September 2, 2014 | 1703 users online

Treatments (Face) - Paula's Choice - RESIST Weekly Resurfacing Treatment

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2012 8:38:00 PM More reviews by Marie76

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Whow.
Putting it simply: Do you want to wake up with radiant, baby soft skin?
Put this on at night. You can only do it once a week and it will sting +++, but believe me, it's worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2012 5:15:00 PM More reviews by Myoung19

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is an absolutely AMAZING product!
The packaging does suck, it's like water and you could easily spill it if your not careful. Some use a cotton pad but to me that wastes too much product IMO.
I pour about a dime size amount into my clean palm, then use the fingers on my other hand to apply this on my face and neck area. That seems to work for me.

I apply this at night and since AHA products are moisturizing , I don't need to add anything over this.

After I wake up my skin is literally shockingly glowing, smooth and radiant! I was so shocked after my first use. I had a sample and immediately ordered this the next day with free shipping.

I would pay $50 for this product. It's totally HG product for me!

Doesn't not irritate, dry out, no flakes, with use. I use this twice a week, couldn't easily use this more often because my skin is not sensitive.

If your hesitant because of the price, order the sample set and see what you think.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2012 7:37:00 AM More reviews by Ancatje

I can't help but add to the good reviews.
This stuff really works! The texture of my skin has improved and the uneven skin tone had been getting, well, more even.
I love how it's a clear water-like liquid, so I can use whatever other moistuiser or treatment I want on top and still not feel greasy.
I apply this with a cotton ball as I feel that when I used my fingers I would use up more product.
I have fairly sensitive skin and use this 2-3 times a week, depending on what my skin's doing at the time and other products that I'm using.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2012 11:18:00 AM More reviews by leslie0764

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This stuff is amazing!! Makes my skin as soft as can be. Started off leaving it on for only an hour, finally moved up to leaving it on all night. I can tell a big difference when I wake up the next morning. I cannot live without this stuff. The only downfall is the packaging, it's really runny which, in my opinion, makes it very wasteful.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/26/2012 2:13:00 AM More reviews by fedupwithmyskin

Started with BHA 2% for 6 days and was saw some a little result. Decided to use this on the 7th day. Had break-outs the next morning. I have smoother skin but break-outs! Sigh...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2012 10:29:00 AM More reviews by Walko

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm going to keep on using this. My skin tone seems to have evened out, and a few tiny bumps I have at the side of my head seem to have decreased, although not gone.I wouldn't say this is a miracle product, but i suppose it depends on your skin to begin with.I haven't experienced any peeling or flaking with this, but to be honest, I really don't think this is a good sign. I'd stop using it if that happened.I use this twice a week and I think that's adequate.I know us women love to look after our skin, but you can over exfoliate and that can do more harm than good. It's so important to get the right balance.This is very powerful stuff, but used sensibly is a great product.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2012 9:54:00 PM More reviews by Hoovlet

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'm 46, and my skin now looks better than it did when I was 30. I first credit Obagi Nu Derm and Retin-a (and of course the Clarisonic Mia) which have dramatically improved uneven tone and discoloration, but since I started Paula's Choice Weekly Resist it has become noticeably better, going from great to amazing. I should add that I did get a few pimples when I first started using it, but now I get none or only tiny ones very rarely. I used to get compliments on my skin; but now people seem enthralled and want to know exactly what I'm doing. I use this stuff after cleansing with alcohol, not Paula's Choice Toner (which I use otherwise), once or twice a week, and I sleep with it on. The first few times I peeled about three days later. I still peel a few days later, but the amount of peeling has decreased. After I get out of the shower these days, and go to dab my concealer on brown and red spots from pimples, etc., I am still surprised that I don't need it. Anywhere. All the post-acne hyperpigmentation that stubbornly persisted is now gone, and I can forget about the laser treatments I was considering.

7 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/11/2012 8:36:00 PM More reviews by ocicat

Tried this when it was released a few months ago. Noticed smoother skin after the first application, but results stopped after that. Probably because I already have pretty good skin, with no real issues, and I'm quite young (nearly 30 but skin looks much younger).
Can sting on first application, but adapts with time. I also use her 2% BHA lotion, so found this to not make any further improvements.
Only recently realized that this is not that 'new'- she has had 10% AHA body lotion for quite a few years. I have no issues with using her body products on my face, because as she rightly says, if it suits your skin type, face and body products can be used interchangeably (and I have been using her 2% BHA body lotion on face and body for many years).
So, I've given this to mum (she loved the results- smooth skin). And as for myself, using 2%BHA face lotion nightly, plus BHA9 as spot treatment on blackheads (nose). Use 2%BHA and 10% AHA body lotion on my body- BHA for oily areas (chest, back), AHA on limbs and hands/feet. Great results! (Hydrating mask as additional moistuiser, Superantioxidant Concentrate too).
Paula's products are truly great! I've been using them for over 10 years!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2012 8:06:00 PM More reviews by heather

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Yes, this definitely works. However, it is truly a weekly treatment for me; if I try to use it more often than weekly I end up with a face full of irritation. I'm now alternating this every 3-4 evenings with M2 HP Skin Refinish 20%. I use PC BHA on the nights I don't use either of these. As effective as this product is, the price is very reasonable. I apply with fingertips, as I don't want to waste any of this on a cotton ball. I do recommend starting with a sample and patch-testing with this product, especially if you are used to a 10% (or more) AHA product that is not as effective as this.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2012 7:12:00 PM More reviews by ssaddle

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I apply this with my fingertips, careful not to waste it by dripping since its a fluid. In the morning my skin is actually radiant, its really impressive! I have sensitive skin and was worried about irritation but that hasn't happened and I've been using this for a few months now. End result has been a more even skin tone, smoother skin, everything feels tighter. Love this stuff!