Cover Girl Eye Enhancers - Champagne

4.1

Price: $

Price: $

CG TESTS ON ANIMALS.

I use this as a browbone/inner corner/eyeball highlight. It goes nicely with the neutral looks that I generally wear for work.
CG shadows actually leave a lot to be desired. I love the color, but not so much the texture. I usually tap my fluffy brush on the pan one time for each eye for all of my highlighting needs, and it's fine. I just wish the shadow was more finely-milled and not so powdery and talc-y. It doesn't blend really well. Staying power is good with primer, and no fall-out that I have noticed. Price is fine (under 3 bucks for a huge pan). Since I have so much product and use it sparingly, I will never need to re-purchase (though I would if I had to, since it's a good all-purpose highlight for my NW15 skintone).

My HG eye makeup highlight color for many years now! great shade and amount of shimmer!

I got this because I loved the colour in the package and it wasn't too expensive. When I got home and tried it I was slightly disappointed. It had lots of sparkle, and they seemed like large flecks, not just a shimmer, but I found there was hardly any pigment actual colour that showed up. So it was too much sparkle for me. I put it aside sadly disappointed. Then I tried it again a few days ago but this time decided to do a white eye pencil as a base all over my eyelid (blended in of course so it wasn't a white eyelid) and then put on the shadow. Well, it worked wonders! The colour stood out so much better on the eye lid and you could actually see it. Now I love the colour. Not sure about the staying power though because I was just playing with my make up one at night. As to whether or not I'll buy this again, I think it's a yes because I figured out how to wear it better, and I could use it as a highlighter under my brows, and in the corner of my eyes. I don't think I'll be going through it too quickly though

I love this shade for highlighting my browbone and inner corner. It is shimmery and really finishes most eye looks. It lasts a good amount of time when I use a primer, but not so long without one. Sometimes I like to do this all over the lid in the summer with some mascara and it is a nice shimmery look to do when I have a little bit of a tan and am at the beach or something. Overall, it is a nice color and something I reach for a lot of the times when I am pressed for time getting ready in the morning. I like to use it with CG tapestry taupe and it creates a nice day look for work.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I love this eyeshadow.It was one of my first ever and I used to use this with just a little bit of eyeliner and mascara...and it still looked really nice and polished. I used this as a base color all the way up to my brow or as a highlight in the inner corner or on brow. It's great...very smooth and blendable. It also layers well so it can be a slight highlight or very noticeable.

Champagne shows up on my fair to medium, cool-toned skin as a shimmery, frosty light beige-- and a good bit less pigmented than in the package. I bought this for the purpose of browbone and inner eye highlighting, and I do put it to work for those reasons. Sometimes it can look good over the whole eyelid (with e/l and mascara) for a shimmery, woken-up look. As an eyelid shadow, this shade would look better on a dark skin tone-- probably showing up more pigmented.

However, the staying power of this is "meh". Also, the quality sucks. Granted I have never worn eye primer, and my lids can be oily, but I have worn other DS brand eye shadows this way and they have stayed better. I can rub my eye and it will come off. I consider it just an average DS find, and will keep looking.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I have a few of the Cover Girl Eye Enhancers, because the price is low and it's an inexpensive way for me to dabble in colors I wouldn't wear all the time. In general, the colors tend to be on the sheer side, but can be stronger if I use an eyeshadow primer first. This sheerness is actually a boon for me, since I am very fair and can't pull off strong colors. My only real objection to this line how much it tends to dust off below my eyes during application.

Champagne is a very light neutral with strong yellow undertones. It is much more shimmery on the skin than you would expect from the packaging. It also pops yellow a lot more than I expected on my cool skin. It does work well as a highlighter. I would definitely recommend this to someone with warm skin looking for a highlighter.

Way too frosty

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I love this color! I actually use it 10x more than my Stila Kitten. Where Kitten is pretty and nice, it is so glittery and just doesn't always work. Champagne is a beautiful wash with just the right amount of sparkle. It is also not nearly as yellow as Kitten and can be layered nicely with other eyeshadows or just worn alone. A great drugstore find!

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I'm very much on the fence about this particular CG shade. I loved the color when I saw it in the store. When I actually put it on, it was uber pearlescent on the lids. I think using a tiny amount goes a long way. It's just not what I was expecting. I guess I was thinking it would be more matte.... not sure. I'll report back later after I've used it some more.