April 20, 2014 | 1652 users online

Eye Shadow - Cover Girl - Eye Enhancers

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2008 5:49:00 PM More reviews by imnotreallyadoctor

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I happen to be a loyal customer of Cover Girl, but this pallid and boring shadow left me wanting so much more! Really, it's not an especially bad eyeshadow, it just leaves so much to be desired in its simplicity. The shade I have (doesn't help that it's Grey Suede, really) doesn't have any shimmer or interest at all. All it does is take up space in my make-up bag. I might make a stab at using it up once in a while, and try putting it on my lids as an attempt to define my eyes without looking like I was wearing eyeshadow, but it's no use. I'll probably have it 'til it turns to dust. So disappointed.
Edit: Uhh, yeah, so I threw it out. Bye!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/1/2008 4:19:00 PM More reviews by LWAngel7

Yes these are at a good price. The problem is that they don't work at all. No lasting power and not enough color impact. I wouldn't want to recommend this to anyone.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/26/2008 6:25:00 PM More reviews by blueirisjazz

These just don't work for me. They don't go on smoothly at all--I will end up with cumps of color in some places, and almost none in other places. They don't feel good on my lid, they dont last...they're just not very good. There are other cheap shadows that look much better, like Maybelline and Milani eye shadows.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2008 6:18:00 PM More reviews by jerseygirlLove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

have these in soft blossoms and country winds! they are very easy to blend and play with. very good product!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/4/2008 10:51:00 AM More reviews by byourself

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I am reviewing the new shades coming this summer and that are not in stores now, or at least not in Canada (the advantage of working as a drugstore cosmetic consultant). The trio is called Firecrackers (lime green + fuchsia + white) and the 4-kit is called Tropical something (blue + greenish turquoise + orange + light lime green). I was really excited about trying this, as most commercial cosmetic brands don't have crazy colours, but I was so disappointed when I tried this on, as the colour payoff is ridiculous. The colours are sooooooo sheer they are almost inexistant. I was expecting vibrant colours, but they are washed out and look incredibly cheap on the skin. The colours in the package look very interesting, but are such a disappointment when on the eyes. I wouldn't reccomend to anyone.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/2/2008 9:56:00 PM More reviews by lucenaa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

An overall dull, low-quality eyeshadow.

I own it in a pallete of three with shades of a blue and a creamy white, and a darker, purple-maroon colour - and I have to admit, I was only suckered in by the cheap cheap price - about $3 CAN each.

I guess I got what I paid for.

The maroon seemed alright at first - the colour looked good on my skin - but after a couple of hours, my oily Asian lids has pretty much wiped all the colour away, (and it does fade anyway) and it creases really uglily. Plus, I get glitter all over my face somehow, no matter how much I try to prevent it, which is really annoying to clean up.

Also, the sponge-applicator thing, which it works alright, is too small and awkward (it is also one of the causes of my glitter problem). I would highly recommend a brush when using any powder eyeshadow.

However, when you use an eyeshadow primer (like Urban Decay), it solves the creasing problem - though I still wouldn't repurchase this product. The glitter factor is irritating, and for almost ALL of the shades there's not enough pigmentation to make any real difference to your look. It looks horribly washed-up and dull. The only exception I have is the dark-purple burgundy colour I have - it's good for everyday, but again, the GLITTER.

I gave it two lippies for the price, and I'm sure some people with non-oily lids and want a sheer coverage would find this suited for them - but not for me, no.

I'm just glad I didn't pay too much for this, or I would be much more annoyed.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2008 3:52:00 PM More reviews by ItalianAngel8131

i have this product in the three bares and i love it it so natural on me the colors work beautiful together it makes my brown eys pop.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/21/2008 8:43:00 PM More reviews by versace1008

I have 3 of these, one is white, mabye called snow or something, no shimmer, one is champagne, a shimmery beige color and one is disco ball, basically a silver, I do like the colors but after 1-2 hrs its creasing on my lids....
I have that problem with every eyeshadow so maybe its just me....
who knows....
It does go on smooth, the application sponge is not that great.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2008 10:02:00 PM More reviews by lithelune

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I can't even count how many of these little eye shadow singles I've purchased over the years; not to mention the ones that I still own!

Cover Girl, in my opinion, is THE drugstore brand for eye shadows. Eye Enhancer Singles are so inexpensive, you get a lot of makeup, and they are available in so many colours! Plus, I love the dual-ended brush that comes in each compact. It makes it a breeze to stash in your purse for re-applications throughout the day. Because you will most likely need to do so.

WIth Cover Girl Eye Enhancers, you'll expect to do at least one touch-up while you're out. If you use a base of some kind (another cream eye shadow in a neutral or matching shade) or primer, they last a lot better. This eye shadow can also be applied with a wet brush for a really dramatic or bright look. It lasts very well without any sort of base when applied this way.

Cover Girl will always be my first pick for drugstore quality, inexpensive eyeshadow. They will continue to produce fun new shades and well as the classic standbys at affordable prices.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/17/2008 1:26:00 PM More reviews by shannernanner

I had three of these I loved (Violete Frappe, a lovely dark purple, Lavender Twist, a medium lavender/purple, and Heather Brulee, a beautiful, shimmery burgundy), but I just found out that Cover Girl is a part of the Procter and Gamble family, which uses animal testing. I'm throwing these shadows out and not using their makeup any longer until they cease.