April 17, 2014 | 985 users online

Foundations - Cover Girl - Natureluxe Liquid Silk Foundation [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 3 of 5 on 12/11/2012 10:09:00 AM More reviews by eliteprincess

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I brought this on sale for $7 AUS which is purely the reason I purchased it as i love a bargain (I rarely can get cheap makeups as they always make my acne worse, but I thought why the hell not?)
    So anyways I got the shade 310 flax-seed as it was the lightest they sold in store.. clearly too dark for anyone who is pale, as I myself am pale but I know a lot of people who are much fairer skinned than me (why do us pale skinned girls have to suffer, I swear most makeups I have tried are too dark!) I thought the texture was smooth and I thought it blended well but it cakes too easy for me, not the best coverage either but its good for a natural look.

I looked online and found there was a lighter shade Alabaster 305 so I purchased that but wow this is way too pinky toned (grrrr) and even though it was light like my skin it just looked so fake! In my opinion, go try it out, it may work for you.. just not for me :)
    To sum it up this isn't all that great & I wont be repurchasing , sadly xx

rated 4 of 5 on 12/11/2012 1:26:00 AM More reviews by historismus

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

PROS
    - The most beautiful finish. It's completely natural-looking and gives that radiant-from-within glow.
    - The lightest shade matches me very well. It's difficult to find pale enough shades at the drugstore.
    CONS
    - Too dewy for summer wear.
    - Not incredibly long-wearing. It does alright with some powder though.
    - As it fades, I've noticed it looking a little patchy.

It's quite light coverage, so I'd recommend this for use on good skin days (and when you don't expect to sweat much). It's not my favourite foundation but I'll probably repurchase this when I run out.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/8/2012 3:31:00 AM More reviews by hellothere125

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

sparkles

rated 3 of 5 on 12/1/2012 2:31:00 PM More reviews by kuur

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I bought this on sale at CVS for around $6. This isn't much like a concealer, but more of a tinted moisturizer. It makes my skin feel moisturized and soft, and the smell is good too. I accidentally dispense too much so some of it goes to waste. It also fixes my concealer which is too dark. so thats a plus. I would only repurchase if it is on sale.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/1/2012 12:03:00 PM More reviews by EmmaLouise18

This foundation was on clearance at Ulta for around 6 dollars, which was one of the reasons I bought it. When I got to my car and swatched a little on my hand, it actually shimmered in the light! That is all moot for me though because I got this to layer under my Bare Minerals foundation that was just a little too dark. I rather like it though. It has a very pleasant smell that lingers for maybe half an hour after application. By the time I get to class the smell has usually faded. It has a sanitary dispenser which is good for my acne prone skin. I also like the fact that it is light enough that I don't feel it on my skin, yet I can still see a little bit of coverage. It has yet to cause any irritation to my skin. Still, it can cake up around my chin and around my nose. I wouldn't pay full price for this product again I don't think.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2012 12:20:00 AM More reviews by xXVampirePrincessXx

My favorite foundation is the Covergirl Natureluxe Silk Foundation. It's a really nice, silk feeling, good smell, medium-full coverage foundation. It contains a touch of cucumber water and a hint of jojoba and rose hip extracts. I apply it with my Sonia Kashuk Stippling Brush, and my face appears flawless. :) It's the one foundation that I was willing to purchase again. It costs around $9-$10 at drugstores. I would definitely recommend trying it out. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/14/2012 11:29:00 PM More reviews by Mikkishea19

This is more of a tinted moisturizer to me rather than a foundation. It feels very lightweight on the face and I absolutely love it for school days when I just want a little coverage, and to not look like i'm wearing so much makeup. When blended with my sigma f80 brush, you can't even tell I'm wearing makeup. Got this for 50% off clearance at my CVS last week so I don't know if it is being discontinued, but overall it's a good lazy day foundation.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/14/2012 6:19:00 PM More reviews by bobitarocks

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

While the smell of this product wasn't great, it didn't bother me as much as it did some other reviewers. My problem with this foundation was that it just didn't do much--it was a very thin formula and barely showed up on my face. It also made my skin feel itchy and irritated after a few days of use. All in all, it doesn't seem worth the hype nor the price.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/4/2012 8:52:00 PM More reviews by purploscity

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This product is nothing revolutionary, but it does have a very lightweight feel, decent coverage, and smells nice. However, I find that up close on the skin it looks somewhat chalky and uneven. It also clings to dry skin and rough patches and acne in a very obvious way, and looks disgusting.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/29/2012 6:21:00 PM More reviews by demureninja

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I was excited to try this foundation because I love the packaging (an easy-to-squeeze lightweight plastic tube vs. a clunky glass jar? No brainer!), and there was a decent variety of shades to choose from. I went with Bamboo, and while it was a tad dark for my medium-light skin, it blended really nicely. The consistency is a bit watery, but blends well and has pretty decent coverage. Here's the deal-breaker for me--after 2 days of use, the product made my skin extremely red, dry, and irritated, to the point that it looked like I had a rash on my face! A bummer, since color, consistency, and packaging were pretty stellar. Not sure what ingredient in this made my face freak out, but I've stopped using it and my skin has definitely calmed down, so I won't be using this again.