April 18, 2014 | 959 users online

Eye Shadow - Wet 'n' Wild - Color Icon Eyeshadow Collection - Petal Pusher (736)

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 8/13/2012 12:07:00 AM More reviews by ChemicalMonster

WnW eyeshadows are one of those drugstore makeup that puts all other powder eyeshadow to shame. First off, the palette is not the sturdiest but it is actually pretty nice. Its easy to store, the top is clear so you can easily see what you are picking up. There are 8 eyeshadows in this palettes. The colors are beautifully coordinated with one another which means you do not have to use it by row. Such as browbone, eyelid, crease, definer. You can mix and match throughout the palette. Now on to the eyeshadows themselves, some of these are not that pigmented which was very disappointing because I expected the same fabulous results as the WnW comfort palette. The eyeshadows are still very soft and but some of them you just cannot pick up the color. I personally use NYX jumbo pencil in milk as base but you can also try any other (purple) base so it makes the eyeshadow stick to the lid and be more vibrant. When it comes down to it, there are losers and winners in this palette but I still think its worth buying because all of the colors are workable, blendable, (some) REALLY pigmented and really cheap.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2012 9:53:00 PM More reviews by Hanouna

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have dark brown eyes and I find that purple works well with my eye color. I LOVE this pallette, especially the plum and purple colors. You can create so many different looks with it (smokey, neutral etc). I like to place the dark purple in my crease and I use it to line my lashes and use the the lightest color as a highlight.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2012 12:39:00 AM More reviews by tsh82

i actually like the colors. and maybe because i have never had pinks and purples in my eyeshadow collection.
theyre very pigmented, great for any occasion. basically nothing but love :)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2012 11:27:00 PM More reviews by staciarose22

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

What a waste of $5 or however much it costs. I bought this last year and forgot about it. They had a good thing going with their six pan palettes, so naturally they had to go and screw it up by saying "Let's make some crappy 8 pan palettes and they'll never know." Because the company has gotten so much Youtube publicity in recent years, the six pans were bought often and I'm sure all of them sold well. Petal Pusher is worthless. I was almost shocked at how bad it is, and I have many different primers to use. They've either changed the formula for their shadows or use cheaper pigments while charging the same price. I was only a fan of the six pan palettes, so I guess this means I will no longer buy products from Wet N Wild. I rarely have 1 lippie reviews, but it has to be done.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 7/31/2012 11:20:00 AM More reviews by Purplexoxo

Maybe this is just my palette, but every time I pat my brush in the shadow, so much fall out comes out, it's crazy! I would never wear these colors alone (I would prob pair them with neutrals) as well. I have the walking on eggshells palette and was extremely impressed and didn't find anything wrong, but this palette is so bad it's almost as if they aren't even from the same company... I feel awful for talking bad about such a beloved item, but like I said before, this might just be a problem with only mine.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2012 5:16:00 AM More reviews by genica

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I spot at least 4 dupes in this palette and they are;
right side crease = MAC Top Hat (texture & pigmentation are equal)
left side eyelid = MAC Trax (equal)
left side crease = MAC Beauty Marked (WnW is better)
left side definer = MAC Black Tied (WnW is better)
Overall this is another fantastic palette from WnW, and I can hardly believe it was only $5. If you've been wanting any of the above MAC shadows, not only would buying this palette save you money, you'd also get 7 extra shades. I haven't tried the blue 8 pan WnW palette, but both Petal Pusher and Comfort Zone are some of the best $5 I've ever spent at the drugstore. Even both palettes together at $10 for 12 quality eyeshadows STILL cost me less than one MAC eyeshadow! To say nothing of Petal Pushers beautiful colors and nice choice of combindations. If you like purples (or the above MAC shadows) it's worth every penny.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2012 2:32:00 AM More reviews by mikxoh

Arggg WnW knows how to sucker me into buying things I don't need :x
There's always some buy 1 get one half off thing going on with these guys when I'm at a drugstore.

I think it's a given that the comfort zone palette is a must have for everyone. With such amazing results from that palette I grabbed this purple colored one with high expectations. It didn't wow me as much as comfort zone did but it didn't disappoint either.

For some reason the shimmery shades seem to have the best overall texture and pigmentation. The darker matte shades were forgettable but that's okay because they still held well with a good eyeshadow primer.

Personally I favor the right column more than the left because of the eyelid and crease color.

A very good value for your money, especially if you can get it during a sale :>

rated 4 of 5 on 7/10/2012 7:37:00 PM More reviews by glitterfacedranda

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I really like this collection.It has some really pretty colors in it,they're all silky.Most of them are shimmery except for two,a white and a pale pink.The staying power isn't as good as other WNW shadows I have so that's the reason I took one lippie of.Even though the lasting power isn't the best it's still fairly good,esp for the price($5).Overall,I really like this product:)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2012 4:59:00 PM More reviews by stellar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm a big fan of Wet 'n' Wild's products in general. Their Mega Last lipsticks are some of the best lipsticks I've tried - including HE. And I've always loved their eyeshadows - so pigmented, smooth, long-lasting, and easy to blend. This is the first of their bigger palettes that I've bought and I love it! I've been searching for an e/s trio or palette with purples that wouldn't make me look like I'd been punched in the face a few times. This one looks great on me! It really makes my bright green eyes pop. I will admit that I'll never wear the bottom darker shades (I'm just not into super dark e/s) but the light and mid-toned shadows work very well for me. I wore it today for the first time and the first thing my boyfriend said when he saw me this morning was that my eyes looked "amazing." I did a quick, simple light smokey eye and I really love how it turned out. It's been 8 hours since I applied and it still looks perfectly fresh. (I do use e.l.f.'s Eyelid Primer underneath.) I've also had no problem at all with fallout and I had applied a couple of the shimmery shades. Now I definitely want to go out and get Comfort Zone too. I wish there was a bigger variety of these palettes available where I live. Would definitely repurchase and this one has encouraged me to buy their other palettes as well! For reference, I'm currently an NC20 with golden/brown/slightly olive skin and bright green eyes.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2012 10:15:00 PM More reviews by 2010

I wish I had read the reviews on this before I purchased it. I went to WM to get the Comfort Zone palette, but they were sold out. I have blue eyes and always wear neutrals, so I figured I would get this palette since I had never tried colour before.

The colours on the right side of the palette just don't work for me. They make me look like I have a black eye. However, the colours on the left side of the palette don't work for me either. They are just too heavy on my eyes and give me a "punched in the eye" kind of look. Just not attractive.

I keep trying to make it work, but I don't think it ever will.