E.L.F. Studio Makeup Mist & Set Spray

3.6

Water (Aqua), AMP-Acrylates/Allyl Methacrylate Copolymer, Propylene Glycol, Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe) Leaf Juice, Green Tea (Camelia Sinensis) Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate (Vc), Tocophryl Acetate (Ve) Retinyl Acytate (Va), Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

For $3, this stuff is a must-have for anyone! Whether you're a makeup artist or just getting into makeup. It has excellent ingredients that hydrate, soothe, and freshen-up your skin/makeup. I even have oily skin and i love this stuff! I use this setting spray when I wear cream-to-powder foundation that can tend to get cakey, or any "matte" foundation that I own; it livens up my foundation and gives me a natural finish. I also spray it on my makeup brushes when I'm applying thicker foundations and it makes them super blendable. I also spray some on this colorwheel concealer palette I own in which the concealers are very dry and hard to apply and look like utter crap when you put it on your skin; this spray makes it creamier and easier to use. The main performance ingredients are aloe, green tea, cucumber, and vitamins A, C, and E. It's 2.02 fl oz for $3 (at least that's the price at Wal-Mart). I plan on making this a staple in my makeup collection because not only is it great stuff on my skin, but on those whom I will be applying makeup (I will soon be a licensed esthetician). Many of my classmates who are makeup gurus say this is comparable to MAC's Fix Plus (or whatever it's called). I never actually thought I'd buy a "dewy" setting spray because my skin is so oily, but this stuff is just amazing. And, again, for only $3... I should probably go to Wal-Mart like now and buy all of them.

sets your makeup so well, and doesn't budge and when i look back at 6 pm at night after school, everything still looks so FLLLLLlllEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEKKKKKK

This is one of the first E.L.F. products that I decided to recently try since E.LF. products are not readily available around here until fairly recently (at WalMart and somewhat at TJMaxx). It makes my face make-up look worse immediately after spraying it on. My first reaction to it was "ewww". But once it dries, it looks better. I used this spray on a make-up brush with my L'Oreal eyeshadow from one of their Nude La Palettes. And it made the shadow go on really nice and opaque (I got this suggestion from a YouTube video and decided to give it a try). Then I sprayed my face with it. My eyeshadow wouldn't dry and ended up in little balls on my eyelids - really gross looking. So even though it looks good at first, I would not recommend using this to wet your eyeshadow with. I don't really see a difference as far as the longevity of my overall face makeup goes, so I highly doubt I'll ever be repurchasing this particular product again.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Smells like rubbing alcohol but works as well as NYXs setting spray so I'll repurchase. Definitely made my foundation look less cakey and last longer.

I use this to spray on brush to apply foiled more intense look for eyeshadow. Have also been using it as a primer water and it has been working out great like that as well. It is not sticky so it works well for both purposes. Will repurchase!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I only used it as a setting spray and I have to say it was nothing special. Smelled funky (well, it smelled like water) and left my face feeling sticky. I'd tried it both before and after applying my makeup and either way my makeup didn't last any longer than not using it. Might have tried using it like how other reviewers have mentioned, if only I hadn't ended up tossing it.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

PROS:
-super cheap
-makes my makeup last a SIGNIFICANTLY longer time
-lasts in humid, hot temperatures (I've worn this in 100F / 37C weather)

CONS:
-I'm not a fan of the packaging - the product doesn't come out in a fine mist so you can't get an even distribution (however, a solution to this would be spraying this onto a sponge and then just applying that on your face)

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

This was a tough one for me. It doesn't particularly 'set' my make up but it does make it last a little longer. I usually use it to soften up a powdery face.
Does not break me out, but smells like rotten bananas.

the spray is definitely too much, so i spray it on a brush and pat it onto my face.
price point for $3 i would buy it again

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Does it mist? of course it does. Does it set? Nope it's kinda like spraying scented water on your face. It actually made my makeup worse. Within 30 minutes of application my face was a mess. Only consolation is the price its super cheap. It doesn't smell bad it Doesn't smell great either. The packaging is okay I guess, it's small and easy to throw in the bag the cap stays on too. Its just a glorified bottle of water really.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a good inexpensive spray. For me it doesn't increase the longevity of my foundation, but it does take that powdery look away. I use Revlon Colorstay so I'm not looking for a setting spray to increase the longevity of my foundation. I just wanted a spray that would give a more natural finish. That's what the E.L.F spray does. The mist isn't as fine as I would like it to be compared to other sprays. For $3 it's worth it in my opinion though. It doesn't break me out either.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools