December 20, 2014 | 828 users online

Concealers - Rimmel - Match Perfection Concealer

rated 2 of 5 on 7/14/2014 7:13:00 AM More reviews by ctlnelizabeth

I got this on sale to try it~ it's alright. the concealer itself is good, it gives me nice coverage and blends into my skin however I find the packaging a nuisence. I have never been a fan of the brush applicator some concealers have. I this case I fin it useless and quite frankly detrimental in application/ use of this product. despite the positive things I could say about the concealer I wouldn't buy it again because of the package. I would much rather buy other rimmel products like their wake me up concealer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2014 11:46:00 PM More reviews by upinspace

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have the lightest shade and its just a tad too light for me, but gives a lovely barely there highlight.

I've found the concealer to last a nice amount of time and doesn't feel too heavy while still covering my blemishes and under eyes.

The packaging doesn't bother me.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2014 5:05:00 PM More reviews by IAMSHERLOCKED

I'm very, very pale and the lightest shade of this stuff suits me perfectly. The coverage is good and it comes with quite a but of product for the price. My ONLY gripe is that it has that stupid brush on the tip, which is unsanitary. I'm planning on getting some plyers and pulling out the bristles, maybe that will solve the issue.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2014 1:20:00 AM More reviews by hannahps

I like this concealer for concealing redness around the nose as well as any scarring. It's thick enough to cover without being cakey, and it blends well. My main problem is with the packaging - the brush tip doesn't really work. It would be better if it were just a squeeze tube, but the product is worth the less than ideal packaging. The tube lasts a long time as well, and it's less than $10.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2014 11:46:00 AM More reviews by bih80

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is just brilliant. I think I have found my favorite undereye drugstore concealer. It just brightens the eye area incredibly and doesn't bulge once it sets.

How I apply it:
I use the applicator to spread it around my undereye and eye area, then I go in with either my beauty blender or a brush and blend it in and it just blends perfectly well. I set it with some translucent powder.

For reference: I am a medium skin tone (NW25) and I selected the 125 Fair and it brightens the right amount to look awake and fresh.

This stuff literally lasts all day at work

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2014 4:13:00 AM More reviews by ggabon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I cant stop using this concealer. I agree with the prior posts, its more like a highlighter than a concealer and thats why I like it. I apply this over my MAC prolong concealer to add more of a highlight. Im also amazed on the amount you need. Alittle goes a long way. I am definitely purchasing this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2014 4:52:00 PM More reviews by emman95

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

i love love this product, i used up about 3 tubes of it and i am still going for more. This to me serves as a brightener and a highlighter more as a concealer. it gives a great glow to the high areas of the face and it is super easy to blend, i use my finger to do so. it is quite light and it doesn't feel like i have anything on or look cakey. i use the shade classic beige which is two shades lighter than my skin tone.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/30/2014 10:01:00 AM More reviews by sage4dylan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Pretty good stuff. I like the brush but it is hard to get out the right amount. Covers pretty good although i use it more to hilight than to conceal. i like convience so that helps with this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/29/2014 11:45:00 AM More reviews by chrissie69

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

Me, a gal always trying to hide dark circles!!! I have a wide assortment of products to enable me to accomplish this task. I keep this Rimmel concealer in my workout bag for quick post-workout application.
PROS: good amount of pigment, rich consistency, not drying, good color for my fair skin, incredibly reasonable price, plastic squeeze tube, and reasonable lasting power.
CONS: it's difficult to dispense right amount of product , the brush applicator is stiff and probably not hygienic.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/20/2014 10:02:00 AM More reviews by Pukyte

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am using this concealer for about two years. There are good and bad sides.

This was my last hope, since the choices in my homeland (Turkey) were quite limited. Most of them got wrong texture (sticks, creams - cakey!), wrong color (mainly orange, pink, dark tones), and irritating ingredients (perfume) or germs harboring lipgloss type of package (gross!).

My skin is very pale and a color İvory matches it very well. This was main reason why I am still using this concealer. I can't remember how many times I ended up with oxidated orange mask under my eyes, so I felt relieved there is actually a concealer which matches my skin tone.

Another advantage is it doesn't irritate my super sensitive skin.

The texture is OK, its buildable but not pigmented enough. It's impossible to have a full coverage with it. Impossible, no matter how much you apply.

This is more a highlighter than a concealer. It doesn't cover my purple under -eye circles just make them brighter.

The package is unhygienic unless you cut the brush. Applying the concealer with a brush will put you at risk for infections.

I find this concealer affordable but it finishes very fast if you use it daily. It may not be cost-effective buy.

If skin under eyes is dry and flaky, the concealer will only emphasize these flaws. It will look very dry and cakey and building up more concealer on top not only will not fix this, but will make worse. My advice, if your eyelids are dry or if you are using tretinoin, this concealer will be a big disappointment.

If you have the dark circles under eyes, don't waste your money on this. It won't cover much. Also it is unsuitable for blemishes, looks cakey. It may be Ok for covering reddness, but if skin is scaly, forget about it.

This concealer will be fine:

1. If your under eye circles are not an issue. You need to brighten under eye area and some light coverage.
2. Your skin is normal to oily (it leaves matte finish).
3. You don't mind limited color selection. If you are fair, you may like İvory shade.
4. You don't want to pay too much money for a concealer.

This concealer is NOT for you:

1. Very dry, flaky skin. I warn you, it will look bad, very bad.
2. Want some coverage. It's a bit better than tinted moisturizer, but just that.
3. Don't like the package (but you still can get rid of brush).
4. Want something that lasts all day.

Will I buy this concealer again? I am not sure, I am looking for something that isn't drying and has a better coverage.
Wish me good luck.