October 26, 2014 | 917 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Studio Careblend

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2012 4:50:00 PM More reviews by Endit

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

The previous MAC powder I tried was Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder and it was a small failure as it was too matte and felt like I had to use a lot to set things. I decided to try Careblend since it's MAC's newest powder, it claims to have a unique silky feel and finish (not powdery at all), it has ingredients that are good for skin in it, and it's what they recommend for dry skin.

PROS: Definitely takes away any product feeling and sets foundation. Not much coverage (pro in my opinion). The included sponge is good material.

CONS: The unique feel is nothing super special IMO. It's there and it's not bad, but it's not just not so worthy of mentioning. Also, while the powder feels smooth in the pan, if I run my finger along it and pull back, I can see little grains so it's not THAT finely milled. And while I appreciate the oils and hydrating ingredients, do they have any actual benefits in real life? I don't think so. Still a talc based powder that can leave the skin dry eventually. Another thing is that this powder can run out quickly. The silkyness can encourage waste since it can look/feel like you've used less than you actually have.

OTHER: Just like P&PTFP, MAC also labels Careblend "semi matte", but since it was different and for dry skin, I thought it would better. Nope. It looks fine/nice/ok you lightly apply it, but when I set my foundation ~to last~ that means packing on a lot of powder with a puff. Not overdoing it, but enough to get a good layer of product down so nothing moves for a long time. When doing that, this is much too matte/unreal looking for my tastes. NC15 is ok but it looks a bit orange in the pan.

OVERALL: I don't see what the hype is about. I almost feel like buying it again though because it got such high ratings, I want to make it work or see what everybody else sees.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/1/2012 12:19:00 PM More reviews by DSmith55

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Great product and it lasts for months. It provides just enough coverage and it doesn't change the colour of my foundation.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/28/2012 5:23:00 AM More reviews by sophlizz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

When i got my first MAC foundation, i asked the makeup artist if she knew a powder i could buy just to set my foundation & she gave me this one to buy. I've just run out of it & i've got to say it's nothing special. Yes, it does it's job, but i can't wait to purchase the Mineralize Skinfinish Natural because i've heard many more great things about that powder, now that i've finished my Careblend Pressed Powder. I don't really recommend it, as i would just buy the MSF Natural.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/13/2012 9:28:00 AM More reviews by nlakhani

I bought this product a few weeks ago and came out in a really bad break out. I had developed small red bumps on my face from this product! I have sent it back to MAC to get a refund.
On the plus side, it did provide an amazing coverage and lasted all day without touchups.
Im just confused why I got such a break out. Has anyone else experienced this? Please let me know.

update: i discovered i am allergic to talc therefore explained the break out..however mac has such a huge great range for everyone, i discovered mac blot powder which is amazing so if you find careblend doesnt work for you, go for blot powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2012 10:31:00 AM More reviews by 12354

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I use this everyday for school and I think it's just magical! When I pat it on to my skin it basically melts into my skin and it's finish is just gorgeously dewy and natural. It also has a bit of color and offers a slight coverage whenever I apply it with the puff, but most of the time I just use a blush brush to my tzone or for setting my concealer. It's perfect for those who doesn't have oily skin and doesn't need that much coverage, perfect for everyday use because it has a lot of "mineral" oils according to mac that provides the skin care and nourishment which I love! + I love the smell! The only thing that I don't like in this product is its packaging because the tiny puff doesn't have a compact case unlike the Studio Fix.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2012 4:35:00 PM More reviews by gracymacy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

perfect for setting foundations or matting down a moisturizer. i like that i still leaves a natural shine and is not completely matte. it never leaves my skin looking dry or flakey like some powders. and another perk is that this has a mirror unlike MSF (which i have not tried yet). i would most likely repurchase this of try mac's MSF. but definitely a great and reliable product

rated 3 of 5 on 5/29/2012 3:48:00 PM More reviews by sweettalk1994

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I h8 powders,but this 1 is ok its a sheer coverage. I wear this on the days i dont wanna wear foundation just 2 give me a kind of natural look + i spritz fix + right after this powder 2 give me a lovely dewy finish! My shade in this powder is light plus. I h8 the puff that comes with this powder its just a waste of space and crap lol.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/25/2012 10:55:00 PM More reviews by mlynde82

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I spent quite a bit of money on this powder, so I guess my expectations were just too high. I felt like this powder looked so artificial and "made up" when I wore it. When I use the puff, it reminds me of my old high school days using Cover Girl pressed powder (before I knew anything about makeup)... using a brush, it goes on kind of streaky over foundation.

It's not horrible, but for the price I was expecting something magical... I won't purchase again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2012 12:12:00 PM More reviews by enydonus

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

The finish is nice, natural. It is initially soothing on the skin. Controls oil fairly well without looking chalky or masklike. I enjoyed wearing this over my primer and concealer during the day. Unfortunately, after a few hours my skin started itching, burning, and little red spots became visible all over. Tried it out for 4 days, 8-14 hours each. I must be sensitive to something in this powder, one lippy deducted. My skin is ridiculously reactive. If this works for you, go for it. It's a beautiful powder. Could have been HG.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/11/2012 1:43:00 PM More reviews by MartiniSmiles

My MAC shade is NW20 and I bought the medium-plus shade. This is a good setting powder over foundation and is great during the summer time. It helps mattify my face and doesn't look obvious that I'm wearing powder but I don't think its anything too special since I'd be able to get something equivalent to this from the drugstore and spend less money. I've hit pan but will not be repurchasing it again.