Clinique Almost Lipstick [all shades]

4.3

on 5/13/2003 11:36:00 PM

not a winner in my list

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I have it in Bronze Lilac and even though I've had it for a while, it still works great. It's sheer but still nice, and the gold flecks are really pretty in a subtle way. I'd recommend it for anyone. The shade I bought is good for medium to fair skin.

on 4/5/2003 3:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I think these are drying and I don't like the colors it seems work for most other people (Black Honey and Almost Kissed look horrible on me) but I have to admit, I love Bronze Lilac and would buy it again for the color. It always looks natural but gorgeous. I would buy it but make sure to moisturize my lips alot...and be prepared for some inevitable flakes.

on 4/5/2003 9:13:00 AM

Almost Kissed has turned out to be the best lipstick I've bought all year. As close as I'll ever get to red. (Do ignore on line colour swatch)Muted warm light red.
Not keen on the formula when first applied. highlights lip lines and dryness. but shine and lipstick look wears off and pretty stain lasts very long.(Black Honey does nothing for me).

on 3/19/2003 2:59:00 PM

Am I the only one who doesn't like Black Honey? On me (fair skin, black hair, blue eyes) it is much too brown,flat and dull. Why they say the shade is for everyone is beyond me. However, I am fond of ruby melt and bronze lilac. Ruby Melt is a sheer bright red and bronze lilac is an unusual pinkish burgandy infused with shimmery bronze. Love the sleek silver case but I wish the tube was larger - it must be made by people with very thin lips! I also wish they would come out with more shades!!

on 3/2/2003 3:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

i love the packaging, it's very sleek and sophisticated. as for the product, i think the formula is okay. it's lightweight and gives a nice shiny tint. isn't very moisturizing, because it's so thin. i have the sheer blackberry shade, because they were out of black honey. the 2 shades are almost identical...i love the sheerness of it. i just wished it lasted longer!

on 3/2/2003 2:09:00 PM

I love all of Clinique's almost lipstick line. I have the black honey, almost blush, almost cocoa, lilac bronze, almost mocha (discontinued) and fruit ice (discontinued). I like how it goes on smooth and shiny, has just the right touch of color and doesn't feel heavy or drying at all. Great to use in the summer time when I don't wear as much makeup. I also LOVE the sleek silver tube packaging. Even my DH comments on how stylish that looks! Love, love, love the black honey color too. I got my first one in college 7 years ago and now I'm on my 4th or 5th tube. Would definitely be going back to get some more!

on 2/15/2003 12:22:00 AM

I didn't think I would like this because I don't usually have much lick with Clinique, but I really love this product. It goes on really nice and sheer and it doesn't really feel like anything is on. The colour I bought (Bronze Lilac) is a little too dark and reddish for me, but not too bad when I wear bronzer. I will definitely go out to buy another one or two in pinkier shades because I love this so much. And I like the slim silver tube, looks much nicer than most lipstick and gloss tubes.

When I first started wearing make-up, my mom got me one of these. It's been so long, and so many different tubes later, that I don't remember my original shade. I do, however, have Black Honey, which I love. It looks so different in the tube, but on the lips it seems to gently darken/intensify the natural color of your lips. Great product!

on 1/11/2003 10:34:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

Great coverage, great colors, great texture!

Popular Lipsticks