October 24, 2014 | 1043 users online

Lip Treatments - The Body Shop - Lip Care Stick - Cocoa Butter

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2010 7:47:00 AM More reviews by miahesterly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I hate to say it, but I think this lip balm is drying my lips up. The smell is delicious, the price is right, but every time I use this, my lips feel dryer, and need more and more lip balm. I think I might have a reaction to cocoa butter on my lips, as Palmer's Cocoa Butter lip balm did the same thing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2010 5:32:00 AM More reviews by USCgirlie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this lipbalm and can't do without it. I constantly had chapped lips before finding this lipbalm and was on the quest to find something that would consistently moisturize my lips. I ended up purchasing this based on the reviews and am so glad I found this! It keeps my lips soft and moist, without being greasy. It also has a pleasant chocolate scent. I keep one at home as well as one in my purse!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2010 12:01:00 AM More reviews by bloou

This smells like chocolate! It moisturizes my lips okay, but the vitamin e lip care (also from TBS) does it better. I only use this when my lips are in good condition and I just want to keep it moisturized throughout the day and also at night. Chapped lips calls for TBS vitamin e lip care stick. I would continue to buy this still because of the smell and especially how it feels on my lips. It feels moist which I like especially at night. The one thing I like better about this is that it doesn't have SPF. I like my natural/organic and expensive lip balms to be spf-free. I have less expensive balms when I need sun protection. Also, I can't use this under my lipstick because it has a moist bordering on slick texture. It might make the lipstick slide off. Under gloss, this is okay.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2010 8:43:00 PM More reviews by mickeyrdam

A fantastic lip balm, especially for dry and chapped lips. I just love its chocolaty scent and flavor, it's almost as satiating as eating a chunk of chocolate. In terms of packaging, it is smaller than the usual-sized lipsticks or lip balms, but because it is so small it fits into every pocket. It lasted me a decent amount of time (you get 4.2g / 0.14oz).

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2010 2:56:00 PM More reviews by IvyRhine

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

LOVE this lipbalm! It's the best I've used, not waxy, just soft and moisturizing. And great scent, not too powerful, just subtly cocoa. I just wish it was cheaper where I live.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2010 5:52:00 AM More reviews by ohpoodlesticks

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is one of my best lip balms. Its very moisturizing and smells great!
Definitely worth trying. ♥♥

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2010 7:34:00 AM More reviews by lovepigeon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This is the best lip moisturiser I have ever used! Normally in winter I get really dry flaky lips with a big scabby patch in the middle but I used this lip care stick this year and my lips stayed smooth and soft throughout the winter. It also smells / tastes really nice (like chocolate) and is made of lots of natural ingredients (cocoa butter obviously but also coconut oil, beeswax, olive oil and almond oil). The fact that it is a stick rather than a pot means you don't get your fingers all greasy. It is only 4 and lasts a long time.
Also using this doesn't make you lips need it like mineral oil ones (eg vaseline) do. I have found lip treatments like vaseline and carmex overall make my lips drier.
Only wish they would do one with spf for summer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2010 8:05:00 PM More reviews by Anitag

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My lips have been really dry lately and I've been on a 'lip balm binge' for the past few months. After trying a large amount of high and low end brands, I've realised that this is one of the few that actually does something for my lips. My test is if my lips feel moisturized in the morning after using a product, well this scores highly. I also get a reaction from products with SPF chemicals in them and this doesn't appear to have any in it.
It does have a sweet somewhat over-powing smell at first but that subsides and it just keeps your lips moisturized, some may find it a little too 'greasy'. The product will melt if left in heat and the packaging is nothing exciting (cream and brown), but the results from this more than makes up for it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2010 8:16:00 AM More reviews by cherylf

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this product. I find it lasts longer on my lips than other chapsticks I have used in the past, and it definitely moisturizes.
It is pretty expensive for the amount you get, but knowing that the money goes towards supporting community projects makes up for it. I would purchase this again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2010 8:39:00 AM More reviews by dea2407

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Coarse Eyes: Green

Cocoa butter begins to melt when it gets in contact with the warmth of your body (lips). And this simple fact makes this product so good, I guess! I always get one in winter, because my lips get dry from the heated air. It lasts and it moistures really good!
It smells like cocoa, but more like raw cocoa to mee, not like a cup of cocoa or chocolate. I like the smell, but I know people which can't stand it because it's kind of special - so try this before!