Revlon ColorStay Aqua Mineral Makeup

3.1

Active Ingredient: Titanium Dioxide (3.7%). Non-Medicinal/Other Ingredients: Aqua (Water), Mica, Silica Dimethicone Silylate, Butylene Glycol, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Boron Nitride, Lauroyl Lysine, Sodium Chloride, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Hydrogen Dimethicone, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Water, Viola Tricolor Extract, Methicone, Sodium Polyacrylate, Potassium Sorbate, Diazolidinyl Urea. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499).

on 1/30/2013 10:19:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

This is my everyday foundation. I find that over my undereye and spot concealer if gives a mostly even coverage with a nice cooling sensation that looks natural and never cakey. I've bought this over more expensive brands the last four times that I've had to replace my foundation and I find that it transitions well from summer to winter, which I've found is always a problem I encounter with my combination skin. I also love that I don't need a separate powder to finish the look. It saves me money, feels comfortable and looks great. The only con is the packaging. I sort of wish that it was not round and circular as I can't pop it into my on-the-go makeup bag.

on 1/21/2013 7:46:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I am disappointed with this product. I wanted to buy the previous version of this powder but they said that the product I mentioned had been discontinued. It has the hydrating effect but I don't think I need that since my face is so oily, and the shimmer looks too glossy on my face. Definitely a NO for us who have oily skin.

on 1/14/2013 9:47:00 PM

I wish I had done my research before purchasing this product, due to the aqua aspect of the product it is difficult to apply with your regular powder brush, as for using the revlon brush that comes with it? What a joke. The coverage of the powder is ok but even after double checking my shade with the make up artist it still has a rather orange tinge to it regardless if I applied scarcely to moderately. By the way I purchased in light medium when I had previously being wearing medium in the prior release of revlon colour stay powder which was perfect for me. Maybe I am just an amateur in the realm of make up, but this was not a good experience just a waste of money.

on 1/3/2013 12:38:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I bought this the other day, didn't really read into it - but my local Rite Aid had a buy 1 get one half off on Colorstay products. I am a huge fan of the Colorstay foundations (the liquid & the whipped), but I have never used a powder or mineral powder from the line, so I figured what the hell.
I used it the first time in place of my usual MSF. When I first put it on my kabuki brush and patted it on my face, I stopped...looked at the brush & thought to myself, how did I get this wet? I felt it --- nope, definitely dry. Put on some more product and again - wet?.... I dipped my finger in the powder and ran it against the back of my hand...felt dry? After explaining the total (excuse my language) mind f*ck I experienced, I'd like to say that this is the single most mind blowingly strange product I've ever used. I don't know what it is, for some reason I don't trust it though. Reminds me of the Starburst commercial "Solid yet juicy".

With that being said; beyond the initial 'cooling' sensation when applying it, it's just a normal loose powder. Nothing special. I won't buy it again because I more than likely will not use it enough to go through it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I'm kind of on the fence about this product. While it is a decent mineral powder, I don't really see anything too spectacular about it. The color is nice and matched my pale skin pretty well (I used to Fair/light shade) and it provided decent coverage.

My problem with it is that it has a ton of glitter and shimmer in it, which it didn't mention at all in the packaging. The worst part has got to be the "Aqua instant hydration", it literally feels wet when you apply it, which might be awesome for some people but I found it to feel DISGUSTING. The first time I used it I was freaking out thinking maybe my brush had gotten wet somehow. I really cannot get past the gross wet feeling.

If you can get past that, it is an okay mineral foundation. I feel like for the price you could find better though.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I bought this because I was traveling and had forgotten to pack a powder, which I need over most of my BB Creams (love them, but they always look a little too dewy on my oily skin). Because my skin is oily, I'm VERY picky about powders. Usually by 8 hours in they have gathered around my creases and added 10 years to my 23 year old face. I LOVE this! I picked this shade up on clearance at CVS, so hopefully they will have something similar when I run out. Thankfully, it doesn't take much to get a good dusting and keep my make-up in place, so I won't have to replace it for a while. I like being able to put powder over my bronzer and blush, to keep them in place and looking more natural, but most powders end up washing out my carefully applied color. This one doesn't - the little bit of shimmer is great over bronzer and blush, and it's perfectly sheer when you apply a light dusting. It holds it's place well and I haven't had any issues with it gathering around wrinkles. It also builds well. On days when I need a little more coverage over my BB Cream (I switch them up depending on how my skin is doing) I just add a little more powder and it looks fine. I think if you really layered, you could wear this as a foundation. I have noticed some colors are more shimmery than others, so take that into account when purchasing. Also LOVE the cool feelings when it's applied, and how it doesn't dry my face out at all. Normally not a Revlon fan at ALL, but they put out a great product here. highly recommend!

on 12/9/2012 2:05:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Just a heads up to those who love this, the light shade is on clearance at CVS for about 3 dollars!
I bought this because it sounded like Mac's Magically Cool Powder from the Venomous Villians Collection- a product that I missed out on.): Right off that bat, I can say that I appreciate the brush that Revlon has put on it. It works well when you're applying this as a foundation, but not so much a finishing powder. It's small, compact, soft and easy to wash. When using the product, the "aqua" feeling is very obvious and prevalent. It feels as though you're using a wet brush. For some, this may feel disgusting, but I think it's kind of cool. lol. It offers nice, buildable coverage that lasts for a pretty long time. The only con is the shimmer. When building the coverage, you're also building the shimmer, and there will come a point where your face will look like you covered it in highlighter. Working in an office with flourescent lights, the shimmer is very obvious. It's a shame because I liked everything except the shimmer!): Now I'll just use it as a very subtle highlighter and under eye finishing powder.

on 11/20/2012 11:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

No coverage for a foundation, I am just using this as a setting powder but not very pleased as I thought it would work as a mineral foundation. It has shimmer in it as well, the aqua effect is nice but not anything special really. Overall disappointed in this product could never use it alone.

on 11/16/2012 12:49:00 AM

this product is just okay. it really isn't anything special and it's on the shimmery side..so if you're looking for a matte finish, this is NOT for you. the sensation it gives when you're applying it is just weird.

on 11/9/2012 12:43:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I suspect that Revlon may be discontinuing this product because it was on sale at Walgreens today for 80% off. I paid a little over $3 for it. I don't notice any of the problems other reviewers have mentioned (sparkles, gitter, or blending challenges). In fact, I find that this blends nicely, buffing into skin and leaving a satin to matte finish. I actually quite like that part. What I don't like is the really strange, bordering on bizarre, sensation this gives to skin when applied. I use my kabuki brush and it feels like I am spreading a cold, wet brush on my face. I really dislike it, actually. I think this product was promoted in the hot summer months, so fine....but I can't image every liking this sensation, regardless of the time of year. It is really bizarre. I will continue to use it because I do like the finish, but I would never buy it again. For reference, I have it in translucent light.