July 22, 2014 | 1648 users online

Moisturizers - Desert Essence - Jojoba Oil - 100% pure

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2013 6:03:00 PM More reviews by BrittanySunshine

I have sensitive, dry, acne-prone skin and have struggled foreverrrr to find a decent moisturizer that is light but hydrating, natural and doesn't irritate or break out my skin. Found it! Organic jojoba oil is great, it's a bit expensive but you only need a couple of drops for your whole face and neck. I like to mix about 3 or 4 drops of jojoba oil with 1 or 2 drops of tea tree oil, I find it hydrates but helps clear my pimples as the tea tree oil acts as an antiseptic. Also I don't like the smell of jojoba oil, it's not strong but by itself I find it's a bit icky.
I wouldn't give it 100% as in the Aussie summer (super hot & humid) it stays a bit greasy and doesn't feel like it absorbs as much into my skin, but it's probably the best facial moisturizer I've found so far.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2013 3:27:00 PM More reviews by l0laxc0la

Like many of y'all, I'm obsessed with this stuff. Definitely, far and away, my HG skin product.

I have always had a lot of skin problems... My skin is extremely dry but still gets pimples, and it's so sensitive it breaks out in a red, painful rash whenever I put almost anything on it, especially anything with parabens. Finding a cleanser and/or moisturizer that works for me has been a lifelong process (still working on the cleanser) fraught with much trial, error, and frustration.

Before finding jojoba oil I had been using nivea cream since I was a kid, basically because it was the only thing that didn't break me out and that did something to help heal the dry patches on my face. But Nivea is chock full of mineral oil and often gave me breakouts anyway, smells like an old lady (my boyfriend's words), and sits on your face forever before it finally decides to sink in. So yeah, I was tired of it, but kept using it because it seemed to have a monopoly on not totally destroying my skin. Then I read about jojoba oil and decided to buy it at Whole Foods on a whim, thinking I could at least use it as a body moisturizer if it broke out my skin.

When I bought this stuff I was going through a bad allergy/irritation breakout, and the rash was just starting to clear off my face, leaving me with rough, dry skin. I am not kidding you when I say jojoba oil cleared my skin up faster than I've ever seen it heal before!!! I've continued to use a few drops on my face as a moisturizer a couple of times a day, and I've seen amazing results. I don't use Nivea *at all* any more. It's that good. It doesn't feel nearly so heavy and it penetrates skin much more quickly. It just feels... natural... like it's supposed to be on your skin. I also like how I can easily and quickly apply more to particularly stubborn dry spots.

Lately I haven't been using really any cleanser to speak of. Just warm water and a wash cloth, followed by a few drops of jojoba oil every morning and night. Maybe a scrub once a week. My skin has hardly ever looked better!!!! If your skin sounds anything like mine.. dry, sensitive, irritated, annoying... you should try this!!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/3/2013 4:20:00 AM More reviews by thisisnothollywood

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is okay on the body but not on the face, it broke me out and gave me not only zits but also whiteheads and blackheads as well....
I wont use this on my face again. I have tried it a couple of times and its always broken me ou.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2013 12:54:00 AM More reviews by shyred05

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Of course I'd buy this again!!

Never used to believe in using any "oils" for skincare BUT thanks to MUA, i discovered my HG night time moisturizer!

Bought this from Whole Foods more than a year ago, keeps my skin supple & acne free!

Reasonably priced as well. Highly recommended! Go try! Xoxo

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2013 12:58:00 AM More reviews by belladodie

