Coty Airspun Loose Face Powder

on 5/18/2014 4:21:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I bought this product when all the beauty gurus were raving about it. Overall it's a great setting powder. Also a good formula. It covers well without the cakiness. I would definitely buy again. Just love love it. The only con I found was the the smell. It's a very strong perfume smell but once it's on and what not I don't smell it. And I've notice a few people complaining about the cotton puff applicator. I do no use it. I wouldn't even consider it a con because I just use my MAC powder brush.

on 5/17/2014 7:40:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Very good.....AND HARD 2 FIND!! I bought 2 at my local kmart. I took the sifter off so I could just load up the powder puff it came with & it really is about the best thing I've found for oily skin. It does use up the container faster that a way so next container I am leaving the sifter on for economy purposes!! The one I am using now is translucent extra coverage but my other container is neutrally neutral I think it's called; I wanted to see the difference between the 2.

Edit 8/5/2015: I have been leaving the sifters on my powders since my review back when I first reviewed this and I find I can get enough powder out. I use this for "baking" where u leave the powder on for 15-20 mins then if there is excess I whisk it away w a fluffy brush (I use a Morphe one). Baking works supposedly better w colored powder rather than translucent so I purchased honey beige today to bake with & will update after baking w that for awhile. I was hoping that it won't be too dark but I need it to be imparting color on the skin. Baking is an old drag secret. I love Coty Airspun loose powder, best setting powder ever & I will always have it on hand and use it. It's cheap but hard to find still n if my kmart closes then I will be screwed n have to order it online. I've been using air spun forever... Ladies & gents she's baaaaking! Stay tuned....wakey wakey, eggs n baccy!!

Update 8/8/15: works wonderfully for baking! And isn't too dark. When I find this again I'm going to pick up a back up!! I would love to try Rosey Beige too. Coty Honey Beige Airspun is ideal for baking. A powder sent from the Gods to be able to bake with!! If u bake u need this powder in ur life.

on 4/27/2014 10:50:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

BUYER BEWARE: causes MAJOR breakouts! OMG I am soooo upset that I bought this powder. My skin was 100% acne-free & the second I tried this, the next day I woke up to FIVE PIMPLES!!!! OMG I'm not even willing to try the fragrance free version because my sensitive skin clearly hates this product. I didn't realize how much fragrance it has, wow, you can still smell it hours later on your face. Fragrance-free products ONLY people! Fragrance breaks down our production of collagen in our skin. Wish I would've known ahead of time but I saw all the great reviews & wanted to try it. Lesson learned!

on 4/24/2014 1:54:00 PM

I got this for my birthday from my boyfriend. I asked for it mainly because of the size and the fact that it's a loose powder. I had no idea it would be awesome. This powder (coupled with my Skin79 and applied with my favorite powder brush from abbamart... Beau Make) covers flawlessly! It is very inexpensive. Mine was around five something. The smell does not bother me at all. Infact, for those of you who did not like the smell, it comes in unscented now. I highly recommend trying this amazing powder. I will be buying this again.

on 4/15/2014 12:14:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I'm 16 and I always have a horrible time with finding the right powder that doesn't come off easily or breaks my skin out. But this is the only brand I can use that doesn't mess with my skin, only makes it look and feel smoother and doesn't make my acne worse. The other good thing about this powder is, I have ALWAYS had a hard time finding the right color powder because I am so pale, but so far this powder is the only powder that matches my skin perfectly and doesn't make me look orange like the others. It lasts almost all day too. I put it on around 5 in the morning before school and around 1 in the afternoon I have to do a little touch up around my nose. But other than a bit of touch ups, it lasts all day.
It's light weight, feels great, and it has a baby powder smell (very strong smell but still smells good). I have been using this powder for about 2-3 years now and I love it. I wouldn't ever use any other powder. I recommend this to my friends all the time and they love it too. Also, use your own powder brush, the one they put in it does not work well.

on 3/24/2014 12:36:00 AM

The fragrance is horrible--like an old lady in the worst way (and I'm 62!). I can't stand to be associated with a cloying, creepy scent like that. The whole bathroom smells of it though I was careful to use only a touch on my face. And the awful scent lingers in my nose. A nightmare. I threw it out immediately for two reasons: 1) the old "lady scent" is intolerable, and 2), it's made in China, a country whose manufacturing standards I don't trust--especially not on my face!

on 3/23/2014 9:50:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have the translucent extra coverage version. It does an excellent job of controlling oil and excess shine. It doesn't leave a cakey appearance, but it does have a strong scent. Luckily it is tolerable for me. I found mine at Walmart for about $5.99. One con I can say that it has is the packaging. It comes with a powder puff that doesn't distribuet the powder well onto my face. The holes also release too much powder. I took the advice of others and left the clear sticker on and poked my own holes that way not too much powder is wasted or spilt. It worked like a charm. I also recommend using your own favorite face powder brush. So far, it hasn't broke me out or clogged my pores. Crossing my fingers on this one.

on 3/20/2014 6:35:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

- oil control
- amount of product
- matte finish
- adds coverage

- scent

COMMENTS: I have the original in translucent extra coverage. The smell is definitely...strong, but very reminiscent of my mother's old makeup (very nostalgic). That being said, it's a great powder if you have oily skin. It adds some coverage and gives a lovely matte finish. There's a lot of product in the container, so it'll last you a while. It's a great, cheap buy for sure - just make sure you poke a few holes before removing the plastic covering to prevent too much powder from coming out of it or apply tape to the areas you want covered. You'll have more control when using this (and this applies to any loose powder).

Will repurchase.

on 3/10/2014 12:47:00 AM

I think the powder is truly amazing and once I found out how long it goes back in the makeup industry I love it even more for that vintage factor! The smell really isn't anything to me because of how well the product looks on my face. It leaves me face looking flawless, of course it doesn't conceal over much other then lightly evens skin tone. I have no problems of cake face at all. I just recommend that you moisturize, if you use it alone, before and you will have a flawless and beautiful finish. If you find this product please don't hesitate and buy it because it is amazing!!!

So I purchased this in the new and modernized plastic container. I have naturally neutral and translucent extra coverage. Both shades really have no huge difference on my face but I prefer naturally neutral. I currently use this product like so: I keep the powder puff because it blocks the holes if I were to accidentally drop it one day the puff comes in handy. But I take the puff and dab what it has on different parts of my face (forehead, cheeks, nose) I then take the e.l.f. powder brush to buff and blend the powder. I use it as a foundation powder and there are no complaints with my oily skin :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This powder was really really nice, it made me look flawless, but the smell was so strong I got a headache shortly after using it! That never happens to me and I'm not scent sensitive. I did use this while I was sick so maybe that's why I had a headache, I will try it again and update if I have better experience regarding the scent.