September 23, 2014 | 1407 users online

Eyes - Wet 'n' Wild - Color Icon Brow & Eyeliner

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2012 6:39:00 PM More reviews by Endit

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

(Update July 21, 2012. I now have Dark Brown color as well so can compare it.)

I use Maybelline Define A Brow in Dark Brown for my brows, but saw these Color Icon pencils for 99c and it was too good a deal to pass up - could a 99c product replace it? If it doesn't work, it only cost 99c! I have this in Mink Brown and Dark Brown.

PROS: Both colors I have are PERFECT for my dark brown/black brows. I have dark brown hair, but my brows almost look black. I don't use black though since that would be too harsh. Mink Brown is simply a blackened brown. There is ZERO red in it, but it doesn't look like it has a grey undertone either. Neutral?... I can't detect an undertone, it's just like black + brown mixed. Dark Brown is a tiny bit lighter and red based. It's more "obvious" brown looking whereas Mink Brown is almost black. I started with Mink Brown and while it worked good, it was easy to overdo. Dark Brown is a little more forgiving. I really could use either one, they are both so good. I can see Mink Brown being great for those with black brows too. 0.004oz may not sound like much but pencil has lasted me MONTHS. It sharpens pretty well, I don't lose much of anything. And it's only 99cents!

CONS: Comes off SUPER easily. When I use this for my brows, that means no touching them AT ALL. Even lightly touching the area removes it, it's not like you have to apply pressure or rub. I do my eyebrows last because it even gets on my powder puffs when I'm setting foundation. So I have no idea how this would work as eyeliner. Maybe you could try clear mascara over it to set it for brows but I can't be bothered lol. The texture is also a little too soft for brows, you get a lot of color quickly since you don't need to apply much pressure.

OTHER: Because it comes off easily, this also means you can finger blend it out or remove extra easy, something I can't do with the Maybelline. So in that respect, it's kinda like eyeshadow... dump pigment then blend to soften. I bet you could use this with a brush but like above, I can't be bothered for that either so I haven't tried.

OVERALL: If you do your brows, you MUST try Color Icon pencils. It's only 99 cents, and I can live with the easy transfer, because who really touches their brows that often I also reviewed the 99c Wet N Wild Dual Sharpener that goes along with them.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/1/2012 2:02:00 AM More reviews by moody2like2me2bc

I bought this eyeliner and loved it! I have brown eyes so it realy made them POP ;) the only thing about it is that it smudges sometimes.I suggest not the kind of brand if your eyes tear up easily.Overall its realy good the price is awesome and depending on your eye color it will make them say 'LOOK AT ME!'

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2011 8:25:00 PM More reviews by VegetaFanGirl

These eyeliners are bad. They have an extremely waxy formula, which tugs and pulls on your eyelids when you try to put them on. I have the one in Black- it has okay color, but as aforementioned, it is very waxy. It does stay on for a few hours, but does have a tendency to rub off and doesn't stay on the waterline. It also breaks when you sharpen it. There is a ton of product that comes with these liners- each one is like a foot long!! But that's also a downside because I can never get too close to the mirror to see what I'm doing because this eyeliner is in the way. For 97 cents, I guess you get what you pay for.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/22/2011 11:50:00 AM More reviews by 777designz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Green

I bought the purple on a whim since they were on sale for 69 cents. It's eyeliners like this why I stick to gel liners. I keep going over my eyelid again and again and barely any color shows up. I can't even get a complete line because it keeps skipping and tugging on my skin. The texture is just way too hard and dry. I was able to get decent color on my hand by pushing really hard and going back and forth multiple times, but I'm not going to do that on my eye. I'm pretty sure it's not because it's old because they sold out when they first went on sale a couple weeks ago and just got a new shipment. I'm really hoping I got a bad batch and they didn't change the formula since most people seem to love these. One thing I do like is they are very easy to smudge. I'm always looking for a good liner to do a nice smoky look with so I might get a dark color and use it just for smoky eyes. The color doesn't last though and definitely isn't waterproof. I wouldn't recommend this product, even at under a buck.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2011 10:10:00 PM More reviews by admilly101

LOVE this in black. Its soooooo creamy and just glides right on. Usually I HATE pencil because I have to do a lot of tugging and my lines are never precise. Well, lets just say these little $1 pencils are the exception to that eye pencil stereotype :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2011 8:20:00 PM More reviews by Yashuragi

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

My old Annabelle brow pencil broke and I desperately needed a replacement. I bought this pencil (in Dark Brown) because they were the cheapest ones at Walmart. Boy, I'm so impressed! This completely beat out my old Annabelle brow pencil! Its creamy and super pigmented. I have to use a very light hand or I'll end up over-shading my brows. It stays on the whole day without fading. Its twice the size of a normal pencil, it'll probably take me forever to use this up. I haven't used it on my eyes, so I don't know if it makes a good eyeliner. But for sure, this makes an excellent brow pencil!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2011 4:19:00 PM More reviews by shoewhore

