Neutrogena Naturals - Purifying Facial Cleanser

2.9

Water, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Decyl Glucoside, Glycerin, Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine, Sodium Lauryl Sulfoacetate, Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Sodium Benzoate, Fragrance

on 2/21/2014 11:02:00 PM

I found this product effective in removing the makeup I use. I use tinted moisturizer and washable mascara. It does not remove waterproof mascara. My skin feels clean but not dry after use. I really like the 'natural' ingredients since my other products are loaded with chemicals

on 2/20/2014 10:11:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Thought i'd like this product but nope. It sucks. Made my skin irritated and red.. and it smells bad.

on 2/20/2014 6:55:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I concur with most reviewers here: this cleanser sucks!!

The write up on the packaging makes this product sound like it's a mild cleanser.

It. Is. Not.

I've only used it twice, and it left my skin stripped, chapped, red and flaky.

I have strong, oily skin and so you can imagine how stripping this cleanser is.

Stay away from this, if you like your face!!

on 2/2/2014 12:10:00 AM

I just used it and I am terrified! It dried my skin instantly and after 30 seconds part of my face become irritated..it's also itchy ...I never ever had this problems with any face product. I hope tomorrow will be fine if not I am going to visit a dermatologist

on 1/30/2014 5:03:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This is ok. I used it up by mixing it with another cleanser. I dislike the scent and it's way too strong for my sensitive skin.

On the plus side it did remove any left over make-up pretty well, but on the negative side it was drying and irritating when used alone. I would only recommend this for oilier skin that isn't sensitive to fragrance.

on 1/28/2014 8:32:00 AM

I'm so bummed to see all the bad reviews for this product! It works beautifully for me and my combination/oily skin. I only use it at night when I have to wash off makeup and the day's buildup of dirt and oil. In the morning I use a gentle olive oil cleanser. I have pretty good skin to begin with so I can't speak to its efficacy in dealing with acne, but I haven't been seeing any more or less breakouts than I did before.

It's a clear, thick, liquid cleanser that doesn't lather or foam. You just squirt out a dime-sized dollop onto your fingers and massage into your face, then rinse off. Looking at the ingredients label, I think it's a little shady that they sell this under their "Naturals" line, but I'll get over it. There is a bar version of this, but I found that to be too drying. I'm a new product junkie so I rarely buy a product twice, but I'll be buying this again.

(Note: you will need a separate makeup remover if you use any kind of long-wear makeup.)

on 1/26/2014 6:06:00 PM

I LOVE the smell and it really does clean your face BUT it dries your skin out. I used it to wash my face & remove my makeup and it worked, until my lips cracked in half and chin FLAKED HORRIBLY. I couldn't figure out why my skin was drying out so bad until I stopped using it. Then, my face completely cleared up without using anything but water to wash my face. Its not as natural as it claims. It has ingredients in it that I still can't pronouce.

on 1/26/2014 3:36:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

this product was just...okay. it smells nice and is good to wake me up in the morning but i did not feel much of a difference in my skin. i would use this product in the morning and at night. i just did not feel as if the product was really doing anything for my skin. however, i have normal skin...i do not get zits or pimples at all so i don't know if it would work better for people who have problem skin, maybe? its worth a try. its good to feel a bit more clean and wake yourself up but did not notice the differences in my skin that the product claimed.

on 12/21/2013 4:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Bought this cleanser because I have super sensitive skin and I thought it would be a good fit because it's natural. It irritated my skin, gave me white heads even though I'm not acne prone, and smells terrible.

on 12/21/2013 3:54:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is an eh product. It goes on so easy, feels good on my skin, washes off nicely. But after using it for awhile it has done nothing for my redness or acne. If you just want a cleanser to remove your makup this is perfect. But if you want a clenser that improves the condition of your skin, don't use this. It is also a bit drying so use moisturizer afterwards.