September 1, 2014 | 2069 users online

Fragrances - Katy Perry - Purr

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2012 9:51:00 PM More reviews by Laurelwood

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

What a lovely perfume! I usually find myself going for more citrusy, clean and watery fragrances, but this cute little kitty bottle caught my eye! I love the transition of the fragrance as it grows from a fruity, innocent scent into a much more developed and sensual, mysterious scent. I would definitely wear this at any occasion, because it's so versatile! Way to go Katy!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2012 5:11:00 PM More reviews by fcirone1

Yeahh!! thanks to the reviewer below for alerting me to the great deal at Shoppers Drug Mart for this fragrance...50 ml edp for $20 !! Steal of a deal for sure! I was spraying this quite regularly whenever i went to my drug store...but again the only thing holding me back was the price~! So lo and behold my wish came true and it was available at an amazing price! The fragrance is lovely...fruity and ambery and very unique! Similar to Fantasy gourmand type of scent but not so heavy on the vanilla frosting. I love fantasy too! As well as Fancy!!! so this fragrance was right up my alley! I may pick up another bottle to have on hand!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2012 8:52:00 PM More reviews by iEndlessly

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Since the advertisement was release a while back, I have been meaning to get this perfume. The only thing holding me back for awhile now has been the cost - it is a pricey perfume. However finally I did manage to catch the perfume on sale at Shopers Drugmart for 20$ for a 50mL bottle.

I've read many raving reviews about the unique scent and I must say there are indeed true! Definitely a very unique perfume, a first that I have seen in awhile that smells truly beautiful and soothing. Although the advertisement seems to be targeted at teenagers, young adults and adults alike can for sure pull this off! I usually find that artists have a hard time creating a great perfume scent, I'm not sure why - personal opinion but I suppose I have high expectations. Congratulations Katy Perry, you deserve a round of applause!

The bottle is so cute and looks great when put for display on a dresser! I am looking forward to any future fragrance launches Katy Perry may have in the future!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2012 2:13:00 AM More reviews by Sparkylarky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I had been wanting to try out this scent for a while but sadly when i was at nordstrom they were sold out of it. So the other day when I was shopping I saw this in the purse spray version and on a whim bought it unsniffed. When i first sprayed it I was unsure of what to think. As a person who leans more towards cool, fresh, clean and oceanic scents I was worried I had just wasted my money. But wow was I wrong. This scent definitely morphs as you wear it and becomes a very warm, vanilla, coconut-y, light musky fragrance. It really is beautiful and like nothing else I've ever encountered before. Bravo Katy Perry, Bravo.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2012 6:33:00 AM More reviews by TMK6959

As a die-hard cat lover, it was a no brainer that I would have to purchase this at some point. The cat bottle is so very cute and is my favorite perfume bottle design EVER next to YSL's Baby Doll.

On first spray, this is so-so and smells like a one-dimensional, generic, run of the mill, boring old celebrity fragrance. But don't let the opening fool you! The dry down is sexy and oh so intoxicating. I couldn't stop smelling my wrist after testing this! The smell makes my mouth water. It is appropriate for most ages under 50 (in my opinion) even though it is marketed to teeny boppers.

Lasting power is excellent for an EDP. Purr lingers for 5-6 hours on me.

This is pretty insanely overpriced for a celebrity fragrance but I would buy again. I'm just so in love with this! Katy Perry, you may be a doll but I am NOT a fan... however I applaud you for this fragrance!

***

UPDATE: I've had my bottle for awhile now and I am hopelessly in love! The opening is full of sweet fruits with a hint of tartness and the dry down is a beautiful, creamy, sweet coconut/vanilla concoction along with something sexy, exotic and a little spicy that I can't quite put my finger on. The coconut is so prominent on me! I love this so much that I've arranged to get another bottle in a swap. I just want to spray it everywhere! This may just be my HG perfume...

rated 2 of 5 on 1/4/2012 5:34:00 AM More reviews by VampyDoll

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was disappointed with this perfume. I would never use this again or purchase. I adore the bottle though and love the look & promotions that went it. Katy Perry is a doll. It sucks I didnt dig the fragrance.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2011 7:04:00 PM More reviews by Tsumaura

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Dear Santa...

