November 28, 2014 | 1741 users online

Mascara - Almay - Get Up and Grow

rated 4 of 5 on 4/28/2013 1:27:00 AM More reviews by schoolgirl101

I purchased the waterproof version of this mascara after hearing a rave review from emilynoel83 on YouTube. I like the naturally dark eyelashes this mascara gives and the mascara scent is surprising a lot less mascara like and kind of sweet smelling. Length and volume are okay. The packaging is nice quality and the brush is a bristle brush (I'm normally a rubber brush user). The product has smudged on me (which is common for a lot of mascaras I use; my eyes water like crazy), but it's not the worst. I probably won't be repurchasing unless it's dirt cheap on sale.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/25/2013 11:43:00 PM More reviews by littleann818

I heard ppl rave about this mascara on youtube so I thought I'd give it a whirl. Turns out it clumps like crazy on my lashes! And I've never been a waterproof mascara type of girl so I don't know what I was thinking getting this mascara (since it's waterproof). The wear of this mascara is decent but by the end of the night when I'm taking off the mascara, it is completely dried up and flakes off when I try to wipe it off with my makeup remover. I think I even got a small piece of it stuck in my eye for a bit before I was able to fully get it all off...not a fun experience! If you like waterproof mascaras and don't mind the clumping then you might like this but it just did not work for me. sad. :(

rated 1 of 5 on 4/21/2013 9:32:00 PM More reviews by kohk

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Seriously, this is the WORST mascara I've ever tried. I bought it after hearing Emily Noel rave about it and I've gotta say I'm very disappointed. I have dry skin and bought the waterproof version of this mascara. Even so, it smudges like crazy on my lower lid! I'm left with racoon eyes after only a couple of hours. Turns out it has a weird dry down. My eyelashes feel sticky to the touch, and I guess that's why it smudges so badly. Strangely enough, it is very hard to remove. As for the product general performance, besides the smudging, it doesn't do ANYTHING for my lashes: no curl, no length, no volume. The formula is clumply and kind of dry, so it is very difficult to comb it through my lashes. I can't even put on a second coat without getting clumpy spidery lashes. Again, WORST mascara I've ever tried. Too bad I bought it in the States while on vacation, because now that I'm in my country I can't even return it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2013 8:26:00 AM More reviews by hoangrl

After hearing great reviews about this mascara by Emilynoel, I will have to say that im actually disappointed in this mascara.

I like the mascara for the following reasons: I love the brush, the design is fab and i love bristle brushes/ its coats all my measly asian lashes. The mascara itself gives me really nice volume and length. And thats where the love stops.

This thing smudges like crazy on me! after a few hours i see smudging on my lower eyelids... booo disappointing because i really like everything else about this mascara! Maybe its because i didn't buy the waterproof version, but im still not happy as i have tried plenty of other non waterproof mascaras and they still don't smudge as bad as this.

Dont buy this, there is better out there.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/20/2013 5:01:00 AM More reviews by pictureperfect09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this after hearing Emily Noel, one of my absolute favorite youtube gurus, rave about it. I love her and she usually shares the same tastes as me so when I needed a new mascara I picked it up. At first, I liked the deep black color. It's not especially lengthening (ironic) but I liked the volume for an everyday look. I also liked how easy it was to apply. The liking stopped about there, bc it seemed to dry up far more quickly than other mascaras. Now the consistency limits about any lengthening and its just kinda clump. I find LashBlast (any formula really) to be a much better go-to everyday mascara.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2013 7:03:00 AM More reviews by ClaireF24

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

There have been a lot of negative reviews on this product, even on Beautipedia, but Emily Noel gave it a thumbs up, so I decided to give it a shot.

I really like this mascara. I am impressed with the formula and the brush. I haven't had any problems with it smudging or flaking (even after a two hour nap!), but I have normal skin with out any dryness or oiliness. I also use an eyeshadow primer (NYX HD) to keep any oiliness on my eyelids in check.

As for the formula, I am a falsies girl and this builds a LOT of volume without clumping, but you have to take your time with it. I can do up to three thin coats without a single clump. Usually, I curl my lashes, use Mary Kay's Lash Primer, then add two coats of Get Up and Grow in Blackest Black. I wait for it to dry down, then I add my falsies and add a final coat to blend everything together. I can't really say how much length it adds because my lashes are fairly long to begin with, I really just need the thickness.

The final thing I love about this mascara is the softness it imparts on my lashes. I don't like crunchy lashes, no matter how good they look, and this mascara stays pliable.

I gave it 4 lippies because I rarely give anything more than 4, so that is really my highest rating.

Good job, Almay!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/26/2013 6:50:00 PM More reviews by lipsofanangel56

I've never tried this product in the waterproof version, but the normal doesn't stick around very long. Given, for some reason my mascara smudges under my eyes even though I only wear mascara on the top. I have Asian eyes so maybe that has something to do with it, anyway. I love this to put on under my covergirl lashblast; I feel like this nourishes my lashes to prevent them from falling out because lashblast on its own can be pretty damaging to my eyelashes. I also like to wear a super super thin layer of this on my top and lower lashes at night because I know it will definitely wear off by the time I wake up, but I feel like it nourishes my lashes overnight as well. One night, I was really bored and so I experimented a bit with this mascara. I kept putting layer after layer of mascara on, and it looked pretty fabulous; I'll give it one thing, it does not clump! I absolutely hate clumpy lashes and this definitely does not clump. That experiment also proved how mcuh it smudges though, because before I was done putting on about 50 coats of mascara on, it was smudging under my eyes. I know that blinking can transfer product, but I've never had a problems with product transferring after I blink so this was a new experience for me. Overall, I do think this nourishes my lashes because i noticed a slight difference in strength, but it's not worth buying if you want it to be your one and only mascara.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/26/2013 10:20:00 AM More reviews by eyegu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Nice concept, but smudge city

rated 1 of 5 on 3/16/2013 12:55:00 PM More reviews by lavroxanna

This was my very first mascara. It was summertime, so I bought it in the waterproof version. I HATED this. It was very messy to apply, clumped quite easily, and smudged quite a bit. I won't repurchase in the future.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2013 1:55:00 PM More reviews by PaleBrunette

Natural finish macara that lengthens and holds a decent curl. Does not give a lot of volume, but most natural finish mascaras do not. I like the old school bristley brush. (The new rubber ones are hit and miss.) I give it a 5 because my lashes are noticeably longer! Ive used lash growing products that did not work as well.