October 25, 2014 | 1779 users online

Liquid - Revlon - ColorStay Makeup [Reformulated Early 2013]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 on 10/29/2013 12:56:00 AM More reviews by SS100

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I would not say the shade on me is spot on. The lady said the color may change since Im prone to sweating but it doesnt. Not noticeable if you're not me but it cancels out the warmth on my face (and thats what I love about my skin) However the formula is great. If you find a shade for you in their roster, go for it. Excellent oil control (just enough), texture is creamy but not claylike. It does tend to feather on face hair. It is long lasting and not drying. The formula is great but the shade range at the counter I went to was not so great

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2013 10:52:00 AM More reviews by Brittany082387

Finally!!! My searching reviews and trying different products paid off! Love this foundation! Great coverage and doesn't make me break out!!!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2013 6:24:00 PM More reviews by futurestrength

I actually have about 5 containers of this (I stocked up because I saw they were on sale from 12$ to 7$). I wear 3 shades throughout the year as I get paler/tanner. I use it on an everyday basic because it is a good foundation, it's inexpensive and it's got really good coverage. It's not the **BEST** foundation I've ever used, but those better foundations do cost about 3x as much and since foundation is a daily thing for me, I use this regularly for work and school and save my expensive ones for going out or certain events. Very good, if you need a foundation you should definitely buy this one. I set it with either the mac studio fix or prep and prime powder, and don't wear primer with it (I don't use primer for regular days) and the coverage lasts all day and it's good.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/30/2013 11:36:00 PM More reviews by samloveshk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Great coverage! Can get cakey, be carefule putting on a second layer. The makeup stays on me on a typical 8hour work day. Accidently bought the normal to dry skin instead of for oily skin so I still have to blot numerous times throughout the day.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/30/2013 3:37:00 AM More reviews by sleepypup101

Skin type: warm undertone, oily with some dry patches, acne prone.

Pros
    - the only product I've used that doesn't smudge / transfer to my glasses

Cons
    -made me breakout ( used it for about 5 times w/in 2 weeks)
    -colour I bought was too pink/ cool tone( not sure if all the shades leans to pink undertone)
    -no pump
    -clings to dry patches

Can't remember the shade I've bought because I've already thrown it away.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 9/30/2013 2:45:00 AM More reviews by plumful

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I started using this when I was in high school, and I used to love it.

I repurchased it recently and I cannot stand it.

I have acne-prone oily combination skin and this clings to my dry patches like no other. It feels heavy and mask-like, and it smells like paint.

Obviously it's really popular, and loads of people love it, but as much as I want to love it, it just doesn't work for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/30/2013 2:37:00 AM More reviews by SaraxD

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

When I first tried this product, I HATED it. It looked like it had zero coverage and seemed to give me a greycast.
    Well, I used it today, and I actually really liked how it looked when applied with my Beauty Blender knockoff. I also used ELF's setting spray to make sure it didn't look cakey. It covered well, looked natural, and felt nice.
    Well, now I have 2 new cystic spots. No idea if it's this foundation, but they popped up right after removing it, so I'm calling it quits. If I continue to break out after I stop using it, then I will change my review. For now, I absolutely hate this product.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/29/2013 12:19:00 PM More reviews by atomickittenlove

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Was looking for a cheaper and BETTER substitute for my MUFE HD foundation, I think I may have just found my new everyday foundation.

My MUFE wasn't looking so good anymore: sliding off, accentuating large pores and dry skin areas .. I read some reviews about colorstay here (thank you everyone) and decided to give it a shot although I was really reluctant- my skin is verrrry acne prone and recently I have been going through a breakout

Pros:
    -It's been 5 days of wearing colorstay and i swear it has actually HELPED my acne. My skin is looking really good.
    -I don't have to use powder to set it
    -It really does last all day (and even in the shower)
    -It comes off easily with makeup removing wipes and my proactiv scrub
    -It's inexpensive and readily available
    -Color matches really well (I use buff in MUFE i was 115/117)

Cons:
    -No pump! And I like pumps for hygienic reasons. But apparently there is a new one out with a pump.... maybe they just don't have it Canada yet?
    -It does smell like paint when it first comes out of the bottle, but that goes away pretty quickly
    -It can look a bit cakey/un-natural.... so far I've been applying it with a stippling brush so maybe its just the application technique I'm using. I need to experiment more with this.

In short, while I love the look of MUFE when it FIRST goes on, Colorstay beats HD because it lasts more than a couple hours, doesn't require powder, won't break my bank, and seems to help clear up my skin.

Will update after a month or two…

EDIT:
    I stopped using this makeup because it clogged my pores. It didn't give me cystic acne or anything major just annoying clogged pores on my cheeks (i never break out there unless I'm having a reaction to something). Also, it accentuated the pores on my nose- because they were clogged . I had to use two makeup wipes at night to make sure everything was off before I went to bed- and I was never convinced that I got it all off.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2013 10:46:00 PM More reviews by NatalieJ

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Love, love, love. I was a longtime Bobbi Brown girl, but her current formulations are truly awful. I looked for a new foundation for about a month (!) and finally settled on this. Revlon Sand Beige is very close to BB Beige 3, which is the main reason I bought it. I've worn it for a week now, and have more reasons to love it. Application is very smooth and easy, and it's very natural looking. It STAYS PUT, but is easy to remove with my cleansing oil. I used a baby wipe one night and got nearly all of it off, to my surprise. But my new favorite thing this foundation is its freakishly awesome mattifying powers. Even though I have the normal-dry formulation, I never have the oil slick situation I've had with Bobbi and the other foundations I've recently tried. I even quit using my Ben Nye face powder. This stuff is darn near perfect, except for the bottle. Add a pump and I'd give it a solid 5 stars.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/28/2013 10:05:00 PM More reviews by lolita97

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

broke me out a lot and looked cakey. its also difficult to remove.This product would be great for someone with oily, smooth skin (as in no bumps, large pores, etc) On the smooth parts of my face it looked good but on the parts with acne scars or a few bumps it looked cakey and made them obvious. :( it also didnt cover my redness well unless i layered it on.