E.L.F. Flawless Finish Foundation

3.6

ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: Octyl Salicylate 2%, Titanium Dioxide 5.5% INACTIVE INGREDIENTS: Water (Aqua), Cyclopentasiloxane, Isododecane, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Sorbitan Sesquiisostearate, Butylene Glycol, Talc, Dimethicone, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Magnesium Sulfate, Glycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Synthetic Beeswax, Potassium Sorbate, Propylene Carbonate, Boron Nitride, Barium Sulfate, Caprylyl Glycol May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I really like this product, I have normal skin, and a few flaws such as sun spots and I find that it covers very well, has a nice finish and lasts for quite a while. I used to use Rimmel foundation as well as cover girl, and Revlon, and I find elf foundation does just as good a job if not better for less than half the price. You can't go wrong. Plus elf products have less chemicals.

on 4/3/2014 9:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Price: at 3 bucks, not a bad product for on the go.

Package: Glass bottle with pump, feels like quality. However I hate that the cap kept coming off in my toiletry bag.

Product: well, like I said, not bad for make up on the go. Definitely not a HG product thats for sure. E.L.F has a lot of work to do before they perfect a product as finnicky as foundation. Won't repurchase.

on 4/3/2014 4:14:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm

So, I first bought this in almond and found the shade too dark for my nc40 ish skin tone. But then I found a much lighter foundation just collecting dust in my drawer so I started mixing the 2 and using up the lighter foundation. I also now have a darker foundation to use when I do go away on holidays. So then I ordered the next lighter caramel foundation. As usual I use my beauty sponge to blend the foundation. I always apply it over my spf moisturizer and then hard candy or elf primer. Let me tell you this thing glides FLAWLESSLY and gives beautiful coverage. I personally go for light coverage on a daily basis and this is just right for that. I do suspect it's a hairline, tad bit darker, but it's so minimal it's totally workable. I am just wearing a little blush here. I do have some acne that I haven't bothered to cover. This is only to show you the color/skin tone caramel will work on; and the kind of coverage it gives. I have it on with an ever so light layer, but I can tell this is totally buildable and will give more coverage. This foundation is so amazing as in I feel like it glides like butter (exxagerating I know, but I do like it). The staying power as tested I'll say is atleast 10 hours. Although I had it on for about 15 hours, and towards the last 3 hours, I felt it kind of oxidized; but again for a $3 foundation 10 hours is remarkable. Plus I extremely rarely have my make up on for that long. So if you are on the fence, the only side of the fence you should be on is if the color works.

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

The first thing you wonder when looking at the $6 pricetag is "I wonder if this is a good foundation?" Well let me tell you that I am sooo happy with this foundation. It is good for oily skin and is good for full coverage!

I use the Sand color on my olive tone skin and it matches perfectly!!!
I was using Makeup Forever foundation for years and was so unhappy about the $40 price point, so I'm definitely content to switch to E.L.F flawless finish foundation and pay only $6!

This foundation lasts for hours!!!!!! It's surprising but give it a try and don't be shy. Lol. It really is a tremendous product :)

on 1/21/2014 10:02:00 AM

I love this foundation. I purchased a higher end foundation but didn't want to use it all right away and this is an exact shade match to the sephora foundation I have. It blends easily with my beauty blender and holds well. I only gave it 4/5 because there's a lack of colors. I picked porcelain and lucky I did because it's definitely darker than porcelain it's more of a dark ivory.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It's a good inexpensive foundation you could use year round.

It won't totally cover major acne or dark circles, so if you're looking for full coverage this won't do. It's medium or light when applied with a sponge, and I use primer underneath and concealer on my circles and redness around my nose. Apply with a chisel brush/ flat top for better coverage and blending.

It seems to stay pretty well. For the price it's a keeper! I would use this one over Covergirl Clean liquid any day of the week. It's not pinky and doesn't oxidize like CG and coverage is better.

I have dry skin, so I'm not sure about this one for oily skin...

on 12/29/2013 1:11:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

i dont like this. there isnt a variety of shades to choose from and its oily. i have normal skin and it still looks oily even after i powder. i hate this smell on foundations. the smell stays for a while.

on 12/23/2013 10:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this a while back at Target for my travel kit. I am NW15 and bought Porcelain. This is a medium to full coverage foundation with a satin finish. I didn't have any issues with weird scents or breakouts, and I found that this lasted very well through a workday for me. Blended easily, no fading or settling into pores. For an inexpensive foundation, this definitely gets the job done. My skin tends to be dry, so I didn't have any issues, but this may be a little too "dewy" for those with oilier skin types. Overall I thought this was a "just fine" foundation, although nothing truly outstanding or amazing about it. I keep all drugstore products in my travel kit, so for that, I would definitely repurchase.

on 12/21/2013 1:33:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I have read the reviews, but still wanted to give this foundation a chance. I purchased 2. one in porcelain and sand. my skin complexion is fair with yellow understones (colorstay in buff, loreal true match w2-sorry i dont wear mac foundation). the texture is gel like, not quite but like garnier bb cream 1st formula (Not the oil free one). since i do have oily skin, with this foundation i skipped my oil free moisturizer...and dotted my forehead, nose, chin and cheeks (used have a pumps worth). for me this foundation acted like an overall corrector. it made my skin look seamless, i was surprised. i used my nyc loose powder to set it and my goodness, my face looked like i spent 50$ in a foundation! no cakeyness...no streaks.... wear time for me was my usual 5 hours...but with a clean tissue paper i blotted my face....it looked as if i freshly put makeup on. after reading the reviews here, i can see why people were disappointed. but as a 35 let me tell you....with time you will know your face. in my case i knew i have oily skin, i knew what i can and cannot do. if you have oily skin. you can still pull this off....you just cannot slatter on with this foundation...less is more. you have redness around ur nose, or face? this covers some, but not all..you will need to use a corrector. im extremely pleased with this foundation. highly reccomend!

on 12/16/2013 9:42:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I have a love/hate-relationship with this foundation. On days I want full coverage, I LOVE it. On days I don't, it's the worst foundation ever. 'Cause it is full coverage. It doesn't really look natural. Also, it has a slight perfumed smell. It does tend to settle into my dry spots (I happen to have really dry skin above my top lip because of eczema, so that doesn't look too attractive).