September 23, 2014 | 957 users online

Cleansers - LUSH - coal face soap

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2012 4:09:00 PM More reviews by menda

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I'm really impressed with the Coalface soap. It makes my face feel absolutely clean and oil-free, which is not the case with the other Lush cleansers I have tried (Dark Angels, Aqua-Marina, Herbalism). I love how my face stays matte for a few hours -- it's quite an achievement for my oily skin.
It is somewhat similar to Dark Angels, but there are not as many scrubbing particles in Coalface, which is nice, because I hate harsh scrubs.
And the soap bar lasts very long, so I don't mind the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2012 10:12:00 AM More reviews by Amyjj

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am writing this review on behalf of my boyfriend, who would always roll his eyes at my LUSH obsession, til I eventually persuaded him to ask one of the store workers for a sample of this for his oily, spot-prone teenage skin.
His spots have been reduced, he feels clean and refreshed without being dried out. Now he's more than happy to come to the store with me and i'll be purchasing a big lump of this for him as one of his birthday presents. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2012 4:26:00 PM More reviews by cat1201

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've used Coalface for a few years on and off now, and now I am back to using it full time and I'm really happy with it. I can't imagine someone using it who doesn't have oily/combination skin enjoying it, it leaves your skin very fresh and clean but for those with drier skin it might feel a bit tight and a little too dry. It is good value for money, it costs 4.50 for a bar of it. I cut it up in to slices and have used about a quarter of the bar over the last 2 months so it works out at good value. I have tried all of the Lush cleansers and this is my favourite. Leaves your skin feel fresh, and I love the smell too!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2012 7:00:00 AM More reviews by MissJenn909

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Coalface Cleanser is the first Lush skin-care product I have ever used. It is amazing. I love it. I got a small sample (about a gram) of it which lasted me well over a month so I splurged and got an almost 80g slice. (I asked for 50g but the girl said that they weren't meant to cut less than 100g but she would try anyway and she ended up cutting 78g which I was happy with.) It costs $15.25AUD for 100g but I think it is VERY much worrh it for this wonderful product. It is a solid bar soap which you rub on your face. It lathers on your face just like a hand soap would and then you rinse it off with water. Immediately my skin felt less oily and pimples felt less red. It cleared my skin up well and got rid of a lot of blackheads. It also brightened up my complexion immensley. It is easy and lovely to use and smells nicely of licorice which I quite like. It is not a strong smell and doesn't linger on the skin. It is mildly exfoliating but not very. It does not leave any visible marks on my skin from exfoliating as it is very gentle. I would not use this product purely as an exfoliater. The black and silver colour makes this a pretty soap and I cannot praise it enough! I love Coalface, all oily skinned beauties should use it! I would not reccommend it to those with dry skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/19/2012 10:54:00 PM More reviews by flyingcolours

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Good for oily skin! I've been using this for a few weeks and I feel it's helped to control how oily my skin gets. It's kind of strange at first to use what seems like a bar of black soap to clean your face, but it really does work! From a couple of the reviews here it seems like people are trying to rub the bar directly on to their skin - don't do this! It comes with a sort of gritty coating, so it's slightly exfoliating, but this does mean the bar is rough and it'll scratch your skin. Lather it up into your hands first and then apply and you'll be fine! I would definitely buy this again as it's worked well for me, and the bar lasts forever.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2012 10:35:00 PM More reviews by ManhattanMermaid

This is a very HARSH cleanser. DO NOT rub this directly on your face, as I scratched up my face this way. =/ I have oily skin, but this is too harsh for me in the dryer winter months. But, I will try this again in the summer, as I'm sure it will work much better for me then. I will also use this on my back and chest to prevent acne.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/11/2012 6:07:00 PM More reviews by scp15

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I hated this product so much. I found it to be way to abrasive and it literally left scratch marks on my face. Didn't do much in the acne department either except made my skin extra oily.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/4/2012 6:39:00 PM More reviews by sweetiepea161616

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

This product is nice if you like your face squeaky clean. It foams nicely and leaes your face totally stripped of all oil. This could be bad or good depending on your skin. I find that it strips too much oil and leaves my skin dry and tight. It smells a little weird, like licorice and something I can't put my finger on. It's just okay. I didn't think it really did anything for my skin though. I wouldn't buy again. As far as Lush products go, I will stick with my Herbalism, which is like the total opposite of coal face but I like it much better.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2012 6:31:00 PM More reviews by brilliantine

I've been using this for 2 weeks now and absolutely love it. It smells good and cleans better the anything I've used before, getting all my makeup off easily. My skin feels soft and clear after using it. I find the solid format enjoyable to use and it's easy to cut small pieces off as and when needed. So far I've used less than a quarter of my 5 chunk so I can see it lasting at least a couple of months. My only small gripes are that it can sting your eyes so I have to keep them closed when applying it, and it makes my skin feel a bit 'squeaky' when rinsing- this is nowhere near as bad as with normal soap though. Overall a great purchase - I can see this becoming a long term favourite.

EDIT: This ended up irritating my nose a bit and making me sneeze so I stopped using it :-( Still got some left so may give it a go as a once in a while deep cleanser.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2012 7:38:00 PM More reviews by kwinki

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like this soap a lot and it is my go to cleanser. I like my cleansers to be a little gritty and this has that and is not irritating although it can be drying sometimes, Works wonders for my acne prone skin along with herbalism.