October 26, 2014 | 1583 users online

Shampoo - Dove - Nutritive Therapy Nourishing Oil Care Shampoo

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2012 2:19:00 PM More reviews by faceship

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I am on my second bottle of this shampoo, and I think I finally found something that tames my dry, frizzy, thick blond hair. It straightens so much easier now, or I can let it air dry and it looks nice and wavy, not frizzy. I use it with the Nutritive Therapy Nourishing Oil conditioner. I haven't had any oily skin problems, but I am not prone to that usually, my skin and hair are always so dry. My hair feels noticably softer than before. I normally only wash my hair every other day and my hair still looks fine after a couple of days.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/28/2012 8:20:00 AM More reviews by horatia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Makes my fine hair soft and shiny, and it smells great which lingers for a day or too. But it makes my sensitive scalp itch, broke me out on my forehead and my hair becomes oily really fast. I will keep it for the occasional good hair day, but wont repurchase or use frequently.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2012 5:01:00 PM More reviews by Baptista

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is nice d/s shampoo for people w drier hair or hair that isn't limp. It is really good shampoo at an excellent price - this is easily as good as many salon poos I've tried and is at minimum 1/4 of the price. I have fine 3a hair (very fluffy) that is also highlighted. I've toyed w c/o washing but I use a lot of styling product and can't quite get all the gunk out w c/o. Sulfate free also hasn't worked well - my hair tangles very easily and seems to end up more tangly w sulfate free poos. I like this bc it removes buildup from styling products, hasn't seemed to dry out my hair, and doesn't turn my hair into a snarly mess. I wouldn't go w/o a conditioner, but this is about the softest my hair has felt after using a d/s shampoo. I still need to sometimes clarify/chelate, but we have very hard water so I don't think it's the shampoo's fault. After I used this up I didn't initially repurchase bc I like to try new products, but I later purchased the matching conditioner (which is also a great value), and I'm now looking forward to buying this again and using them both together.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/29/2012 3:55:00 AM More reviews by superblooper

My hair was oily again after less than 24 hours! I have fine, stick straight hair and I bought the shampoo because I read such great reviews about the conditioner and I wanted to help my dry ends. I ended up returning both the shampoo and conditioner because they overwhelmed my hair and made it flat and greasy.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/17/2012 11:46:00 PM More reviews by asw37

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

After only using salon products for years I decided to go a bit cheaper and try Dove shampoo.

It's very creamy and seems quite moisturising. My hair is coloured and long and seems to appreciate the shampoo.

I haven't noticed any build up on my scalp, but I rinse with ACV and water 2x a week.

I would certainly buy again as $4 compared to $27 is a massive saving!!

EDIT- This gave my scalp too much trouble with flakes and itchiness and made my hair lank and dull. I gave up on it and would never bother again. It was a shame because I did really like it when I first started. But when you have large chunks of dry scalp falling off all the time, it's time to stop.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/2/2012 3:34:00 PM More reviews by Emily1994

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product is currently being sold at my local 99p shop, so naturally I snapped up a bottle. They sell all the different varieties of this shampoo but I chose this one because of the Argan oil in it. I read the ingredients in a shower and was suprised to find the oil near the top of the list, rather than at the bottom. I still expected a so so shampoo however, but when I used this I noticed a slight reduction in frizz. It was definately easier to straighten, but it's still not the answer to my prayers. I mainly get frizz at the back of my head underneath the top layers. Pretty much the only way to get rid of it is to put tonnes of serum on or just wait for my hair to get a bit greasy, which I won't go out like. I guess I'll have to carry on with the serum, but this shampoo will probably aid the frizz a little bit. I'd quite like to try the conditioner. My hair seems to go a little less thick and frizzy if I condition twice so maybe this stuff will be better than my John Frieda followed by Herbal Essences which seems to work the best.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2012 7:59:00 AM More reviews by preeti33

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is an amazing product considering the price. If this product fits your price range then you dont need to look any further. Its very moisturising for dry hair. It does soften the hair but doesnt do anything for the frizz.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/28/2012 1:18:00 PM More reviews by CyborgAnnie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I co wash with the conditioner, it brings my waves and spirals out 8)

rated 3 of 5 on 8/27/2012 4:28:00 AM More reviews by Ballentine

At first it made my hair very smooth and soft. I used it for about two months before my scalp started to itch. Some hair strands started to become wavy and coarse. And for some weird reason, it made my hair browner. But it smells like lemons, whose smell I love, and the packaging is okay too. The price is fine, but I wouldn't buy it again because it had positive to negative effects on my hair.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/25/2012 12:06:00 PM More reviews by chavelasaurus

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

you could tell even in the shower your hair is soft , I LOVE this product it makes my hair soft and a little easier to to manage. I would buy this again and my hair is also less frizzy. i would recomend this to anyone with wavy thick dry frizzy hair.