September 18, 2014 | 2105 users online

Loose Powders - Coty - Airspun Loose Face Powder

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 12/9/2013 12:57:00 PM More reviews by 4starstolove

I bought this powder to set my under eye concealer because It tends to crease in the fine lines under my lash line. I love it it doesn't crease at all and makes it feel smooth I don't care too much for the smell but it goes away in a few min so I'll live it just has a very perfumed scent. I have used lots of different translucent powders but so far I like this one the best and it doesn't cause flash backs in pictures. I apply it with a fluffy brush I tap it in then sweep any excess off.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2013 12:42:00 AM More reviews by NinaSun

I LOVE this face powder. I have the one in translucent, extra coverage, and it's one of my favorite loose face powders, next to the MAC loose face powder and MUFE HD powder.

My face starts to get a little oily throughout the day and by the end of the night is really oily and usually powders don't stay on my face long enough to keep it matte until nighttime. Well, this kept my face looking matte and flawless all day, which I much appreciate. The little applicator puff that comes with the powder is really soft and is actually pretty decent.

The only thing I dislike about the powder is the smell! It smells really strongly of baby powder and while some people like/don't mind it, It really does bother me as it is *quite* strong. It goes away after about an hour or two but still, I would have preferred it to be scentless. Otherwise, this is an amazing product!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2013 11:00:00 PM More reviews by hmtw

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I have this in the plastic package in 'naturally neutral'. Initially I bought this because I have fond memories of watching my great grandmother use it when I was a small girl. She used to let me play with her empty cans and it really sparked my love for makeup as a child.
Anyway, as soon as I bought this and tried it on, the scent instantly transported me back to my grandmother's bedroom. Most people probably will not like the scent but I have very happy memories tied to it, so I adore it!
As far as product quality and wearability, this will completely take down any oiliness and it gives a sort of glamorous airbrushed finish, when applied using the powder puff then buffing in with a flat kabuki over your normal daily liquid or cream products. When used alone it will even out your complexion gently and dry up excess oil. It is best used on lighter complexions, so that is something to consider. If you are looking for coverage, this probably isn't your best bet. However, If you are looking for a simple setting powder and appreciate 'vintage' fragrance I suggest trying this out! I will definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/30/2013 3:45:00 PM More reviews by MotM32

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

First off let me start off by saying I adore the smell of this powder. When I use it I feel like I am transported back in time. The powder is silky and light on the skin. it helps a lot with my very oily skin and I like that it doesn't cake up on me. Also you get SO much product. I have had mine for about a year and use it every day but have still not used it all up. When and if the day comes I will be repurchasing this and living out my dream of living in the 50's

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 9/23/2013 2:39:00 AM More reviews by kiune

Hm. I bought this because it was cheaper than other brands by half or more but it's not really working out anymore. At first it was an ok alternative to my trusty Laura Mercier Loose powder but as time goes on it looks more and more drying on me and accentuates my rough patches of skin and makes me look parched and over powdered and older as a result. It looks like I have makeup on and that I don't like. I bought it in Korea so the price ended up being around $15-16. Not that cheap. It lasts FOREVER - there is so much product. I wish I could use it up faster so I can move on but as I have it now I'll keep using it in rotation with my other powders. The new packaging is what I have and for some reason, although I've not dropped it, the plastic container has a crack in it but the powder is safe inside. I'm thinking maybe it's the powder puff that I need to stop using and try other application methods to get a sheerer look.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/5/2013 9:27:00 PM More reviews by Cassyray123

This powder gives me a headache every time I wear it. It's packaging is horrible- it has a dispenser like a salt shaker- but nothing comes out when you try and dispense it. Whenever I do choose to use it, I have to take the dispenser off all together and it makes a HUGE mess. HOWEVER you do get alot of product for a low price, this is a quantity product rather then a quality product. Coverage wise it is ok, but nothing incredible and this is definitely made for fair skinned women.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/14/2013 3:45:00 PM More reviews by sultaria

