November 22, 2014 | 1974 users online

Mascara - Estee Lauder - Sumptuous Extreme

rated 4 of 5 on 11/19/2012 8:19:00 AM More reviews by MultiQuna

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I didn't like this at first because it was to thin, but after some days the mascare thickend. It is one of the best mascaras I've tried, but it is a bit pricy.It gives long thick lashes, but it clumps a bit. I don't think it's worth the price, but it gives freat volume. I bought this on tax free and there it was almost the same price as drugstore mascaras, so I would by it again for that price.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2012 4:14:00 PM More reviews by Pyretta5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Grey

I wanted to hate this mascara. I got it as a GWP and after not one, but two bad experiences in a row with sales reps at the EL counter of the dept. store I get most of my stuff at, I swore I wasn't going to even look their way for anything. I tossed it in with a couple other GWP mascaras and forgot about it.

But then one day I was doing a basic makeup and felt my other ones were a bit too 'dramatic' for a plain ole day time look. So I used it. No angels singing or disco lights, but it did the job. So I kept going back to it, again and again.

Without a doubt, this has become my go to mascara. It has a nice black color, and def. gives my sparse lashes volume and gives a multiplying effect. If I'm going out at night and want a bit more drama, I'll top it off with some 'They're Real' by Benefit. Every time I reach for it, it does exactly what I need it to do. Rarely clumps, which is more than I can say for some of my Lancome and the Benefit one.

I'm comforting myself with the fact that I can just order this online from the dept. store I frequent and not have to suck it up and deal with the crappy EL SAs, who seem to think they're doing you a favor by acknowledging your existence.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2012 12:47:00 PM More reviews by Radchickee

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This mascara is about as good as any but nothing exceptional. Pros - its quite black, leaves the lashes fairly soft, and doesnt flake at all. It doesn't clump much, even with multiple coats. Cons - the applicator brush is pretty big and awkward so not the easiest mascara to use. It also doesn't hold a curl in the lashes, and although it adds some volume, it not enough to justify the high price. I wouldn't repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/15/2012 8:37:00 AM More reviews by PinkCupcakes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Probably worth two "lippies" but I gave it one considering the nerve Estee Lauder have slapping such a high price on this. The huge brush is clumsy, makes it difficult to coat smaller lashes in corners and you'll get mascara all over your eyelids with this. When removing this in the shower, I've never felt such pain and stinging in my life. It felt like battery acid got in my eyes, and I don't think I'm comfortable with having something that potent 2mm away from my eye balls. Lucky I only got a trial size tube as a free gift from a department store. Bad product!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2012 7:14:00 PM More reviews by DottySarah

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have it in black. I love the fact that i dont need to wait and coat again. In the mornings quick flick allover lashes coats them nicely and they look thicker, longer and blacker all day. The best mascara ive used sofar.
Pricey at 32 Euros but packaging is quite nice. Will buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2012 11:13:00 AM More reviews by summer028

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this. It makes the lashes look amazing, long, with a nice curl, but never clumpy. The colour is a nice, deep black and it isn't scented too strongly.

The brush is quite big and tapered and adds a lot of volume to the lashes. With the tapered end you can reach the smaller lashes in the corner of the eyes more easily.

Personally I love the fact that you can remove this mascara with warm water only. So you don't have to scrub at you eye area to get the mascara off. I do not have very oily lids, but it never smears, nor flakes. And the lashes still feel soft after application.

But the thing I love the most about it, is that it has made my lashes stronger over the last 5 months of use (that's how long I've been using it every day so far-first tube). I guess because it does contain much better ingredients than the average drugstore mascara.

Definetely will repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2012 2:36:00 PM More reviews by bbybreanna

i got this GWP and im not sure the full size price. this mascara is good for thickening, and i like putting it over lancome doll lashes. it can smear on your eyelid and below your lower lashes which is a huge con.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2012 11:32:00 AM More reviews by Kouryu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I am quite surprised by the bad reviews. I bought this mascara few days ago and didn't like it at first after applying one coat, but then I thought maybe it's my technique. So I applied few more layers, after the first one dried down. and it turned out absolutely gorgeous, best false lash effect I have ever experienced with mascaras, even though It took me a bit longer to apply, rather than usual.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/5/2012 6:00:00 AM More reviews by Cocolou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

As a big fan of the normal sumptuous, I had very high hopes for this mascara. But I don't think it really does anything special. I was happier with a drying out Elizabeth Arden one, to be honest. It hardly makes my lashes noticeable, and if I try to put more on it clumps and I end up with about three lashes. Smudges under my eyes and totally gives them a reaction if it gets on the waterline, which no other mascara has ever done. Definetely won't be repurchasing, it's not worth the extra at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2012 11:42:00 AM More reviews by carian

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Other

I have this in Violet, which is more like a vivid blue. It is very easy to apply, has a large brush but is still easy to reach the corner lashes. Does not flake & last all day, still keeping lashes soft. Also it is easy to remove.