Organix Ever Straight Brazilian Keratin Therapy

3.2

DI water (aqua), disodium laureth sulfosuccinate, sodium C14-16 olefin sulfonate, cocamidopropyl betaine, cocoamidopropyl hydroxysultaine, dimethicone copolyol, cocamide DEA, glycol distearate, hydrolyzed keratin, theobroma cacao seed (cocoa) butter, parfum, cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, persea gratissima (avocado) oil, aloe barbadensis (aloe) leaf extract, panthenol, polyquaternium 11, DMDM hydantoin, cetyl alcohol, guar hydroxypropyltrimonium chloride, PEG-23M, CI 42090 (blue 1), CI 16035

on 7/24/2012 5:58:00 PM

If I could give this no stars, I absolutely would. Not only because the treatment did not work, but because customer service at Organix was honestly the worst I have ever experienced (and that is truly saying something).

I followed the directions word for word, carefully, and using the products they ask to use (a hot straightening iron). After having to spend close to 3 hours on my hair, followed by an awful 48 hours of greasy, smelly hair, I honestly saw NO RESULTS. I was hoping for anything - anything for me to feel like paying $15 was worth it, but honestly I should have just thrown my money in the trash can.

I then followed up with an email to Organix to see what they could offer - advice, insight, or a refund, but was offered instead - the worst customer service ever... After sending an initial inquiry email it took two weeks for any response in which they scolded me for not following directions. Seriously - if I didn't follow directions - why would I be complaining about an ineffective product? When I responded to that email, it then took 3 weeks for another response with this:

"I apologize but we do not offer a money back guarantee."

No greeting, no name, no nothing. I am hoping to be in touch with a supervisor or manager but after the service I have seen, I'm not expecting it. If I could report this company to somewhere I absolutely would. Any ideas?

So I guess the bottom line is, If you are prepared to waste $15, sore arms, and loads of time on this terrible product, then be my guest - go for it. For all those who are still thinking about it - I just suggest waiting for an online deal where you can go to a professional hair stylist (I just found a deal for $79) and actually see results.

Sincerely,
$15 out of pocket

on 7/19/2012 2:08:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

My hair is wavy by nature and I do get some frizz. I tried this shampoo because it was recommended to me. I love the smell! It's not floral like other shampoos and almost has a cocoa scent to it. My hair is definitely less frizzy, but it doesn't work as well as so many reviewers have said it does.

on 7/11/2012 8:17:00 PM

This stuff smellls sooooooo good! It makes my hair very soft and moisturized. It doesn't really help it to be more straight:/ I wasn't really expecting that much of it a shampoo, anyways.

on 7/7/2012 12:09:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Very expensive and very drying on my hair! I thought it would work miracles but it did completely the opposite. Never buying this again, the only good thing was that it smelled lovely. I'm getting the Cocoa Keratin daily shampoo instead, it's got better reviews and it uses argan oil. I can't believe I chose Organix over Cocoa >:(

I really thought this was going to be a great product because it smells sooo soo good and it was expensive. I needed a really good shampoo because my hair needed it. This was a mistake it made my hair look more frizzy than before. I can't even brush it without ripping out hair. I will never buy this product again. The only good thing about it is that it smells wonderful, but I am sure I can find a shampoo/conditioner set that smells the same or close to it.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I found this shampoo to be extremely drying in my hair. That's not what I expect shampoo to do. It's supposed to be nourishing and hydrating and, in this shampoo's case, it's supposed to contribute to straightening the tresses. All of these claims were false and actually quite disappointing. The only positive aspect of this shampoo is the lovely coconut scent and the fact that it's cruelty-free. Unfortunately, that's not enough to get me to repurchase. I'd also like to point out that the Organix shampoos & conditioners contain many ingredients that are not "natural" or "organic" at all.

on 6/16/2012 1:01:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Love this Shampoo and the Conditioner for the following reasons:-
1. Smells lovely (coconut)
2. Leaves my long hair feeling clean
3. Leaves my hair feeling smooth and manageable
4. Doesn't make my hair fly-a-way
5. Great shampoo at a good price

My only gripe with is with the conditioner bottle. As you start to use it up squeezing the conditioner out can be quite difficult because it is quite thick ... either than or I'm lacking in upper body strength. Keep the bottle tipped upside and its easy though!!

I was fed up with Pantene making my hair fly-away and stripping my colour out. This is brilliant. Love it x

on 6/6/2012 9:25:00 PM

I tried this product for a month and I hate it. It left my hair completely unmanageable after the shampoo and conditioner of the same brand and line. I have thick, coarse hair and it made my hair so much harder to blowdry straight and gave me flyaways galore. I threw this out after a month. RIP shampoo.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I just finished writing my review for the matching conditioner which I purchased first and used a few times before getting the shampoo. I think the two work together because the conditioner by itself didn't do a whole lot but when mixed with the shampoo I'm pretty impressed. My naturally curly hair is highlight-damaged and I need protein to keep the curl pattern somewhat normal. I used the conditioner as a deep treatment and it did pretty good for something I paid less than $10 for. It's not Tigi's Dumb Blonde or Ouidad's Deep Treatment but if you're tight on cash like I was it's a godsend among shampoos and conditioners that are loaded with silicone. I love the smell of this shampoo and it does a good job cleansing without stripping my hair or scalp, nor have I had issues with scalp itch like I have with Garnier, the reformulated new Pantene (awful!) or Suave shampoo. It's not as moisturizing as Shea Moisture shampoos which I adore but right now I need the protein boost. Since this is not a product meant specifically for color treated or damaged hair you don't get enough slip in it and need not only the matching conditioner but also a dab of something else like Shea Moisture or Suave but I'm satisfied with my purchase so far.

on 5/19/2012 10:45:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

This has got to be one of my favorite shampoos on the market aside from the Keratin Juvexin. My hair is past my waistline and is naturally wavy, almost curly, and it's very hit or miss when I decide to air dry it. However, when I use this shampoo along with the coconut milk conditioner there is a huuuuuge difference in my hair's texture. When I air dry it now I don't have to add anything else, no frizz serum, no leave-in, etc. I end up with really soft beachy waves. Now when I flat-iron my hair, it becomes so smooth that everyone thinks I got it rebonded. This shampoo and conditioner definitely saved me the trouble and cost of having to get that done, after all when your hair is over 2 feet long it would take forever and cost a sh*tload. I think $8 a pop is definitely worth it and I will definitely be buying this line again..