July 24, 2014 | 1611 users online

Loose Powders - Coty - Airspun Loose Face Powder

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 9/30/2013 3:45:00 PM More reviews by MotM32

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

First off let me start off by saying I adore the smell of this powder. When I use it I feel like I am transported back in time. The powder is silky and light on the skin. it helps a lot with my very oily skin and I like that it doesn't cake up on me. Also you get SO much product. I have had mine for about a year and use it every day but have still not used it all up. When and if the day comes I will be repurchasing this and living out my dream of living in the 50's

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 9/23/2013 2:39:00 AM More reviews by kiune

Hm. I bought this because it was cheaper than other brands by half or more but it's not really working out anymore. At first it was an ok alternative to my trusty Laura Mercier Loose powder but as time goes on it looks more and more drying on me and accentuates my rough patches of skin and makes me look parched and over powdered and older as a result. It looks like I have makeup on and that I don't like. I bought it in Korea so the price ended up being around $15-16. Not that cheap. It lasts FOREVER - there is so much product. I wish I could use it up faster so I can move on but as I have it now I'll keep using it in rotation with my other powders. The new packaging is what I have and for some reason, although I've not dropped it, the plastic container has a crack in it but the powder is safe inside. I'm thinking maybe it's the powder puff that I need to stop using and try other application methods to get a sheerer look.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/5/2013 9:27:00 PM More reviews by Cassyray123

This powder gives me a headache every time I wear it. It's packaging is horrible- it has a dispenser like a salt shaker- but nothing comes out when you try and dispense it. Whenever I do choose to use it, I have to take the dispenser off all together and it makes a HUGE mess. HOWEVER you do get alot of product for a low price, this is a quantity product rather then a quality product. Coverage wise it is ok, but nothing incredible and this is definitely made for fair skinned women.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/14/2013 3:45:00 PM More reviews by sultaria

The good thing about it was that it didn't break me out. It also has a nice smell to it. On my skin it looked pretty bad. Made me look like a ghost. I bought it in translucent. If you have olive skin, like me, or anything darker it most likely will not be flattering. I think this powder was intended for fair skinned people. I ended up throwing it away.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2013 11:22:00 PM More reviews by AgentMakeup007

I bought the one that has the slight floral smell, and I really like this product. It has lasted me ages, I really like the puffy applicator thingy, even though the container can get things messy sometimes.
This loose powder sets my liquid foundation like nothing else! Doesn't add extra color, doesn't look cakey, it just leaves the face poreless and matte! I dab it all over my face with the puffy thingy and then swipe it out with a kabuki brush.
I think this is my HG loose powder for setting foundation!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2013 4:13:00 PM More reviews by NoirAngelx

Being the vintage cosmetic lover that I am, I had to snatch this up the minute I saw it in the drugstore shining in all its powdery glory. After excitedly opening it up, the distinct spicy floral aroma of "L'Origan" wafted over my nose and it near put me in an opiate-like euphoria, I love old school scents. Needless to say though, the scent will likely bother most modern noses.

This sets makeup beautifully! My other favorite go-to powder is Chanel Poudre Universelle, but that one offers slightly less coverage and has more of that silky silica-based texture. When Coty powder was first manufactured, it predated the silicone revolution in cosmetics so it contains no such ingredients, though it is talc-based. The powder has more heft to it, compared to more modern powders which are super lightweight. However, it controls oils very well, if not better, and I love the completely matte finish of it.

Originally I purchased this in 'Translucent' which has pinkish undertones to it. My only issue with this powder was that if I applied too much, it altered my foundation color very slightly since I am very fair and yellow toned. However, I recently purchased this in 'Naturally Neutral' and it works amazingly if you are yellow toned! It perfectly matches my MAC NC15 skin. Very pleased that I found this color.

So, if you: A.) Need a nice loose powder. B.) Don't mind old school scents. C.) Want to feel like a vintage starlet, I highly suggest you try this out!

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2013 6:33:00 PM More reviews by peachesndream

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this loose powder and use it every single day. I think it sets makeup incredibly well, looks so polished and fresh, and is not cakey in the least. It does help control oil and blurr the overall face, giving a soft focus look. They give you the biggest tub ever, and so it lasts and lasts. I also love the fresh, delicate scent. It seems like a luxury product, when in reality, it is really inexpensive. I use it with a bush or the puff and both results are fantastic.

I love the vintage look of it and I very much enjoy feeling a connection with older generations of women through this classic makeup!

I will absolutely buy this again, although with how much is in the container, I am not sure I will ever need to.

I bought mine at CVS, and I have seen it at Kmart and sometimes at Walgreens (not 100% about other places). I usually see it near the nail tools, Sally Hansen airbrush leg lotions, and cosmetic brushes. Since it is a sort of isolated product, it can be hard to find, I think, so look in the obscure places of the makeup section if you are having trouble, or displays every close to the floor.

As a side note, I was browsing through the pictures here of it, and saw that there was one that tells you what color to get according to your skin tone. I was unaware of this when I purchased my powder and got the Translucent Extra Coverage. I am NW15 and think it is a great fit. If you are going to get one, I wouldn't worry too much about deciding if the color you get is right, like you would with foundation or pressed powder. I think that these are pretty much universally flattering. (Although now I am intrigued by the one in the green box and may have to get it!).

SLIGHT EDIT: OK, I was so excited after writing this review that I went to both Kmart and CVS to look at the different shades. I saw some of the old boxes that were made out of cardboard (I was unaware of this until I read the reviews on here; mine was the plastic one). I just wanted to say that if you look, you can still find the cardboard container ones, since some people wrote they preferred those. I found several, and reading the carton, the cardboard ones are Made in the USA and the plastic ones are made in China. I much prefer Made in the USA, so I think I will stock up before they are gone.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2013 6:13:00 PM More reviews by IndustryKoda

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I never thought I could wear talc until I tried this. I was terrified too-I develop cystic acne easily and suffer from regular break outs. I am sensitive to fragrance. The list goes on. I initially tried due to the reviews here, there, and everywhere and it has proven itself. There is no shiny/glittery business like with so many loose and mineral powders, comes in both unscented and the original (rose/floral), has a good shade range including translucent, and is CHEAP. 2.3oz for between $6-9 depending on where you buy it. I love the Luminous Translucent for my highlighting. I wear Naturelle as my regular powder or mix with my mineral foundation (Meow Cosmetics Flawless Feline) The original packaging was cardboard with a safety seal only-once opened, it's open. The update sees it in an easy off tub with a puff which keeps it from coming out. VERY finely milled and FLUFFY. This deserves its place in my vanity.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2013 1:14:00 AM More reviews by BeautBetty

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Thank you for posting the pictures for this powder , especially the comparison with other colors. I also love this. I have used it for many years and although I'm always trying new things......this is a keeper. I don't mind the smell-it's very nostalgic for me ( I own the original L'Origan). I also prefer the original cardboard top not the plastic. My cardboard top never soaked through. It lasts forever.
I use both the regular and the extra coverage but I prefer the regular because it does not sit as heavy. I don't use a brush because it fluffs around. A puff or a powder sponge is better.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2013 12:27:00 AM More reviews by Mocksoup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this stuff. It leaves my skin looking flawless without being cakey. The Neutral is pale enough for me without being overly pinky. I love the powder puff in it... this would be my HG powder, except... that fragrance.

I wish they'd make an unscented version. I'd buy it in bulk.