October 2, 2014 | 1754 users online

Lips - Burt's Bees - Rose Tinted Lip Balm

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 3/26/2012 5:50:00 AM More reviews by cmannequin

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I love the concept; slight color with the benefits of a lip balm? hell yes! I dont know why, but this just didnt work. Formula isn't very..solid? Melts a bit in my pocket during school and that has never happened to me, regardless whether its summer or not. So when I go to apply it, its very soft and overall messy. The red color looks very pretty swatched, but it looks very off against my yellow undertoned skin; makes my skin look very sallow. Besides you do have to be careful when applying this because once I applied it like a normal lip balm, later in the day my friend told me it bled a bit past my lip line. The scent is also off putting for me, and this is not as moisturizing as soft lips, eos, or the regular burts bees. For $10, this really isnt worth it. Id rather buy a palladio tinted lip balm or a korres lip glaze

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2012 3:09:00 AM More reviews by ohtigerlily

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

a bit too expensive, but it's worth it. moisturizes my lips, and i look great! i had somewhat dry lips before and only a week or so of (infrequent) usage, my lips are silky smooth!!

i do not know what i would do without them!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2012 4:04:00 PM More reviews by julalg

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is great! It's the perfect amount of pigmentation for me, not too dark or too sheer, and is also very moisturizing. It really brightens up my face in a subtle way. I like the smell, even if I can't quite put finger on it. I was a little disappointed in the size of the tube because of the weird cardboard outer packaging and higher price, but given all of the pros to this product, I will still buy again!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2012 5:35:00 AM More reviews by shine4739

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I loooove it!
Leaves your lips silky and has a decent colour. and it smells amazing even without containing any perfume :)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/7/2012 4:11:00 PM More reviews by coppersnowflake

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I just purchased my second tube of this today. The rose tint gives my lips a very flushed look, but it's sheer enough to apply without a mirror (and it doesn't have that annoying shimmer that their other tinted lip balms have). Of course, it doesn't really stay on for the amount of time, say, lipstick does, but then it isn't lipstick. It glides on super smoothly and keeps my lips hydrated. Minus one lippie for: $7.00/tube=overpriced. Otherwise, I love this stuff--it's the perfect amount of color for me as I like to keep my face looking as natural as possible.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/25/2012 10:25:00 PM More reviews by courtenayg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I like the consistency of this product, nice and slippery on your lips. The flavour is good, subtle. The colour looks like I bit my lips, which is rather natural looking. HOWEVER, I don't think it's moisturizing at all. As soon as the product has absorbed, which only takes a few minutes, my lips were dry again. And once my lips were dry, the tint settled into the lines in my lips. Overall, I wouldn't re-buy something that involves so much reapplication.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2012 3:46:00 PM More reviews by aljeca

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I like this! I read about this particular lip balm and colour in Glamour magazine (or possibly Women's Health?), it was rated as a readers favourite lip balm. I have purchased Burt's Bees shimmer lip balms in the past, but I never really loved the shimmer in them, lol, and they weren't very moisturizing. I get VERY dry lips in the winter and normally rely on the Blistex blue tubs to get me through the season. This is nice, though. I find it's moisturizing enough that I don't need to use anything with it. The colour is subtle but I can still notice the difference between it and my natural lip colour. It's very natural looking but healthy looking. I don't really like wearing lip gloss or lipstick (find they don't ever last and are therefore not worth it to me) but this I like and will continue to wear.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2011 7:00:00 PM More reviews by theinfinitepet

The rose color for this lip balm is not too pigmented, but not too sheer. It is also a very nice, neutral color to wear during the day. The lip balm itself is very moisturizing. Overall I was pretty satisfied with the product, but I think that the price is a little higher than it should be.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2011 6:38:00 PM More reviews by trickmaus

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I kept hearing amazing things about this, so I was really excited to try it. I ended up paying over 8 dollars for what I thought would be a chubby little lip balm - it ended up being the size of my regular chapstick. I tried applying it, and looked in the mirror - nothing. I couldn't tell any difference between my natural lip pigment, and where I had applied this. On top of this, it wasn't moisturizing at all. Like many Burt's Bees products, for me, the best part of this was the scent.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/30/2011 9:55:00 PM More reviews by ready2wear

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

This is quite a horrible lip balm. I gave it two stars because the color tone and pay off was more or less what I was looking for (it is very sheer, almost unnoticeable on the lips but it evens out the tone of my lips). However, it is terribly drying. After wearing this for an hour my lips are screaming for moisture and are peeling by the end of the day. I missed the period of time to return it, so just to use it up (since it was not as cheap as I would have liked) I have been putting it on over another balm, and even over a good balm this makes my lips DRIER than when I started. A lip balm should not dry out lips at all! Not buying this again and I probably will throw out the tube I have even though there is plenty of product left in it.