Almay Get Up and Grow

3.5

Aqua (Water), Paraffin, Stearic Acid, Cera Alba ((Beeswax) Cire D'Abeille), Isododecane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Hydrogenated Polycyclopentadiene, C30-45 Alkyl Dimethicone, Cera Carnauba ((Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax) Cire de Carnauba), Trisiloxane, Triethanolamine, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Bis-Vinyl Dimethicone/Dimethicone Copolymer, Hydrogenated Olive Oil Stearyl Esters, Isosteareth-200 Linoleate, Acacia Senegal Gum, Panthenol, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein/PVP Crosspolymer, Phytantriol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Nylon-6, Simethicone, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Black 2 (CI 77266), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499).

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This is the BEST, and I didn't have to spend a ton of money. I curled my lashes first. Then, I only needed two coats. It's not a false-lash look for me, but it very, very close. This mascara really opened my hooded eyes. Buy this!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Without a doubt the best drug store mascara I've ever used. I never buy Almay and usually don't use drug store mascara, a friend told me to buy this, said its made her eyelashes visibly longer. I was blown away the first time I used it. It goes on smooth, no clumps, makes eyelashes look longer and fuller, for the , I am unbelievably impressed, enough that I may even give other almay products a try. I can't even understand any negative reviews. I just started using it so u don't know if my eyelashes will actually grow, here's hoping!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I keep coming back to this mascara even though I'm not an Almay fan. I cant say that my lashes are growing as a result of this formula but it's gentle, non-irritating, lasting (no raccoon eyes) and thickens my sparse, short lashes better than any mascara that touts itself for that purpose.

on 5/2/2013 1:23:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I love this mascara!!

I must admit, at first I was pretty disappointed. After the first application, it lengthens & adds a bit of volume. Nothing special compared to other mascaras I've used. However, after using it for 7+ months now, I gotta say I'm IMPRESSED!

My lashes are noticeably LONGER!! And even seems like I have more lashes!! So now when I apply this mascara, my lashes look even better.

You gotta stick to this product to see results. And for the price, it's totally worth it!

I purchased the waterproof version of this mascara after hearing a rave review from emilynoel83 on YouTube. I like the naturally dark eyelashes this mascara gives and the mascara scent is surprising a lot less mascara like and kind of sweet smelling. Length and volume are okay. The packaging is nice quality and the brush is a bristle brush (I'm normally a rubber brush user). The product has smudged on me (which is common for a lot of mascaras I use; my eyes water like crazy), but it's not the worst. I probably won't be repurchasing unless it's dirt cheap on sale.

on 4/25/2013 11:43:00 PM

I heard ppl rave about this mascara on youtube so I thought I'd give it a whirl. Turns out it clumps like crazy on my lashes! And I've never been a waterproof mascara type of girl so I don't know what I was thinking getting this mascara (since it's waterproof). The wear of this mascara is decent but by the end of the night when I'm taking off the mascara, it is completely dried up and flakes off when I try to wipe it off with my makeup remover. I think I even got a small piece of it stuck in my eye for a bit before I was able to fully get it all off...not a fun experience! If you like waterproof mascaras and don't mind the clumping then you might like this but it just did not work for me. sad. :(

on 4/21/2013 9:32:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Seriously, this is the WORST mascara I've ever tried. I bought it after hearing Emily Noel rave about it and I've gotta say I'm very disappointed. I have dry skin and bought the waterproof version of this mascara. Even so, it smudges like crazy on my lower lid! I'm left with racoon eyes after only a couple of hours. Turns out it has a weird dry down. My eyelashes feel sticky to the touch, and I guess that's why it smudges so badly. Strangely enough, it is very hard to remove. As for the product general performance, besides the smudging, it doesn't do ANYTHING for my lashes: no curl, no length, no volume. The formula is clumply and kind of dry, so it is very difficult to comb it through my lashes. I can't even put on a second coat without getting clumpy spidery lashes. Again, WORST mascara I've ever tried. Too bad I bought it in the States while on vacation, because now that I'm in my country I can't even return it.

on 4/20/2013 8:26:00 AM

After hearing great reviews about this mascara by Emilynoel, I will have to say that im actually disappointed in this mascara.

I like the mascara for the following reasons: I love the brush, the design is fab and i love bristle brushes/ its coats all my measly asian lashes. The mascara itself gives me really nice volume and length. And thats where the love stops.

This thing smudges like crazy on me! after a few hours i see smudging on my lower eyelids... booo disappointing because i really like everything else about this mascara! Maybe its because i didn't buy the waterproof version, but im still not happy as i have tried plenty of other non waterproof mascaras and they still don't smudge as bad as this.

Dont buy this, there is better out there.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I bought this after hearing Emily Noel, one of my absolute favorite youtube gurus, rave about it. I love her and she usually shares the same tastes as me so when I needed a new mascara I picked it up. At first, I liked the deep black color. It's not especially lengthening (ironic) but I liked the volume for an everyday look. I also liked how easy it was to apply. The liking stopped about there, bc it seemed to dry up far more quickly than other mascaras. Now the consistency limits about any lengthening and its just kinda clump. I find LashBlast (any formula really) to be a much better go-to everyday mascara.

on 4/1/2013 7:03:00 AM

There have been a lot of negative reviews on this product, even on Beautipedia, but Emily Noel gave it a thumbs up, so I decided to give it a shot.

I really like this mascara. I am impressed with the formula and the brush. I haven't had any problems with it smudging or flaking (even after a two hour nap!), but I have normal skin with out any dryness or oiliness. I also use an eyeshadow primer (NYX HD) to keep any oiliness on my eyelids in check.

As for the formula, I am a falsies girl and this builds a LOT of volume without clumping, but you have to take your time with it. I can do up to three thin coats without a single clump. Usually, I curl my lashes, use Mary Kay's Lash Primer, then add two coats of Get Up and Grow in Blackest Black. I wait for it to dry down, then I add my falsies and add a final coat to blend everything together. I can't really say how much length it adds because my lashes are fairly long to begin with, I really just need the thickness.

The final thing I love about this mascara is the softness it imparts on my lashes. I don't like crunchy lashes, no matter how good they look, and this mascara stays pliable.

I gave it 4 lippies because I rarely give anything more than 4, so that is really my highest rating.

Good job, Almay!