October 31, 2014 | 882 users online

Lipstick - Cover Girl - Lip Perfection

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2011 2:18:00 PM More reviews by BeFineFilipina

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

Last week I saw this girl wearing the most amazing fushia color and I could not stop thinking about how absolutely cool that bold shade looked on her.

I chose the shades by putting the end of the lipstick to the back of my hand (thank you CG for designing the end of the lipstick like that).

Bought 335 Embrace, 290 Burn, 320 Soulmate, and 380 Dazzle. After trying them on the minute I got home, I now want them all. I really do!

If you're a tan/olive skin tone like me, get 290 Burn. Go. Get it now. It's red with this golden sheen that will pick up against your skintone. At least it does on me... I thought at least 1/4 of the shades I picked up would turn out ok for me and I could exchange the rest or whatever...but now I'm keeping them ALL.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/1/2011 9:31:00 PM More reviews by I0minutelovesong

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

These are pretty solid lipsticks. A few hours of even wear, neutral taste.

Definitely not moisturizing at all. Wish Covergirl hadn't marketed them as such. Then I wouldn't have been expecting it.

I have two colors. Desire is a very cool hot pink with fine shimmer. Flame is a creamy orangey-red in the tube that goes on with a little more pink. Both are lovely on the lips and as a sheer cream blush.

One word of caution if you're buying: while Covergirl sorts them by color pretty well in store, they don't list the finish anywhere. It's probably worth opening up the tube to check before spending money on a lipstick finish you hate.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/19/2011 11:18:00 PM More reviews by Juno77

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This lippie stays comfortable given you apply a good amount of it. It is drying when its fading, but I've yet tried a lipstick that doesnt do that.
That said, I don't really like the finish. It doesnt look like your lips. It looks muddy, like an uneven creme-gel coating your lips. Its specially noticeable with the lighter colors - because I have dark lips-. Im really angry becase i bought 4 of them, which came about $20 dollars. I only like the darker ones, because then i can dab them and use them as a stain. Wouldnt' repurchase because of the ugly cream-gel finish,

rated 4 of 5 on 10/12/2011 8:20:00 PM More reviews by buttonnw20

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this lipstick on a whim and went back for more! I own the colors sultry, delish and heavenly. Each are beautiful! Sultry is a dusty mauve-y nude? Basically, MLBB! Delish I would describe as a slightly darker peachy nude and Heavenly is a pretty midtone yellow based pink.

I'm in love with the formulation. Hands down, the most long wearing formulation on my lips. Usually, my lip colors are gone within the hours, but these last a little passed half the day, which is amazing for me. Nice color range and would buy over and over again.

Took off 1 lippie because they can be drying (on me.)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2011 10:46:00 PM More reviews by Peaches1027

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this on accident. I thought it was the Maybelline Color Sensational brand, and when I got it home and tried it on I knew I'd purchased the wrong product. The color I purchased is Temptation #285, which is a bright coral that leans towards orange. I really like the color. The formula feels nice and creamy at first, but it fades to a stain very quickly and dries out my lips so much that they are uncomfortable. I gave it two lippies because it's long lasting and inexpensive. I think Cover Girl was trying to copy the Maybelline Color Sensational lipsticks, and they missed the mark. I recommend Maybelline instead.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/2/2011 1:47:00 AM More reviews by AubreyLenore

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I really love this lipstick! It has a nice semi-matte finish and lasts for a very long time. Even after it wears off, it leaves my lips stained. Because of the finish, sometimes my lips feel a little dried out, but I think I have extra dry lips or something (should probably drink more water!). The colors I have are:
Hot: a vivid true red that looks very dramatic with my coloring (pale redhead). For some reason, this shade stains my lips bright pink.
Divine: a violet shade that is much more flattering than it looks in the tube. Looks great on cool-toned people.
Temptress: bright true pink. It's kind of a Barbie pink
Fervor: a medium browny plum. This shade just does not look right on me, it is too dark and brown for my super-white skin.
Spellbound: bright fuschia. This is really pretty: not too purple or too pink. And fuschia lips are in now!
Darling: A medium mauve-y pink.

Of the shades my favorites are probably Hot, Spellbound, and Darling. This is a lipstick that is definitely worth trying.

EDIT: I had to take one lippie away because every shade stains my lips pink. It's annoying but not a deal-breaker.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2011 5:02:00 AM More reviews by deannahh

Very good look. Great color selection. CG'S selection are pretty spot on, but you can easily go off. You'll probably buy more than one. I bought four but all in my colormatch

rated 4 of 5 on 9/23/2011 1:16:00 PM More reviews by Tahoe77Chelle

I really love this product. I am impressed with all the shades I have gotten and the wear and formula are spot on. Great way to try colors you wouldn't normally try (especially if they are on sale!).

They are not AS moisturizing as they claim...not drying by any means though. The one downside is the scent. I am not sensitive to scents and I can smell this one my lips. Just be sure to wipe off before eating or your food may taste perfume-y.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2011 12:58:00 AM More reviews by Amille21

Love this lipstick. Creamy, moisturizing, and long-lasting (especially when used over a lip balm).

I enjoyed the stain after the lipstick wore a bit, but disliked it when I couldnít get it off at night, sometimes even with a makeup remover wipe. This can be a problem especially if I wore a bright pink lip one day and the next I want to do a nude lip.

Hereís a tip to help prevent too much staining:

Apply lip balm first. Then apply the lipstick to finger and dab on lips. After that you can apply the lipstick straight from the tube for full coverage. Not only does the lipstick take longer to fade, but the stain wonít be as obnoxious, as sometimes it can be.

Hereís a tip for stain removal:

After wiping the lipstick off apply some honey to your lips and let it sit (I like to do this right before I step into the shower and rinse it off when Iím done). Honey is good at removing some of the stain and is a great humectant for your lips, also over time from using it you may notice a slightly fuller pout. ;)

After the shower and before I brush my teeth, and while my lips are dry, I apply some honey to the back of my hand and add a small amount of my Laura Gellar lip scrub (or you could use a little bit of sugar). I exfoliate my lips for about 10-30 seconds. And there you have it.. Stain should be gone.

Hope this helps!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2011 8:27:00 AM More reviews by tightkitty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Grey

I love these lipsticks. They're perfect for when you want some lasting coverage, but don't want to paint those very long lasting lip colors on that I hate since they are so drying...these aren't to me very creamy and soft. Very nice quality lippies for drugstore and better then a lot of lippies at Macys also.I bought it more for the formula, but the colors are great and so many to choose from. It's sooo creamy.. none of the tightness that other lipsticks give you. I got lush and sultry and plan on getting more