September 1, 2014 | 1280 users online

Shampoo - Garnier - Pure-Clean

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2012 10:22:00 PM More reviews by keiki300

all i have to say is WHATEVER!!! not bad but not great but good. Great price. It is biodegradable and i use it as body wash or hand soap when it is on sale. because biodegradable hand soap is much more expensive. Cleans really well without drying and does not leave any residue behind. It is silicone free but not sulfate free. But the sulfate in it is very gentle. Good choice for normal, none chemically treated hair. If your hair is really dry, this is not good. The smell is just awesome.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/22/2012 1:19:00 AM More reviews by flowersgrimm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I actually like this. I've used it a few times since switching from my loreal evercreme. I loved it a lot but it was really making my hair oily. My hair feels clean and weightless kind of like it said. Over all I'm pretty pleased with this shampoo will repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/3/2012 6:48:00 PM More reviews by parsonsperson

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I use this in conjunction with the conditioner and find it to be a good, basic, shampoo. Smells nice, rinses clean. I have no problems with it at all.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2012 11:32:00 PM More reviews by angellove1705

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got a sample of this and ick ick ick. This is such a horrible product. I found not a single great thing about this. The scent is horrible and is hard to describe. Just an icky plastic smell. The shampoo itself does not really clean. It felt like it put a ton of oil on my hair that left it hard to comb and greasy from the get go. Would not recommend to anyone.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2012 7:00:00 PM More reviews by littleann818

I love this shampoo! I have very straight, black hair and I recently switched from my Herbal Essence (blue bottle) to this shampoo since this is more natural and free of parabens and unnecessary chemicals. I love the way it shampoos and conditions my hair and it smells very fresh and clean. My hair and scalp feels very moisturized after using it. Even my husband who used to use a dandruff shampoo switched to this shampoo and he says it has helped reduce his flakiness and dandruff. Would definitely recommend this product and buy it again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2012 10:17:00 AM More reviews by BCbabe

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this for my kids. I loved that it was 'biodegradable', 'no silicones, no parabens, no dyes' but I'm not loving the results. My daughter's hair looks dirty much faster using this than with anything else. A more appropriate name would be "Pure String" because that's what it does to my daughter's hair - it makes it looks stringy and gross. No repurchase from me.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/30/2012 5:57:00 PM More reviews by rosiepalms

If i could give all zero's i would. made my hair feel gross, and smell like car grease.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2012 1:04:00 PM More reviews by karissajean

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Average quality shampoo for me. I have repurchased this a couple times. I love the smell of Garnier shampoos, and this shampoo is more cleansing than most drugstore shampoos. Great price point, average squeeze bottle packaging.
If I am desperate for a shampoo (ran out and don't have backups) then I always buy this shampoo until I repurchase another.
I am really getting into more natural haircare however, so this product just doesn't cut it anymore for me. I also really like shampoo bars, they're small and compact and you get a lot of use out of them! I'm currently using one from LUSH and I'm planning on trying a couple other varieties of them.
Is this shampoo worth trying? I say yes! Give it a go if you are a mostly drugstore shampoo buyer.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2012 6:21:00 PM More reviews by airyc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Before reading, you should know that I am an early 20's, Asian who lives in the states.
What I normally use, and I wash my hair everyday or every other day (depending on my schedule):
1. Kerasys Salon Shampoo, Red bottle - Daily
2. Dove Nourishing Oil Care Conditioner - I switch up the amounts, so I'll use a tiny bit and leave it in for 1 minute and then the next time I shower, I'll use a lot and leave it in for 3-4 minutes.
3. Garnier Pure Clean Shampoo - As a clarifying shampoo once every week.
4. Fekkai Color Care Hair Mask - Once or twice every two weeks
5. Biosilk Essence - When I remember ;]

I usually towel and air dry my hair too. Very rarely do I straighten or blow dry. It's important to know this, because if you are not like me, then this review is probably pointless to you.

Let me just say that I'm trying to recover my hair from excessive dying, poor care, and I bleached it once last year. I just recently started to pay attention to my hair because I want to grow it out. After playing around with a lot of different products this is the routine that I've developed that even my hair stylist of 7 years has been saying "WOW" to. But I told her that my hair was getting really oily quicker, and I know that that's a sign that my hair is getting back to normal, but I was still getting kinda annoyed. She asked me if I used a clarifying shampoo and I said no. She told me to reserach some... and I did... and they're freaking expensive. So. I went to my local supermarket and saw this product. LOVE the fact that it's free of parabens, dyes, and sulfates. I love anything that's trying to do better for the environment, so BIG plus on that. But other than that, it lathers up so amazingly. I massage it through my hair for about 2 minutes to get it super super super clean. It works perfectly and it's solved my oil problem (which was really a product buildup problem). Funny enough though, it doesn't dry out your hair as much as you might think. I actually feel like my hair is in a way stronger. But yes, as a clarifying shampoo this is AWESOME. I use it once a week, followed by no conditioner. Ocassionally I'll use a tiny tiny bit of Biosilk after it, but that's about it. I like to have one day where I let my hair just be itself.

If you have dry/dry-prone hair, I would just avoid ANY shampoos that are clear. Usually they don't have much moisturizing things in them. The milkier they are, in an overgeneralizing statement, the more moisturizing they are. I would only recommend this as a clarifying shampoo. I couldn't see myself using this everyday unless I wanted to kill my hair haha

rated 1 of 5 on 4/15/2012 10:00:00 PM More reviews by bunbunny

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Oh yes, this cleans alright.
Cleans so "well" that it dries your hair so much, it turns it into straw, even if you have relatively oily hair, like I do.
The lather is nice, though you can't help but imagine all the chemicals going at work in your hair to make it all lather-y and foam-y. And the smell is sickly sweet.
If I was a little kid, I'd like this. But now that I've gone through different shampoos, learned about ingredients and what to look for in how a shampoo reacts with my hair, this is just bad.
Very drying (even when used once or twice a week)
Sickly sweet smell
Horrible ingredients
And best of all, it broke me out on my forehead, neck, shoulders and back; anywhere the hair touched skin, I broke out. I trashed it, because I could afford it for a $2 bottle. Didn't even consider giving it to my mom or something, why in the world would I want to make her suffer?