September 30, 2014 | 968 users online

Body Scrubs - Fresh - Brown Sugar Body Polish

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2007 12:47:00 AM More reviews by rugby

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

First of all you may want to smell this before purchase because this is basically freshes signature scent sweet with a hint of lemon...I love it it makes me feel so luxrious in the shower and it really exfoliates...I honestly have not found anything better...it mosturizes which I love...my only complaint the price...but I have been trying diff ones to try to try to save a little but $10 here $13 there adds up...until someone makes the perfect knock off I will be repurchasing....

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2007 11:31:00 PM More reviews by princess_laila

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am already on my second tub of this. I justify the price because I don't have to use body lotion after using this. I hate body lotion, but lately my skin has been getting dryer so I need something. I use this every other day, which means I go through about a tub a month but my skin has become really soft and smooth and the zits on my back have completely diappeared. I also have had a huge improvement on ingrown hairs from waxing and shaving as well, and I had tried absolutely everything for those without success. The smell is so delicious and it lingers on your skin

rated 1 of 5 on 4/6/2007 10:09:00 PM More reviews by mintqueen65

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This stuff is wayy too expensive for what you get. I can get the same results at home just by mixing brown sugar and olive oil.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/26/2006 8:23:00 PM More reviews by engk916

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i thought the origins salt scrub was for wimps, so i told the salesperson i wanted something strong. well i got what i asked for - if i threw myself down a gravel driveway, i don't think it would feel much different than this scrub. it smells great, and a good amount for the price (i paid $60), but really, i could throw myself into a gravel pit for free.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/11/2006 2:48:00 PM More reviews by maureen01

Very coarse, but very nice body scrub. Too expensive, though!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/26/2006 12:54:00 PM More reviews by cidos

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Very mixed reviews for this product but needless to say, I LOVE IT!
The scrubs I used prior didn't moisturize enough. This one is perfect. Yes, it does leave a small film of oil on skin but that's just perfect for cold winter months when my skin is extra dry. This product just saves me the extra step of having to moisturize. I usually scrub before going to sleep, so by morning my skin is just smooth and the oil has already sunk into my skin.

Those of you who are complaining about your slippery tub -- I have the perfect solution! The scrubbing bubbles automatic shower cleaner, press the blue button, get out of the tub and ta taaaa the tub is clean!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/2/2006 10:42:00 PM More reviews by Aishaa

A terrible body scrub. The mixture and texture are terrible and ineffective. A very rough scrub (and I don't have sensitive of fragile skin as such). The mixture does not stay on your skin while you do the scrubbing either. All around a terrible product from Fresh. I returned the one I purchased and will never re-purchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2006 6:45:00 PM More reviews by LaDiva9

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Black

The lemon-sugar scent of this scrub is just amazing and it's so refreshing to have a company making products that are not full of fillers and artificial junk. To those who complain that you have to stir it first, well duh! Sugar and oils don't have the same density so they separate. There are plenty of other things that separate when they're sitting on a shelf, so what's the big deal? Should it come with a spatula, yeah, but I just keep a teeny bamboo spooon I got for cheapies at the Fresh shop in Boston in my bathroom and I can use it for all the things I've got that need stirring before use.

This does leave an sheeny oil finish on your skin after use if you don't stay in the shower too long after rinsing off, but I love that because I don't have to moisturize afterwards. If you want a clean-rinsing scrub (and sometimes you prefer that, especially if doing a pre-shave exfoliation or you'll be wearing something satiny that will pick up oils from your skin) try Ocean Salt Scrub from Lush...

continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2006 3:07:00 AM More reviews by lletto

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff! It exfoliates my skin and makes it feel like silk. I also love the smell of it. Definitely an HG for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/14/2006 1:03:00 PM More reviews by Lukalove

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

While the ingredients list in this scrub is impressive, I cannot justify the crazy expensive price. You have to remember, this is a product that is used in the shower/bath, therefore all those expensive ingredients are on your skin for a fleeting moment before the majority of it washes down the drain. Assuming you use a towel to dry off after your shower, whatever may still be on your skin will get taken off by your towel for the most part. Seems like a lot of money for all that...I'm all for using more expensive products with great ingredients for things that actually stay on your skin for long periods of time i.e. facial creams, eye treatments, body lotions, but in this case Bath and Body works sugar scrubs, which are much, much, cheaper, and do the same job, are a better buy. They do not have all of the essential oils as Fresh, but do have some, and great fragrances. They still exfoliate and moisturize which is the main thing in my opinion. And as far as the smell of Fresh's scrub...ugh, all I can think of is Lemon Pledge furniture polish.