Katy Perry - Purr

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

ohhhhh katy p, i love you! to start, this is one of the cutest bottles, the scent is heavenly. the best way i can describe it is summer in a bottle. it smells fresh and sexy and fruity. i get so many compliments while wearing it and not just from the ladies. It definitly has staying power and i find myself smelling my clothing alot when im wearing it because its so intoxicating. i bought the big bottle for full price but i didnt think it was too too bad... not compared to the wonderstruck or someday perfume i bought which are also amazing... its funny these three celebs really know their scents. Yes i would recommend this perfume.

on 2/15/2012 1:38:00 PM

I really wanted this perfume when it first came out but waited since celebrity inspired perfumes usually go on sale after a few months and I find them to smell weird after having it for a long time. I read on the other reviews for this perfume coincidentally last week and read it was on sale at Shopper's Drug Mart so finally bought it. It smells very sweet but lightens throughout the day. The scent does not stay on for too long which is disappointing. i loveee the bottle! Nothing like my other perfume bottles

on 2/7/2012 1:38:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Like reviewers below, I also got this on sale at shoppers drug mart for $20. The reason this perfume caught my attention when it first came out was that the bottle was the cutest perfume design I've ever seen... I have an imitation katy perry perfume (very cheap) but it doesn't even come close to this. Shoppers didn't have a tester bottle out, but I bought it anyway and I love this scent! It reminds me a little bit of taylor swift wonderstruck which I also have and love (not exactly, but along the same lines of the notes in it-- fruity, sweet, underlying musky scent) It's great!

on 2/6/2012 9:51:00 PM

What a lovely perfume! I usually find myself going for more citrusy, clean and watery fragrances, but this cute little kitty bottle caught my eye! I love the transition of the fragrance as it grows from a fruity, innocent scent into a much more developed and sensual, mysterious scent. I would definitely wear this at any occasion, because it's so versatile! Way to go Katy!

on 2/6/2012 5:11:00 PM

Yeahh!! thanks to the reviewer below for alerting me to the great deal at Shoppers Drug Mart for this fragrance...50 ml edp for $20 !! Steal of a deal for sure! I was spraying this quite regularly whenever i went to my drug store...but again the only thing holding me back was the price~! So lo and behold my wish came true and it was available at an amazing price! The fragrance is lovely...fruity and ambery and very unique! Similar to Fantasy gourmand type of scent but not so heavy on the vanilla frosting. I love fantasy too! As well as Fancy!!! so this fragrance was right up my alley! I may pick up another bottle to have on hand!

on 2/3/2012 8:52:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Since the advertisement was release a while back, I have been meaning to get this perfume. The only thing holding me back for awhile now has been the cost - it is a pricey perfume. However finally I did manage to catch the perfume on sale at Shopers Drugmart for 20$ for a 50mL bottle.

I've read many raving reviews about the unique scent and I must say there are indeed true! Definitely a very unique perfume, a first that I have seen in awhile that smells truly beautiful and soothing. Although the advertisement seems to be targeted at teenagers, young adults and adults alike can for sure pull this off! I usually find that artists have a hard time creating a great perfume scent, I'm not sure why - personal opinion but I suppose I have high expectations. Congratulations Katy Perry, you deserve a round of applause!

The bottle is so cute and looks great when put for display on a dresser! I am looking forward to any future fragrance launches Katy Perry may have in the future!

on 1/31/2012 2:13:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I had been wanting to try out this scent for a while but sadly when i was at nordstrom they were sold out of it. So the other day when I was shopping I saw this in the purse spray version and on a whim bought it unsniffed. When i first sprayed it I was unsure of what to think. As a person who leans more towards cool, fresh, clean and oceanic scents I was worried I had just wasted my money. But wow was I wrong. This scent definitely morphs as you wear it and becomes a very warm, vanilla, coconut-y, light musky fragrance. It really is beautiful and like nothing else I've ever encountered before. Bravo Katy Perry, Bravo.

on 1/7/2012 6:33:00 AM

As a die-hard cat lover, it was a no brainer that I would have to purchase this at some point. The cat bottle is so very cute and is my favorite perfume bottle design EVER next to YSL's Baby Doll.

On first spray, this is so-so and smells like a one-dimensional, generic, run of the mill, boring old celebrity fragrance. But don't let the opening fool you! The dry down is sexy and oh so intoxicating. I couldn't stop smelling my wrist after testing this! The smell makes my mouth water. It is appropriate for most ages under 50 (in my opinion) even though it is marketed to teeny boppers.

Lasting power is excellent for an EDP. Purr lingers for 5-6 hours on me.

This is pretty insanely overpriced for a celebrity fragrance but I would buy again. I'm just so in love with this! Katy Perry, you may be a doll but I am NOT a fan... however I applaud you for this fragrance!

***

UPDATE: I've had my bottle for awhile now and I am hopelessly in love! The opening is full of sweet fruits with a hint of tartness and the dry down is a beautiful, creamy, sweet coconut/vanilla concoction along with something sexy, exotic and a little spicy that I can't quite put my finger on. The coconut is so prominent on me! I love this so much that I've arranged to get another bottle in a swap. I just want to spray it everywhere! This may just be my HG perfume...

on 1/4/2012 5:34:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I was disappointed with this perfume. I would never use this again or purchase. I adore the bottle though and love the look & promotions that went it. Katy Perry is a doll. It sucks I didnt dig the fragrance.

on 11/27/2011 7:04:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Dear Santa...

I smelled this perfume at the store the other day.And...
Oh. My. Gosh.
It smells like heaven! A vanilla, peach, sweet nummy heaven!
Not to mention that I love cats and purple is my favorite (other than pink) color!

Popular Fragrances