October 30, 2014 | 1464 users online

Highlighters - Yves Saint Laurent - Touche Eclat No 1

rated 1 of 5 on 5/1/2011 7:41:00 AM More reviews by red_smarties

What a waste of money. This product does nothing special. I can barely see it once on my skin and its so drying. Too much hyper over this.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2011 1:51:00 AM More reviews by singwritenow

I know this concealer is a cult fav and for years have wanted to try it but decided to get a sample of it at Sephora before I purchased this. I had read about Maybelline's Instant Age Rewind Double Face Perfector being a good dupe for this and decided to compare the two. I was SHOCKED to find I actually like the Maybelline concealer better! For years I have snubbed my nose to Maybelline other than their mascara, but have to say that it surpassed the TE as far as highlighting and covering up my undereye dark circles. I am a high end girl for products that really work, but I would not pay $$$$ for this when I can buy the Maybelline dupe for $8.99 with a dollar off coupon at Walgreens!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/22/2011 10:37:00 PM More reviews by sexyann

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I just returned this to Sephora. After watching some youtube videos, I had to have this. It didn't work for me as well as the people on the videos. I tried it under my eyes but it didn't really hide anything. And seemed to accentuate my bags. I tried it on a mark on my face but it did not cover anything. I then tried it as a highlighter but soon found that if I put a transparent powder over it to set it, it disintegrated and looked like nothing was there. In fact, if you have a powder on your face prior to putting this on, it will disintegrate anyway. Perhaps it works better for other people, but not me.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/14/2011 1:31:00 PM More reviews by Belann

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Before I put this under my eyes, I do not see wrinkles. Shortly thereafter, wrinkles really show up. There are several popular ones that do this on me. Concealers showing off wrinkles on me include Laura Mercier and PTR Unwrinkle.

Also, as a previous reviewer stated, my eyeliner sort of starts coming off even theought I do use the concealer last. I guess it cannot be used even close to the liner.

I will say, however, that I have been searching for a great day eye cream for some time. The eye cream probably contributes to the eyeliner disappearing.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2011 11:32:00 AM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Not worth the hype. I had been lemming this product for years. What a disappointment. It is nothing more than a glorified concealer. It cakes into fine lines and really does not provide good coverage.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2011 2:07:00 PM More reviews by glossyxlipz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

I tried this and feel that its an ok product...but not worth the 45 bucks. I do not have serious eye circles and I was not using this as a concealer. My intention was to use it as a way to brighten up my eye area. It did an ok job doing that, but I wasn't blown away by the results. For highlighting my face, I much prefer my NARS orgasm illuminator to this.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/10/2011 1:29:00 PM More reviews by eligagalove

I did not like this product at all. It did little to brighten my under eye circles. I tried various methods in order to make this product work. i put MAC Studio Fix concealer underneath and YSL Touche Eclat over it. It did not work. I tried the poduct alone and it looked better but not much of a difference. Definately, not worth the money. I know that on some people it works but if you have extreme under eye circles you should not purchase this product. It was like $40-45. I rather go buy 4 depoted MAC eyeshadows, seriously.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/10/2011 12:29:00 PM More reviews by ilovemakeupdotcom31

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Blue

i dont really get the hype about this concealer, apparently theres one sold every second worldwide....why?/ its ok,no better no worse than any other concealer i ever used,also i find when i put it on my dark circles my eyeliner runs all day...V.annoying!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2011 1:16:00 AM More reviews by tsmith4896

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Well, after years (literally, years!) of debating whether to buy, I bought Touche Eclat No. 1 when my boyfriend gave me a gift certificate to Sephora. I AM IN LOVE! This is my new HG product! It brightens, conceals, highlights, and adds radiance. I primarly use it under my eyes for a soft, illuminated glow with some coverage. It turns my dark circles into almost normal looking skin. I also use this to conceal redness around my nose and to highlight in between my eyebrows. Really, this is great. It blends so very easily for seamless coverage/glow. I have already purchased another to keep in my purse. LOVE IT!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2011 6:36:00 AM More reviews by Lazulia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I like this a lot. I use this more as a highlighter than a concealer...I add it on top of a light concealer (at the moment Bourjois healthy mix). I like the colour, it really lightens, lifts and opens the eye. Blends in best with fingers I find.

Of course, it's overpriced for what it is, which is why I'm not giving it a perfect 5. Still, I like to use it on special occasions.

I don't think it is a great concealer, but as a highlighter, it really does a super job. Glad I got it.