April 17, 2014 | 2029 users online

Liquid - Shiseido - Perfect Refining Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 7/31/2012 2:53:00 AM More reviews by bellsie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I like this foundation, it only works for me if I apply with a brush, otherwise it just seems to disappear. Coverage is surprisingly full, but with a really natural look. It doesn't last all day on me, but nothing ever does so I expect that. I think it's more of a winter make up for me as it does look better set with some powder. I love the bottle, it's tiny, unbreakable and dispenses a good amount of product. I I'll keep buying until I find something better. I paid $83 nzd, so not the cheapest.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2012 11:29:00 AM More reviews by luxlover79

I love this for its lightweight feel, non-oily texture upon application, natural finish & decent coverage. It feels & looks like I'm not wearing foundation. I guess the liquidy consistency contributes to that, it's not thick that tends to cake nor dry up the skin. My face felt so smooth! Staying power on my oily combination skin (without blotting) is 5 hours. But with powder touch ups, this does excellent job for me coz it doesn't dry up my undereye area & the fading is even. I don't end up with faded oily nose as the makeup wears off on that oily area. Packaging is very compact, very convenient to carry around. 'Will repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2012 2:23:00 AM More reviews by rkamada02

After all these years, I have finally found a foundation that I really love. A couple weeks ago I went out and tried this foundation in I40 and fell in love. It leaves my face with a really SOFT matte finish and my mom swears it looks like I don't have any makeup on. My skin is really sensitive so it gets red easily from the sun, pollution, and acne and yet this foundation is able to even out my face and give the illusion that I have perfect skin!! When I went to go try out this foundation there was not a Shiseido representative available so a lady from Clarins helped me out and applied it for me. While she was applying it, her mouth dropped and said "WOW, just a tiny bit of this foundation covered your whole face and you look beautiful!" She loved it on me so much that she bought a bottle for herself, right then and there!
My skin, for the most part, is normal with an oily T-Zone and there has never been a foundation that doesn't leave me looking a bit shiny after a couple of hours. Except with Shiseido's Perfect Refining Foundation! I put this on in the morning and when I go to wash it off at the end of the night, I can honestly say my makeup looks the exact same! Im not shiny, the color hasn't oxidized and my face hasn't turned red! The bottle is really tiny but says its a full ounce so I will see how long a bottle actually lasts me. I do wish I could see how much product was left inside but thats a negative I am willing to live with. Today I went out and bought another bottle because I was told it was going to be discontinued! That's crazy! I really didn't like Shiseido's Dual Performing foundation and the Sun Protecting Liquid Foundation made my skin look extremely dry with flakes everywhere, so I have no idea what I am going to do when they don't make this anymore. I feel like I have tried SO MANY different types of foundations and this is the only one that I really like and have bought another bottle of. Guess I better stock up so I can keep fooling everyone that I have flawless skin.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2012 7:48:00 PM More reviews by eyeheartyou

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I quite like this foundation. It's very liquidy... almost watery and that made me a little leery, but it turns out its wonderfully pigmented. I usually use about two small drops and it covers my entire face well. I uses O20 and I think it matches my skin very well (although it will look incredibly yellow coming out of the tube). If you have dry spots make sure you exfoliate because this will definitely accentuate any and all of that. Its weird some days it seems to control the oilies well but on other days it does absolutely nothing.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/1/2012 2:13:00 AM More reviews by kayendee

After first reading all of the good reviews of this product on here, I went out and bought this foundation with high hopes. It claims to be noncomedogenic, but I beg to differ. This product began breaking me out about three days after first using it. First, a giant cluster of pimples began forming on my chin that soon spread to my ENTIRE face. This foundation gave me the worst acne break out I have ever had in my entire life. I counted 83 little pus-filled pimples all over my face. I looked like a nasty little girl who doesn't know how to wash her face. I have never been so embarrassed to go outside of my home before. This product also made me extremely oily. My acne began to subside as soon as I quit using it but I was still left was a ton of scars all over my face. This product put my skin in the worst condition it has ever been in.

