The Body Shop Lip Care Stick - Cocoa Butter

4.3

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Hydrogenated Coconut Oil, Beeswax, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Butter, Flavor, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Propylene Glycol, Water, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Extract, Ammonium Glycyrrhizate, Calendula Officinalis Extract, Tocopherol.

on 12/15/2010 12:24:00 PM

I buy a new one every year and use it for when it's cold. I love the smell so much, not to sweet, just like cocoa, and I think it moisturizes my lips perfectly. Completely worth the price.

on 12/10/2010 3:48:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

i love skincare of TBS except this moisture lip.The price is not cheap and isn't enough moisturing.After applying 1 hour , i feel my lips being dryer than without .

on 9/22/2010 7:47:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

I hate to say it, but I think this lip balm is drying my lips up. The smell is delicious, the price is right, but every time I use this, my lips feel dryer, and need more and more lip balm. I think I might have a reaction to cocoa butter on my lips, as Palmer's Cocoa Butter lip balm did the same thing.

on 9/4/2010 5:32:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I love this lipbalm and can't do without it. I constantly had chapped lips before finding this lipbalm and was on the quest to find something that would consistently moisturize my lips. I ended up purchasing this based on the reviews and am so glad I found this! It keeps my lips soft and moist, without being greasy. It also has a pleasant chocolate scent. I keep one at home as well as one in my purse!

on 7/29/2010 12:01:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This smells like chocolate! It moisturizes my lips okay, but the vitamin e lip care (also from TBS) does it better. I only use this when my lips are in good condition and I just want to keep it moisturized throughout the day and also at night. Chapped lips calls for TBS vitamin e lip care stick. I would continue to buy this still because of the smell and especially how it feels on my lips. It feels moist which I like especially at night. The one thing I like better about this is that it doesn't have SPF. I like my natural/organic and expensive lip balms to be spf-free. I have less expensive balms when I need sun protection. Also, I can't use this under my lipstick because it has a moist bordering on slick texture. It might make the lipstick slide off. Under gloss, this is okay.

on 7/5/2010 8:43:00 PM

A fantastic lip balm, especially for dry and chapped lips. I just love its chocolaty scent and flavor, it's almost as satiating as eating a chunk of chocolate. In terms of packaging, it is smaller than the usual-sized lipsticks or lip balms, but because it is so small it fits into every pocket. It lasted me a decent amount of time (you get 4.2g / 0.14oz).

on 6/7/2010 2:56:00 PM

LOVE this lipbalm! It's the best I've used, not waxy, just soft and moisturizing. And great scent, not too powerful, just subtly cocoa. I just wish it was cheaper where I live.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

This is one of my best lip balms. Its very moisturizing and smells great!
Definitely worth trying. ♥♥

on 5/15/2010 7:34:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

This is the best lip moisturiser I have ever used! Normally in winter I get really dry flaky lips with a big scabby patch in the middle but I used this lip care stick this year and my lips stayed smooth and soft throughout the winter. It also smells / tastes really nice (like chocolate) and is made of lots of natural ingredients (cocoa butter obviously but also coconut oil, beeswax, olive oil and almond oil). The fact that it is a stick rather than a pot means you don't get your fingers all greasy. It is only 4 and lasts a long time.
Also using this doesn't make you lips need it like mineral oil ones (eg vaseline) do. I have found lip treatments like vaseline and carmex overall make my lips drier.
Only wish they would do one with spf for summer.

on 4/2/2010 8:05:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

My lips have been really dry lately and I've been on a 'lip balm binge' for the past few months. After trying a large amount of high and low end brands, I've realised that this is one of the few that actually does something for my lips. My test is if my lips feel moisturized in the morning after using a product, well this scores highly. I also get a reaction from products with SPF chemicals in them and this doesn't appear to have any in it.
It does have a sweet somewhat over-powing smell at first but that subsides and it just keeps your lips moisturized, some may find it a little too 'greasy'. The product will melt if left in heat and the packaging is nothing exciting (cream and brown), but the results from this more than makes up for it.

Popular Lip Treatments