December 17, 2014 | 1123 users online

Liquid - Shiseido - Perfect Refining Foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 11/30/2012 3:58:00 AM More reviews by dblou

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really didn't have any reason to buy this foundation because i already owned quite a few. It was one of those horrible urges! Anyways, this isn't probably the best foundation for combination/oily skin. It doesn't stay matte and needs loads of powdering during the day. Coverage is good but you really need to have well moisturized skin because it doesn't spread well on those dry areas and emphasizes them. All in all it's not very special foundation and i'm not buying another when i finish this one. The colour 100 is quite a good match for my light yellow toned skin although i orinally wanted O00. They just don't sell that colour in here.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/12/2012 5:21:00 AM More reviews by lovelyharmony

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this one after i gt the powder version. I got the O60 Thought this will be good for winter when my skin is more drier. I find it hard to blend on dry areas like my nose as it refuses to smooth out. If I blend too much (with either brush, sponge, hands,etc) my skin gets kind of flaky. Once it oxidises i find that its a bit too white for my skin colour. A bit disappointed with the product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2012 2:13:00 AM More reviews by womanwarrior

Shiseido makes some of the silkiest, most finely milled foundations out there. Perfect Refining Foundation is my favorite foundation right now. I always wished there was a less greasy, non-high SPF version of the sun foundation that comes in the turquoise bottle that looks like their sunscreen. Well, Perfect Refining Foundation is pretty close. It's very liquify and you need to shake the bottle and apply a little at a time. It provides pretty full coverage for such a runny product.

Like other reviewers, I found this oxidized a bit after a few hours. Then again, I got the I40 shade, which is slightly too peachy for my NC35-ish Asian skin. I might try O40 to see if that works better.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/15/2012 7:41:00 AM More reviews by loverlover1328

I have Asian skin with very yellow tones (especially on neck and chest), and I always buy fdtns which are super yellow because my face sometimes throws a bit of pink and I have to counteract that.
Enter Shiseido.
I was reluctant to try this fdtn because it is not oil free and for a person who was acne prone for years, that is a big no no.
Still, I had tried EL DW, Nude, and a bunch of others, and they simply didn't give me the colour I wanted. So I finally tried this and am so glad I did!

The colour is literally perfect, I wear O60 in summer. In this fdtn, O means ochre so yellow based, D = dark brown, W = warm so pinky toned, I = ivory (fair neutral) and B = beige (medium neutral)
The product is touted to erase skin roughness and I must say it smooths out the skin whilst at the same time making imperfections and blemishes disappear! Very natural finish. I don't have a problem with it oxidising, but in summer it does get a bit oily. I would not recommend that you add the matching powder to it, because I find that makes it worse. Add something like the MUFE HD powder after blotting. This is not best for oily skin.

Some reviewers have complained that the packaging is cheap looking - I LOVE IT. Its light, travel friendly, chic, simple. No chance of smashing it, the lid is secure and clicks into place, I don't have to worry about screwing it on too tight. Its a standard 30mL in a nice small bottle so it won't take up unneccessary room in your makeup bag! Overall I hope they don't change the packaging at all. *EDIT I will say that this fdtn requires shaking, and when you open the bottle (even upright) some of the fdtn will start coming out of the top. Slightly messy.

This is a relatively pricey fdtn AU$70 so I bought it off eBay! A little goes a long way but $70 is still excessive, even though its so fantastic!

More about me:
Asian normal skin - tending towards combination in summer
Was acne-prone for years
Foundation preference is to look as yellow as possible, absolutely nil pink
MAC NC-30, Shiseido O60, BeneFit Beige, Bobbi Brown #4, MUFE Sand/Desert
Sunscreen everyday - alternating between Sofina and Invisible Zinc

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 9/11/2012 7:17:00 PM More reviews by ThinMinti

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

i have two shades that I mix for when I tan and when I am lighter in the winter. This stuff dries out my skin so that I have to mix a bit of moisturizer in with it. Oh, and you can see this foundation on the skin-sort of cakey. Not when you mix it tho. Colours are nice and yellow based for my slightly olive skin. Nice bottle with a tiny squeezy that gives just the right amount. I have given up on finding a perfect foundation as I do not believe there is one out there. It is your skin that makes all the difference in how your skin looks.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2012 2:48:00 PM More reviews by hudrum

This is a great foundation, I think the shade I have is a little too dark for me and I will be exchanging. But for texture and coverage, I have been really impressed. It gives a matte finish and feels comfortable and light on the skin. Coverage is medium and it's highly pigmented, I just use a drop or two depending on how good my skin is.
It stayed put all day on my combination skin. I have to use primer, powder and blot through the day but that's the case for all foundations for me.

I like the packaging as it's easy to travel with and hygienic.

It is relatively expensive though, I'm not sure I love it enough to repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2012 12:19:00 PM More reviews by HRenfrewgrl

I would just like to say before I start my review, Shiseido is the only brand that carries a foundation that really matches my yellow skintone (020). Having said that, unfortunately this foundation oxidize on me and turned orange and a few shades darker within an hour! I was really sad because this foundation felt really nice and light on the skin while providing a good coverage.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/6/2012 4:41:00 PM More reviews by Ardybobardy

This is a good foundation, good coverage and colour for me. Stays put (especially if paired with a primer). The only down side with me is that it is very matte. I always have to pair it with some sort of illuminating product or highlighter otherwise my face looks almost flat (and I don't have a flat face) on the look out for something different but until then I am very happy to stick with my Shiseido B20. By the way, it lasts forever..... you need so little and the packing is very practical.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/31/2012 2:53:00 AM More reviews by bellsie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I like this foundation, it only works for me if I apply with a brush, otherwise it just seems to disappear. Coverage is surprisingly full, but with a really natural look. It doesn't last all day on me, but nothing ever does so I expect that. I think it's more of a winter make up for me as it does look better set with some powder. I love the bottle, it's tiny, unbreakable and dispenses a good amount of product. I I'll keep buying until I find something better. I paid $83 nzd, so not the cheapest.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2012 11:29:00 AM More reviews by luxlover79

I love this for its lightweight feel, non-oily texture upon application, natural finish & decent coverage. It feels & looks like I'm not wearing foundation. I guess the liquidy consistency contributes to that, it's not thick that tends to cake nor dry up the skin. My face felt so smooth! Staying power on my oily combination skin (without blotting) is 5 hours. But with powder touch ups, this does excellent job for me coz it doesn't dry up my undereye area & the fading is even. I don't end up with faded oily nose as the makeup wears off on that oily area. Packaging is very compact, very convenient to carry around. 'Will repurchase!