Too Faced Amazing Face Oil Free Close-Up Coverage

3.9

Water/Aqua/Eau, Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Lauryl PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, HDI/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Hexyl Laurate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Squalane, Propylene Carbonate, Phytantriol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Oleanolic Acid, Enantia Chlorantha Bark Extract, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Portulaca Oleracea Extract, Centella Asiatica Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Nylon-12 Fluorescent Brightener 230 Salt, Polyvinylalcohol Crosspolymer, Polysilicone-11, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Sodium Chondroitin Sulfate, Atelocollagen, Aminobutyric Acid, Barium Sulfate, Sodium Chloride, Magnesium Chloride, Potassium Chloride, Zinc Chloride, Lysine, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Sodium Benzoate, Mica. May Contain/Peut Contenir/( /-): Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

on 10/27/2011 1:55:00 PM

This is a difficult product to review because I can see how good it is. However, I will not repurchase for a couple of reasons. The first is that I need full coverage. You can sorta build this up but it is soooo tacky that it just ends up feeling yucky when I do. It takes forever to set. I have to powder and powder. Those are the two main reasons I would not repurchase. The smell is really weird. I said it was like buttered rum but the SA said he thought it smelled like cake batter. The smell does not go away. The bottle is tacky and needs a pump. Finally, the color range is very limited.

on 9/25/2011 12:20:00 PM

I don't want to jinx it, but I think I may have found my HG foundation. Right now, my skin is pretty clear (don't want to jinx this either). This foundation is light but can be built up to medium. It feels like I have nothing on my skin. My skin looks evened out without the look and cakeyness of foundation. This seems to wear pretty long too. I'm not sure how it would do on oily skin, but I think normal/dry would like it. It seems to last long too which is an added bonus for me. I do set it with LM soft focus shine control powder and the combination is great. The shades seem to run a bit dark. I am around NC20 and I bought the lightest shade. I think that I will definitely be repurchasing this.

on 9/1/2011 2:21:00 AM

I LOVE the bottle. Yes, I know it's probably not 'hygienic' as it could be with a pump, but it's so pretty and looks great on my bathroom counter. Aside from that, the product is great - it applies smooth and is almost undetectable even close up. A drop will be enough to brush over the whole face. I like that the foundation is light, which is good for everyday use.

I don't have any gripes with there being no SPF, but that's because I wear an SPF primer and moisturiser underneath. Would repurchase.

on 8/5/2011 11:29:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

After I read Phyrra's review of this, I was a little curious. Somehow, I've become one of those women who has slowly started to accumulate foundations and my current HG, EL DoubleWear is a little heavy for the summer months and tends to oxidize when I sweat even a little (as most foundations do on me). So I decided to try this since I felt that Phyrra's skin (while admittedly nicer than mine) looked very nice with this foundation on. All in a all, I do like it: the coverage is buildable and it definitely covers large pores. Though I agree with other reviewers--using moisturizer or sunscreen underneath will create an oily mess on your face. I just wear this over primer and nothing else. I do have to blot maybe once or twice which is not necessary with DW but I don't *look* very greasy, I just feel greasy.

One con is that the shades are fairly limited and tend to run dark I think. I have light-medium olive skin with true neutral undertones. I wear Warm Vanilla since the next shade up was oddly red on me. Warm Vanilla is a touch pink but not terribly so.

on 7/30/2011 1:49:00 AM

If you live in a humid country like mine, and you have oily skin this would work best without a moisturizer. This foundation makes your skin look healthy and look gorgeous in pictures, but the staying power is not really that impressive.

The texture is very close to a tinted moisturizer and the coverage is light-medium. I would say that this would be a good foundation for those good skin days and you just want to look natural by not having too much makeup on your skin. That's the only reason why I don't throw this out because if I need to go somewhere and just wanted to look presentable in a flash, I grab this foundation and one drop is enough to cover my entire face. Since the texture is runny, this is very easy to blend.

And yes, since this is like a tinted moisturizer, the finish is a bit dewy. Just be careful with how you put your setting powder because you might buff away the foundation since the layer that sticks to your face is very thin.

About the packaging, I was surprised when I saw the Too Faced name was peeled off :p and now all I have it's a brandless bottle.

on 6/25/2011 12:05:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I love this foundation! Feels great on the skin, and provides medium coverage. It nicely covers my acne scars, and doesn't make me break out. I use Vanilla Creme. I top with Laura Mercier's Secret Brightening Powder to set. My only (small) complaint is the packaging is a little too precious, and the neck of the bottle is a bit small, but since it's such a great foundation, I will let it slide.

on 6/14/2011 2:55:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I really love the natural look this foundation leaves on my face! It spreads really nicely and gives an even finish. I was also happy to find that it did not settle into any lines or accentuate my pores. In fact it minimized the appearance of my pores very well. Most importantly, the coverage is great as it covers any redness and blemishes on my face in just a few sweeps. After setting with a powder, the makeup lasts through 9 hours of work activities while still maintaining full coverage.
Before this I used Dior 'DiorSkin forever extreme wear flawless makeup' and thought it was great, but this is equally wonderful if not a tad better.
I would give this a 4/5. I took off a lippie because there's no pump, which is bad for sanitary reasons as well as being inconvenient. Also, It's lack of sun protection also bugged me since my previous dior foundation at least had spf 25. All the foundations I've used in the past offered some amount of sun protection so I was disappointed Too Faced did not include any in here.
The lack of colour selection was also unaccommodating as there are only 8 shades to choose from. I couldn't find a perfect match so I opted for something slightly lighter than my skin tone and settled for 'Warm Vanilla'.
All in all I'm very happy with this foundation and would repurchase.

on 5/24/2011 2:04:00 AM

Great! Im not even a fan of liquid makeup at all, but this doesn't feel like it when its on your skin! It feels light and really hides pores and doesn't look streaky or cakey (unless you put too much!). I've been on the same bottle for almost 5 months and I feel like it will last me 6. Its a cute little bottle too! I wish it had some SPF in it. Also, it looks great with Smashbox photofinish beneath and rice powder on top! :)

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

i recently got introduced to this by a friend of mine..and OMG am i happy she did..i have uneven skin tone and problem areas with some acne..this foundation is trully AMAZING =] its builable coverage.yet feels like your not wearing any foundation at all..i loveee that.blends into my skin like a dream..theres no foundation jawline or hairlines at all.and most of all..i notice my skin becoming flawless! its really making my skin healthier..i can definetly see myself purchasing this again and again..yes it may be pricey but for all it does for my skin i think ill continue to splurge on it =]

on 5/5/2011 11:19:00 PM

this foundation gives you an illusion of having perfect skin, coverage is not very good so if you have inperfections on ur skin you probably still need a good concealer....doesn't seem to bother my skin and doesn't give me breakouts which is a greattt!! however, the price is quite steep and i hate how it has no bump so i always ended up pouring more out than what i need........and as the weather gets warmer it doesn't stay that well on my face specially on my t zone area.....for reference i'm nc30 and i have this in warm nude......