The Body Shop Lip Care Stick - Cocoa Butter

4.3

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Hydrogenated Coconut Oil, Beeswax, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Butter, Flavor, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Propylene Glycol, Water, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Extract, Ammonium Glycyrrhizate, Calendula Officinalis Extract, Tocopherol.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Wonderful product! I have very dry and chapped lips in the winter, and this is my absolute favourite lip balm. This balm has cocoa butter in it, which is a very old remedy for chapped and dry lips. It also contains olive oil and sweet almond oil, two other brilliant moisturising products.
It is not sticky, stays on for a long time and really moisturises. The smell is chocolaty but not overpowering. I love this and will repurchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

i had high hopes for this but for me it's not that moisturizing and the smell is a bit sickening. it smells really good at first (like cocoa butter and chocolate) but after using it for a while i got sick of the smell. the smell is REALLY strong too so you can't escape it. however, i do like how it looks on the lips.

This lip balm really is great and actually does repair dry lips instead of just making them greasy for awhile while its on.
The texture is very thick and nice and doesn't make lips too glossy. There is very little flavour, and the scent is sort of a light cocoa butter scent (not chocolate).
After using this for a little while my lips began to break out in itchy hives when I used it, so obviously I stopped. My boyfriend started using it and loves it, its his favorite lip product ever. He has no reaction to it, and I recently put a few things together and came to the conclusion that I'm allergic to cocoa butter as many cocoa butter concentrated products give me itchy hives.
So while I would not buy it for myself again, I will probably buy it again to give to my boyfriend as a gift because its an outstanding lip balm and he really likes it.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

O...M....G. this is literally, THE ONLY chapstick I will ever use on my lips for the rest of my life! It is 5x better than Burt's Bees, which was my last fav before I discovered this over a years ago.

The thing with this is that the 1st 5 ingredients are mostly oils & butters which PENETRATE even the driest winter lips. & it contains waxes (incl. Bees wax) to SEAL in the oils/ butters to keep your lips moist for longer periods of time compared to Chapstick, Carmex or Burtsbees.

It's a bit pricey, but you don't have to reapply very often. 1 stick will last you a good 2 months if you use it everyday. My tip is to buy it when the bodyshop has a deal on it (ie. buy 1 get 1 50% off), I promise you: you will want to repurchase again & again. So instead, stock up!!

I buy a new one every year and use it for when it's cold. I love the smell so much, not to sweet, just like cocoa, and I think it moisturizes my lips perfectly. Completely worth the price.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

i love skincare of TBS except this moisture lip.The price is not cheap and isn't enough moisturing.After applying 1 hour , i feel my lips being dryer than without .

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

I hate to say it, but I think this lip balm is drying my lips up. The smell is delicious, the price is right, but every time I use this, my lips feel dryer, and need more and more lip balm. I think I might have a reaction to cocoa butter on my lips, as Palmer's Cocoa Butter lip balm did the same thing.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I love this lipbalm and can't do without it. I constantly had chapped lips before finding this lipbalm and was on the quest to find something that would consistently moisturize my lips. I ended up purchasing this based on the reviews and am so glad I found this! It keeps my lips soft and moist, without being greasy. It also has a pleasant chocolate scent. I keep one at home as well as one in my purse!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This smells like chocolate! It moisturizes my lips okay, but the vitamin e lip care (also from TBS) does it better. I only use this when my lips are in good condition and I just want to keep it moisturized throughout the day and also at night. Chapped lips calls for TBS vitamin e lip care stick. I would continue to buy this still because of the smell and especially how it feels on my lips. It feels moist which I like especially at night. The one thing I like better about this is that it doesn't have SPF. I like my natural/organic and expensive lip balms to be spf-free. I have less expensive balms when I need sun protection. Also, I can't use this under my lipstick because it has a moist bordering on slick texture. It might make the lipstick slide off. Under gloss, this is okay.

A fantastic lip balm, especially for dry and chapped lips. I just love its chocolaty scent and flavor, it's almost as satiating as eating a chunk of chocolate. In terms of packaging, it is smaller than the usual-sized lipsticks or lip balms, but because it is so small it fits into every pocket. It lasted me a decent amount of time (you get 4.2g / 0.14oz).

Popular Lip Treatments