Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat No 1

3.8

on 7/17/2011 2:41:00 PM

I have tried all these type of highlighting pens and I always come back to the original pioneer, YSL, it is creamy, soft and sheer but could be layered for medium coverage. It isn't my favorite. Chanel's Lumière Eclat pen is my favorite b/c it gives more coverage and costs much lest. 57$ for the YSL is ridiculous, especially if you need coverage...then you run out after a month unless you use it sheer, 1 layer tops and very minimal. Took 1 lippie off for the cost, *absolutely* not worth 50$+tax. Otherwise, the Chanel is more suited for covering using MUCH less product and it is even more creamy and moisturizing and it 40$ compared to 50$ for the YSL. I am addicted to theses pens, but I would only repurchase the Chanel b/c of the quality versus cost issues. The Chanel lasts me about 4 months daily use b/c a little goes a long way compared to YSL that lasts 1 month! Also please AVOID the Dior highlighter Pen....unless you want to throw money in the trash. It was far the worst I have tried. It was way too drying, zero coverage, the pink color looked awfully pink, think of barbie pink....awful consistency/color/texture...and it ran out after 2 weeks. What a waist, 57 dollars in Canada...save your cash and buy a nice brush or eye palette that will LAST... for exactly the same cost !!!! It was far the most useless item in my makeup bag!

on 7/17/2011 2:24:00 PM

I caved and had to try this as I love highlighters, especially with no obvious glimmer. This is a good product. The results are super subtle-but if that shadow by your nose bothers you, those under eye circles are relentless, or you do not want to rim your inner corners with glitter- this is a way more sophisticated and extremely natural look.
The packaging is so/so..I have not experienced the mold odor like some have mentioned, but if you are to apply with a brush, wouldn't you use it to blend too? The brush does not blend the product well, you need your fingers and just a swipe, it sinks into your skin quickly. There is also little consistency regarding the amount of clicks for how much product is dispensed. Sometimes too much comes out and of course, you never know when it is empty.
The feel is rich and velvety but blends really well. Not chalky, dry, or stubborn in any way.
The shade 1 is great because it is not too pink-a color I abhor in illuminators. It is more a combo of several tones..almost pale peach when applied but looks pretty light on me when blended out. I would be curious to try another shade to see if there is a difference-all and all this is very nice, and can be touched up later in the day without caking.

on 6/25/2011 6:49:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have really bad veins and dark cicles under my eyes, i have a few techniques for using this concealer.
But i think its a really good concealer its light and covers really well i got the lightest colour there was as i was told to by the women and it is really good. You have to get like 2 shades down from your natural skin colour in concealers they have to be light.
Anyway i think this concealer covers dark circles and veins, its deffently worth the price i would go get this if i was you!!. really worth it you wont get let down.
Its also very easy to apply as its liquidy.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I was very disappointed with this product, mainly because it does nothing more then what the body shop version does, and seeing as your paying more for this one, you'd expect a better performance but sadly not.
I had problems with the pen click, i would keep pressing it and it came out in inconsistent splats and in terms of 'brightening' my under eye, it looked more like concealer and hardly brightened up my face at all.
I think it depend's on the individual, my friend has had it in the past and it looks amazing on her, but it's not for everyone.
If you want a good dupe, try The Body Shop's 'Lightening Touch', it works just as good, but better in my opinion.

on 5/17/2011 11:00:00 AM

Love this product, have tried many other brands but none match up so this is a regular purchase which is worth the price tag.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

What a waste of money. This product does nothing special. I can barely see it once on my skin and its so drying. Too much hyper over this.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I know this concealer is a cult fav and for years have wanted to try it but decided to get a sample of it at Sephora before I purchased this. I had read about Maybelline's Instant Age Rewind Double Face Perfector being a good dupe for this and decided to compare the two. I was SHOCKED to find I actually like the Maybelline concealer better! For years I have snubbed my nose to Maybelline other than their mascara, but have to say that it surpassed the TE as far as highlighting and covering up my undereye dark circles. I am a high end girl for products that really work, but I would not pay $$$$ for this when I can buy the Maybelline dupe for $8.99 with a dollar off coupon at Walgreens!

on 3/22/2011 10:37:00 PM

I just returned this to Sephora. After watching some youtube videos, I had to have this. It didn't work for me as well as the people on the videos. I tried it under my eyes but it didn't really hide anything. And seemed to accentuate my bags. I tried it on a mark on my face but it did not cover anything. I then tried it as a highlighter but soon found that if I put a transparent powder over it to set it, it disintegrated and looked like nothing was there. In fact, if you have a powder on your face prior to putting this on, it will disintegrate anyway. Perhaps it works better for other people, but not me.

on 3/14/2011 1:31:00 PM

Before I put this under my eyes, I do not see wrinkles. Shortly thereafter, wrinkles really show up. There are several popular ones that do this on me. Concealers showing off wrinkles on me include Laura Mercier and PTR Unwrinkle.

Also, as a previous reviewer stated, my eyeliner sort of starts coming off even theought I do use the concealer last. I guess it cannot be used even close to the liner.

I will say, however, that I have been searching for a great day eye cream for some time. The eye cream probably contributes to the eyeliner disappearing.

on 3/14/2011 11:32:00 AM

Not worth the hype. I had been lemming this product for years. What a disappointment. It is nothing more than a glorified concealer. It cakes into fine lines and really does not provide good coverage.

Top Rated Yves Saint Laurent Products