Remington T-Studio Pearl Curling Wand

4.6

on 6/28/2012 10:33:00 PM

I bought this on sale at Ulta. I have never really been a person who curls her hair because the curling iron and me don't really work well together. I decided to buy this to try it and maybe like to curl my hair. I find this tool easy to use and with the included glove is just the best way I have tried to curl my hair. By curly I mean wavy. I like how this makes your look be more like waves and not 1900s curls. I definitely would recommend it because its a good price and it does its job.

on 6/28/2012 10:18:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Great curling wand! Because I have curly hair, it is very easy to just grab this wand, turn it on(short heat up time) and put a few curls in my hair. I liked that it had different heat settings for me to choose from because my hair often gets mad at me(yes, mad!) and is very stubborn if the temp. gets too high. So, I put it on a lower setting and the curls will keep without hairspray.

on 6/21/2012 9:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I just bought this iron at Target for $24.99. Was trying to decide between this and the Conair one, and since the Remington was about $5 cheaper, I picked it. I've only used it once, but I really liked it. I have collarbone length, fine but dense, color-treated hair. With regular irons, it takes me about an hour to curl all of my hair. With this wand it took me 10-15 minutes! It made my hair really shiny and even though I didn't have any hairspray with me, the curl held surprisingly well. My only complaint is that the glove seems pretty useless, as I still felt like I was burning my fingers, even with the glove on. The thin material is not enough to really protect from the high heat of the iron. Seems like it was an afterthought on the company's part, but I can't fault the wand for that, because the wand itself is awesome.

on 5/29/2012 9:52:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

Pros: This wand heats up really fast, very light weight compare to many other irons in this particular "wand" type.

Cons are the glove only provide right hand which isn't always very comvenient , even with lowest setting 5 second holding it creates a very frizzy, dry, hard textured hair.

Overall the wand isn't too hard to adapt to Im sure with more practice it shouldn't be hard to master it. the wand does create the loosely beach waves, or if you held it horizontally it gives u a more retro wave. HOWEVER comparing it to my hot tools which creates very shinny beautiful curl that doesn't really last long. this wand create the pretty curls but with FRIZZ . I use it on the lowest setting since I have Thick, slightly natural curl hair . with any type of tools the lowest setting always held my curl all day without any problem. so with that being said I wasn't very much in concern of the heat, but even with the lowest heat setting my hair look sooo frizzy. I love the curls but I rather my hair look healthy instead of looking so frizzy as if I don't take care of my hair. I guess I will go back to my hot tools for now, at least it give me a more shiny hair thats just more sexy in my opinion.

on 5/29/2012 2:02:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I've only used a handful of times and I think I'm getting better at it, so if your curls don't look good the first time you use it, practice makes perfect! I have the 1 - 1 1/2 inch version and I wish I had gotten the smaller barrel for tighter curls, since my hair tends to not hold a curl very well and the bigger barrel makes looser curls that look more like waves on my hair after 5 minutes. By the end of the workday, my hair looks barely wavy, but that's more my hair than this curling iron's fault. I have fine hair and crank this up towards the higher temps and start with the under layers of my hair and work my way out to the top layers, holding each section of hair for at least 10 seconds. My hairstylist recommended spraying hair down with hairspray before curling to give the hair something to hold to, but I don't always do this because I find that it sets my hair before I'm able to curl it. The glove protects from the heat but it's not heat resistant so you'll still feel the iron through it and I'm careful not to grasp the barrel even when wearing the glove. This works better than hot rollers I've tried, but I've also noticed I've had tons more split ends after using this twice so I use this once a week at most.

on 5/28/2012 11:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Does the job and heats up well! Wouldn't need to buy it again :)

i have the flat more squared off one,i love the curls i get from it. the curls look really nice if you have long hair.

on 5/27/2012 10:40:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

The BEST curling iron ever! If you do not have the 1-1 1/2 inch version of this ... your life is not complete. This is so easy to use ... just wrap, hold and let it go! I don't even use my hot tools 1 1/4 inch anymore because of this amazing one! I tell everyone to get this when they ask about how I curl my hair. I dont use the glove. You can get beachy waves or really pretty Kim Kardashian curls. I love that it doesn't come out like "Taylor Swift Hair" like the Conair small one does! BUY THIS you will not regret it!

on 5/23/2012 7:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I purchased the wrap to waves (flat) wand and I love it it gets super hot and delivers nice shiney long lasting curls! Trasforms you into a Kardashianm (KIM) hahah i would recommend using this without the glove because you can still feel the heat.

on 5/17/2012 5:27:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

PROS

- heats up very quickly
- lock in temperature
- long-lasting curls
- creates loose to very tight curls

CONS

- glove does not protect from heat

COMMENTS

LOVE this. I received this as a birthday gift and I was very surprised how well this worked when considering how affordable it is. My hair curls easily - I have thin, naturally wavy hair that is quite long. However, curls typically go flat in less than an hour unless I use a ton of hairspray. My curls last all day without the use of any hairspray. I like how I can create different types of curls - from loose to very tight. I also love how fast this heats up - literally in a matter of seconds.

Will repurchase.