December 19, 2014 | 1086 users online

Loose Powders - Coty - Airspun Loose Face Powder

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2013 6:32:00 AM More reviews by chrissadonner

This powder leaves a lovely matte finish on the skin without looking too cakey, great for all over the face and for setting undereye concealer. The scent can be a bit off putting, the rose scent is pretty strong however it wears off within 2 minutes of wearing it. The packaging is bulky and not travel friendly and can get messy if you're not careful. Over the sifter sticker, poke through only a couple of the sifter holes, this will reduce flow of the product through the holes and reduces any messiness. This powder is fairly priced at $2.99-$3.99 depending on where purchased. Definitely worth a try for the price.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2013 5:45:00 PM More reviews by Ferrishyn

I got this when I saw them on sale at CVS for $1.29. I remember this stuff when my Nana used it all the time. The smell is nostalgic, but I know a lot of people don't like it. It is a great setting powder and so cheap. The container is HUGE. This sets my foundation so well with no cakey look. The smell everyone complains about doesn't bother me and it does go away pretty fast. It smells like an older rose perfume from the 40's.

There are a few colors and I picked up the two that were left, Rosey Beige and Light. They both have no color really, but blend with the skin and look flawless.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2013 10:23:00 AM More reviews by stimwink1

I bought this powder because I was in need of a translucent powder as I had lost my regular. I had heard about this and decided to give it a try. I bought the lightest translucent and even with my pretty light skin tone you have to go easy on this or you will look pasty. The texture and the coverage is wonderful but the SMELL is aweful. I admit I have allergies but this has a lot of fragrence to it and if I'm having a bad allergy day I cannot use it.

The packaging also is tricky you have to be careful opening it or it will go in all directions. I ended up using an old antique powder dish and I also have a traveling powder brush that I also filled. It works great for that. But like what I've said about some of Wet and Wilds packaging your paying such a great price for a great product and the company has to cut costs somewhere and packaging is it.

Overall yep I will use this going forward and will look for one of the toned powders. It won't always be my go to but if I need a matte finish or a quick shine fix I'll use it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2013 8:15:00 PM More reviews by jtbeautyx3

I bought this powder in translucent extra coverage for $1 and some change at CVS. Yes, this HUGE tub for less than $2. The smell is extremely off putting especially because I accidentally yanked the top off and powder spilled everywhere. Ever since, I couldn't stand the scent. Oh well. This powder makes my face look ultra smooth no matter what foundation I put it over. I use a RT blush brush since it's fluffy and gives me the coverage I need with just a slight dust of the powder. Putting regular powder foundation can make me look cakey but putting translucent powder on just makes me look super dull. This gives the perfect amount of coverage without looking too powdered up. It's winter time and I like how this doesn't emphasize the flakes I tend to get. And I chose not to repurchase because despite spilling 30% of the product, this will last me forever! And plus, I don't know if I'll ever get as good as a deal as I did on this one

rated 4 of 5 on 12/10/2013 9:41:00 PM More reviews by cupcake5676

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love it !!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/9/2013 12:57:00 PM More reviews by 4starstolove

I bought this powder to set my under eye concealer because It tends to crease in the fine lines under my lash line. I love it it doesn't crease at all and makes it feel smooth I don't care too much for the smell but it goes away in a few min so I'll live it just has a very perfumed scent. I have used lots of different translucent powders but so far I like this one the best and it doesn't cause flash backs in pictures. I apply it with a fluffy brush I tap it in then sweep any excess off.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2013 12:42:00 AM More reviews by NinaSun

I LOVE this face powder. I have the one in translucent, extra coverage, and it's one of my favorite loose face powders, next to the MAC loose face powder and MUFE HD powder.

My face starts to get a little oily throughout the day and by the end of the night is really oily and usually powders don't stay on my face long enough to keep it matte until nighttime. Well, this kept my face looking matte and flawless all day, which I much appreciate. The little applicator puff that comes with the powder is really soft and is actually pretty decent.

The only thing I dislike about the powder is the smell! It smells really strongly of baby powder and while some people like/don't mind it, It really does bother me as it is *quite* strong. It goes away after about an hour or two but still, I would have preferred it to be scentless. Otherwise, this is an amazing product!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2013 11:00:00 PM More reviews by hmtw

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I have this in the plastic package in 'naturally neutral'. Initially I bought this because I have fond memories of watching my great grandmother use it when I was a small girl. She used to let me play with her empty cans and it really sparked my love for makeup as a child.
Anyway, as soon as I bought this and tried it on, the scent instantly transported me back to my grandmother's bedroom. Most people probably will not like the scent but I have very happy memories tied to it, so I adore it!
As far as product quality and wearability, this will completely take down any oiliness and it gives a sort of glamorous airbrushed finish, when applied using the powder puff then buffing in with a flat kabuki over your normal daily liquid or cream products. When used alone it will even out your complexion gently and dry up excess oil. It is best used on lighter complexions, so that is something to consider. If you are looking for coverage, this probably isn't your best bet. However, If you are looking for a simple setting powder and appreciate 'vintage' fragrance I suggest trying this out! I will definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/30/2013 3:45:00 PM More reviews by MotM32

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

First off let me start off by saying I adore the smell of this powder. When I use it I feel like I am transported back in time. The powder is silky and light on the skin. it helps a lot with my very oily skin and I like that it doesn't cake up on me. Also you get SO much product. I have had mine for about a year and use it every day but have still not used it all up. When and if the day comes I will be repurchasing this and living out my dream of living in the 50's

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 9/23/2013 2:39:00 AM More reviews by kiune

Hm. I bought this because it was cheaper than other brands by half or more but it's not really working out anymore. At first it was an ok alternative to my trusty Laura Mercier Loose powder but as time goes on it looks more and more drying on me and accentuates my rough patches of skin and makes me look parched and over powdered and older as a result. It looks like I have makeup on and that I don't like. I bought it in Korea so the price ended up being around $15-16. Not that cheap. It lasts FOREVER - there is so much product. I wish I could use it up faster so I can move on but as I have it now I'll keep using it in rotation with my other powders. The new packaging is what I have and for some reason, although I've not dropped it, the plastic container has a crack in it but the powder is safe inside. I'm thinking maybe it's the powder puff that I need to stop using and try other application methods to get a sheerer look.