Garnier Pure-Clean

2.8

on 9/3/2012 4:01:00 AM

People, this is a CLARIFYING shampoo!! YOU ARE NOT supposed to be using this everyday!!!!!
That's why most of you don't like it!!! It strips your hair from any oil, residue and generally build up! That's its job! Of course it will drive your hair and scalp nuts if you use it every time you shampoo! You should use this- according to your hair and skin type - from once every two weeks, to once a month!
If you do that, then it's a perfectly fine clarifying shampoo with a good price and a nice smell! :)

on 9/2/2012 6:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

First started using this when I was away for the weekend and forgot my shampoo. I really liked the shampoo I had at home so I bought this because I didn't think I'd be using it again and I saw that it was 92% biodegradable so thought I'd do some good for the earth.

It's OK, I guess. Nothing amazing. Hair feels clean after washing it, but I wouldn't recommend using it every day because it may make your hair dry and brittle. The only thing that really bothered me about it was the smell. When I put it on in the shower, it smelled great, but after my hair dried it had this weird after-smell that I really didn't like. Everytime I moved my head a certain way I would smell it. I just sprayed some perfume or hairspray on my hair and it went away, so it was easy to get rid of. But I won't be repurchasing simply for that reason.

I love the shampoo I have now, and gave the rest of this bottle to my little brother (he has long hair for a guy) who doesn't really care about what his hair smells like. He'll probably continue to buy it just because if you don't really care how it works/smells, then why not choose something biodegradable?

on 8/9/2012 5:33:00 AM

I am so glad I found this. Every single shampoo I tried before made my hair feel gross just a few hours after I washed them. I used to have to wash my hair every other day, with this I can go up to three days without washing and that's great, because I was almost resigned to the fact that I would have to keep destroying my hair like that.
And this is coming from someone who used to hate every single shampoo and conditioner from Garnier. All the others just make my hair dirtier, instead of washing them. Or they made my hair fall off like crazy.

The fact that my hair is dyed and that I have never used the same shampoo and conditioner twice after my bottles ran out (except for this, I'm on the third bottle in a row already) has probably something to do with how well it works for me, but who knows.

For such a small price it's really good.

on 8/8/2012 12:38:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I am UBER picky about my personal products. Top concern is smell, second sulfates. This smells nice and does not have a strong lasting odor that would interfere with your preferred daily fragrance. (Loreal has a sulfate free shampoo that is supposed to smell like herbs but actually smells disgusting.)

I have curly/wavy hair and will not use silicon based products (greasy) and require sulfate free soaps/shampoos. I have a hard time finding a shampoo that will clean, without drying my hair and scalp out and not look dull or weigh my hair down. THIS IS THE BEST PRODUCT! I use both the conditioner and shampoo and love them both. LOVE IT!

on 7/23/2012 10:22:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

all i have to say is WHATEVER!!! not bad but not great but good. Great price. It is biodegradable and i use it as body wash or hand soap when it is on sale. because biodegradable hand soap is much more expensive. Cleans really well without drying and does not leave any residue behind. It is silicone free but not sulfate free. But the sulfate in it is very gentle. Good choice for normal, none chemically treated hair. If your hair is really dry, this is not good. The smell is just awesome.

on 7/22/2012 1:19:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I actually like this. I've used it a few times since switching from my loreal evercreme. I loved it a lot but it was really making my hair oily. My hair feels clean and weightless kind of like it said. Over all I'm pretty pleased with this shampoo will repurchase.

I use this in conjunction with the conditioner and find it to be a good, basic, shampoo. Smells nice, rinses clean. I have no problems with it at all.

on 5/26/2012 11:32:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I got a sample of this and ick ick ick. This is such a horrible product. I found not a single great thing about this. The scent is horrible and is hard to describe. Just an icky plastic smell. The shampoo itself does not really clean. It felt like it put a ton of oil on my hair that left it hard to comb and greasy from the get go. Would not recommend to anyone.

on 5/11/2012 7:00:00 PM

I love this shampoo! I have very straight, black hair and I recently switched from my Herbal Essence (blue bottle) to this shampoo since this is more natural and free of parabens and unnecessary chemicals. I love the way it shampoos and conditions my hair and it smells very fresh and clean. My hair and scalp feels very moisturized after using it. Even my husband who used to use a dandruff shampoo switched to this shampoo and he says it has helped reduce his flakiness and dandruff. Would definitely recommend this product and buy it again.

on 5/10/2012 10:17:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought this for my kids. I loved that it was 'biodegradable', 'no silicones, no parabens, no dyes' but I'm not loving the results. My daughter's hair looks dirty much faster using this than with anything else. A more appropriate name would be "Pure String" because that's what it does to my daughter's hair - it makes it looks stringy and gross. No repurchase from me.