the sales assistant told me it smelt like margarita but it's not over powering and makes it feel that you've actually cleaned your skin. I LOVE the packaging is simple, cute and effective and with Lush's policy of bringing back 5 clean tubs into a store and getting a fresh face mask for free in return, how could you go wrong!

on 5/26/2014 2:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I'm only 24, but i've used A LOT of skincare products over those 24 years; especially this last year when i've really become serious about taking better care of my skin. I've used a plethora of cleansers, moisturizers and scrubs/exfoliators. This sea salt scrub from LUSH is incredible. I've only been using it for a week (every other day) but i already beyond love it. The smell is amazing, it smells like a citrus-y margarita. I ordered it online, and after reading a ton of reviews on it, knew to mix mix mix before using. Even if you get them to mix it in the store for you, or think you've mixed it enough, mix some more. There are fine salt pieces, but there are also big chunks that could probably do some damage if just smeared around. The one thing i will warn you about is it does sting a little bit. Not even just on open pimples or anything either. Even on the clear parts of my skin it stung. Personally i actually kind of like it when a skincare product tingles a bit (makes me feel like its really working) so i like this, and it doesn't last terribly long anyways. You also have to be VERY gentle when you're rubbing this around, it is pretty abrasive (which is also why i dont think i could use this everyday) but i can honestly say i have never used an exfoliator that leaves my skin as soft as this. Honestly feels like silk. I will repurchase this forever!

on 5/26/2014 11:59:00 AM

I received a sample of this and I love it. It is a course scrub that washes off clean. It has a light scent that I enjoy. I had a cut on my finger and it burned a bit so make sure you don't have any paper cuts while using this product.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I am in love with Ocean Salt, hands down. The smell is divine, it's like you're on a beach with a nice margarita in your hand. The scrub has a top layer of larger more coarse salt and then smaller more fine salt mixed in. I find this works best if before use you stir the contents that way you get an even amount of the larger and smaller salt. It is quite abrasive but I love a tough exfoliater. And with a light hand and soft rubbing motions it works great on the face. I find it does burn a bit especially when I have a breakout but that could be from the vodka infused properties. It brightens and leave the skin feeling so smooth. The only downfall if I had to pick one would be the price point. A small jar for around 23. But it works so well it's worth every penny!

on 5/21/2014 4:31:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This is a fabulous product. The only thing is that I can only use this during certain time (like when my skin is oily). It's so refreshing and just feels so nice. I will buy this again, but it is expensive so it's best used sparingly. It's almost $20 for a small container so it is worth it, but only for special occasions.

on 5/19/2014 9:50:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This product costs around $20 for a fairly small jar of facial scrub, when I first received the scrub the amount of scrub you get for the price is kind of deceiving. After using this product my views changed completely, I was 100% happy with my purchase and did not regret it at all, in fact I would definitely purchase this again! Some people find that it is too rough to use on your face and use it as a body scrub, but I find that if you just scrub very lightly is isn't too harsh on your face at all and it removes all my my dead skin, I really enjoy the texture of this scrub, it also makes my skin feel SO soft afterward. On top of all of this it has a great smell which I really enjoy. You only need to use a small amount of scrub so it will last you very long (unless your using it as a body scrub). Overall a great buy!

on 5/10/2014 7:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

AMAZING! My holy grail product! I have the worst acne prone skin (I'm 25 and still have acne) nothing and I mean NOTHING has ever worked (neither prescription acne creams, antibiotics or drugstore items). This completely cleared my skin up within a WEEK of use! This product is not targeted for acne, is actually more just an exfoliator however the sea salt, fresh vodka infused lime juice and other various ingredients are wonderful for treating acne! I use a hand held face brush from sephora to scrub my face with this! Leaves it smelling so fresh, feeling super soft and mostly acne free! I've repurchased 3 times and will continue to use! I recommend this to anyone who has problem skin like mine, anyone who loves exfoliators and anyone who loves a fresh super clean, soft cleansed face :)

It's great for before showering because it's fairly abrasive and you can use it on your face for dry patches or just to clear dead skin! It's not good for sensitive skin but it doubles as a facial and body scrub so you could use it on your legs or arms

on 4/22/2014 2:47:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

So I'm torn about Ocean Salt. On the one hand, I *love* that way it smells, and I do like how my skin feels after using it. However, I was hoping the scrub would be a little saltier. It's just not quite as scrubby as I like my scrubs to be! And it's hella pricey. So while I may buy it again for the divine price, it's not something I feel like I always want to have on hand.