April 24, 2014 | 1329 users online

Eye Shadow - Wet 'n' Wild - Color Icon Trio - Silent Treatment

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 10/29/2012 8:35:00 PM More reviews by lasherjlg

Love this palette. The colors are gorgeous and well pigmented. Used with a primer, the shadows stay on all day. I love how the WNW palettes all say "browbone", "crease", and "eyelid". This is very helpful for those who are starting out and need a little guidance on what to do with the colors. The "browbone" color is a pretty, satiny peachy-pink color. The "crease" color is a really pretty dark brown with a little peachy sparkle. The "eyelid" color is a light purple shimmer. For $2.99, I think the WNW palettes are absolute must trys.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2012 12:40:00 PM More reviews by ArtsyBre

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm loving Wet n Wild's Color Icon eyeshadows. This "Silent Treatment" trio is fabulous, and I find myself reaching for it a lot lately!
COLOR DESCRIPTION: The three colors in this palette are: a very light, satiny/pearly pink (beautiful highlight); a super dark, cool brown with gold shimmer; and a purple-toned gray with a satiny/pearly finish. I especially love the latter color, but they all work beautifully together.
FORMULA/CONSISTENCY: Although these are powder eyeshadows, I feel they're kind of creamy, soft, and easy to apply and blend.
COLOR PAY-OFF: These are very pigmented and show up on your eyes just as they do in the palette/pan.
STAYING POWER: The shadows stay on all day long, and I haven't even noticed significant creasing even without a base underneath.
PACKAGING: The packaging is simple, but great!
PRICE/AVAILABILITY: I've seen these trios at WalMart, Walgreen's, and Smith's Marketplace for fairly cheap, and I got mine from Smith's Marketplace. I can't remember exactly what I paid for it, but I want to say it was about $2.39, which is pretty good.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2012 10:21:00 AM More reviews by jmp24

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Not bad for the price, all shadows usable. The taupe one is a great all over lid color, and good for daytime because it's not too shimmery. The highlight color actually surprised me, I thought it would be really frosty - but it's perfect for low-makeup days when you don't feel like being bothered but don't want to leave your eyes totally bare. A light application leaves a soft, subtle sheen on your eyelids, and lasts all day if you use a little primer.

The dark color is less wearable for me, it's a deep brown winey color, with teeny gold sparkles. Better for night time, I think, but so far I have only used it smudged around my eyes as a liner. It stays put, always a good thing!

All in all, this is a good buy for the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/19/2012 9:25:00 PM More reviews by aeriekah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Bought this at my local swapmeet for 1.50:)

Colors are great and pigmented. I would use this everyday but I already have a go to palette. Instead I stash this in my car with other makeup items in case I need to touch up.

I like the fact that his it comes with two different type brushes.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2012 9:02:00 PM More reviews by autumnlee33

i love this trio
especially the lid color
pretty purple grey for the eyelid color
the crease is great for the outer corner
the highlight eh its too shimmery for a highlight but great for the inner corner
love this trio and will def. buy again!
plus its cheap!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2012 1:57:00 PM More reviews by patina11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The lid is color SO gorgeus. Wow!!! So beautiful and amazingly pigmented.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2012 9:03:00 PM More reviews by Angelamakeup

This was my very first Wet N Wild Palette ever. I've been seeing on youtube about how great they are. I picked this one because the reviews on here were so positive. Okay... I have to admit that it was not love at first application. It took about 4 times before I absolutely fell in love with it. It is currently my favorite drugstore palette. For $3 you can't go wrong! I love the bottom lilac color that is labelled for the eyelid!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2012 2:29:00 AM More reviews by PaulaNC

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a $2.99 winner from WnW! I used the darkest shade to plump up my wimpy eyeliner today, and it worked great. I used the lid shade in the crease, and the highlighter of course, on the brow bone. Worked beautifully on my NW 20 skin with green eyes. I've been trying to find a dupe for Bobbi Brown Cognac, and while the darkest shade isn't it, it does a good job. BTW Rust from NYX isn't even close as a dupe. I have returned eye shadow palettes right, left and center (cheap, expensive and middle of the road in price) due to outlandish and unflattering glitter. Yes, BE Ready too..I'm older and don't want to look cheap. While these do have some shimmer it isn't OTT. A great $3 cosmetics bucks spent! **If you are trying to open the packaging in a time crunch to get to work, forget it-I picked for 5 minutes and resorted to a kitchen knife to get it open.**

