October 24, 2014 | 1907 users online

Lips - NYX - Soft Matte Lip Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2014 6:20:00 PM More reviews by abiburgess

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

LOVE this. It lasts on my lips forever and is highly pigmented. Its cost is great and it smells wonderful.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/28/2014 10:46:00 AM More reviews by maisonsteffi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love the NYX soft matte lip creams! They're inexpensive but they deliver in terms of colour and longevity. The only downside is how little product each tube has. One tube can only last me about 15 applications. For the inexpensive price though I will definitely be repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2014 5:04:00 PM More reviews by MissLerina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

SELECTED SHADES: addis ababa (fuchsia), antwerp (red coral), buenos aires (soft coral), istanbul (soft pink), milan (mauve pink), sydney (soft lavender), tokyo (bubble gum pink)

PROS

- pigmented
- long wearing
- not drying
- scent
- nice texture
- shade selection
- not sticky

CONS

- application can be tricky when applied on bare lips

COMMENTS: The application of these can be tricky when applied over a lip balm or on bare lips as some shades may be streaky or cling onto dry patches very easily. I always apply these over a lip gloss and they still dry matte, but it makes the application a lot better and prevents dryness. I find these very comfortable to wear for that reason. When worn on bare lips, not so much. I love the texture, shade selection, and scent.

Shade I wouldn't repurchase: Addis Ababa - I don't find this one in particular to be very pigmented and isn't as bright as I hoped. It's a very neutral, bright pink.

Will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2014 2:13:00 AM More reviews by VioletShimmers

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

If you're looking for a lip product that will last all day, this is the one to pick up! These Soft Matte Lip Creams will cling onto the lips without drying them out. However, I tend to have abnormally dry lips, so I always take an extra precaution by applying lip balm generously first and letting it sink in before I apply the Soft Matte Lip Cream. I have the shades San Paolo, a deep rose shade, and Milan, a pinky shade. My trick to applying these is to use the wand to make a few dots on my bottom lip and then rub in the color with my finger. Then I'll press my lips together to distribute the color and add more if necesary. Slowly building up the color in sheer layers helps ensure that your lips won't look cakey or overdone. These do tend to look really bright and opaque unless you're careful.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2014 6:40:00 PM More reviews by bikerchick

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Another miss from NYX. I bought the shade Antwerp and thought it looked like a nice every day color, slightly pinky and coraly, not too bright yet still noticeable. The color is the only thing it has going for it. Sure, it goes on like a cream. Then within mere minutes dries to a hard, cakey, cracked hot mess. It does not matter how well I exfoliate and moisturize prior to application. It wears away very unevenly, leaving a ring of cakey ugliness around my mouth. So far I've been really disappointed with NYX as a whole. Out of the 10 or so products I have tried only one or two have worked for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/17/2014 4:39:00 PM More reviews by Mulan1

I really don't get the hype about this product. I purchased 2 colors, Buenos Aires and a coral shade that was recommended by many youtubers. I have light/medium skin and though these shades normally suit me they both looked terrible on me in this brand. It also accentuated all the dry skin on my lips. On the bright side, it smells delicious and definitely goes on creamy. It might have been better if I got it in a reddish shade and wore it at night, but in the daytime trying to do a natural look, this didn't work too well for me. I think this lip cream is best used over a lip balm and in darker shades. I don't think I'll repurchase this product again. I'll stick to MAC lipsticks.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2014 12:07:00 PM More reviews by dcobiellas87

Love it, I have tried their lipsticks and butter glosses, but these matte lip cream are the best.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2014 5:34:00 AM More reviews by moreyuna

pros:
- easy to apply
- cheap
- smell good (like ice cream)
- the formula is nice and lghweight
- various colors option

cons:
- color change (if you dont use lip base, the color will change into some lighter shade, but if you used some lip base or lip concealer the color will stay nicely)
- dry
- flaky

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2014 7:53:00 PM More reviews by Zannahquinn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

These are my H.G lip products! So perfect. I got Milan first and didnt like it at first but I love it now! It's a "your lips but better" shade (at least on me, I'm very fair). I just got Zurich, and I want Copenhagen so bad. The price is great! I tend to put chapstick over it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2014 6:38:00 PM More reviews by LizzyBerry

NYX IS PERFECT! They're my favorite lip brand and these are no exception. They feel like satin on my lips and have never dried me out. I have Stockholm and San Paulo right now, I want to buy a lot more colors. I find NYX to be super affordable too. You can't even find a lipstick at walmart now under $6 so I don't know why anyone would complain about the price, this is as cheap as it gets. I'd be afraid to put a $2 or whatever lipstick on my lips, I mean yikes what's even in something like that?!

They're also really long lasting and I get complimented all the time when I wear San Paulo. I think Stockholm is nice too but it's brown and with the color of my skin maybe it's too neutral. Either way it's still nice but not as striking as San Paulo.