5 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/21/2012 10:51:00 PM More reviews by misszoolander

I brought this foundation after years of using cheap nasty stuff. First use I was very impressed, I have dry patches on my skin, and very oily t-zone, and it smoothed out all my blemishes, later on during the day however it can look a bit cakey (due to my dry combination skin) and my t-zone can look like an oil slick. Some days are fine! I love the coverage, and I love the feel of it on my face, very smooth and bendable. Even though it is not 100 percent perfect i do love this foundation, I'm a n20 in this, and the coverage is so good, teamed with mac sheer loose nc30 powder it is a winning combo! This foundation is on the pricey side (NZD $83) but I would dif invest in this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/21/2012 12:33:00 PM More reviews by Sarsonator

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love this stuff! I apply with the shiseido angled foundation brush and my skin looks amazing! It is a great match for my skintone. I am an nw15, and got this in B00. I need minimal concealer after using this. 3 drops is enough to cover my face, so it will last awhile! Be sure to shake it up before each use, and dot it on before blending with the brush. I love the tiny package. An ounce is an ounce, no matter what you put it in, and this takes up minimal space in my makeup bag. I haven't had problems with this oxidizing to anything unflattering. Will buy again!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/29/2012 6:29:00 AM More reviews by vikavi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Emphasizes pores and looks cakey. Back to my LM tinted moisturizer.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/24/2012 2:51:00 AM More reviews by ellem3

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I initially went to the Shiseido counter wanting to try the Sun Protection foundation and the SA recommended this based on my skin type (somewhat oily/combination). I was colour matched to O20 Natural Light Ochre which is probably a perfect winter colour for me. It matches the lighter skin on my neck and chest perfectly. I got a sample to road test it before committing $$$ (I live in Aus and everthing is stupidly exy here) and I'm glad I did.

The Good: Very easy to apply and even sheered out it covered beautifully - definately medium coverage and buildable over problem areas without looking cakey. You really do only need a tiny amount of this. I love the finish, a soft natural looking matte which doesn't come off looking powdery like some matte finishes can - Shiseido list this as a semi-matte finish. This went on a little light for my current level of post-summer tan but a little bronzer around my hairline, cheek hollows and under my jaw fixed that after I concealed and very lightly powdered to set it all as usual with a translucent powder. A little blush finished the look. Very natural and polished. I was impressed. After one hour I noticed that the foundation looked even less noticable than when I first put it on and I assumed that it was because it was settled now and had melted into my skin. Still impressed if somewhat deluded...

The Bad: After 2 hours it had oxidised to the point where I looked like I'd faked tanned my face and only my face. All hint of bronzer and blush were overpowered by orange - and while I find high end orange isn't as nasty looking as drugstore orange IMO, it was still more orange than I'd ever wear. After 3 hours I started looking... dewy (read oily). By then I thought what the hey, I'd do it in totally and see how it likes a little sweat and went to the gym. 40 mins later and where I had blotted my upper lip I now had a white lady moustache surrounded by an Ibiza orange tanned face.

The Verdict: I really loved this for the first hour - the finish is gorgeous and it feels so light on the skin. I felt like I wasn't wearing anything right up until I took off the big orange mess. So disappointed that my skin just isn't compatible with it and that it oxidised so quickly on me. Goes without saying that I won't be buying the full sized bottle.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 4/23/2012 7:38:00 AM More reviews by Whiteday

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really, really want to be able to use this makeup and maintain the appearance that it has when it first goes on. It's so blendable, has great coverage, a nice range of colours from which I found a perfect match, it does not clog my pores, and it has a very natural finish.

Ultimate downside: My skin is too oily to allow that to last. This product got very oily, very quickly. The good thing is, once it reaches a certain stage of oiliness, it kind of stays in an EXTREMELY dewy status instead of degrading into pure slick. Unfortunately, if I touch my face while it's like this, the cover comes away onto my fingers together with oil.

Like I said, I'd love to continue using this. I tried using compact powder in the morning and that helped a bit, but not enough.