April 21, 2014 | 979 users online

Eye Shadow - Cover Girl - Eye Enhancers - Champagne

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2010 7:40:00 AM More reviews by LolaMay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this eyeshadow.It was one of my first ever and I used to use this with just a little bit of eyeliner and mascara...and it still looked really nice and polished. I used this as a base color all the way up to my brow or as a highlight in the inner corner or on brow. It's great...very smooth and blendable. It also layers well so it can be a slight highlight or very noticeable.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/13/2010 11:51:00 PM More reviews by krisah375

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Champagne shows up on my fair to medium, cool-toned skin as a shimmery, frosty light beige-- and a good bit less pigmented than in the package. I bought this for the purpose of browbone and inner eye highlighting, and I do put it to work for those reasons. Sometimes it can look good over the whole eyelid (with e/l and mascara) for a shimmery, woken-up look. As an eyelid shadow, this shade would look better on a dark skin tone-- probably showing up more pigmented.

However, the staying power of this is "meh". Also, the quality sucks. Granted I have never worn eye primer, and my lids can be oily, but I have worn other DS brand eye shadows this way and they have stayed better. I can rub my eye and it will come off. I consider it just an average DS find, and will keep looking.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2010 9:13:00 PM More reviews by Rachelesque

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have a few of the Cover Girl Eye Enhancers, because the price is low and it's an inexpensive way for me to dabble in colors I wouldn't wear all the time. In general, the colors tend to be on the sheer side, but can be stronger if I use an eyeshadow primer first. This sheerness is actually a boon for me, since I am very fair and can't pull off strong colors. My only real objection to this line how much it tends to dust off below my eyes during application.

Champagne is a very light neutral with strong yellow undertones. It is much more shimmery on the skin than you would expect from the packaging. It also pops yellow a lot more than I expected on my cool skin. It does work well as a highlighter. I would definitely recommend this to someone with warm skin looking for a highlighter.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/25/2010 9:25:00 AM More reviews by iluvMUA

Way too frosty

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2010 4:23:00 PM More reviews by MelanieNYC

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this color! I actually use it 10x more than my Stila Kitten. Where Kitten is pretty and nice, it is so glittery and just doesn't always work. Champagne is a beautiful wash with just the right amount of sparkle. It is also not nearly as yellow as Kitten and can be layered nicely with other eyeshadows or just worn alone. A great drugstore find!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2010 10:49:00 AM More reviews by leoisillon

I'm very much on the fence about this particular CG shade. I loved the color when I saw it in the store. When I actually put it on, it was uber pearlescent on the lids. I think using a tiny amount goes a long way. It's just not what I was expecting. I guess I was thinking it would be more matte.... not sure. I'll report back later after I've used it some more.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2010 11:55:00 PM More reviews by Dreamcrusher86

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm not sure,but I think I just bought the lightest shade in the Shimering Sands trio.The two colors looking nothing alike in the pan.Champagne has less pink in it and isn't as frosty as the one in the trio,but when swatched and worn on the eye I can't tell the two apart.Very pretty color so 3 lippies for that,but I don't need another color just like the one I already have.Oh well,atleast it was super cheap............

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2010 12:37:00 PM More reviews by lovecoma

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I'm sure others have said but this is a very good dupe of Stila's Kitten. I don't have the shadow but I do have the smudgepot. The color is almost dead-on for that with the Kitten being maybe slightly pinker but only slightly.

I didn't have problem with fallout on this, a reason I tend to steer clear of anything other than matte shadow typically. It stayed on all day which for me was about 8:30 am to 10 pm. I was using E.L.F.'s mineral primer and a shade from the Revlon creme shadow palette "Twilight" (the pinkish one if anyone's curious) as a base.

I very much like this and will buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/19/2009 11:00:00 PM More reviews by tokyorosa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a good shadow, more shimmery than I expected. Works great as a highlight and a little goes a *long* way--so much so that I probably will pass the very product I purchased on to any future generations in my family.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/1/2009 2:51:00 AM More reviews by jillian980

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

This is Kitten's unruly little sister. It's gorgeous in the pan and when swatched, but somehow migrates from my browbone to my cheeks when I'm wearing it, and that's with a primer. It's too bad because it's so lovely when I first put it on, but I need eyeshadow that knows how to behave. Next time I'll invest in a better highlighter, even though it breaks my heart that this isn't the drugstore HG I was hoping for.