December 19, 2014 | 1189 users online

Lipstick - Cover Girl - Lip Perfection

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2011 10:30:00 AM More reviews by AzuraNyx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought two colors in this line, and the color payoff is quite nice for such a low price.

Smolder (205) is a nice warm red-brown shade that is suitable for day-to-day office wear. If I want extra sheen, I tend to pair this with Bath & Body Works' Cocoa Creme Liplicious Lip Gloss.

Enthrall (225) is a hot spicy red with a bit of gold shine that works as a fun pick-me-up on the weekend or as a great finishing touch to a party ensemble. (Extra plus, I got it for less than $0.50 with a coupon). To turn up the shine (and add a yummy scent to the air), I sometimes pair this with Bath & Body Works' Butterscotch Creme Liplicious Lip Gloss.

Overall, I like both shades because they work well for my warm skin tone, the color payoffs are great for the price, and they don't dry out my lips as quickly as other lipsticks have in the past.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/25/2011 6:02:00 PM More reviews by cchughes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this in Heavenly, thinking it would be a nice medium pink. However, it turned out to be a coral-red on me! It looks okay on me if I use sparingly. It leaves a stain after it wears off. I will not repurchase, as the formula was somewhat drying on me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2011 2:18:00 PM More reviews by BeFineFilipina

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

Last week I saw this girl wearing the most amazing fushia color and I could not stop thinking about how absolutely cool that bold shade looked on her.

I chose the shades by putting the end of the lipstick to the back of my hand (thank you CG for designing the end of the lipstick like that).

Bought 335 Embrace, 290 Burn, 320 Soulmate, and 380 Dazzle. After trying them on the minute I got home, I now want them all. I really do!

If you're a tan/olive skin tone like me, get 290 Burn. Go. Get it now. It's red with this golden sheen that will pick up against your skintone. At least it does on me... I thought at least 1/4 of the shades I picked up would turn out ok for me and I could exchange the rest or whatever...but now I'm keeping them ALL.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/1/2011 9:31:00 PM More reviews by I0minutelovesong

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

These are pretty solid lipsticks. A few hours of even wear, neutral taste.

Definitely not moisturizing at all. Wish Covergirl hadn't marketed them as such. Then I wouldn't have been expecting it.

I have two colors. Desire is a very cool hot pink with fine shimmer. Flame is a creamy orangey-red in the tube that goes on with a little more pink. Both are lovely on the lips and as a sheer cream blush.

One word of caution if you're buying: while Covergirl sorts them by color pretty well in store, they don't list the finish anywhere. It's probably worth opening up the tube to check before spending money on a lipstick finish you hate.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/19/2011 11:18:00 PM More reviews by Juno77

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This lippie stays comfortable given you apply a good amount of it. It is drying when its fading, but I've yet tried a lipstick that doesnt do that.
That said, I don't really like the finish. It doesnt look like your lips. It looks muddy, like an uneven creme-gel coating your lips. Its specially noticeable with the lighter colors - because I have dark lips-. Im really angry becase i bought 4 of them, which came about $20 dollars. I only like the darker ones, because then i can dab them and use them as a stain. Wouldnt' repurchase because of the ugly cream-gel finish,

rated 4 of 5 on 10/12/2011 8:20:00 PM More reviews by buttonnw20

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this lipstick on a whim and went back for more! I own the colors sultry, delish and heavenly. Each are beautiful! Sultry is a dusty mauve-y nude? Basically, MLBB! Delish I would describe as a slightly darker peachy nude and Heavenly is a pretty midtone yellow based pink.

I'm in love with the formulation. Hands down, the most long wearing formulation on my lips. Usually, my lip colors are gone within the hours, but these last a little passed half the day, which is amazing for me. Nice color range and would buy over and over again.

Took off 1 lippie because they can be drying (on me.)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2011 10:46:00 PM More reviews by Peaches1027

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this on accident. I thought it was the Maybelline Color Sensational brand, and when I got it home and tried it on I knew I'd purchased the wrong product. The color I purchased is Temptation #285, which is a bright coral that leans towards orange. I really like the color. The formula feels nice and creamy at first, but it fades to a stain very quickly and dries out my lips so much that they are uncomfortable. I gave it two lippies because it's long lasting and inexpensive. I think Cover Girl was trying to copy the Maybelline Color Sensational lipsticks, and they missed the mark. I recommend Maybelline instead.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/2/2011 1:47:00 AM More reviews by AubreyLenore

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I really love this lipstick! It has a nice semi-matte finish and lasts for a very long time. Even after it wears off, it leaves my lips stained. Because of the finish, sometimes my lips feel a little dried out, but I think I have extra dry lips or something (should probably drink more water!). The colors I have are:
Hot: a vivid true red that looks very dramatic with my coloring (pale redhead). For some reason, this shade stains my lips bright pink.
Divine: a violet shade that is much more flattering than it looks in the tube. Looks great on cool-toned people.
Temptress: bright true pink. It's kind of a Barbie pink
Fervor: a medium browny plum. This shade just does not look right on me, it is too dark and brown for my super-white skin.
Spellbound: bright fuschia. This is really pretty: not too purple or too pink. And fuschia lips are in now!
Darling: A medium mauve-y pink.

Of the shades my favorites are probably Hot, Spellbound, and Darling. This is a lipstick that is definitely worth trying.

EDIT: I had to take one lippie away because every shade stains my lips pink. It's annoying but not a deal-breaker.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2011 5:02:00 AM More reviews by deannahh

Very good look. Great color selection. CG'S selection are pretty spot on, but you can easily go off. You'll probably buy more than one. I bought four but all in my colormatch

rated 4 of 5 on 9/23/2011 1:16:00 PM More reviews by Tahoe77Chelle

I really love this product. I am impressed with all the shades I have gotten and the wear and formula are spot on. Great way to try colors you wouldn't normally try (especially if they are on sale!).

They are not AS moisturizing as they claim...not drying by any means though. The one downside is the scent. I am not sensitive to scents and I can smell this one my lips. Just be sure to wipe off before eating or your food may taste perfume-y.