LORAC powder eyeshadow

4.4

on 1/31/2004 7:23:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have the Jewel Box collection of shimmery/highligters. One white, pink, beige and purple shimmery eyeshadow kit. I also have joy, moonstone, garnet, lilac, and harmony eyeshadows. The Jewel box is a staple I use it everyday and mix it with the other shadows. Great products, shimmery as hell, and last all day and night. Pricey but check out ebay you can get them cheaper. Love LORAC!

on 1/21/2004 10:21:00 AM

I have this in a dark olive green shade. I don't like it at all. it gets smudgy and leaves me looking like racoon. It doesn't blend very well either. I prefer the Trish M & Mac eyeshadows.

on 10/31/2003 12:08:00 AM

LORAC eyeshadows are highly pigmented and the shimmers are very dense. They are long lasting, does not fade, and won't crease. I have five of them from the Greatest Hits CD 1, and I love how these e/s go on so silky soft on the lids. I would really like to get more colors, except that LORAC is not available in Malaysia. Sad :(

on 10/5/2003 10:32:00 PM

LORAC is quickly becoming one of my favorite e/s brands. I have Taupe and Charcoal and LOVE both of them! They are so velvety and go on really evenly. I like that they aren't overly pigmented because then I can decide how I want my eyes to look when I wear them. I can add more for a more dramatic look or apply lightly for a more subtle appearance. Also work great as a dry liner for a smokey eye look. The only thing I am not crazy about is the packaging. They have screw top instead of a flip top so it is a little more work and inconvenience but I *think* I can live with it! lol

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I love LORAC eye shadows. They are simply the best I have ever found in terms of color "oomph", staying power, and texture. I usually use them wet, they go on like paint. The color you see in the pot is the color you will get on your eyes, I have never found anything better in terms of true color. Even with MAC, if you apply a shimmery color, you get more shimmer than you do pigment. That's not the case with LORAC. The downside to these shadows is that they are EXPENSIVE!! They are $16 a pot, and about a year ago they reduced the pot size from .09 oz to .06. It doesn't sound like much, but you'll reach the bottom of your pots much quicker. Although I love LORAC, I have been looking for a cheaper e/s of similar quality because of this. I am still buying my favorite color though: serenity. continued >>

on 8/8/2003 5:48:00 PM

Maybe it was the shade I tried (Shimmer) but I thought this was a disappointing product. I swiped a little on to highlight my brows and it barely showed up and faded within an hour. This might work great as a wash, but I think there are other brands with longer lasting pigment out there if you want a more enduring color.

I have the LORAC jewel box with 4 shades: Virtue, Charity, Faith, and Hope -- all shimmery shades of fabulous eyeshadow. I LOVE these!!! These colors work well as highlighters under the brow, or as all-over-the-lid shadows that make my eyes "pop". Sometimes I wear charity (a light, shimmery peach) with a bronze color in the crease. These color don't fade or crease, and I never have to reapply. I have drawers full of eyeshadow that I barely wear now that I've found LORAC. In fact, I am of the opinion that every penny spent on LORAC products is money well spent(at least what I've tried so far: their lipsticks, powder foundation, and eyeshadows). Simply outstanding!

on 11/18/2002 3:15:00 PM

Lorac is a little expensive, but the colors are beautiful, and the pigmentation is really strong (not for the heavy-handed or the novice eyeshadow applier, though; mistakes are noticeable). I have Wisteria, Black, and Charcoal and I use the Charcoal all the time. The black can be used with an angled brush and a little water to make a liquid liner. I won't buy them often, but I will buy them again.

on 11/6/2002 11:29:00 PM

lorac makes great eyeshadow. it's pigmented, easy to apply, and fades very little if at all. i bought this in pewter, which is a shimmery (but not hyper-shimmery, like UD, so it can be worn by the shy) grey (no blue in it). the only problem is that this eyeshadow is expensive. i have yet to see an eyeshadow of this quantity be sold for more (although i am sure there is), which is why i would not buy again unless it was a color that i couldn't find anywhere else, and that i really wanted.

on 10/15/2002 11:10:00 PM

These are pretty decent eyeshadows when you compare them to MAC, Stila, or Urban Decay. I have Serenity (dark peachy/beige with golden undertones), Mesmerize (peachy/pink similar to UD X), Moonstone (pinky/beige), Garnet (red/bronze similar to Stila BFC), Persuasion ( perfect nude/beige base), Innocence (plum/lavender), and Pewter (dark steel gray with no blue undertones). I went through a serious Lorac buying spree a year ago so I collected a few eyeshadows. I like the fact that the shimmer eyeshadows look good on my 30ish eyelids. I still don't regret the investment but I don't think I'll be adding to my Lorac collection.