February 28, 2015 | 1816 users online

Lips - NYX - Soft Matte Lip Cream (All)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2014 1:40:00 PM More reviews by Justminick

I love this stuff so much. I try not to fan girl over NYX, but this is a great product. It's matte, the packaging works well, it stays put, and it stays put for a LONG TIME. I can kiss my husband without losing it or getting it on his lips.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/31/2014 10:09:00 AM More reviews by Pennyenvy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This stuff is phenomenal. I bought San Paulo on accident while trying to buy more of the butter gloss.. I was pretty confused at first as to why it wasn't shiny.. But I figured it out and decided to put it to the ultimate test...

Bar night. And really, I put it through the ringer that night... Oops.

It stayed on through all of my drinks, and since I made the mistake of drinking both rum and vodka the same night (never a good idea).... There was unfortunate aftermath.. And it still stayed on!!.. AND after I passed out and woke up the next morning.. It was still there. Even while I was smashed, I would occasionally bring up how awesome my lipstick was.. Asking my best friend if it was still on. Yep.

I thought I had lost it after that night.. So I bought more the next day.

(And good news! I found the tube I thought I lost after that!)

I've since bought 3 more colors. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 10/18/2014 3:10:00 PM More reviews by adelinr

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Got this in ibiza and antwerp. They're amazing! Very pigmented and long wearing! They smell really delicious also! Looking forward into buying another shades tho

rated 4 of 5 on 9/29/2014 1:02:00 AM More reviews by Yvonneay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

These are really really pretty, soft looking, not drying, matte lip colors. It's amazing how I put on this color and it looks matte with a slight sheen that make my lips look so much softer. The color I got was San Paulo and I absolutely adore this color. I'm more on the natural/nude/light pink color kind of girl, but this color is beautiful and the matte finish makes it work even better.

The only thing I would have to say is that though when I have nice lips going on and I put this lip cream on it makes my lips look softer, when I have dry-er lips than normal, this lip cream doesn't flatter the flakes and cracks I have. My lips are constantly dry, and usually I just wear chapstick. What I haven't tried is wearing this lip cream with chapstick underneath... Might be worth a shot. Either way, I like this lip cream, and unlike the butter gloss/lipstick, this doesn't have a strong chemical taste in my mouth, so that's definitely a plus.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2014 3:37:00 PM More reviews by macabremakeup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this in shade "Stockholm" after hearing and seeing so many good reviews on this product (that shade in particular). I have to say, I LOVE IT. I prefer matte lip products, but I don't like the formula of many lipsticks that tend to dry out the lips. I swipe on some of this and let it set and my lips don't dry out at all (but they aren't moisturized either). I end up with a really nice nude shade for me that feels weightless. I often forget that I'm wearing anything on my lips when I wear this. I like the packaging and the doe foot applicator since it makes application pretty easy. The price is fine at $5.99 and is about the average price of lip products in my area at the drugstore (or more). I can't wait to try more shades in the line.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2014 10:46:00 PM More reviews by jtbeautyx3

This lip cream really surprised me! When I first applied it, it was weird. I was expecting a liquid consistency but it instantly felt very soft and strangely VERY lightweight. It doesn't even feel like I have any products on my lips. I bought Prague - beautiful magenta plum for fall and hoping to get Cannes!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/12/2014 10:16:00 PM More reviews by Em422

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was excited when I bought this because everyone seems to love it. I got the shade Tokyo.
Tokyo is a horrible shade. I thought it was a very nice pink nude but I looked dead when I applied it. I'm not only complaining about the shade. I wasn't impressed by the application. It went everywhere. It was also very liquid like which causes immediate bleed outside my lips. Instead of making my lips look nice, it made them look so bad. The texture is awful. The whole product is awful. I will be bringing this back.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/12/2014 12:04:00 AM More reviews by BrittAm95

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I am definitely a matte-lip person. All my go to lippies are matte so I figured a nice matte gloss would be perfect for me. I had also seen a tutorial online featuring these Nyx matte glosses in the shade 'Cairo'. I picked one up from Ulta and was very excited to take it home and try it out. It went on very nicely, good smell, amazing texture. I went back and bought four more, and I love them all!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/2/2014 2:27:00 PM More reviews by addkg777

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

these are really pretty lip colors and i love the way they turn into a lipstain after a few hours of wear. but thats just it. they have no staying power and soon they just look like a whisper on your lips. they are kind of cheap. theyre not too moisturizing so id exfoliant my lips beforehand.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/2/2014 2:08:00 PM More reviews by Emibumblebee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this product in the shade Antwerp (a warm rose colour that leans coral) a good while ago and I find myself regularly reaching for it. While it does feel a tad drying (nothing some good prep won't fix) and it does fade on the inner rim of the lips within a couple of hours, it doesn't transfer whatsoever and it's a true, pigmented matte. The doe foot applicator allows for a really clean line - a definite plus, and something some of my higher-end liquid lip colours don't have. Plus this makes for a FABULOUS long-lasting cream blush. If you don't like it on your lips you could absolutely buy a tube just to use on the cheeks.