Cover Girl Lip Perfection

4.1

Ricinus Communis Seed Oil (Castor), Isopropyl Isostearate, Ethylhexyl Hydroxystearate, Acetylated Lanolin, Ozokerite, Euphorbia Cerifera Wax (Candelilla), Paraffin, Copernicia Cerifera Wax (Carnauba), Cetyl Alcohol, Cetyl Lactate, Fragrance, Ascorbyl Palmitate (Vitamin C), Tocopherol Acetate (Vitamin E Acetate), Butyrospermum Parkii Butter (Shea), Silk Powder, Maltodextrin, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Persea Gratissima Oil (Avocado), Propylparaben, Cocos Nucifera Oil (Coconut), Aloe Vera (Aloe Barbadensis) Extract, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Retinyl Palmitate, Mica, May Contain ( /-): Orange 5, Iron Oxides, Lauroyl Lysine, Titanium Dioxide, Red 27, Blue 1 Lake, Red 6 Lake, Red 7 Lake, Yellow 5 Aluminum Lake, Yellow 6 Aluminum Lake (CI 15985), Carmine

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

This product was very disappointing. I have never purchased a Cover Girl lipstick before, and based on this experience, I never will again. I wanted to try it because I had heard wonderful things and some of them were true. The pros:
- good pigmentation
- smooth texture that applies well
- decent lasting time

the cons
- horrible taste.

Now there is only one con but it is a big one. I have never had a problem with a lipstick in terms of the odour or taste being so problematic that I wouldn't use the product again. Sometimes I'm not to fond of the smell or taste but its a minor inconvenience and in time I do not notice. However, that was not the case with this. The taste is so vile that I actually had to wipe it off. I tried several times, hoping I would get used to it as I really liked the texture, colour and longevity (a couple of hours) but no. Each and every time I was extremely aware of this vile taste on my lips. Honestly it is like the lipstick is rancid or something. I feel as though it is toxic, that is how vile this taste is.
Now I'm not sure if I got a dud, but I doubt it. I purchased this at a store that has a very busy cosmetics section and there is a lot of product turnover. The taste is so bad I don't even want to risk trying another one. There are plenty of other lipsticks with similar colours and nice texture that do not taste awful.
I suggest ladies you try this out if you can. Definitely would not repurchase ever again.

on 2/4/2012 3:58:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really love this lipstick! I love the packaging and the price and the many color choices! I picked mine up at Target around $6 each. They were nicely sealed and the colors on the bottom are quite accurate to the actual lipstick, making it easier to decide. So far I have temptress and fairytale but I am definitely going back for more. They are very pigmented and last quite a while. Not too drying but then again I put Aquaphor under/over all lipsticks that I wear. Overall I really like these lipsticks.

on 1/14/2012 6:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Medium

Love this lipstick!!! Beautiful shades, long lasting, non-drying. I like the stain it leaves as it wears off!!! Less re-application ;)
For those of you who have trouble removing, dual phase eye makeup remover or cleansing oil does the trick for me. My 2 favorite shades are: Rush (MLBB) with Buxom Dolly l/g and Fervor, brightens my complexion and looks great with my red hair. I like the tubes as you can see the color on the bottom. Helps when you have 4 tubes ;)

on 12/30/2011 10:42:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This is a good product but can be drying. I have the color hot passion and it's bright red. With my ivory skin and dark brunette hair it looks great. I would go for a color a little more toned down though because it is pretty dramatic.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I have three of these, sultry, burn, and rich. And I love all three of them! This whole line, as the name suggests, is truly perfection! Gorgeous, pigmented colors, goes on super smooth and moisturizes your lips so well. It lasts long enough, but obviously not the whole day and inevitably you'd have to reapply if you want to stick to the vibrant color. All in all, excellent line--no matter what color would give you amazing pigmentation and moisture so I highly recommend this! :)

on 12/14/2011 10:30:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine

I bought two colors in this line, and the color payoff is quite nice for such a low price.

Smolder (205) is a nice warm red-brown shade that is suitable for day-to-day office wear. If I want extra sheen, I tend to pair this with Bath & Body Works' Cocoa Creme Liplicious Lip Gloss.

Enthrall (225) is a hot spicy red with a bit of gold shine that works as a fun pick-me-up on the weekend or as a great finishing touch to a party ensemble. (Extra plus, I got it for less than $0.50 with a coupon). To turn up the shine (and add a yummy scent to the air), I sometimes pair this with Bath & Body Works' Butterscotch Creme Liplicious Lip Gloss.

Overall, I like both shades because they work well for my warm skin tone, the color payoffs are great for the price, and they don't dry out my lips as quickly as other lipsticks have in the past.

on 11/25/2011 6:02:00 PM

I bought this in Heavenly, thinking it would be a nice medium pink. However, it turned out to be a coral-red on me! It looks okay on me if I use sparingly. It leaves a stain after it wears off. I will not repurchase, as the formula was somewhat drying on me.

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

Hair: Other, Other, Coarse

Last week I saw this girl wearing the most amazing fushia color and I could not stop thinking about how absolutely cool that bold shade looked on her.

I chose the shades by putting the end of the lipstick to the back of my hand (thank you CG for designing the end of the lipstick like that).

Bought 335 Embrace, 290 Burn, 320 Soulmate, and 380 Dazzle. After trying them on the minute I got home, I now want them all. I really do!

If you're a tan/olive skin tone like me, get 290 Burn. Go. Get it now. It's red with this golden sheen that will pick up against your skintone. At least it does on me... I thought at least 1/4 of the shades I picked up would turn out ok for me and I could exchange the rest or whatever...but now I'm keeping them ALL.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

These are pretty solid lipsticks. A few hours of even wear, neutral taste.

Definitely not moisturizing at all. Wish Covergirl hadn't marketed them as such. Then I wouldn't have been expecting it.

I have two colors. Desire is a very cool hot pink with fine shimmer. Flame is a creamy orangey-red in the tube that goes on with a little more pink. Both are lovely on the lips and as a sheer cream blush.

One word of caution if you're buying: while Covergirl sorts them by color pretty well in store, they don't list the finish anywhere. It's probably worth opening up the tube to check before spending money on a lipstick finish you hate.

on 10/19/2011 11:18:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

This lippie stays comfortable given you apply a good amount of it. It is drying when its fading, but I've yet tried a lipstick that doesnt do that.
That said, I don't really like the finish. It doesnt look like your lips. It looks muddy, like an uneven creme-gel coating your lips. Its specially noticeable with the lighter colors - because I have dark lips-. Im really angry becase i bought 4 of them, which came about $20 dollars. I only like the darker ones, because then i can dab them and use them as a stain. Wouldnt' repurchase because of the ugly cream-gel finish,

Popular Lipsticks