MAC False Lashes

3.5

on 2/1/2013 12:27:00 AM

Don't know if anyone remembers, but this was originally a Prescriptive's mascara. When estee lauder shut down Prescriptive's they took the formula and gave it a MAC sku.

I was not a fan of the mascara at Prescriptive's nor am I a fan of it at Mac.

on 1/28/2013 6:52:00 AM

This mascara was surprisingly disappointing for me as it didn't deliver anything close to a 'false lash' effect. It did add a little length, smidge of volume, and decent separation even with 4 to 5 coats. Personally not a mascara I'll buy again and it's gone straight into my Back 2 Mac pile.

on 1/10/2013 5:10:00 PM

I dont know what the inventors over at MAC were thinking when they decided to name this mascara False Lash. Whether you get it in original version or the extreme black it SUCKS SO SO BAD! IT DOES NOT GIVE YOU A FALSE LASH LOOK OF LASHES!! Its so far from looking full and long that its irritating they named it false lash. Honestly their Opulash mascara give more volume and length than this none sense. No matter how many coats you put on it will never give good results.

on 11/11/2012 2:29:00 PM

I like this mascara a lot. The only problem is I feel like its really dry, so the mascara left in the tube is already pretty dry. Other than that it works really well.

on 10/1/2012 3:00:00 PM

LOVE this mascara! Best MAC mascara I have tried so far. I have also tried Studio Fix (hated it) and Plush Lash (brush way too big.) This makes my lashes long and luscious and barely clumps at all. My lashes are naturally long anyway so I always run a lash comb through them after applying any mascara. Doesn't smudge on its own but is definitely not waterproof (don't wear in any situations where you might cry!) Hasn't irritated my contacts or anything, will definitely buy this again even though it's triple the price of my usual Covergirl Lashblast!

It's not a bad mascara in terms of all the mascaras I've ever used, but is it bad for the price? Yes. (1) The formula doesn't bond to my lashes well and I have to put 3 or 4 coats on before I'm satisfied that I've got enough on. Which means, not a very good volume ratio. (2) It anti-curls my lashes. While it's marketed as curling, I've noticed that it has the effect of taking away the curl that I achieve with my curler once I put it on. I don't now if it's because of the formula or the weight, but either way, not good. (3) I don't know the brush. It doesn't seem to distribute the product evenly down to the ends of my lashes. I have to twirl it in a really strange way to get it to work properly and that takes WAY too much effort.

All in all, not a product I would buy again. Sad, because I wanted to like it!

on 8/5/2012 8:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I liked this mascara but i def didnt love it. I already have great lashes and this just didnt do much of anything. it has a greatbrush and if i put on 5 coats of it, it just barely worked. I def prefer loreal million lashes and always end up back with loreal.

on 7/13/2012 11:26:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Like a lot of folks here on MUA I am on a quest for my HG mascara. I've been through probably dozens of brands in the last ten or so years and it was very recently that I really got "into" makeup. I was in Macy's and was walking by the MAC counter, got curious, and after talking to one of the sales reps there he recommended this to me.

My lashes: There, but not super full. Kind of a medium brown color, about average length.

What I want: VaVaVoom.

This mostly fits the job. One coat and you can certainly see my lashes better. They are fuller, they stand out, and if I take the time to do more than one coat they look a lot longer too. I don't think there's as much drama as I'm looking for, and if I'm going for hugenormous lashes and have time I'll go ahead and put on falsies. I'm still going to keep an eye out for my perfect mascara, but until "the one" shows up in my life, I'll be using this one.

I would have given this a five star, but the one thing that bugs me about this product is that it can smudge very easily. I live in the southeast United States, where heat and humidity in the summer are ridiculous on a good day, so if I wear this mascara out I find myself looking in the mirror a good bit more often than I would to make sure I don't have raccoon eyes.

I Likeed this Mascara better then all the other Mac Mascara's I have tried, it gave me considerable amount of length to my lashes, but doesn't really give as much volume as I would have wanted. The bottle also dried up faster, i don't know why. I am not really a fan of MAC's mascaras but they are a couple dollars cheaper then most of the brands at sephora as well as other brands ester lauder , chanel, act. I may buy this mascara again in the future, the only MAC mascara I would buy again, and I also combine this will another mascara to get length and volume.

on 5/8/2012 8:23:00 AM

I'm hard to please when it comes with mascaras, because since I have long blonde lashes, it's hard to find a good mascara that darkens, adds volume and curls my stick straight lashes. This mascara gave me a pleasant surprise - I'm actually really happy with how it looks! It gives a fairly dramatic lift, and darkened my lashes so you can see the full extent of their length. My only negative is that it dried out fairly quickly for me (by quickly, I mean 3 months. Not THAT quickly!) and even though it's good, it's not excellent - I'm still searching for a better mascara that I think could be out there. So far this is one of the best I've tried, and one I'd come back to.

Popular Mascaras