April 19, 2014 | 1056 users online

Lip Treatments - Burt's Bees - Tinted Lip Balm

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 1/12/2012 1:59:00 PM More reviews by Funhearted

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The color was pretty good, but the moisture didn't last. In fact, I think it was actually drying. Not my fav.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/11/2012 9:33:00 AM More reviews by Newyearsgirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this in Tigerlily, and hated it. It really is waxy, like Burt's Bees Ultra Conditioning balm, but some people like that...just not my thing. Also, hardly any color payoff! For $7.49 at CVS, I expect more than that in a lip balm! :-( Not a re-buy product for me.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2011 9:03:00 PM More reviews by TheReviewLady

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I'm going to list ways that this product is different from Chapstick.

1. Much, much more expensive than Chapstick.
2. Not as waxy as Chapstick, more slippery.
3. More colour choices.
4. Different ingredients and therefore different smell and taste (not medicinal).
5. Large cardboard outer packaging.

Now... ways in which it is the same as Chapstick.
1. The colour is about as sheer as Chapstick.
2. About the same amount of product in the tube as a Chapstick.
3. Slightly more moisturising then Chapstick, but it depends on if your lips prefer a waxy or slipperly balm.

Finally... Red Dahlia is about the same colour as Clinique Almost Lipstick in Black Honey, but Red Dahlia is less pigmented and less brown.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/14/2011 6:48:00 AM More reviews by mandymoos2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Great concept, lovely colors, fantastic scent but this product doesn't last five minutes on my lips! I need something that will last at least 3 hours on my lips before I feel the need to reapply. My lips feel very parched after I've been wearing this. Clinique Superbalm is still my HG, it keeps my lips well moisturised without that feeling of needing to reapply every five minutes. Will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2011 8:58:00 PM More reviews by blushingpale

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Where have these been all my life???!!! I have a love/hate relationship with lipstick, and don't wear it on a daily basis because it's the least "essential" item in my makeup bag due to my coloring - I'm very pale neutral-toned Mac NC/NW 15 with light hazel eyes and light brown hair, and my lips are fairly pigmented for someone with my coloring, with a slight mauve tinge. The usual red and pink lipsticks look overwhelming and clownish on me. Also I have rosacea so anything too red/pink can bring out the red tones on my face, even with foundation. And my natural lip line is a bit uneven due to light freckles, so to apply a pigmented lip color I first have to use concealer around my lips (lip liner is a no-no as it just doesn't work for me, except for "reverse lip liner"). Also my lips are very dry so I always need balm underneath. Usually balm is all I wear.

Anyway, despite all this, when I've found the right shade of lipstick, it changes my whole face and makes me look younger, brighter and and prettier. Shades such as Clinique's Tenderheart or Revlon Colorburst in Rosy Nude, for instance. Yet they are still such a pain to apply right. So I reserve them for days when I have extra time. And I almost always have to blot, no matter how subtle the color.

Enter the BB Tinted Lip balms - FINALLY a lip balm with "just a touch" of color! I can actually just swipe these on and they look good and don't dry out my lips. My favorite is the Tiger Lily shade, a light pinky orange. It doesn't actually show up on my lips but evens out the color and tones down the mauve. Great for minimal/weekend makeup days. I've also purchased Hibiscus which is a "bright" yet lightly-pigmented warm pink/coral. It looks great for a polished everyday look, when I'm wearing foundation. Hibiscus is competing with my other new favorite, the Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter in Fig Jam.

I intend to buy ALL of these, except maybe Honeysuckle since the swatches I've seen make it look just like Tiger Lily. Most of these are pretty warm-toned except for Pink Blossom, so I think cool skintones might have a hard time finding a color they like.

Yes the cardboard tube is strange (but cute) and $7 (Cdn) is maybe pricey for a lip balm but to me these are WAY better than, for instance, strawberry or Dr. Pepper lip smackers. The colors are smooth, creamy and moisturizing.

I hope BB never stops making these!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2011 4:43:00 AM More reviews by Illiamai

I have Rose and Pink Blossom. I really love this and I use it everyday. It smells so lovely to me. It leaves my lips pretty soft and glossy with some color of course. I have smooth lips so it goes well with my lips, except if I put too much on it'll look all weird and waxy.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2011 2:14:00 AM More reviews by DoeEyed

Must Try! Especially if you're like me and you hate sticky goop of any kind on your lips but you are looking for some color. My lips are chronically chapped to the point of not even bothering with anything other than intensive treatment balm because it just isn't worth the maintenance of lipstick and/or gloss which would only accent and worsen the cracking. But now I have this :). I got Hibiscus to play off my naturally berry-pink toned lips. Can't wait to get something deeper or softer colored next time.
Considering all the various lip tints on the market, it's pretty hard to beat the price and the quality of this one. It's incredibly smooth and hydrating. NOT sticky: very buttery, almost oily with a nourishing feel. It is also a true tint with sheer color and some shine, so not for those wanting something more matte with coverage. Natural ingredients (100% in this case) without petroleum derivatives is an added bonus I also look for personally; which is why I've come to love Burt's Bees.
Downsides are it's not the longest lasting lip color and the packaging needs work. It comes in an all brown twist tube just like the Burt's Bee's Lip Balm so you have to look closely to read to determine what the color is. When you buy it in store it's in a cute color coded cardboard canister, but after that you're on your own, lol. BUT something pretty and healthy at $7 (plus maybe with a handy dandy Ulta coupon on top) you can't go wrong!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2011 8:34:00 AM More reviews by blooiejagwa

Good idea, terrible execution. No colour, the Emperor's New Clothes of tints. Moisturizing? Not in the least! Waxy, hard texture, lack of colour, very very short-lived (wipes off by itself in like, 2 secs) = yes.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/26/2011 9:21:00 PM More reviews by Cyphus

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this tinted lip balm!! I don't own many lip products, nor have tried many tinted lip balms, but I love this one. Sure, it is rather pricey ($7 for a small, chapstick-sized tube), but I've found it to be very mosturizing. I have dry lips, and using this has helped them heal!

Texturewise- I have owned other lip products (glosses, lip balms, lipstick etc), but none have come close to this one. This one goes on smoothly, and isn't too sticky or glossy. It is perfect!

Tint-
I own the Hibiscus shade, it adds the perfect amount of colour without being too apparent. (i.e. doesn't look like lipstick, looks very natural)

Packaging-
I gave it a 3 mainly b/c I felt it was a waste of packaging.. In that large cardboard tube, there's a small, chapstick sized tube rattling around inside of it!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/11/2011 4:04:00 PM More reviews by debssx3

I have both the Rose and Hibiscus tint, and I love them, however, I probably won't be repurchasing this because it is too pricey for a lip balm. It's about $7 for one, and there are other tinted lip balms out there that are as great as this one.