Maybelline Fit Me Concealer

3.9

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Glycerin, Sorbitan Isostearate, Propylene Glycol, Titanium Dioxide, Ozokerite, Phenoxyethanol, Magnesium Sulfate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Methylparaben, Acrylates copolymer, Alumina, Butylparaben, Aluminium Hydroxide, Tocopherol, Silica, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract /- (CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides, CI 77019/Mica)

on 7/8/2015 8:55:00 PM

There is a great hype around this product, but I just don't get the hype. I have it in the shade 25 medium, which isn't the greatest match for my skin tone, but I can work with it. Honestly, I don't get the hype. It caked up underneath my eyes fairly quickly and creased easily. I may have just gotten a bad package, but my packaging always manages to leak EVERYWHERE. When you twist the cap back on, the product oozes out of the cap. I had no idea about this, so I but it in my bag one day and, yep, you guessed it, it oozed all over my bag and everything. I just don't get the hype around it. I guess one good quality about it is that it didn't irritate my skin, and I have sensitive skin, but it's not the most sensitive skin in the world.

Overall, I don't recommend this concealer, even though it gets a lot of hype.

Pros:
-didn't irritate my skin
-decent price

Cons:
-creases
-cakes up
-odd smell
-terrible packaging

In-between:
-shade range

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I am glad this is on here. Great concealer for several reasons! It is thick enough to cover well, and doesn't run! Its not "cakey" like a lot of concealers. Very happy with it overall. Its a good price, so you are paying for really good quality without paying an arm and a leg. The color matches my skin really well, and it seems to "adjust" to my skin color as well. I recommend it highly, and its the only concealer I use now.

on 7/7/2015 10:34:00 PM

This product is in no way comparable to Nars concealer. After having it on for about 20 minutes it creased a lot. Never in my life have I seen a concealer crease so much. Coverage was also extremely thick and drying. There is no shade that matches my skin tone. It's either too light or too dark. There aren't many options for shades.

on 7/7/2015 4:43:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Here is my main issue with Maybelline Fit Me Concealer: their lightest shade is about NW15. Seeing as I'm naturally NC10, this is an issue. And it's a shame, because I actually loved this concealer.

The consistency reminds me a lot of Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer. It is skin-like, giving that youthful look of plasticy barbie texture. I *loved* this for my under-eye area because it covered my circles and didn't make any fine lines more noticeable. I prefer this concealer more than Tarte's Creaseless Maracuja Concealer. And Maybelline is a cheap drugstore brand, so that's saying a lot.

Sigh. I guess I will save this for when I get spray tans. The shade selection is my only gripe.

I dont understand all of these positive reviews. I HATE this concealer. I apply it to my blemish, and although it matches me perfectly in the tube, the product is HORRIBLY orange on my skin. It looks like orange peel was just slapped onto my skin saying "HEY! LOOK AT ME! IM HERE!" Uterly hopeless even under foundation. Anything im doing wrong? It blends well, but the color is grotesque. I can never use this. I am in the color 20 sand FYI

on 7/6/2015 3:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

This has such great reviews so maybe I was expecting too much, but it just didn't wow me. Its light, creamy, and doesn't seem to crease, which is great for my dry skin. I use concealer to brighten my undereye, and take away dark circles. I'm lucky to have clear skin, besides some redness in my cheeks, so maybe this is awesome for covering blemishes - I don't know. But for my undereyes, it didn't really do anything. I got shade 15, fair, and its too dark for me. It certainly doesn't brighten any dark circles for me. There is a lighter shade, but it appears darker to me in the tube, and I'm not impressed enough with this one to try again.
I did give Maybelline another chance and tried the Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles in the Brightener shade, and that product is everything I wanted this to be. I actually kind of liked the Fit Me concealer until I tried the Age Rewind, but for me that one is just SO much better.
The Fit Me is pretty inexpensive and seems to be HG for a lot of people, but if it doesn't brighten enough for you, try the Age Rewind. You might be happier!

Love it! Amazing coverage. Doesn't look cakey. Doesn't smell o anything. Quite cheap. Nice sleek packaging. Good for travelling.

on 7/4/2015 8:13:00 AM

ohhh my goddd I LOVEEE this concealer it is my HOLY GRAIL especially because it covers so well and doesnt cake! i love love love it and it is always a repurchase in my book

on 7/4/2015 7:43:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I no longer buy Maybelline since I discovered that they test on animals, but I bought this concealer quite a while ago. I don't really use many drugstore brands, but I had run out of my usual and I picked this one up in no. 20. I must say that i was disappointed with what this concealer offered, especially with the glowing reviews I had heard. On my tan skin, this product looks simply AWFUL- extremely ashy, grey, very chalky looking on my skin. A couple of times I made the mistake of using it under my eyes and looked like a zombie the rest of the day. It sucks all the brightness away from the face and makes me look washed out and grey! If I had one word to describe the colour, it would be ashy. It's not much better at covering blemishes. The consistency is too watery and thin, and the pigmentation is absolutely appalling. I suppose you get what you pay for! Needless to say, I will not be repurchasing.

on 7/3/2015 11:43:00 AM

I like this concealer a lot, people compare it to NARS, I have never tried it but if it's as good I totally should. The coverage is great, the color selection is amazing and it is very affordable. I have very dark under eyes and this covers 70-80% of them, which is great for a drugstore product.

Pros:
Affordable
Nice packaging
Nice coverage
Easy to blend
Lasts a long time

Cons:
I haven't found any so far