October 30, 2014 | 1724 users online

Lip Treatments - Burt's Bees - Tinted Lip Balm

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2012 9:01:00 PM More reviews by frckls

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

To start off, I'm about medium-yellow in shade and have crappy pigmented lips. They tend to look pinkish fresh out of the shower, juicy red if I just finish eating, and very unflattering-dead looking mauve when I'm tired. Bah.

I have the shade HIBISCUS. This baby gives me a pair of juicy pinkish-peach lips. Being so pigmented, ANY lippies that claim themselves being peach, looks very unflatteringly ugly pink on me. Burt's Bees claims this to be pink, but it looks like the perfect peach on my lips.

I also have the shade PINK BLOSSOM, which is the perfect pink for my warm-toned skin. It doesn't look too bubble-gummy on my lips and it just appears that I have a lovely pair of pink lips.

This tinted lip balm stayed on my lips for a good 2 hours or 3. A good meal would erase it all. But, however faded the sheen is, it leaves a faint tint on my lips. It is sheer alright, but with an ample pigmentation, making my lips look naturally juicy.

However, there is a difference in performance of Hibiscus and Pink Blossom.
Hibiscus tends to cling on dry chaps and doesn't fix that well, although still feels slippery. I thought I got a bad stuff, so I got another one and it felt just all the same.
Pink Blossom doesn't have this problem at all and moisturizes my lips very very beautifully.
That's why I gave 3-lippies for inconsistency.

The packaging is a brown boring plastic tube. But to be honest, I like it that I can just slip it into my pocket. I prefer this more than a fancy looking Chanel Rouge Coco Shine or Nars Sheer Lipstick that is not pocket friendly, costs about 3x (or more) as much, and lasts about the same on the lips.
Plus, this is much more natural (ingredients-wise) and cruelty-free.

Definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2012 10:35:00 AM More reviews by TeeCube

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a really great tinted balm! No taste or scent, sheer and glossy, and extremely moisturizing. So nice. I have rose and red dahlia, and they are lovely. I think the big cardboard tube they come in is a bit odd, but no matter. Good job, Burt's Bees! Buzzy buzzy buzzy. I am glad they are a neutral formula (again, no taste or scent or rough texture), it's a huge plus for me. Would buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/8/2012 9:28:00 PM More reviews by fredinbed

I bought this in Tiger Lily and really like it.

For reference I'm very fair with gingery/blonde hair and hazel eyes. My lips are quite pigmented given my complexion (though not very pigmented compared to most people) but they tend to have a purple/blue appearance which I'm not always keen on. Tiger Lily doesn't really add a lot of colour to my lips but it does tone down the purple and warm up my lips. It is lovely and subtle and a really great match for my colouring.

This product lost points for me on the packaging. I understand that the cardboard is post consumer recycled and cute but it didn't really need to be there in the first place. Less packaging would have made me happier. Also the price was $14.95 which is expensive for a lip balm, really expensive. I was tossing up between these and the revlon lip butters which run $21.95 here. I haven't seen a similarly coloured tinted lip balm around that is cheaper unfortunately. I'm really tempted to buy hibiscus too but I'm sure I can find a cheaper dupe.

The last criticism I have is a lack of SPF. I feel like a lot of the dryness I get on my lips is the result of sun damage. I'm not sure how I'll go using these in the summer. I might have to layer them with a clear SPF balm, which almost defeats the purpose

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2012 5:38:00 AM More reviews by ilymed2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Colors are good but lasting power isn't great. They also tend to dry my lips after gloss has faded. Application is almost too soft and I find myself rubbing extra product into my lips with my finger. Good enough to continue using but won't repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/24/2012 1:56:00 AM More reviews by xoxosilver

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this lip balm in hibiscus, and I really love the color on my lips. Once I took it off, however, gave me REALLY dry and parched skin, so I still recommend you layer with another lip product underneath.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/12/2012 3:10:00 PM More reviews by jj192

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Really wasn't impressed with this: I didn't like the texture or colour (I bought this in Hibiscus) and it was very drying. I really wanted to like it but I can't bring myself to use it again.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/12/2012 1:59:00 PM More reviews by Funhearted

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The color was pretty good, but the moisture didn't last. In fact, I think it was actually drying. Not my fav.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/11/2012 9:33:00 AM More reviews by Newyearsgirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this in Tigerlily, and hated it. It really is waxy, like Burt's Bees Ultra Conditioning balm, but some people like that...just not my thing. Also, hardly any color payoff! For $7.49 at CVS, I expect more than that in a lip balm! :-( Not a re-buy product for me.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2011 9:03:00 PM More reviews by TheReviewLady

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I'm going to list ways that this product is different from Chapstick.

1. Much, much more expensive than Chapstick.
2. Not as waxy as Chapstick, more slippery.
3. More colour choices.
4. Different ingredients and therefore different smell and taste (not medicinal).
5. Large cardboard outer packaging.

Now... ways in which it is the same as Chapstick.
1. The colour is about as sheer as Chapstick.
2. About the same amount of product in the tube as a Chapstick.
3. Slightly more moisturising then Chapstick, but it depends on if your lips prefer a waxy or slipperly balm.

Finally... Red Dahlia is about the same colour as Clinique Almost Lipstick in Black Honey, but Red Dahlia is less pigmented and less brown.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/14/2011 6:48:00 AM More reviews by mandymoos2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Great concept, lovely colors, fantastic scent but this product doesn't last five minutes on my lips! I need something that will last at least 3 hours on my lips before I feel the need to reapply. My lips feel very parched after I've been wearing this. Clinique Superbalm is still my HG, it keeps my lips well moisturised without that feeling of needing to reapply every five minutes. Will not repurchase.