July 26, 2014 | 1136 users online

Fragrances - Origins - Ginger Essence

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2008 5:55:00 AM More reviews by jeantanpk

Whenever i have stomach upset, my mum will make a light liquid with ginger and herbs to remove the bloatedness. When i first tried Ginger Essence on, i immediately felt sick in the gut. Reminded me of those moments of top and bottom leak!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/29/2008 4:29:00 PM More reviews by Lil_Mamma_001

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I enjoy spraying this anytime of the year.

-As soon as you spray it: it smells like freshly cut lime, orange, lemon and a hint of ginger. Very citrusy.

-About 5 min later: it dries to a soft, clean smell of ginger and a hint of orange. Still citrusy but more soft.

-About 30 min later: Still a soft ginger and orange smell. Not overpowering. Very nice.

-About 4 hours later: Not much of the scent left, when you smell you can tell that you put it where ever (in my case on my wrist). But I can no longer smell it hardly.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2008 6:45:00 PM More reviews by quinntastic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

One of my favorite fragrances! You can wear it year round. It reminds me of Christmas because it stimulates warmth for me. But it's light enough for summer. I always get compliments on its rich but subtle scent.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2008 4:17:00 PM More reviews by jenniferlynnedoyle

I cannot believe there are not more great reviews of this product-I think I'm giving away a secret here, but guys go CRAZY and I mean CRAZY for this scent. Guys have stopped me dead in my tracks to comment on this scent more times than I can count. Guys with girlfriends have asked me several times the name of this to make sure they didn't forget it.

The scent I wore prior to this that guys love and recognize is Michael Kors, but at the least from the 2 guys I know very well-Origins Ginger has surpassed Michael Kors.

Girls, go get this, trust me!

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 12/18/2007 9:40:00 PM More reviews by patchoul1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Does smell like Ginger but I got sick of it, too sweet??? Also way overpriced (at least here in NZ)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2007 12:45:00 PM More reviews by laumar27

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I had been wanting to sample this, so I went to my local Origins shop to smell it. I sprayed it on my arm which was a huge mistake. Initially, I didn't have any negative feelings about the smell, but about 1 minute later I asked my boyfriend to take a sniff and he hit the nail on the head with his description of Ginger Essence - bathroom cleaner. It was unusual for him since he usually loves every fragrance I happen to sample. This stuff really does smell like lemon scented Pine-Sol upon first application. Fortunately, by the time I got home from shopping, the smell had slightly died down, but was still entirely offensive smelling. They should call this fragrance 'Clean Bathroom' since that is exactly what I smelled like after spraying this.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2007 11:25:00 PM More reviews by missnine

I love Ginger Essence. It is truly an original fragrance -- it is fresh, yet spicy, warm yet calming. With that said, this scent is the perfect year round everyday fragrance... It is crisp and fresh on a warm sunny day, but it also makes you feel warm and cozy on cold/rainy days. It should be a classic! I love the frosted bottle and the drydown is as divine as the first whiff. I love everything about it! Definitely 5 lippies! And yes I will definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2007 6:24:00 PM More reviews by beechezz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I like this fragrance as its unusual compared to all of the other perfumes being marketed at this time. It is a soft fragrance and unfortunately doesn't last all that long, but I don't really care for overpowering scents. An original ginger scented fragrance, definitely worth trying if that is your thing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2007 2:22:00 PM More reviews by ccope4

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This smell is just amazing. The SA sprayed a bit on me when I was getting makeup, and I kept smelling a light breeze of it in the afternoon and could not get enough! I had to go back the next day and buy the bottle plus the roll-on. It's amazing- heavenly, light, fresh and I adore it! Smells so natural, and she said it's meant to bring out your own natural scent and it does.
Another 5 stars!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2007 7:36:00 PM More reviews by princessgracie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this fragrance! I am disappointed that there is not an Origins counter within in reasonable driving distance, but when I was out there today I purchased this. I usually have difficulty with fragrances and migraines, but this one did not bother me. It is a nice, clean scent, one that would be great for work as it does not appear to be offensive. I purchased the rollerball, as it will be easy to throw in my bag. I will repurchase!