December 18, 2014 | 1737 users online

Foundations - Cover Girl - Natureluxe Liquid Silk Foundation ] [DISCONTINUED]

Cover Girl's website suggests TRUBLEND LIQUID MAKEUP as a replacement to this product

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2013 9:55:00 PM More reviews by Gabylovex3

I really liked this stuff. Good coverage and never broke me out. Recommend it to people with sensitive skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/30/2012 6:27:00 PM More reviews by marie15

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Just bought this product at my local Target today. I needed a new foundation because I recently discovered that my old foundation Revlon Color stay was outdated or something of that sort, and was making my skin dry and flaky in some patches.
I decided to go with this product after hearing numerous reports of this being an outstanding, light feeling, medium coverage foundation for a fraction of the cost of higher end makeup. I picked up the 3rd lightest shade, even though I am a medium skin tone, I am a little bit lighter in the winter time. I came home and after washing my face, tried this out. For being the 3rd lightest shade, it looked EXTREMELY orange on me, which I was really disappointed :( Also it didn't blend very well into my skin. I have dry skin along with hyper pigmentation and mild dark circles underneath my eyes, and it didn't do much to help that out. I hate to be someone to write a bad review, because I love CoverGirl products, but I just thought I'd let anyone know that the foundation colors run (at least for me) extremely dark, with an orange y tint. Bummer. Returning this tomorrow because it's just not going to work out for me. Maybe I'll make a trip into Sephora.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/29/2012 1:57:00 AM More reviews by jymmasters1

I like the way this foundation looks when I first put it on in the morning, but after wearing it for several hours the makeup fades off and it doesn't look as good anymore. Also, if you have acne-prone skin this product won't cover up redness/pimples/scars very well. It does when you first put it on, but as I said before it will wear off.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/28/2012 2:41:00 PM More reviews by daniellefmu

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product left a rash on my face. It smelled terrible and its exactly what you pay for. I guess this is an okay foundation for Middle Schooler experimenting with make up for the first time. I just don't think it does anything quite magnificent. Acne and Bumps were are still visible on the face. (My acne isn't bad, but it didn't do its justice I needed.) It only stays on for a few hours and in the light you can see right through the foundation. Probably the worst one I've used in awhile next to Wet n' Wild foundation. I don't recommend this for anyone trying to cover up scars or acne. It really doesn't do the job well.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2012 8:56:00 PM More reviews by browngabi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love this foundation, it goes on more of a tinted moisturizer which is perfect if you have good skin for the most part. It covers any imperfections on my face and leaves it with a nice healthy glow. I bought this on sale at Walgreens and would most likely repurchase again for days that I'm feeling lazy and don't want a full face of makeup.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/21/2012 10:58:00 PM More reviews by kk71350

I'm really loving this foundation right now. It goes on feeling like a BB cream, but gives very nice coverage. I have some minor blemishes and unevenness, and it covers it. It also covers my dark circles, I do not have to use much concealer. My only complaint is that the staying power is not great. But all around a very nice foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/19/2012 2:56:00 AM More reviews by sb89

After searching (and searching..) for a product that would suit my oily/acne prone skin and would also be a reasonable price I settled on this foundation after I read that it had been used by top makeup artists at the 2011 Fashion Week. I was discouraged by mixture of reviews but decided to go for it anyway.
And I'm glad I did!
This foundation is so easy to blend, smells nice and leaves a light coverage that is very buildable - although I would not suggest this if you want heavy coverage.
I put a pea sized amount on the back of my hand then dot it with ecotools travel size kabuki brush and then blend it with the same brush. This leaves a even, natural coverage that leaves a dewy finish. I do brush on some shine free powder over the top (maybelline) of my nose and t-zone to prevent looking like grease ball.
Overall, I would recommend this product. Dont be put off by negative reviews because what might work for you may not work for other people.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/11/2012 10:09:00 AM More reviews by eliteprincess

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I brought this on sale for $7 AUS which is purely the reason I purchased it as i love a bargain (I rarely can get cheap makeups as they always make my acne worse, but I thought why the hell not?)
So anyways I got the shade 310 flax-seed as it was the lightest they sold in store.. clearly too dark for anyone who is pale, as I myself am pale but I know a lot of people who are much fairer skinned than me (why do us pale skinned girls have to suffer, I swear most makeups I have tried are too dark!) I thought the texture was smooth and I thought it blended well but it cakes too easy for me, not the best coverage either but its good for a natural look.

I looked online and found there was a lighter shade Alabaster 305 so I purchased that but wow this is way too pinky toned (grrrr) and even though it was light like my skin it just looked so fake! In my opinion, go try it out, it may work for you.. just not for me :)
To sum it up this isn't all that great & I wont be repurchasing , sadly xx

rated 4 of 5 on 12/11/2012 1:26:00 AM More reviews by historismus

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

PROS
- The most beautiful finish. It's completely natural-looking and gives that radiant-from-within glow.
- The lightest shade matches me very well. It's difficult to find pale enough shades at the drugstore.
CONS
- Too dewy for summer wear.
- Not incredibly long-wearing. It does alright with some powder though.
- As it fades, I've noticed it looking a little patchy.

It's quite light coverage, so I'd recommend this for use on good skin days (and when you don't expect to sweat much). It's not my favourite foundation but I'll probably repurchase this when I run out.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/8/2012 3:31:00 AM More reviews by hellothere125

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

sparkles