The good thing about it was that it didn't break me out. It also has a nice smell to it. On my skin it looked pretty bad. Made me look like a ghost. I bought it in translucent. If you have olive skin, like me, or anything darker it most likely will not be flattering. I think this powder was intended for fair skinned people. I ended up throwing it away.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2013 11:22:00 PM More reviews by AgentMakeup007

I bought the one that has the slight floral smell, and I really like this product. It has lasted me ages, I really like the puffy applicator thingy, even though the container can get things messy sometimes.
This loose powder sets my liquid foundation like nothing else! Doesn't add extra color, doesn't look cakey, it just leaves the face poreless and matte! I dab it all over my face with the puffy thingy and then swipe it out with a kabuki brush.
I think this is my HG loose powder for setting foundation!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2013 4:13:00 PM More reviews by NoirAngelx

Being the vintage cosmetic lover that I am, I had to snatch this up the minute I saw it in the drugstore shining in all its powdery glory. After excitedly opening it up, the distinct spicy floral aroma of "L'Origan" wafted over my nose and it near put me in an opiate-like euphoria, I love old school scents. Needless to say though, the scent will likely bother most modern noses.

This sets makeup beautifully! My other favorite go-to powder is Chanel Poudre Universelle, but that one offers slightly less coverage and has more of that silky silica-based texture. When Coty powder was first manufactured, it predated the silicone revolution in cosmetics so it contains no such ingredients, though it is talc-based. The powder has more heft to it, compared to more modern powders which are super lightweight. However, it controls oils very well, if not better, and I love the completely matte finish of it.

Originally I purchased this in 'Translucent' which has pinkish undertones to it. My only issue with this powder was that if I applied too much, it altered my foundation color very slightly since I am very fair and yellow toned. However, I recently purchased this in 'Naturally Neutral' and it works amazingly if you are yellow toned! It perfectly matches my MAC NC15 skin. Very pleased that I found this color.

So, if you: A.) Need a nice loose powder. B.) Don't mind old school scents. C.) Want to feel like a vintage starlet, I highly suggest you try this out!

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2013 6:33:00 PM More reviews by peachesndream

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this loose powder and use it every single day. I think it sets makeup incredibly well, looks so polished and fresh, and is not cakey in the least. It does help control oil and blurr the overall face, giving a soft focus look. They give you the biggest tub ever, and so it lasts and lasts. I also love the fresh, delicate scent. It seems like a luxury product, when in reality, it is really inexpensive. I use it with a bush or the puff and both results are fantastic.

I love the vintage look of it and I very much enjoy feeling a connection with older generations of women through this classic makeup!

I will absolutely buy this again, although with how much is in the container, I am not sure I will ever need to.

I bought mine at CVS, and I have seen it at Kmart and sometimes at Walgreens (not 100% about other places). I usually see it near the nail tools, Sally Hansen airbrush leg lotions, and cosmetic brushes. Since it is a sort of isolated product, it can be hard to find, I think, so look in the obscure places of the makeup section if you are having trouble, or displays every close to the floor.

As a side note, I was browsing through the pictures here of it, and saw that there was one that tells you what color to get according to your skin tone. I was unaware of this when I purchased my powder and got the Translucent Extra Coverage. I am NW15 and think it is a great fit. If you are going to get one, I wouldn't worry too much about deciding if the color you get is right, like you would with foundation or pressed powder. I think that these are pretty much universally flattering. (Although now I am intrigued by the one in the green box and may have to get it!).

SLIGHT EDIT: OK, I was so excited after writing this review that I went to both Kmart and CVS to look at the different shades. I saw some of the old boxes that were made out of cardboard (I was unaware of this until I read the reviews on here; mine was the plastic one). I just wanted to say that if you look, you can still find the cardboard container ones, since some people wrote they preferred those. I found several, and reading the carton, the cardboard ones are Made in the USA and the plastic ones are made in China. I much prefer Made in the USA, so I think I will stock up before they are gone.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No