April 18, 2014 | 903 users online

Lips - Burt's Bees - Rose Tinted Lip Balm

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2011 6:38:00 PM More reviews by trickmaus

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I kept hearing amazing things about this, so I was really excited to try it. I ended up paying over 8 dollars for what I thought would be a chubby little lip balm - it ended up being the size of my regular chapstick. I tried applying it, and looked in the mirror - nothing. I couldn't tell any difference between my natural lip pigment, and where I had applied this. On top of this, it wasn't moisturizing at all. Like many Burt's Bees products, for me, the best part of this was the scent.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/30/2011 9:55:00 PM More reviews by ready2wear

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

This is quite a horrible lip balm. I gave it two stars because the color tone and pay off was more or less what I was looking for (it is very sheer, almost unnoticeable on the lips but it evens out the tone of my lips). However, it is terribly drying. After wearing this for an hour my lips are screaming for moisture and are peeling by the end of the day. I missed the period of time to return it, so just to use it up (since it was not as cheap as I would have liked) I have been putting it on over another balm, and even over a good balm this makes my lips DRIER than when I started. A lip balm should not dry out lips at all! Not buying this again and I probably will throw out the tube I have even though there is plenty of product left in it.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/25/2011 7:06:00 PM More reviews by majanet

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Of the five I tried, this is my second favorite (after Pink Blossom) - and I think the reason is because of the production. Color is not uniform in the tinted balms - I am as pale as they get, and Rose should have had deeper, more uniform color than Pink Blossom. It did not. What color it did have was lovely. You should be able to put on tinted balm the way you'd put on chapstick, but the uneven color in the tube means you have to stop and check. As someone who can put on lipstick and stay in the lines without a mirror (Dave Letterman? I have your Stupid Human Trick of the Year!), I am not interested in stopping for something I bought at Fred Meyer.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2011 10:35:00 AM More reviews by amarna_princess

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I would have been mislead by the size of the product had I not shamelessly peeked before buying. >< This shows up as a pretty tint on me, some actual color! I wanted a rosy red balm, and here it is. Not too bright or warm, just rosy and healthy. Just a small amount of gloss, looks very natural. I wouldn't call this the most moisturizing balm, but it does add some moisture, I usually carry another balm with me just in case. The price is kind of ridiculous ($6.99 I think?) but I'd pay it for this color. Really. I would. Also has a light and pleasant sweet smell.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2011 8:46:00 PM More reviews by dumpling

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I agree about the misleading packaging- you think you are getting a jumbo, chubby balm and instead you get a rather small, chapstick sized tube. However, that said I love this balm as it adds just the most most subtle hint of rosy colour to your lips - it is not a lipstick after all. If you want a more pigmented balm like product then try the Bobbi Brown or Laura Mercier equivalents, of course they are more expensive. I find that even though I have quite pigmented lips naturally, this just makes them look and feel so much better. I like that this very discreet and doesn't look like you are wearing make up , it isn't as gloosy as the Fresh balms and the colours are more muted perfect for days when you want a very low key , not quite made up look .

rated 3 of 5 on 11/4/2011 10:29:00 PM More reviews by Loopachu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I was looking for a red or rosy balm that would add some moisture in the winter. On me, this hardly shows up, even if I pack it on, which is odd because it looks so red in the tube. The packaging led me to believe it was a much bigger balm than it is (it's chapstick sized).

It feels pretty moisturizing on, and has some kind of a fruity scent (I want to say cherry?) but I feel kind of silly paying $6.99 for glorified chapstick. If you want an appreciable red tint, give this a pass. A very light one, it might be up your alley.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2011 12:19:00 PM More reviews by Chickadee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this in a set with one of the Lip Shimmers in the skinny packaging. This is nothing like the original Burts' Bees lip balm. It's not minty, and it is somewhat drying on my lips. I much prefer the ones in the skinny packaging, they are nothing like this. The color is very pretty and natural, but what's the point if it messes up your lips and makes them dry?

rated 3 of 5 on 11/1/2011 9:07:00 AM More reviews by sweetyoungthing

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

Out of the other tinted lip balm's I have tried from Burt's Bees, I like Rose the best. It's not too much, it's really just enough if you're on the run and want a tiny bit of color and some moisture. It's a very light tint.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/27/2011 7:24:00 PM More reviews by jacwinks

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm a self proclaimed lip balm junkie and this stuff is awful! It dried out my lips. I think all Burt's Bees lip products are junk but this takes the freakin' cake. Thank goodness I could return it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2011 9:55:00 AM More reviews by euroasian

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

I purchased Rose, Hibiscus, and Pink Blossom on a tinted lipbalm binge. I find that they are moisturising and have the perfect amount of colour payoff (it's a "tint" afterall). The packaging, like everyone else mentioned, is superfluous (shame on you Burt!) and definitely adds to the $7something price tag.

Because everyone here mentioned that Rose was a dupe of Fresh's Rose I did a swatch test. I checked it in the sun, in the shade, and in artificial lighting. While Burt's Rose is close, it's not a dead-on dupe. Burt's was obviously warmer, peachy-based, while Fresh's was cooler, berry-based. I love both of them and find that both provide a good amount of moisture to my lips, though I am partial to the tone of Burt's Rose. HTH.