Cover Girl Eye Enhancers

Price: $

Price: $

on 7/29/2008 12:50:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I only use this eyeshadow in "Shimmery Onyx" when creating a smoky eye look. I haven't been able to find another black shade with so much sparkle. Either when I'm applying it with an angled brush or by the end of the day, little black flecks gather near the corners of my eyes. In addition to putting a base on my eyelids I have to wet the brush before putting it on the powder and just hope that it still won't fall all over the side of my face. I haven't felt compelled to try this in any other shade. When I find another eyeshadow powder in a black with as much sparkle, I won't be using this anymore... I hardly even use it now.

Some of the worst shadows I've ever used. I'm by no means the kind of girl that won't touch drugstore makeup- I love L'Oreal Colour Riche- but I find that Cover Girl eyeshadows are just some of the worst quality stuff you can find. The texture is chalky, and the color doesn't even adhere to your skin. It flakes off very easily. For my senior picture, I wore one of the purple quads, and to tell the truth, looking at the photo today, it doesn't even look like I'm wearing eyeshadow. I tell people I was wearing purple eyeshadow and they just laugh. I'm sure there are some Cover Girl Eye Enhancers that last longer than others, but I have yet to have a good experience with one.
The truth is, if you want to buy drugstore eye makeup, anything will probably do but Cover Girl. If you'd like to buy eyeshadow that is good quality without the ridiculous prices that cost a pretty petty as this nation goes through its recession and we are forced to look for more wallet-friendly cosmetic brands (nooo!! LOL), then I'd really recommend Ulta eyeshadows, which are usually BOGOF for anywhere from three-six dollars. Or Flirt Cosmetics, which you can buy an eyeshadow pan for ten dollars and find comparable MAC quality with.
I'd recommend buying Cover Girl eyeshadow maybe for the young girl who is just starting to like makeup, and wants an eyeshadow for a stocking stuffer or whatever.

I happen to be a loyal customer of Cover Girl, but this pallid and boring shadow left me wanting so much more! Really, it's not an especially bad eyeshadow, it just leaves so much to be desired in its simplicity. The shade I have (doesn't help that it's Grey Suede, really) doesn't have any shimmer or interest at all. All it does is take up space in my make-up bag. I might make a stab at using it up once in a while, and try putting it on my lids as an attempt to define my eyes without looking like I was wearing eyeshadow, but it's no use. I'll probably have it 'til it turns to dust. So disappointed.
Edit: Uhh, yeah, so I threw it out. Bye!

on 7/1/2008 4:19:00 PM

Yes these are at a good price. The problem is that they don't work at all. No lasting power and not enough color impact. I wouldn't want to recommend this to anyone.

on 6/26/2008 6:25:00 PM

These just don't work for me. They don't go on smoothly at all--I will end up with cumps of color in some places, and almost none in other places. They don't feel good on my lid, they dont last...they're just not very good. There are other cheap shadows that look much better, like Maybelline and Milani eye shadows.

Eyes: Violet

have these in soft blossoms and country winds! they are very easy to blend and play with. very good product!

on 6/4/2008 10:51:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I am reviewing the new shades coming this summer and that are not in stores now, or at least not in Canada (the advantage of working as a drugstore cosmetic consultant). The trio is called Firecrackers (lime green + fuchsia + white) and the 4-kit is called Tropical something (blue + greenish turquoise + orange + light lime green). I was really excited about trying this, as most commercial cosmetic brands don't have crazy colours, but I was so disappointed when I tried this on, as the colour payoff is ridiculous. The colours are sooooooo sheer they are almost inexistant. I was expecting vibrant colours, but they are washed out and look incredibly cheap on the skin. The colours in the package look very interesting, but are such a disappointment when on the eyes. I wouldn't reccomend to anyone.

on 6/2/2008 9:56:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

An overall dull, low-quality eyeshadow.

I own it in a pallete of three with shades of a blue and a creamy white, and a darker, purple-maroon colour - and I have to admit, I was only suckered in by the cheap cheap price - about $3 CAN each.

I guess I got what I paid for.

The maroon seemed alright at first - the colour looked good on my skin - but after a couple of hours, my oily Asian lids has pretty much wiped all the colour away, (and it does fade anyway) and it creases really uglily. Plus, I get glitter all over my face somehow, no matter how much I try to prevent it, which is really annoying to clean up.

Also, the sponge-applicator thing, which it works alright, is too small and awkward (it is also one of the causes of my glitter problem). I would highly recommend a brush when using any powder eyeshadow.

However, when you use an eyeshadow primer (like Urban Decay), it solves the creasing problem - though I still wouldn't repurchase this product. The glitter factor is irritating, and for almost ALL of the shades there's not enough pigmentation to make any real difference to your look. It looks horribly washed-up and dull. The only exception I have is the dark-purple burgundy colour I have - it's good for everyday, but again, the GLITTER.

I gave it two lippies for the price, and I'm sure some people with non-oily lids and want a sheer coverage would find this suited for them - but not for me, no.

I'm just glad I didn't pay too much for this, or I would be much more annoyed.

i have this product in the three bares and i love it it so natural on me the colors work beautiful together it makes my brown eys pop.

on 3/21/2008 8:43:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I have 3 of these, one is white, mabye called snow or something, no shimmer, one is champagne, a shimmery beige color and one is disco ball, basically a silver, I do like the colors but after 1-2 hrs its creasing on my lids....
I have that problem with every eyeshadow so maybe its just me....
who knows....
It does go on smooth, the application sponge is not that great.