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I had been on the search for a bright purple eyeliner that was NOT 1). expensive, & 2). hard as a rock. When I came across this eyeliner, I figured for 99 cents, it would be worth a try. SO GLAD I tried it! I am in love with this eyeliner! It is truly a bright purple & it goes on like a dream! I will buy this again & again. I would highly recommend it to anyone.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/3/2011 1:08:00 AM More reviews by NQseraphina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I use this for tightlining my upper lash line. It does its job nicely, but it is definitely not intended to be long-lasting. (I do not line neither top nor bottom waterline... this will NOT stay put there!! Not long-wearing enough and WILL smear, haha) Creamy enough to not tug at your eyes when applying, but not so soft that it crumbles into bits along your lash roots when applying near your lash line. You get quite a bit of product as the pencil is fairly long. Kind of a pain because you have to sharpen it, but just take your time with it, and it's not too soft to sharpen. Decent pigmentation (takes 2-3 swipes to get full intensity of its color and is not as pitch-black as Milani's Liquif'Eye Metallic Eyeliner Pencil or Urban Decay's 24/7 pencils). All in all, GOOD for its cheap, cheap, CHEAP price tag of 99 cents. :) I would recommend this, especially for younger girls who are just starting out with makeup.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2011 6:14:00 PM More reviews by chimama

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This review is for the Coloricon eyeliner in olive. This is my first Wet n Wild eyeliner purchase and I am liking it. The pigment is good and it doesn't skip or ball up when applying. I just threw away a Rimmel kohl liner that did that. It felt very waxy.This eyeliner is just soft enough to go on smooth. I smudge my eyeliner and haven't experienced any problems with it wearing off. There is no animal testing on this product either.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2011 9:34:00 AM More reviews by Christinaann5

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

WOW!! I have to say these are def improved and an excellent liner to own! So if you have tried them before when they were the basic kohl liners or pencils- def give the COLORICON Eyeliner Pencils a try bc they are soft & such a good deal!
=PRICE/AVAILABILITY=
The WetnWild Coloricon Eye & Brow Pencils have been released and updated from their former kohl liners so dont think they are anything like their previous liners- The Coloricon pencils can be found wherever your WNW products are sold. Typically found in Rite Aid, Walgreens, CVS and some Walmart stores. The shade selection will vary as well as availability. The best thing about this pencil is the price- these liners will only cost you $1!!! even less if you get them on sale!! oh yea!
=SHADE/FORMULA/PERFORMANCE=
The WNW Coloricon pencils are a great pencil liner. The formula is pigmented, smooth, soft but yet stays put. The color selection is amazing- us drugstore makeup girls finally can buy soft & colorful or neutral pencil liners. There are 11 different shades to pick from. The shades are:
Black (a true dark black), Black Brown (a dark blackened brown), Charcoal (a deep charcoal gray), Mink Brown (a gray brown), Bronzed (a true metallic bronze brown), Deep Blue (a deep navy blue), Olive (a true olive), Green (cool toned blue green), Turquoise (a bright vivid turquoise), Purple (a true purple), Amethyst (metallic silver purple), White (a true matte white)
So everyone can found their basics or a nice pop of color. I love every single one of them! These glide on the lash lines w/ ease w/out any pulling or tugging, they are soft but not too soft where they instantly smudge but do allow a little bit of time to smudge if wanted. These set within the minute. I love wearing these on both water line & lash lines. On the water line, these will end up fading after a few hours but for being $1- they last long, even longer than some more expensive liners ive tried. I highly suggests using a primer of some sort on the eye area where you will be placing your liner that way these will wear extremely long. I dont have oily lids so that will factor in to wear time but for me- I always prime & use shadow to top my liners for the most part- so these liners will last at least 6-7 hrs before any fading will occur. If you do find them to smear or fade- use primer & use a shadow or powder to "set" them since oils will break any eye product down. The colors are beautiful!! I have a liner for all my looks, no matter what i want to go for!
=PACKAGING=
The WnW Coloricon Pencil liners are your standard wooden pencils. The color of the pencil is reflective of the color of the actual liner so this makes it easy to find in a big liner collection. The pencils have to be sharpened but they fit in any pencil sharpener. The sharpen easily w/out the tip breaking off or any wood flecks. Their is logo/labeling in silver metallic writing. the shade name is located in the middle of the liner. Whats great about these liners are they are longer than most pencil liners- they're super long so they will last forever!! Some though may find it bothersome to use when they are long. I dont mind it- I havent made it thru one of the liners the whole way yet so i cannot tell you if the liner runs the whole way thru. Id say it does. I can say i love these liners & im typically a mechanical pencil user since they are easier but these liners are a must have!! I have bought all the colors since ive enjoyed every one! Whats nice is you can sharpen them to a point if needed or use them once they're not so sharp. You can get any look w/ them!
Overall, the Wet-n-Wild Coloricon Pencils are a great addition my eyeliner collection & i find that almost everyday- im reaching for one of them esp the white one- i love using the white one on my water line since it opens up my eyes! But i also love the purples & blues & greens, hehe & browns- just really love em all! I love all of them & def will repurchase them all if i ever get thru them! :)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No