April 20, 2014 | 1696 users online

Lips - NYX - Soft Matte Lip Cream

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2013 7:18:00 PM More reviews by taylor123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Nyx is one of my favorite drugstore brands of all time but they're lip products are my favorite out of any other brand that exists, high end or drugstore. They come out with the best and more creative products and these matte lip creams are no exception.

-I own the shades Instanbul and Stockholm. Instanbul is a nude pink and Stockholm is a peachy caramel nude. Both are perfect for everyday and very neutral and easy to wear.
-the texture isn't a glossy or a lipstick. It's a very creamy, smooth moussey texture. Light as air and not heavy on the lips. Doesn't feel like your wearing anything at all.
-Even though they're matte, they're not drying whatsoever on the lips. However if you have dry or chapped lips beforehand I recommend using a lip scrub or a chapstick before applying these. They dry matte and on the lips and can accentuate any dry skin.
-they smell like vanilla cake batter. YUM!
-the price is amazing. 5 dollars at Ulta for me :D
-great range of colors. They have a couple reds, some peachy colors, coral shades, some pinks and fuscia colors. There's something for everyone.
-packaging is very small and compact. Perfect to go in your purse or a makeup bag. Plastic package with a rubberized black cap.
-I know this doesnt really matter but I LOVE the names they came up with. All after country capitals. Very creative.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/13/2013 12:56:00 PM More reviews by ravenska

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i have 3 color of this lipstick : antwerp, stockholm, and sao paolo

i think this is my HG matte lipstick..first i bought the stockholm, the nude one and it's amazing, because it's matte it looks like your natural lip color, so usually i'm adding burt bee's lip shimmer to give a fresher look

a few months after i bought the antwerp&sao paolo, the antwerp didn't really suit me, i have to mix it with lip balm or clear gloss but still i don't regret buying it

and my favourite is sao paolo, the color is i think fuschia and if i smudge it on my lips it looks like a lip tint, and what is so amazing about this lipstick is not drying and the staying power is quite long

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2013 8:31:00 PM More reviews by pinkhollogram

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I really like this! I only wear matte formulations on my lips, and they can be a bit dry.. The NYX matte lip cream is very smooth and not drying at all! It is super long lasting but will come off without a trace with makeup remover. I would definitely recommend, especially for the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/23/2013 10:33:00 AM More reviews by glamerous3059

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

yes! yes ! $5 and you better have more than one. extra cream can be worn alone or over lipstick. I love these well I love all nyx. check out my review on youtube-fearless femme.
you can not go wrong to keep those lips pretty and moisturized.
NYX is the greatest!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2013 5:27:00 PM More reviews by OneHelluvaMichelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've got these in Amsterdam and Antwerp. I like them both, but I like Amsterdam more. These smell a bit like vanilla frosting, but the smell fades pretty quickly so it doesn't bother me. They can be fairly drying. I wore Amsterdam for a few hours without needing a touch up, but did have to put some chap stick over it because my lips were so dry. After that, they were good as new.

The colors are really pigmented. One coat and they're opaque.

Amsterdam dries completely for me, but for some reason Antwerp will only dry most of the way. It doesn't "set" the way Amsterdam does, feels a bit tacky.

Overall, I really like these. I'll probably buy a few more in other colors.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2013 10:18:00 PM More reviews by DMlover

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really like this! I have it in the color SMLC12 Buenos Aires (picture attached) It's a stunning bright pinky-peach color perfect for summer. I took off one lippy because it is drying so make sure to exfoliate and wear a balm under. It smells delightful like cake frosting almost. I recommend this

rated 4 of 5 on 8/17/2013 7:20:00 PM More reviews by Eldeliciamua

I think these lip creams are absolutely the best thing since sliced bread!! I really like the vanilla scent I like the way they go on and feel. If you have thin lips they are great for drawing outside your lips to create a fuller pout. My favourite color is Antwerp it's a very beautiful coral! I would love then even more if they stayed on longer but have no problem touching up every 4 or so hours.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/11/2013 5:04:00 AM More reviews by veelui

4.5!! only thing is j wish it would stay on longer. i like that its not sticky, one reason i don't like lipgloss, and not waxy like lip balms, i love the nude colored shades, i will stock up next time i go to the mall

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2013 10:04:00 AM More reviews by OMGURTEEF

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have this in four shades - Stockholm (beige-y nude), Istanbul (light coral-y pink), Addis Ababa (bright pink), and Monte Carlo (deep red). I sort of need to review these shade-by-shade, but I'll start with the areas where they are similar first to save time.
The texture on all of these really is quite matte, but they all go on in a plush, soft cream and eventually dry down. I love the texture. I don't find any of them particularly drying, but they aren't necessarily moisturizing either.
Wear time on these is pretty fantastic. Because they are matte, they don't need to be locked in with a lip liner. No feathering, not much fading.
Packaging is great. I like the simple design (short of the uncanny amount of text on them - I can do without that), and the doe-foot applicator is a favorite of mine.
Now for the differences:
Stockholm is my reigning favorite at the moment. I love this when I'm in the mood for a Twiggy-inspired winged liner look with a matte nude lip. It's especially fun paired with the e.l.f. Lip Definer and Shaper. The color is the perfect nude for my complexion - it doesn't make me look dead or like I've put concealer on my lips. It's dark enough to obviously be a lip color, and it's light enough to be understated but still pretty. My lips look so plush and huge and it's very Angelina Jolie circa Girl, Interrupted. Love.
Next up is Addis Ababa. The color is slightly less pigmented than it appears on the tube, which was a little disappointing, however, layered over a fuchsia lipstick, it is amazing. On its own, it's a tad on the sheer side, but it does cast a gorgeous healthy pink flush over my lips and I love it for summertime. It's great with just BB cream and waterproof mascara for a gorgeous beach day look. Short of the misrepresentation of the color on the packaging, I feel this is a very pretty pop of pink.
Monte Carlo was another disappointment at first because it, like Addis Ababa, is quite sheer and not as deep red as I was hoping. It is, however, the perfect sheer red without coral undertones. Very pretty in Autumn if you are looking for a red that isn't the typical vampy shade. I don't use this one too often because I tend to lean toward either high-impact colors or beige nudes.
Istanbul is the only color I don't really like on me. I find it's a bit uneven when it applies, and it tends to wear funny, causing a very obvious contrast when the color ends and the inside of my lip begins. Looks quite chalky on me. Perhaps it would work better with a primer, but as these are matte to begin with, a primer might end up making them quite drying.
Overall, I find these to be a win. I'd like to try some other colors, as I think they are very convenient to carry around for on-the-go touchups. The packaging is durable enough to withstand the inside of a messy purse, and it's cheap enough that you can buy multiple colors and still not add up to the cost of one Chanel lipstick. I can dig that!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2013 10:19:00 PM More reviews by Saspants

Great lip color. Looks like a gloss but goes on creamy like a liquid lipstick. Dries to a nice matte finish. The color lasts for about 3-4 hours, even with eating and drinking. I like to let it dry thoroughly and then apply a layer of the NYX Butter gloss for a perfect lip.