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I don't buy this brand of jojoba oil, but I use another brand of organic jojoba oil regularly. It's a wonderful makeup remover. I use Blinc mascara, which I remove with warm water, then wipe off any remaining make up with jojoba oil. I also use it as a component of a body oil blend. Jojoba alone is not moisturizing enough, but I find that using it as 1/3 of an oil blend will add to the absorbency of the blend. It keeps it from being greasy. A favorite combo is 1/3 almond,1/3 jojoba, 1/3 rich oil such as macadamia. I vary essential oils per my mood, but add around 10 drops per ounce, to give a light smelling oil, and use this right after I towel dry when my skin is still moist. My skin is much softer than when I was using lotions. It's like an expensive spa product for very little money. I would never go back to lotions.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/14/2013 12:15:00 AM More reviews by lbxgreen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My skin is very acne-prone. I'm just one of those people who easily get convinced that if a majority of people used it and liked it then maybe it will definitely work on my skin. My pores get clogged easily, especially with my oily skin. I decided to buy this Jojoba oil in to hoping my oiliness would reduce and I would have clearer skin. Boy was I wrong. I applied this for a few days at night time. Every morning I wake up to find a disgusting white pus filled pimple on my face. I knew that the more I used this product the more of those white pus filled pimples I would get. In order for me to not waste my money on this; I'm going to be using this product on my hair.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2013 1:54:00 PM More reviews by nicolalucie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have had trouble finding a good moisturizer in the drugstore that would soothe my sensitive combo skin without making it oily or feeling too heavy and greasy. After reading up about the OCM method and learning about Jojoba oil, I decided to pick this up. I'm really glad I did - it eases the dryness and sinks into my skin. Any dry flake patches of skin are gone within a day and it doesn't break me out, which most moisturizers tend to do. Sometimes I also use this as a pre-cleanse to take off all my makeup. My only gripe with the product is that it is a little too heavy for daytime use as I find it makes my makeup look a little too shiny for my liking. Because of this, I mainly use it before bed if my skin is feeling parched. I'm in no rush to repurchase but I'm sure I would miss it if I ever ran out.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/25/2013 4:24:00 PM More reviews by hellohello0o0

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Because of all these amazing reviews, I thought jojoba oil was a miracle product. I used this oil a few years ago and resulted in acne on my face. A few months ago, I stumbled across people's raves about this and decided to try my chances again. During the few weeks that I used this oil every day, I kept having new acne, but decided to use it only because there were a few reviews on here that say that they had initial breakouts, but after they endured this period, they had smooth gorgeous skin. I listened to them hoping that my skin situation would be like theirs. Another reason I stayed with this oil is that it controlled my horribly extra duper oily skin. Believe me, before using this oil, oil would be accumulating and almost dripping down from the corner of my nose within one hour. After this oil, my oily skin like no other turned into a normal person's oiliness, a result that I am quite fond of. During these weeks, I primarily stayed at home with poor lighting, and when I saw myself in the mirror, I thought that the severity of my breakouts were endurable. It was the 3rd week when I saw my face in the mirror in my car that I was flabbergasted. My skin was red due to the cystic acne it caused (when I normally have acne, I never have cystic ones) and the texture was just depressing because almost every single pore was clogged. It took me over one month to repair the damage that this oil has caused. I tried repairing it with maracuja oil (okay oil), babassu oil (acne causer!!), and tamanu oil (acne caused so cannot use on entire face; only use on pimples). Buttt! I have found my holy grail oil now and it is something you can find in the oil section in your typical grocery store. Dun dun dun dunnnn....grapeseed oil!! <3

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2013 9:51:00 PM More reviews by crmelody

I'm on the fence about whether I would repurchase this.

First off, my skin is acne-prone. This gets points for not breaking it out.

Price is good.

It is green and all natural, so points for those characteristics as well.

It also is great that I can use it on my lips and on my eyes since it's so gentle and won't sting.

Packaging is terrible. I have had so much trouble with the packaging. It leaks everywhere if you ever put it in a drawer where it could fall over.

Performance is just so-so. I have to blot with a paper towel once I apply or else there will be a lot of transfer on my sheets. This is a hassle that I don't have to deal with when I just put on my night cream. Also, when I wake up, my skin is moisturized, but it doesn't look plump and glowy like it does when I use my Merlot moisturizer (only $20).

I do use it as a carrier oil sometimes with my tea trea oil to cover the menstrual blemishes, but most times it's more of a hassle than anything. I probably won't repurchase for the performance reasons, but this is definitely one of the items that I wish there were a "Maybe" button.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2013 4:07:00 PM More reviews by emysiu

Whoa, my face broke out within a night of using trying this as a moisturizer. I've decided that I can only use this as a makeup remover or to rub into my hair. It does both just fine. It helps moisturize and keep the ends of my hair soft and takes off my makeup. However, I was really hoping that it could be the wonderful moisturizer that everyone here raves about, but for me, I'm sticking to my Ponds Crema S.