July 25, 2014 | 1096 users online

Eye Shadow - Cover Girl - Eye Enhancers - Champagne

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 7/23/2010 7:09:00 PM More reviews by canderson54

I got this because I loved the colour in the package and it wasn't too expensive. When I got home and tried it I was slightly disappointed. It had lots of sparkle, and they seemed like large flecks, not just a shimmer, but I found there was hardly any pigment actual colour that showed up. So it was too much sparkle for me. I put it aside sadly disappointed. Then I tried it again a few days ago but this time decided to do a white eye pencil as a base all over my eyelid (blended in of course so it wasn't a white eyelid) and then put on the shadow. Well, it worked wonders! The colour stood out so much better on the eye lid and you could actually see it. Now I love the colour. Not sure about the staying power though because I was just playing with my make up one at night. As to whether or not I'll buy this again, I think it's a yes because I figured out how to wear it better, and I could use it as a highlighter under my brows, and in the corner of my eyes. I don't think I'll be going through it too quickly though

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2010 4:43:00 PM More reviews by bhindhazeleyez

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this shade for highlighting my browbone and inner corner. It is shimmery and really finishes most eye looks. It lasts a good amount of time when I use a primer, but not so long without one. Sometimes I like to do this all over the lid in the summer with some mascara and it is a nice shimmery look to do when I have a little bit of a tan and am at the beach or something. Overall, it is a nice color and something I reach for a lot of the times when I am pressed for time getting ready in the morning. I like to use it with CG tapestry taupe and it creates a nice day look for work.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2010 7:40:00 AM More reviews by LolaMay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this eyeshadow.It was one of my first ever and I used to use this with just a little bit of eyeliner and mascara...and it still looked really nice and polished. I used this as a base color all the way up to my brow or as a highlight in the inner corner or on brow. It's great...very smooth and blendable. It also layers well so it can be a slight highlight or very noticeable.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/13/2010 11:51:00 PM More reviews by krisah375

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Champagne shows up on my fair to medium, cool-toned skin as a shimmery, frosty light beige-- and a good bit less pigmented than in the package. I bought this for the purpose of browbone and inner eye highlighting, and I do put it to work for those reasons. Sometimes it can look good over the whole eyelid (with e/l and mascara) for a shimmery, woken-up look. As an eyelid shadow, this shade would look better on a dark skin tone-- probably showing up more pigmented.

However, the staying power of this is "meh". Also, the quality sucks. Granted I have never worn eye primer, and my lids can be oily, but I have worn other DS brand eye shadows this way and they have stayed better. I can rub my eye and it will come off. I consider it just an average DS find, and will keep looking.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2010 9:13:00 PM More reviews by Rachelesque

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have a few of the Cover Girl Eye Enhancers, because the price is low and it's an inexpensive way for me to dabble in colors I wouldn't wear all the time. In general, the colors tend to be on the sheer side, but can be stronger if I use an eyeshadow primer first. This sheerness is actually a boon for me, since I am very fair and can't pull off strong colors. My only real objection to this line how much it tends to dust off below my eyes during application.

Champagne is a very light neutral with strong yellow undertones. It is much more shimmery on the skin than you would expect from the packaging. It also pops yellow a lot more than I expected on my cool skin. It does work well as a highlighter. I would definitely recommend this to someone with warm skin looking for a highlighter.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/25/2010 9:25:00 AM More reviews by iluvMUA

Way too frosty

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2010 4:23:00 PM More reviews by MelanieNYC

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this color! I actually use it 10x more than my Stila Kitten. Where Kitten is pretty and nice, it is so glittery and just doesn't always work. Champagne is a beautiful wash with just the right amount of sparkle. It is also not nearly as yellow as Kitten and can be layered nicely with other eyeshadows or just worn alone. A great drugstore find!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2010 10:49:00 AM More reviews by leoisillon

I'm very much on the fence about this particular CG shade. I loved the color when I saw it in the store. When I actually put it on, it was uber pearlescent on the lids. I think using a tiny amount goes a long way. It's just not what I was expecting. I guess I was thinking it would be more matte.... not sure. I'll report back later after I've used it some more.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2010 11:55:00 PM More reviews by Dreamcrusher86

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm not sure,but I think I just bought the lightest shade in the Shimering Sands trio.The two colors looking nothing alike in the pan.Champagne has less pink in it and isn't as frosty as the one in the trio,but when swatched and worn on the eye I can't tell the two apart.Very pretty color so 3 lippies for that,but I don't need another color just like the one I already have.Oh well,atleast it was super cheap............

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2010 12:37:00 PM More reviews by lovecoma

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I'm sure others have said but this is a very good dupe of Stila's Kitten. I don't have the shadow but I do have the smudgepot. The color is almost dead-on for that with the Kitten being maybe slightly pinker but only slightly.

I didn't have problem with fallout on this, a reason I tend to steer clear of anything other than matte shadow typically. It stayed on all day which for me was about 8:30 am to 10 pm. I was using E.L.F.'s mineral primer and a shade from the Revlon creme shadow palette "Twilight" (the pinkish one if anyone's curious) as a base.

I very much like this and will buy again.