July 29, 2014 | 2067 users online

Powder - Revlon - ColorStay Aqua Mineral Makeup

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2012 2:05:00 PM More reviews by hobosmiles

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Just a heads up to those who love this, the light shade is on clearance at CVS for about 3 dollars!
I bought this because it sounded like Mac's Magically Cool Powder from the Venomous Villians Collection- a product that I missed out on.): Right off that bat, I can say that I appreciate the brush that Revlon has put on it. It works well when you're applying this as a foundation, but not so much a finishing powder. It's small, compact, soft and easy to wash. When using the product, the "aqua" feeling is very obvious and prevalent. It feels as though you're using a wet brush. For some, this may feel disgusting, but I think it's kind of cool. lol. It offers nice, buildable coverage that lasts for a pretty long time. The only con is the shimmer. When building the coverage, you're also building the shimmer, and there will come a point where your face will look like you covered it in highlighter. Working in an office with flourescent lights, the shimmer is very obvious. It's a shame because I liked everything except the shimmer!): Now I'll just use it as a very subtle highlighter and under eye finishing powder.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/20/2012 11:56:00 PM More reviews by bunnyhead

No coverage for a foundation, I am just using this as a setting powder but not very pleased as I thought it would work as a mineral foundation. It has shimmer in it as well, the aqua effect is nice but not anything special really. Overall disappointed in this product could never use it alone.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/16/2012 12:49:00 AM More reviews by Emilyisagiant

this product is just okay. it really isn't anything special and it's on the shimmery side..so if you're looking for a matte finish, this is NOT for you. the sensation it gives when you're applying it is just weird.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2012 12:43:00 PM More reviews by monicaandree

I suspect that Revlon may be discontinuing this product because it was on sale at Walgreens today for 80% off. I paid a little over $3 for it. I don't notice any of the problems other reviewers have mentioned (sparkles, gitter, or blending challenges). In fact, I find that this blends nicely, buffing into skin and leaving a satin to matte finish. I actually quite like that part. What I don't like is the really strange, bordering on bizarre, sensation this gives to skin when applied. I use my kabuki brush and it feels like I am spreading a cold, wet brush on my face. I really dislike it, actually. I think this product was promoted in the hot summer months, so fine....but I can't image every liking this sensation, regardless of the time of year. It is really bizarre. I will continue to use it because I do like the finish, but I would never buy it again. For reference, I have it in translucent light.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 10/15/2012 7:22:00 PM More reviews by PillarofAutumn

All I can say is GLITTER. Way too sparklely to match the type of finish I associate with a product supposedly "mineral". I bought it in Light, which was slightly orangey in my opinion. Regardless, even if the shade matched me well, it's far too glittery for my taste. Only reason for 2 lippies is the "cool" sensation is kind of neat. Not neat enough to make me use it though lol.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/14/2012 3:40:00 PM More reviews by 1993

This is my review on the Aqua Mineral Foundation. CRAP. I paid 13.69 at Kmart, waste of money it is. First off I bought the shade light to medium which matched well, the thing is the powder is glittery, chalky, and when you first apply it, it feels like you have been smacked with a wet sponge. EWW. Coverage is light, doesn't cover skin imperfections well. Looks cakey, and just BLEH. Oh and the brush that comes with it, SERIOUSLY?? this is a little tiny stiff brush that is too small and too stiff, I kept it to use as a blending eyeshadow brush or whatever, but it is NOT good for trying to put the foundation on with, the thing doesn't budge on the skin as will a normal makeup brush. I am 47 years old with fair combo skin for the record. This stuff as I said earlier is CRAP PERIOD.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/9/2012 4:37:00 AM More reviews by gemma3617

Overall this product is ok. I found it was quite hard to blend into my face, and if you used too much then it made your face appear very powdery. I didn't mind the water feel as you applied the product, didn't love it either though. The little brush it comes with is completely useless! It's so tiny, so I use my own. When the product is applied right with the right quantity with your own brush, it has good results.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/3/2012 1:46:00 PM More reviews by cuonbroadway

This is my first mineral foundation, and so far I like it. I have received several complements from friends and perfect strangers about how nice my skin looks wearing this. I do have to wear concealer underneath because there isn't enough coverage in the powder to conceal dark spots or blemishes. There is some sparkle in the product that I can see when I swatch it on my hand, but it's not visible on my face.

I'm pretty pleased with this product and may repurchase later when I run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2012 9:42:00 PM More reviews by kblpn98

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I think this is a very natural product in the look it gives. I think this product is finer texture than bare minerals. This doesnt exaggerate pores like other mineral makeups do. I receive compliments when I wear this. It is a good price for me. Its a good item in my makeup routine.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/18/2012 2:03:00 AM More reviews by mariapastel

I think of all the powder makeups I have tried from Estee Lauder double compact to sephora matting, Revlon ColorStay Aqua works for my acne prone and sensitive skin. This make up is free of TALC AND BISMUTH and does not make me break out or irritate my skin. The coverage is medium and can be build able coverage. Although I want to say the tones are a bit off. I have a pale, yellow undertone to my medium skin color but I can still work with it. It did not cause me black heads like MAC did. So I think I will be purchasing this in the future.