Dove Nourishing Oil Care Conditioner

4.3

Water (Aqua) , Cetearyl Alcohol , Dimethicone , Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine , Hydrogenated Coconut Oil , Behentrimonium Chloride , Fragrance (Parfum) , Mineral Oil , Lactic Acid , Dipropylene Glycol , Amodimethicone , Potassium Chloride , Disodium EDTA , Gluconolactone , Trehalose , Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis Oil (Sweet Almond) , DMDM Hydantoin , PEG-150 Distearate , PEG-7 Propylheptyl Ether , Cetrimonium Chloride , Adipic Acid , Sodium Sulfate , Methylchloroisothiazolinone , Methylisothiazolinone , Yellow 5 (CI 19140) , Red 33 (CI 17200) , Blue 1 (CI 42090)

on 3/21/2013 12:49:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I really like this conditioner by Dove and I'm really happy I tried it. I had shied away from using Dove hair care for a long time because I always knew them as a brand that specialized in skin care and so they couldn't possibly make excellent hair care product too! But they do. I use this conditioner whenever I feel like my hair is looking a bit dull because it definitely makes my hair shine. This gives my hair nice moisture but not a whole lot- it definitely would not replace a conditioning mask. I use this mostly for shine as opposed to moisture. It is a really good conditioner and I have repurchased it and plan to again.

on 3/17/2013 8:42:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I just hated this stuff. My hair was dull and unruly the whole time I was using it. It felt almost like it left a waxy film in my hair. It was slightly better than using no conditioner at all, and it's paraben free, which is why I gave it 2 stars instead of 1. I didn't use it with the matching shampoo, so maybe that's why it worked so poorly for me. May hair is dyed but minimally damaged and flat ironed regularly. So I'm still on the hunt for a better conditioner.

on 2/22/2013 8:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I don't really like this product.

During the first couple of days I loved it, cause it made my hair so soft and silky but after that my hair kept getting more dry than before! I stopped using it after a month and a half and went back to my tresseme conditioner and it made much better results than this dove conditioner.

I would not buy this again.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

AMAZING. I discovered this conditioner thanks to reviews on here and I'm in love. I used to only buy high end conditioners and got frustrated when Redken reformulated their conditioners recently. I checked MUA and saw the amazing reviews for this. I would have never tried Dove hair products because I have always associated them with body wash. However this conditioner has changed my hair. My hair was dry and looked horribly damaged with other conditioners. I cant believe it only took $5 to restore my hair and to give it health. It makes my hair look healthy after almost a year of dry, rough hair. It makes my hair soft and makes \it smell incredible. If you are a fan of Dove's signature scent you will love this. I will definitely repurchase. HG <3

UPDATE: They changed the formula. Almond oil is now replaced by Argan oil. Unfortunately the new formula is not as good as the old. It makes my hair soft but still frizzy. :(

on 2/3/2013 11:42:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This is a nice rich conditioner. Compared to other drugstore conditioners it lasts much longer and moisturizer well enough. I

on 1/29/2013 6:44:00 AM

Good conditioner for my fine, wavy hair. Smooths, detangles, and moisturizes but doesn't weigh it down. I hated the original moisturizing shampoo so was afraid to try the conditioner but I'm glad I did. Already repurchased.

on 1/28/2013 10:07:00 AM

Nice conditioner if you are on a budget. Leaves hair soft and detangled. But for some reason I just cannot tolerate its smell, which is the same smell of most "original" Dove products and lingers on hair ALL day long. I ended up getting rid of my half full bottle. But if you have dry hair and like the typical "Dove smell" this conditioner is for you!

on 1/24/2013 6:01:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

I am really on the fence about this product, which I tried with great anticipation after reading the glowing reviews here. It worked wonderfully to make my fine, curly and shoulder-length hair soft and shiny without weighing it down. But I CANNOT STAND the smell! It's that super-corporate, Unilever-brewed chemical fake-floral smell. Just...cheap and loud (not being a brand snob here--some very expensive products are equally obnoxious, of course). And unfortunately still very much evident, almost 24 hours after using it. What a disappointment. The bottle's too heavy to swap so I'll probably give it away. ): Or if I decide to keep it, will have to mix it with a few drops of MoroccanOil or something to try and mask the scent, though that might just make matters worse...
If you don't care about smell though, or happen to take to this one, Dove Nourishing Oil Care is a great if chemical-laden conditioner.

on 1/19/2013 6:06:00 PM

I only used this once last night so it may be too soon to write a review, but I was just so impressed with this conditioner that I felt compelled to say something. It's a very thick conditioner that smells like something you would get from a box of hair dye (everyone knows box dyes have the best conditioners!). Once my hair was blown dry, I was very glad to see how shiny and silky my hair was. There are other conditioners that leave my hair softer than this, but I like this best because it doesn't weigh my hair down. I will definitely continue to use this and update my review with my afterthoughts in a couple of weeks from now.

on 1/4/2013 3:47:00 PM

I have thick hair down to my butt, I also moved to Colorado from upstarted Ny 80% humidity to a desert that can reach 105F. Using the shampoo and conditioner together keeps my hair moist and healthy looking. I have less splitting and a lot of volume. I would recommend this for anyone having issues with dry brittle hair, I usually put oil in my hair but I don't have to as much with this product. This is great for others who live in a climate like mine, I love it and have not found anything better.