Desert Essence Jojoba Oil - 100 pure

4.3

Not tested on animals

Organic Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil.

on 3/26/2014 2:36:00 AM

I have been using this for two years now as my only moisturizer. Completely changed my skin! I love it! Absorbs quickly, but never makes my skin feel tight, and leaves a nice glow. I wish it was in a pump bottle as opposed to a squeeze, as the oil can drip easily.

You really do get a lot for your money. at $10 a bottle, they last me 6 months to a year. Rarely break out, and when I do, it's probably more of a birthcontrol related issue.

on 3/23/2014 5:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This review is for Desert Essence Organic Jojoba Oil. This is a vegan product, containing no animal ingredients and not tested on animals. I use it on my hair and I must say it absorbs very well and leaves my medium-length curly frizzy hair soft and manageable. I highly recommend this product for hair (I think it should work well for skin too, as I've read that it is the closest to our skin's natural sebum, however I have not used it for skin yet). I think it is expensive for the amount of oil you get, but I would repurchase. The packaging is nice and simple though I think the hole that the oil comes out of could be better positioned so oil doesn't get on the rest of the bottle. I am actually going to try virgin coconut oil on my hair next, as I've read it is the only oil that penetrates the hair shaft.

on 3/22/2014 2:42:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Amazing stuff! I started using this after reading it may help reduce oil production for people with oily skin. Coming off a round of accutane my skin was starting to break out again. I've been using this for a month now and my skin is great! I did not experience a "purging" period like some people reported. Spots are a rare occurrence and when I do get any they go away really quickly. I pour 4 drops on my damp hands at night and apply onto face, prior to application of my regular over the counter creams For day I mix 2 drops with my regular moisturizer. Overall it seems to have calmed and balanced out my skin. So glad I gave this a try.

on 3/6/2014 6:15:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Great light oil... not heavy or overwhelming. Perfect for just about anything beauty related.

on 2/28/2014 6:45:00 PM

I had read many reviews on Jojoba Oil saying it will help with acne and dry skin. I was dissapointed in the product as it seemed to have no effect at all on my acne or dry skin.

on 2/16/2014 7:51:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I bought this almost half a year ago after I heard great reviews but just never got around to using it. Last week I found it again and decided to try it just for the heck of it. Boy was i missing out! I haven't had much time to treat my skin at night due to school, but after using this for just one night, my skin was glowing in the morning! It looked so tight and smooth, I was so amazed. Now I'm using this every night with my rosehip oil and my face is drastically improving.
I'd also just like to point out that after using this for around a week I noticed random little hairs on my face began to grow...it was really weird...it wasn't anything extremely noticiable and I just plucked them out, but it was very strange. I'm guessing it's good for hair growth...? I'm still using it every night, and haven't had any other problems with it, but I just thought you guys might want to know. Anyways, it's an awesome little product to add to your night time regimen.

on 2/11/2014 11:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

Until few days ago I loved Jojoba oi! I thought it's amazing skin care solution for glowy, soft and clear skin. I used a drop with my moisturizer at night, and sometimes in the morning.
I used it for about 5 days (loved the way my skin was very soft and smooth) and then I noticed that I'm having breakouts more and more. First on cheeks, then on chin.. and usually I do not have any acne or breakouts because I have found my perfect creams, foundations, etc that never break me out.
Only few days ago I realized it should be Jojoba oil. I never, ever have acne on my body, but when using Jojoba oil on my chest, next morning I got a pimple the same place where Jojoba oil was applied. I am returning Jojoba oil. It was on sale for $7.80 at Fresh Market.
Also, the packaging is not great, it's coming out through the lid, they should think of new bottle, that doesn't spill.
Update: After about a week my skin is finally clearing up. I have to remind myself to stick to tested products that my skin loves (Dr. Hauschka products).

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I started using this brand of jojoba oil when I had moderate acne in high school. I experimented with its various uses but found that I really only liked it added to my moisturizer.

I believe that over time, it can help fade red marks, and it might have loosened my blackheads. I couldn't use it during the day because I found it to be to heavy (and runny), but it's still great for nighttime.

on 1/30/2014 10:40:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Love how this makes my skin look! It is not greasy, travels easily, and I can also use it as an occasional hot oil treatment for my hair. I even wrote an article about it! You can read it at http://www.anniesnuggets.com/2010/12/magical-golden-oil.html

on 1/26/2014 2:52:00 PM

Yes it makes you break out at first, but only because it purges your skin. I had enlarged pores on my nose for years and they FINALLY came out when I started moisturizing and steaming my face with this. I use it every day and it helps to balance my oily skin (even though is did honestly take a while) I get very severe eczema and cystic acne on my face and this doesn't aggravate it whatsoever.

Popular Moisturizers