July 31, 2014 | 2074 users online

Concealers - Maybelline - Fit Me Concealer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2014 2:22:00 PM More reviews by Kalady

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

PROS: Creamy, doesn't sit in fine lines under eyes, thin yet densely pigmented, doe-foot applicator, cheap/accessible, good all-around concealer
CONS: Wears off around 4/5 hour mark, black on packaging fade quickly, very fair skin tones not represented

This concealer has been my go-to on a day to day basis for over a month now, though I've had this for much longer than that. I like it quite a bit and would say that this is a great all-around drugstore concealer: it has enough coverage for blemishes and yet is thin and moisturizing around the under eye area. I am beyond picky when it comes to under eye concealers- they must be invisible in strong daylight, in a x20 magnifying mirror, not crease, not settle in lines, not look cakey, cover my horrendous dark circles at least 50%, etc. - and this one is a fairly good drugstore pick in that regard. The coverage is a solid medium but buildable as well. I also like that it is easy to apply and takes little time to do so, which is why I used it in the morning for school and for whenever I was travelling and didn't want to bother carrying many products.

There are, in my opinion, 2 downfalls of this product: its lasting power and color range. First, when I conceal my under eyes, I'm not someone who likes to nor wants to touch up during the day, so I need my products to last. I found that although this wore off evenly, It was essentially nonexistent after a standard school day (even with powder)- yikes. If you are a touch-up gal, this will work beautifully as it layers naturally, but if you want straight-shot lasting power, this could fall short of expectations. Secondly, the color range... Although this may not be a problem for most people (Maybelline did make this concealer in all good neutral, natural shades), I am quite fair and there are no colors for people as light as I am in pigmentation. I'm currently using Fair 15 (which I find to be lighter than the #10 shade available), but it is too dark to use on my face. This is not something new to me- most drugstore products are 2 to 3 shades too dark for me- but it is nonetheless irritating.

Overall, give this concealer a shot if you're in the market for a new one: it has good coverage, a nice finish, can be used anywhere on the face, and is very affordable.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2014 4:00:00 PM More reviews by jtbeautyx3

I seriously love this concealer! one of the best ones I've used from the drugstore. It's liquidy enough to be blended out while providing good coverage with minimal creasing. I bought this in light which was too close to the color of my skin but I'll be sure to buy the lightest one. Usually Maybelline products are too pink or neutral but I'm glad this is yellow enough for my warm skin tone.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/11/2014 9:09:00 PM More reviews by mizzemmixox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Great product, offers medium concealing power. Stays well and blends nicely. Packaging sucks a bit as the stopper inside the tube doesn't stop extra concealer coming out so it can get messy. but other than that it's nice :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2014 1:41:00 AM More reviews by helloarielle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

this stuff is fantastic, and i've been using it straight for at least a year. it's very creamy and thin so it feels really light and easy when you apply it, and it blends in so seamlessly. the coverage is medium but you can work it either way, and it can be built up a bit if you use thinner layers. i use this daily - it looks great over foundation or just on its own on a natural day (i put it under my eyes and down onto my cheeks to cover my redness, around my nose and then on it because, again, red, and then blend and it's perfect). isn't oily, isn't dry, but it will accentuate dryness a bit, so make sure to moisturize well. it dries to a semi-matte finish. it will crease a bit if you don't set it but if it's set it'll last for hours without a touch up needed.

i love it for undereyes because i really do have horrid dark circles, and this covers them up juuust enough to look fresh and awake and alive, while still looking like a human. it's ideal, imo. for redness or acne spots, you have the best luck using a little tiny brush and dabbing it on the spot with that -- your finger will sheer it out too much. for the rest of your face, it works great just with fingers, or a fluffy brush to blend it out. flat brushes will give you streaks so when it doubt fingers really do work perfectly. if i use a brush, i use a bh cosmetics brush from their pop art set which looks like a miniature real techniques expert face brush.

i've ended up with shades 15, 20, and 25 somehow: 25 was the first color i got and it definitely has a peach/orange undertone to it. i picked up 20 when i needed something a little paler and that one is yellow based and perfect if you're warmer toned. 15 is very cool toned. for my light - light/med. warm olive skin, i generally use 20, and sometimes dab on a little 25 underneath as a corrector or to adjust the shade.

also very importantly - it doesn't smell bad, it isn't messy at all to use, it's easy to store/carry/travel/do anything with. overall majorly recommend and i will continue to buy this for myself and obnoxiously encourage everyone i know to try it out!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2014 10:47:00 PM More reviews by acatcalledbellatrix

I have this in the medium shade and it's amazing for covering dark circles and taking the redness out of blemishes. I'd probably buy the lightest shade if I was to use it for highlighting the undereye area but I use the Rimmel Wake Me Up concealer for that. I love the applicator as it works perfectly around the undereye/cheekbone area.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2014 8:10:00 PM More reviews by annayzhan

This concealer is literally my holy grail. The formula is so creamy and the coverage is great! I'm not kidding when I say I have panda eyes and with this concealer, I actually look like I slept the night before!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2014 6:17:00 PM More reviews by iwikiwii

I don't really know how this concealer holds up with acne, but it is my Holy Grail for dark circles!! I love this thing to death. It gives amazinggggg coverage and does not budge. I own this in the shade "10 (light)" because I also wanted my under eye concealer to highlight my face. Usually, I set this with Wet n Wild's bronzer in Reserve your Cabana just for that extra finishing touch, but setting this concealer is totally optional.

pros
-good value
-great staying power
-creamy consistency
-brightening
-great for the under eye area

cons
(I have no cons haha)

rated 2 of 5 on 6/7/2014 4:58:00 PM More reviews by elizan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really wanted to like this. It has such good reviews. I got the color 10 light. It blended in nicely and looks very nice and natural, for a very short time. Almost immediately it starts settling into the lines under my eyes (I am 45 and take pretty good care of my skin but do have some lines beginning).

So I am still searching for a usable creamy concealer.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/7/2014 2:31:00 PM More reviews by FrazzleDazzle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I, like many others, purchased this because I thought it would be dupe for the nars creamy concealor (which is about 30 odd pounds... no thanks!).

This is nothing more than a cheap concealer, like the many other concealers from the drug-store, which only half-cover what it is you're trying to cover, rub off within minutes and oxidise to a lovely orange colour. You do get what you pay for after-all!

Now I do like the consistency of this, lovely for under the eyes as it fills out the under-eye circles nicely and blends really well. What really gets me is that the lightest shade, no. 10, is extremely dark for me and just turns completely orange on my skin! Spot coverage is equally as useless as it just leaves an orange dot on my face and it doesn't even have good coverage.

Honestly such a useless product and has been sitting there untouched in my drawer for 2 months now. What a waste! Though to be fair, quite a lot of drugstore conealers oxidise one me. The search for a decent and reasonably priced concealer continues...

rated 4 of 5 on 6/1/2014 10:05:00 PM More reviews by xoxomalak

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use to use loreal true match concealer. I ran out of it and decided to get this. Well at first I hated it. Heres why: I felt like it was so dark. I used the little chart thats on the fit me foundations in the drugstore and it told me to get 25. 25 has a pink undertone. When I applied it I looked so weird and immediately returned it. I work at Ulta and I learned alot about undertones and figured out I am very yellow toned. One day one of my co workers bought the fit me concealer and told me how much she loves it. So I decided to pick it up again but in a yellow undertone. I got 20. I cannot tell you how much of a difference it made just based on undertone!
This does crease a little but if you use a setting powder (I use tarte amazonian clay finishing powder) you wont have to worry about that. Sometimes, I just use this to cover dark spots and dark circles and im good to go!