Revlon Super Lustrous Creme - Primrose

4.1

on 11/17/2012 11:21:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this pink! It's a neutral to cool-toned pink, but I wear it often and I'm warm-toned with light brown hair. It's not a bright or tacky Barbie pink, it's subtle enough to wear everyday. It's a creme formula, no frost or shimmer at all. I like to wear it with a smokey eye. It's not drying but it can be unforgiving on dry lips, be sure to put a lipbalm on underneath and exfoliate your dry lips often.

on 11/11/2012 10:35:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

This has been my go-to lipstick for awhile now, not much of a lipstick girl I was inspired to try it when my friend recommended it. Fell in love straight away.

Such a lovely, light frosty pink, great first step into lipsticks, as it's colour is quite light. I usually top it off with a similar gloss. Would make a great day lipstick as it's so light.

My only fault is that it doesn't last very long, I re-apply quite a bit when wearing it and now that I've discovered MAC lipsticks I'll probably switch to a similar shade in their line.

Would probably buy again if I wanted a cheap day lippie.

on 11/7/2012 1:33:00 PM

this lipstick looks great on lots of people, my friends have it and it looks good on all of them, so i thought it would look great on me too, but for some reason it doesn't.
i have light skin and brown/black hair, and it just makes me look weird. first it makes my teeth look really yellow, probably because of how pale the lipstick is, and also it makes me look dead, like my lips are so pale i look sick.
the consistency is alright, not as good as some other revlon lipsticks i have. also, don't apply over dry lips. it'll get stuck in every single dry bit, and look cakey and weird. i think it really depends on your skin tone, because it looks great on many people i know. just not on me. bummer!

on 11/4/2012 2:09:00 AM

A must have in your lipstick drawer- not phenomenal, but a go to shade for everyday!
Similar to MAC angel, and MAC cremecup but softer and a little paler; much more wearable.
For reference I'm:
EL Doublewear- Tawny
MUFE- 125
Lancome Dualfinish- Matte Nu3
MAC STudiofix-NC30
BobbiB- Natural

on 10/22/2012 2:09:00 AM

I saw this lipstick in a beauty guru's video she was raving about it and saying it was her favorite lipstick it looked amazing on her so i decided to pick it up. And i absolutely love it! Its my favorite pink lipstick. Its a cool tone pink with a creme finish its very moisturizing, not only is the color amazing but the formula is perfect.

on 10/11/2012 9:42:00 AM

yes this is only one lipstick which look good on my pigmented lips

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I just bought this lipstick today cause Target was having a sale and OMG love this, going to go back to get a back up!!

on 10/8/2012 9:45:00 PM

Overall, I am very satisfied with this lipstick! I was on the hunt for a lipstick that I could wear on an everyday basis, and this is it! I love the color and it gives my lips a very natural look. The only "issue" I have with this lipstick is that I feel like I need to wear some sort of lipbalm before I apply the lipstick. I usually apply Maybelline's Baby Lips in Quench before applying Primrose and it looks great! Very happy with this lipstick!

First of all, I really love Revlon Super Lustrous lipsticks and have several. By far the best drugstore brand lipstick. I have sensitive skin and some lip products can irritate my lips, but not these. They are completely scent/taste free. They are smooth, creamy, glossy, long-wearing and the colours are great.

Unfortunately, "Primrose" was the only one I've tried that is a fail for me. I would describe it as "hot pink". The creme finish saves it from being too '80s. It is a cool, blue-pink with a bit of lavender. This did not work for me at all. Not for fair skinned brunettes. Don't know what I was thinking. This may suit blondes or people with darker skin tones better.

on 9/3/2012 6:08:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Primrose is a pretty lavender/baby pink color. I was scared it would look ashy on my NC 35-40 skin tone. I've never had much luck when it comes to light pink lipsticks, but this one turned out to be wonderful. It's not super bright, but isn't like a nude pink either. It's like the perfect balance of bright and subtle. My favorite way to wear it is with Rimmel's Tiramisu lipliner, and Revlon's Crystal Lilac lipgloss.

Recommended for Medium Skin