July 24, 2014 | 2051 users online

Liquid - E.L.F. - Flawless Finish Foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 4/26/2013 1:16:00 PM More reviews by J01

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Although it may be cheap, it's not the best foundation. It does give a good coverage but I don't feel it lasts long enough. I put finishing powder on top, but that doesn't seem to help at all. The smell is awful but bearable. I usually use it when I'm going places only for a couple hours. I would only repurchase again because its cheap.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2013 7:02:00 PM More reviews by roseroach

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought the other day for my mother. And let me just say that my mother love it. It give her the perfect flawless foundation.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/14/2013 8:18:00 PM More reviews by lucky10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I hate this stuff. It gave me a reaction within five seconds of it being on my face because of the fragrance. The fragrance is way too strong. It also looks very cakey when you apply it. I hate it.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/22/2013 3:29:00 AM More reviews by Gardengrenade

First of all, I must say I'm a pretty big fan of E.L.F. products. I have a pretty decent collection and for the most part am pretty happy, so when I saw this product, I was pretty excited. But I am NOT happy with this. Mostly because of the colour. I'm quite fair skinned and often get confused as a red head because of my freckles and pale skin tone. I got their lightest shade, ivory, and it did not match my skin whatsoever. It looked like I had put a fake tanner on, it was so orange. I was pretty choked, because my expectations were pretty high. Although I'll admit it did go on my skin nicely and left a semi matte look to it which was okay for me. I wouldn't say lasting power lasts for more than 3 hours. All in all, it's a no go for me.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 3/20/2013 11:28:00 PM More reviews by jordansmommy310

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Elf is a brand with hits and misses, luckily for me I have had a lot of hits :) However, this foundation is on the fence. I am usually devoted to my Revlon Colorstay but I decided to try different brands so while I had a coupon code I purchased the flawless finish foundation. The packaging is my fav, it has a pump and a sleek nice bottle. The finish is light to medium coverage and I say that because I am a dark skinned female with acne discoloration. The Elf foundation gave me a medium slightly dewy finish. I set it with Elf HD Powder to mattify it and it looked nice. Throughout the day I noticed it kinda started disappearing from my face. It did the same thing through the next couple of days. So this will be a "run an errand" or "go around the corner foundation". For reference I am shade Cocoa. In Revlon Colorstay I am 410 Cappachino and NW45/NC50 in MAC.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2013 6:17:00 PM More reviews by SkyAlternative

I am on my second bottle of this stuff which already tells you that I think it's a pretty good foundation. Good but not perfect, but what is perfect, right? We all have different skin tones and types and cosmetics are not one size fits all. I am a big advocate of trying things out for yourself.

With all of that said, this foundation is good for my acne prone sensitive skin because a) it's oil free and b) it has SPF. Two great things.

This foundation does not break me out which is a GREAT asset.

I have used this with and without primer and I'd say it works pretty good without primer. I prefer using primer with my foundation which can make the foundation a bit more difficult to blend.

The only negative I have with this product is: It does not give me full coverage, which I need. I get medium coverage at best. Concealer is still needed. Not too much of a bad thing, really. This does cover redness and dark spots that are not too dark. I'd say on a scale of 1 to 10, 1 being terrible and 10 being flawless:

My skin would be a 5 and this foundation takes it to an 7. Not bad.

This foundation works good for me so I will be sticking with it.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2013 9:10:00 PM More reviews by yisha

I am quite impressed by this product. ELF flawless finish foundation comes in a very nice-looking bottle with a pump. Though it is only half the amount of a usual liquid foundation, this product will last you months.

This foundation provides medium to full coverage - depends on how you apply. Quite blendable and fairly long-lasting, however I'd love to see stronger oil control because I have oily skin but for the price, you can't complain.

