July 25, 2014 | 1774 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - E.L.F. - Studio Makeup Mist & Set Spray

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2013 4:11:00 AM More reviews by neurosciguy

YOU GUYS DO NOT REALIZE WHAT A PHENOMENAL PRODUCT THIS IS. I have searched high and low for a setting spray without alcohol that ALSO has good skin benefits; it's hard enough to find any without alcohol but any that are really good for skin are in the 20-30 dollar range, this is just 3!!!! I don't find to particularly help my makeup last longer per se (maybe a bit, alcohol-based sprays, while terrible for skin, are just better at that due to the stronger film they form) but it definitely does "set" my foundation/concealer and take away that "makeup-ey" look... you know what I mean. Plus the ingredients really and truly are good for you! The two complaints I will make is that GOD-AWFUL spray nozzle, comes out in big droplets, be sure to hold a good distance from your face. I just put mine into an empty Urban Decay B6 bottle (finest mist I've ever seen) and it works. Also if you get it either transfer it to a better opaque bottle (like I did) or do the ghetto method of covering it in duct tape to protect the ingredients from light.
Highly recommend and will be repurchasing!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/26/2013 6:54:00 AM More reviews by zurbaby

Hate the sprits of the spray. And this does nothing for my face, I sorely believe its just water. LOL

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2013 3:40:00 AM More reviews by Dunzo0712

Price was $3 at Target it works wonderfully. be sure to hold far enough away from your face though or you'll mess up your makeup

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2013 3:16:00 PM More reviews by shoewhore

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this a couple of months ago after hearing/reading about how makeup setting sprays make your makeup stay on & look good longer. I can tell a little bit of a difference, but not anything substantial.
A few weeks ago, Nordstrom Rack had the mini size of Urban Decay's All Nighter, so I bought a bottle to see if it was better than ELF's.
For 4 days in a row, I did my makeup (I also tried it with two different foundations) & sprayed one side with ELF, the other side with UD. The UD spray goes on in a nice fine mist, & the ELF spray goes on much wetter & takes a few minutes to dry. But the end result was the same for both sides of my face. Neither product made my makeup last longer than the other, & neither product caused my makeup to oxidize.
The bottom line for me is that even though I like that UDs spray went on in a finer, drier mist, in the end, it didn't work any better than the $3 ELF spray. But ultimately, neither one made my makeup last so much longer that I feel the need to incorporate using a setting spray into my makeup routine.

15 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2013 12:33:00 PM More reviews by Nola504

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've had this for some time and only used it a few times and then it was forgotten. Since then, I've had major problems with my skin being too oily (hormonal changes). Even using something like Revlon's Colorstay for Oily/Combo skin wouldn't keep the oil under control for very long.
For some reason, I thought about this spray again and out of desperation, applied it to my face right after my foundation. I let it dry and then applied a little powder and finished the rest of my makeup. The results have been amazing. It keeps the oil under control for a very long time. Even foundations that I had to give up because of my oily skin can now be used if I use the spray right after applying the foundation. And, subsequently, I haven't had as many breakouts. I am now in LOVE with it and plan on buying a few for backup. Love it!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/3/2013 3:41:00 PM More reviews by Melisaaaaxox

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Got this product at a winners a few months ago, not really one of my favourites because it feels sticky when i spray it on top of my makeup.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2013 3:36:00 PM More reviews by StephKatz1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After reading reviews I was worried about the "fish smell"

s soon as you open the bottle, the inside of the cap does indeed smell. I unscrewed the spray part of the bottle, and the product inside doesn't smell at all. Just wash off the cap and pump some water through the sprayer and you'll be fine.
I think this product helps, though I'm not really so sure, the difference isn't that noticeable to me. It definitely makes my powder settle quicker but I will not repurchase

rated 4 of 5 on 11/2/2013 9:04:00 PM More reviews by lovemymakeup88

I love this product. I normally wear Mac studio fix foundation and use Mac mineralized skin finish to set it and after a hour of wear my face gets super shiny and anything that touches my face is always coated with my makeup(which is really embarrassing). So, I bought this spray and it's just like hairspray for my face. I can hug all over my husband now without losing half my makeup and ruining all his shirts :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2013 4:08:00 AM More reviews by sw3etpinay

So, I have been using this for quite a while. I must say that this is amazing.
What I do is I apply my foundation, eye makeup, and setting powder. Next I spray this onto my face at least 4 times (it's about 3 feet away from my face) and then I fan out my dewy looking face with my fingers for a few minutes or so (if that made any sense).
This indeed sets my makeup for the entire day, and right when I get home I still look the same!
I also haven't noticed any signs of breaking out which is such a plus.
This is only 3 bucks at Target so you have nothing to lose [:.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2013 1:58:00 PM More reviews by Rheuai

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is the first makeup setting spray that I've used, so I've not much to compare it to. However, I will say this is an amazing spray for the price!

PROS:
-super cheap
-makes my makeup last a SIGNIFICANTLY longer time
-lasts in humid, hot temperatures (I've worn this in 100F / 37C weather)

CONS:
-none I can think of!