December 21, 2014 | 1260 users online

Makeup Brushes - E.L.F. - e.l.f. Studio 11 Piece Brush Collection

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2012 10:55:00 AM More reviews by xyoru

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Other

Amazing! Previously before owning the studio collection, I owned the regular elf brushes (that are $1 each) and they sucked. I ended up throwing out a majority of them because they were scratchy and terrible.
I originally bought this set just for the flat top powder brush, I had heard great reviews about it and didn't want to order just one brush online (being in Canada, one brush and shipping is not worth it at all). I found this at my local winners and immediately bought it!
First off all the brushes are amazingly soft, especially the complexion brush. I've experienced minimal shedding with some brushes, and some of the ferrules are loose/have fallen off. Easily knocked back into place, but for the price I can't complain. In my opinion, the brush holder/bag it comes with stinks!!
Elf products are generally a hit or miss (depending on the 'batch' they're made in) and most of mine have been a hit! For the price you definitely aren't losing anything with getting a few brushes. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2012 2:03:00 AM More reviews by tiffybabyxoxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE these brushes! I rate them a 4 only because nothing is "perfect" but they are mighty close! Really inexpensive and great quality. I ordered my set during a sale and I honestly can say I would have paid full price for them. I've experienced no odor, no shedding, great usage, and easy to clean... I would highly recommend this product if you question what to order overall from the site or even if you can find it in stores.

Hope this helped!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2011 3:54:00 PM More reviews by alesp

People, I really loved it. I am from brazil, and I bought when I went to Orlando, July 11st. I paid $10, and it's very very good. When I found the last box of this, I screamed to my mom "moooooooom, I found what I would want". And I was very very happy. Thank u for read this, bye bye

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2011 2:26:00 AM More reviews by pjw1209

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the present that I purchase for all of my friends and family, and I have two of my own. One of the brush sets, are my regular everyday makeup tools. The other brush set is in my travel bag, so that I have my favorite brushes when I am out on the road,

I am not going to review each and every brush in the collection. However, the majority of the brushes are my favorites. The brushes are an excellent value ~ if you are lucky enough to get a 50% off coupon. I've been using the e.l.f. brushes for about two years, along with Eco Tools and I cannot even imagine buying expensive makeup brushes. The Studio e.l.f. brushes are sensational, and I am going to keep buying them as gifts for my friends and family...

rated 3 of 5 on 6/8/2011 6:05:00 PM More reviews by lollipoplucyluyc

I HATE the stippling brush. It annoys the heck out of my skin! It is so terrible.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2011 11:43:00 PM More reviews by labellevie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am obsessed with these. I got the set during a 50% off sale so they were 15 bucks!

They dont' shed, I use ALL of them except the fan brush...and they are insanely soft. I wish it came with one I could use for blending eyeshadows but I really have no complaints.

I have found these studio line brushes are better than the regular ones...that are white.

BUY these!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2011 11:58:00 PM More reviews by gorbe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Very handy product at an unbeatable price. The brushes are good quality, easily washed, soft, dense, and don't shed. The only thing in the brush set I don't use is the holder, it's useless to me. And the fan brush. But still a great deal! Also the chemical smell some people complain of will go away after a few washes, have no fear.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2011 3:46:00 PM More reviews by STACEYFFF

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I agree with all of the wonderful things stated about this product: the brushes are extremely functional and are an absolute steal.

However, the brushes I received three weeks ago still have a very strong, unpleasant chemical odor. The odor emanates from the handles. I have shampooed them numerous times, left them air out, placed them in sunlight for only slightly improvement.

That being said, I do not want them near my face (for now- too bad!). I suspect that what I am smelling is possibly hazardous to my health. These are uber cheap and made in China- think about

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/26/2011 12:43:00 AM More reviews by DestinyLost

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love these brushes. I actually have 2 sets of them! There is only one brush in the set that I have had a major problem with, but about 3 others have had the barrel come right off the handle of the brush. One of the powder brushes, which I use for my liquid foundation, sheds CONSTANTLY. I think it's lost about 1/3 of the hairs that were in it by now. I'm kind of curious to see if it will ever stop. Also, this one came with the brush not being glued to that handle, which is a real bummer. I don't have much purpose for the fan brushes, occasionally I use them to wipe away fallout, or even apply a contour shade on my cheeks, but honestly I could live without them. The eyeshadow c brush is amazing, though perhaps a bit large for a lid brush for me. I use it mostly as a highlighting/brow bone brush. The complexion brush is great for finishing powder or blush, and the blush brush I really only use for contouring. The angled foundation brush i use to apply masks to my face, but for foundation they are not my favorite. The concealer brush I use for my lids, and the contour brush is great for your crease. The smudge brush is a bit odd in my opinion, and too stiff to be comfortable to use, because of this, i typically use it for my eyebrows. And the angled liner brush is amazing for both liner and filling in brows with powder. I plan on purchasing more single brushes from this set as I need it. Because this set is kind of lacking on a blending brush, I purchased 2 of the $1 blending eye brushes to round out the set. And the cases, I actually threw one away, and kept the other in case I travel. I don't really need them laying around my house :)
If you have no other brushes, this is a wonderful starter set!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2011 10:23:00 PM More reviews by blndiee06

These are amazing brushes and I don't think you fully understand until you use them. I honestly prefer these over MAC brushes as 1) they are wayyyy cheaper and 2) they are softer!

Highly highly recommend these!