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2012 2:24:00 PM More reviews by SparkleBunny37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Wet n Wild's Trio in Silent Treatment is one of their very popular Color Icon Eyeshadow Trios. Wet n Wild says that their "coordinating trio shades take the guess work out of creating the perfect eye look. These how-to palettes are created to highlight, define, and accentual specific eye colors to create unique looks." Wet n Wild offers 12 Color Icon Trios, all of them are super pretty. I recently bought Silent Treatment on sale for $1.49. These trios normally retail for $2.99 for 3.5g (.12 oz). Wet n Wild does not test it's products on animals. These eyeshadows were made in China.
Like with most Wet n Wild products, packaging is really cheaply made. A black plastic tray with a clear flip up lid. The packaging cracks easily. A diagram explaining where to use each shade and some product info can be found on the back label. The label can be peeled up to show an ingredient list, but they always split on me, making the ingredients impossible to read. A small brush and sponge tip applicator are included, but they both suck, so I tossed them.
Silent Treatment is made up of three neutrals with a twist, the kind of shades Wet n Wild is really good at making. Each shade has the suggest placement carved into it. Of course you don't need to use the shadows in their assigned place, it's merely a suggestion, however they do look great as Wet n Wild intended. Wet n Wild promises "all day crease resistant color" from their eyeshadow formula, a claim easily achieved with eyeshadow primer. I haven't tested any Wet n Wild shadows without primer cause I think wearing shadows without primer is a silly, silly thing to do. As usual, the all over texture of the shadows is great. I'll go into more detail of each shade's exact texture in the next paragraph. I will warn you that these, and just about all Wet n Wild eyeshadows are extremely fragile and need to be treated with care, Silent Treatment is no exception. None of these three shades produces any noticeable fallout.
The eyelid shade is the reason I bought this trio. A pearly, mauvey taupe. I'd call this shade a boarder line duo-chrome. The tone of this shade varies greatly on how much you apply, how it's blended, the shades it's used with and the angle it's viewed from. On me it leans a bit more taupe usually. This shade is often compared to MAC's Satin Taupe, but I can't confirm that it's a dupe because I haven't tried Satin Taupe, I do want to though. This eyeshadow is a beautiful shade, complex and saturated with pigment and so, so blendable, but not so blendable that the color becomes muted. The texture in the pan and on the skin is so buttery soft and smooth, it's incredible. This trio is worth it for this shade alone.
The crease shade is interesting. It's a deep, plummy brown with gold and rose gold glitter. Though its still soft and blendable, it's texture is a little drier than the other two shades. Depending on how you apply it the crease shade can be quite intense or just a subtle hint of added depth. The drier texture of the crease shade stems from the matte base of the shade. The glitters can be blended away if you try hard enough.
The browbone shade gives Silent Treatment some warmth. This shade is quite soft, a little too soft, I've knicked it twice. The color is very soft and pigmented but not super saturated like the eyelid shade. The color is a yellow tinted peach with soft hints of shimmer. Like the other two shades it blends wonderfully and really pulls the look together.
Wet n Wild Color Icon Eyeshadow Trio in Silent Treatment is a well put together palette of unexpected but fully wearable neutrals. Each shade in this trio has a wonderful texture with top notch pigmentation and great blendability. Using these eyeshadows as directed creates a very pretty, light look that's great for any occasion and any time of day. I'm addicted to Wet n Wild's Silent Treatment, I've used it nearly every day since I bought it. Its going to be heard to break away from it to create new looks and test other eyeshadows. I will definitely repurchase this eyeshadow trio if I ever work my way all the way through it, which I can definitely see myself doing. I think this eyeshadow trio is going to be a go-to product when I go back to work. I think everyone needs Silent Treatment in their lives. It'll suit just about anyone and at $3 it's a product just about everyone can afford it with just their pocket change.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2012 7:54:00 PM More reviews by Hvnsntme33

Wow! I'm really impressed by these Wet n Wild eyeshadows! Now, I'm not a professional makeup girl or anything, but IMO these are AMAZEBALLS! The are very soft, pigmented and blendable. I really love the trio in particular for that bottom toupey shade! It's really pretty on the lids! And for 3 bucks... You can't beat it!