October 22, 2014 | 1262 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Naturals - Purifying Facial Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2013 1:56:00 PM More reviews by whereismymind59

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Im surprised at how much I like this cleanser! I usually use higher end cleansers, but I have been trying to save some money so I got this hoping it would do the job. And it really does!

I use a makeup remover to remove all my makeup first, and then I use this. It foams up nicely, and leave my skin just feeling clean...never oily, or tight, just normal. Which is great! I read the ingredients on the back, and the willow bark in it is basically salycilic acid, so this ensures you get no breakouts!

This obviously isnt a organic product, but I think what they are going for with this whole 'naturals' thing is just simplifying the ingredients. There are still preservatives, which are needed so the product doesnt expire fast, and there are synthetic ingredients. But there are less than in comparison to usual drugstore cleanser ingredients.

For the price, no drug store product will ever be able to be completely natural, or get USDA certified organic.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/26/2013 11:05:00 PM More reviews by annekaiser

I was expecting a lot more from this claiming to be "natural" product. The burning sensation I experienced during and after use hinted to me that the 10% unnaturaly derived ingredients the back doesn't list are very harsh. I used a wash rag to open my pores, washed my face, and got in the shower. Throughout my shower and around an hour after I was experiencing a burning sensation and that uncimfortable tightness which ussually leads to, you guessed it, dryness. I have normal skin that is very sensitive to the products I use and this cleanser made me incredibly dry. Not only was my face burning after my shower it was bright red. I would not recommend this product, I wish I would've read the fine print to realize this isn't 100% natural.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/26/2013 1:56:00 AM More reviews by PorpitaPorpita

I have acne-prone, combination skin - dry patches around my chin and jawline and oily cheeks and T-zone. This is the first cleanser that hasn't left my skin feeling pinched, dry, or irritated. It doesn't help with my acne. However, I don't hold that against this cleanser because all the other cleansers I've tried have dried out, irritated, and burned my skin, and none of those helped with my acne, either. If you have sensitive or dry skin that isn't acne-prone, I recommend this. It didn't dry out or irritate my skin, so it might help you, too.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/17/2013 11:57:00 PM More reviews by dash1987

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have been using this cleanser for a few months. I was attracted to the "naturals" part of the cleanser and the information Neutrogena provides on the back which tells you where they sourced the ingredients. I think thats a really positive idea that more brands should follow. I have large(r) pores and blackheads on my t-zone so I need salicylic acid in my routine. This cleanser sources its salicylic acid from willow bark which is great but they do not provide the percentage. I have found this cleanser may be a bit too strong, it makes my skin red and tight. This may be over stripping my combination skin and causing my t-zone to stay or get oiler. I also continue to get pimples along my jawline.
I have since read that using a cleanser with salicylic acid is a waste because it mostly ends up being washed off and down the drain. So my next purchase will be something gentler and my salicylic acid will come from a stay-on treatment.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2013 2:54:00 AM More reviews by daphneleigh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have found this cleanser to be fantastic. It replaced Murad's Pomegranate Cleanser. My skin does react well to salicylic acid, often breaking me out even more. The Murad cleanser got to the point where it was just -okay-, and my skin just looked dull. This has been an amazing replacement for my skin -- no reactions at all, and when I've walked in at night my partner has raised his eyebrows and told me my skin was glowing it was so bright. I have had about three very small pimples since using this for over two months, and they've gone away quite quickly. Usually I use this at night (Boscia Black Detoxifying Cleanser in the morning), sometimes in the morning as well, and I have really enjoyed using this. It leaves my skin feeling fresh, clean, and soft, and I am really happy with it. Given the price, I'd definitely say go for it!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2013 12:13:00 AM More reviews by tracy813

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this face wash. I have been looking for one that can effectively clear out my pores and this is it. It took a couple of washes for my skin to adjust because it is pretty harsh compared to my last face wash but it was SOOOO worth it. The only down side so far is how drying it is. When using this product you have to be sure to completely rinse it off and use a good moisturizer after.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2013 11:20:00 PM More reviews by Berrymuffin

This is honestly the best cleanser I've ever tried. I use it wish a wash cloth and it makes my pores almost non existent. Lasts a while I've had the same bottle since April and barely over halfway done(I use it morning and night)

rated 2 of 5 on 8/4/2013 4:21:00 AM More reviews by kimisawa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I was attracted to this product by its packaging and pump dispenser, since I was looking for a face wash that also removed make up. Its claims that it was 'natural' was also a major selling point for me.

Whilst the make up remover does effectively remove my daily make up, even the water/smudge-proof eyeliner and mascara, it stings my eyes and leaves my skin feeling really tight and dry - not a good feeling. This is even though I have oily, pimple prone skin and usually appreciate feeling good and squeaky clean after a full day. I would suggest using only a little pea-sized amount of product, and tonnes of water to rinse off after.

Not too sure about the product's natural claim either. It might be natural, but it sure aint gentle. I doubt I will finish using the bottle that I purchased, much less repurchase when done.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/12/2013 10:01:00 AM More reviews by vanessa4thewin

So this cleanser is supposed to be 'natural'. But it made my face sting while washing my face :( if it wasn't natural, i wonder how much it's going to be worse. After i wash it off and dry with a towel, the stinging is gone but it's too hard to bare it while washing t face.. I had to waste my $10 and buy a new one. And after using this for about 3 days it probably didn't clean my face deep down. I was left with a a lot of blemishes and redness! It's probably good for other people but for me this was horrible. Never buying this again ofcourse! And now i'm kinda scared to use Neutrogena products now :(

rated 4 of 5 on 3/15/2013 3:10:00 PM More reviews by mystyx

I have been looking for a good cleanser for a while & this ticks all my boxes. It removes make up, lathers well & has a nice scent. Leaves my face feeling squeaky clean, soft, & not over dry. Will be repurchasing!