Be careful with the shade you select, the swatch on ELF's website is a bit off, the actual foundation is darker than the online swatch - at least in my case. I picked up "buff" for my northern Asian skin, it is wayyyy too dark. Sand should be a better match, and it is the second lightest shade. Same with other ELF face products. I'd say their face products in general lean towards the darker end of the spectrum.

The ingredients are relatively healthy as I don't see paraben, BHT, etc. in the list.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2013 2:30:00 AM More reviews by timothybcat

I've been a Revlon Colorstay fan for years, but have wanted to switch. I've never been quite able to find my ideal shade in either the original formula or the Whipped. Mostly I've used Buff, but this can make me look odd, especially as both formulas are so matte. The both give me this overly made-up look, as if I'm a porcelain doll rather than just have really good skin. It's not cute, trust me. It's not cakey. It just looks artificial and contrived. I like to have at least a little bit of natural glow peek through.

I have this in the two fairest shades: the lightest, which is called Porcelain; and Sand, which is the next darker shade. I'm about NW-15, maybe NW-20 in the summer. I really thought Porcelain would look chalky on me, so I bought Sand first. Nope. It almost worked, but was just 2 shades too dark. It also looked orange-y on me, which most foundations do anyway, as I have pink undertones. I bought Porcelain and this also has an orange-y undertone, but it works when blended out. If it had oxidized, the orange tone would have been a deal-breaker, but thank goodness it didn't.

The texture of Flawless Finish is beautiful, and blends amazingly well with my Sigma F82 brush. It seems to melt right into the skin with no telltale signs of "MAKEUP". The coverage is medium, and covers my faint sunspots as well as my overall redness. My pores are totally diminished. I'm left with a true satin finish that really looks like skin, a youthful and natural texture.

One minor flaw is the staying power, which is only average and doesn't last through an entire 8-hour shift at my job. That's not to say that I wind up looking like I'm not wearing any makeup, it's just that my redness and some blemishes peek through after about 4-5 hours. The problem is probably my skin, which eats makeup. Of course it doesn't last as long as Colorstay, but that's usually the trade off when you don't use a full coverage, matte foundation.

But for a $6.00 foundation, I find this to be an amazing foundation. Out of all the foundations I've tried in my life, this has the very best finish, hands down. It's not an HG product, so the search continues. But I'd definitely buy this again to use as an everyday casual foundation.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2013 6:32:00 PM More reviews by carling

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I visited my local Macy's MAC counter to finally buy Studio Fix liquid in NC50, which I thought was the MAC shade equivalent to my "Holy Grail" Revlon Colorstay (Caramel); however, I discovered NC50 is too dark. In fact, I could not find any MAC foundation shade that was a perfect match for me like my Revlon, so I settled for a tube of Candy Yum Yum and headed to Meijers.

I couldn't resist taking a peek at Meijers' makeup clearance bins and lo and behold there was a bottle of elf Flawless Finish in Almond for .60 cent. That's right SIXTY CENTS! I had never used elf foundation, but I love their tinted moisturizer (also in Almond), so I gave it a shot. What a tremendous find! This is such a wonderful, medium to full coverage foundation. A little goes a very long way, and unlike my Colorstay, it has a PUMP!

While the elf-almond tinted moisturizer is a match, the elf foundation is a shade lighter than my skin tone, so I use it to highlight under eyes in tandem with my trusty Colorstay (I prefer to highlight with foundation rather than concealer). elf foundation is a hidden gem and I highly recommend it. This product is a bargain at $6, but .60 cents??? It's an absolute steal. Love it! : )

rated 3 of 5 on 2/3/2013 5:10:00 PM More reviews by lukivo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm on the fence with this one. This is the first foundation I've found that matches my weird fair skin-tone! So this was very exciting to me. It glides on beautifully with my studio foundation brush. I finish it off with their high-def powder and my skin looks flawless. I actually get compliments on my skin! But.... I think it breaks me out :( My chin had little to no pimples on it, but wearing this everyday, I started to get quite a few popping up. I've decided to just save this product for special occasions!