I smelled this perfume at the store the other day.And...
Oh. My. Gosh.
It smells like heaven! A vanilla, peach, sweet nummy heaven!
Not to mention that I love cats and purple is my favorite (other than pink) color!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/20/2011 3:33:00 PM More reviews by Mandella

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Tried this today for the first time. Both my husband and I agree:Room Freshener!Smells like the brand that came in both spray and carpet deodorizer; perhaps Glade? It's very familiar to me, like one I used in the early 90's. Cute bottle though; that's why this gets any lippies, though the lid kept falling off.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2011 3:18:00 AM More reviews by captainflamingo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I work at a department store and we carry Purr. It is selling really well since it came out and I have spritzed it on myself a fair number of times and I am confident I can give a fair review. Purr is a fruity scent, typical for celebrities, but unlike one I've smelled before. When I first smelled it, I smelled coconuts and a woody note. Then I began to smell some grape. Then some cherry-esque tartness.
The fragrance is definitely more complex than I would have given a fuirty celebrity scent for, especially one by Katy Perry.
The smell is pretty close to being wonderful. It's bright and happy and suits everybody's body chemistry, as far as I can tell. The notes are pretty linear throughout the 3-6 hours of wear time. The notes according to fragrantica are "top notes of peach, forbidden apple, gardenia and green bamboo with the heart of jasmine, pink freesia and Bulgarian rose and the base of vanilla orchid, creamy sandalwood, white amber, coconut and musk." I detect little floral in the fragrance.
The bottle is, of course, adorable to the max, but the top is rather clunky and we've had a couple defective spray nozzles which stopped working mid bottle.
The price is one of the most reasonable one would see in a department store. I would recommend this to women of all ages as a fun, fruity scent that lasts a while and doesn't break the bank, but it is certainly not a remarkable or extremely memorable perfume.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/5/2011 5:08:00 PM More reviews by beth54

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I go to Nordstrom's regularly-at least once a week, and my regular saleslady makes me samples and generally pampers me to death. If a fragrance is available that she thinks meets my tastes-she shows them to me and is always very creative in what she shows me. I do purchase most of my fragrances there. However, I am so surprised that she never even bothered to give me a sniff of Purr. Perhaps it's my age-I'm 57 years young, and Katy Perry definitely plays to a much younger crowd. Saying that, here is my story with Purr. Day before yesterday, hubby and I were in Wal-mart buying grandchildren toys for a b-day. I walked past the fragrance display and noticed a really cute display of a bottle of Purr-so cute! Purple kitten-even at my age, who can resist that? Plus, I was thinking grand-daughter. There was a spritzer, I tried a small amount on my wrist, I had failed to use any fragrance before our trip to the store, so the Purr went onto a naked wrist. At first sniff-it was, well nice and sweet, girly and somewhat fruity. But as I shopped-the fragrance GREW into a lovely full floral-orange blossoms is what I mainly got- and by the time we got home, hubby was asking what perfume I was wearing. This is a grouchy 65 yr. old bear who hates my obsession with fragrance! He said that whatever I was wearing, get a bottle of that because it was one of the best fragrances I had brought home in a long time. Amazing! It was the dry-down that intoxicated him. At our age, snuggling is usually not that common LOL-but he wanted me near him-CLOSELY! I'm not necessarily a fan of Katy Perry-only seen her once-certainly not my cup of tea, but her fragrance is! I got on Amazon and ordered a large bottle for a great price-Nordstrom's-your loss. Had my saleslady thought out of the box and let me sniff Purr, she would have had the sale and commission, and I would have paid at least $40 more. Good for ME! It just goes to show you-don't judge a perfume by it's celebrity, bottle, brand, or price. Be your own advocate and get out there and find that great fragrance! You can't always count on the "experts", or the reviews. I can't wait to have that little purple cat next to my Malle's, Chanels, etc. Purr rocks!

35 out of 35 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No