Estee Lauder Sumptuous Extreme

3.9

on 1/7/2013 10:51:00 PM

Thankfully I got this in one of Estee Lauder's amazing gift with purchase deals that they did toward the end of last year...
I was really excited to try this one out, but I must say I'm pretty disappointed. For something that is called 'Sumptuous Extreme' I was expecting my lashes to be really full and lucious, but instead they are left looking quite average.
What I do like about it is that it doesn't dry and flake off the lashes, and is easy to get off in the evenings.
If you're after an everyday 'natural' look, I'd recommend this, but it's definitely not for party eyes like I was hoping!

on 1/3/2013 4:50:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

The best mascara I have ever tried. I was trying Lancome, Dior mascaras, but this one is the only mascara that made a visible difference on my eye lashes.

on 12/30/2012 7:08:00 PM

Goes on easily with minimal clumping, separates the lashes, and stays put all day. It's my favorite mascara now.

on 12/26/2012 8:17:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I also got this as a GWP. The color is nice (I got bold black). However, I found the large brush very difficult to navigate. It might be one of the biggest brushes that I've ever used. After the second coat, I had made such a mess that I was scared to continue. I've used all sorts of mascaras, and never had all of these problems.

on 12/26/2012 1:02:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Ah! HG Mascara! I got this as a gift and I absolutely adore it. I have relatively long lashes as it is and this just compliments, volumizes, lengthens and curls them beautifully with no clumps. I've always used drugstore brands like Maybelline, Wet n Wild, ect but this just blows them out of the water! It's very expensive and I really wanted to hate it after I saw the price but it's too good; I fully intend on marching out to buy another when this runs out. The packaging is just beautiful as well. Love it!

on 12/14/2012 3:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

YES finally found a HG product. This mascara is amazing. My eyelashes are relatively long (thanks to li-lash) but they dont really curl. When I use this my eyelashes get huge (reach my eyebrow and anything :p). Gives nice volume as well and the curl lasts all the day. Also it doesnt flake. My previous favourite (max factor false lash effect) had the tendency to do that, so Im quite glad this one doesnt :). I cant really name anything negative bout this mascara exept the price. 28 bucks is of course ridiculous, I was lucky enough to find this with 40% off. Though I think that if I would run out I would pay fullprice for this since it really is that great :)

on 12/7/2012 8:18:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

First - I hate the fact that Estee discontinued Projectionist. I bought the "replacement" Double Wear no-smudge lengthening that the counter person recommended and it was horrible.

This one is more my style. Still lokking though.

At least my eyes don't itch and the brush is fuller.

on 12/5/2012 5:01:00 PM

THIS IS THE GREATEST MASCARA EVER!
Extends, volumizes, the whole nine yards. easy application. I cant live without this

on 11/19/2012 8:19:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I didn't like this at first because it was to thin, but after some days the mascare thickend. It is one of the best mascaras I've tried, but it is a bit pricy.It gives long thick lashes, but it clumps a bit. I don't think it's worth the price, but it gives freat volume. I bought this on tax free and there it was almost the same price as drugstore mascaras, so I would by it again for that price.

on 11/7/2012 4:14:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I wanted to hate this mascara. I got it as a GWP and after not one, but two bad experiences in a row with sales reps at the EL counter of the dept. store I get most of my stuff at, I swore I wasn't going to even look their way for anything. I tossed it in with a couple other GWP mascaras and forgot about it.

But then one day I was doing a basic makeup and felt my other ones were a bit too 'dramatic' for a plain ole day time look. So I used it. No angels singing or disco lights, but it did the job. So I kept going back to it, again and again.

Without a doubt, this has become my go to mascara. It has a nice black color, and def. gives my sparse lashes volume and gives a multiplying effect. If I'm going out at night and want a bit more drama, I'll top it off with some 'They're Real' by Benefit. Every time I reach for it, it does exactly what I need it to do. Rarely clumps, which is more than I can say for some of my Lancome and the Benefit one.

I'm comforting myself with the fact that I can just order this online from the dept. store I frequent and not have to suck it up and deal with the crappy EL SAs, who seem to think they're doing you a favor by acknowledging your existence.